The ONE Thread November 26-December 2 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jilly - Sorry you got AF with such a short LP. I wish I could loan you a few LP days since I get 16 most months. Here's hoping your next cycle has a super duper long LP (like 9 months).

That being said I'm pretty sure I've already ovulated so please move me to waiting to know.

Greenegirl - Are you a capricorn or a cancer by chance? I think those are the two signs I click with most but I really get along with everyone most of the time. I was just wondering. I had fun chatting it up with you the other night. Next time we Knit!

Thanks!
Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#122 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
The Test Yolk Buffer is an extender that nourishes the sperm while it is in transit. You use four parts of the buffer to one part of the ejaculate, so be prepared for a bit of mess.

The sperm cannot live outside the human body for an appreciable amount of time unless it is frozen, which you cannot do at home. It is chilled with those "blue ice packs" and kept cold in what looks irreverantly much like a picnic cooler. You use overnight shipping. My swim team was picked up at my donor's house at 2 PM and arrived at my doorstep at 10 AM.

Of course I paid for the Bio-Tranz to be sent to my donor's house and then overnighted to my house, which was a bit less than $200. I could probably have kept my own travel expenses below that if I'd done Greyhound bus and Youth Hostel, but I don't think that's what most Known Donors have in mind when you offer to pay their travel expenses.

If I were you, I'd have dh overnight the Swim Team on your most fertile day or days. My KD is fairly experienced and when it comes to shipping, he abstains for three days for the greatest possible sperm count, although those of you in relationships do better by more frequent, less potent insems.

http://www.knowndonor.com

Unfortunately, he's in New England and I'm in California and those long distance things never work out.

Well, I don't know about never, but I'm kind of new to the whole shipping thing so I felt more comfortable with a more experienced "shipper" in the nearest big city.

My mother bred Shetland Sheepdogs when I was a kid, so personally I find all of this biology stuff to be fascinating and somewhat familiar rather than gross. :

Oh yeah, I've heard of that guy. No, he's not our guy. We've known our donor for man years, and now he's been helping us make our family. An amazing gift!

A question in terms of advice for Juneau -- is there any reason her DH couldn't do the donation before he leaves if he's only going to be gone for three days? Like if he's leaving two days before she thinks she'll get a positive OPK, couldn't they just do the donation at home, preserve it using the test yolk buffer and ice (maybe dry ice?) and then she can use it two days later when he's gone? Of course, if he's gone for longer, that would change things....

Love all the donor chat around here -- makes me feel not so "different"....

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#123 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Love all the donor chat around here -- makes me feel not so "different"....

I'll second that!
#124 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 11:44 AM

Jezzy: I work in the Court system with kids and one fo the things that that really irks me is when parents let their children make (life altering and sometimes really poor) choices w/o intervening b/c they don't feel like they have any control or are uncomfortable with being the proverbial bad guy. I have pretty strong views on parenting(non-parent that i am), so I'll end my reply now . I do hope your neice is ok, tho. BTW, i think the rods here are called Norplant.

And Megin, I love the donor chat, too. Very informative!!!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#125 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Greenegirl - Are you a capricorn or a cancer by chance? I think those are the two signs I click with most but I really get along with everyone most of the time. I was just wondering. I had fun chatting it up with you the other night. Next time we Knit!
Tara
Nope -- I'm Aquarius.

(For everyone else -- Tara and I found out we live less than 3 miles from each other, so we met in person last Friday night for the first time! We ended up talking for 4 hours, and both totally lost track of time. Our DHs were all worried and wondering where we were ).
#126 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 11:47 AM

to all. I'm feeling blah today, but the all the donor talk is terribly fascinating!
#127 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann109 View Post
Jezzy: I work in the Court system with kids and the only time I find myself really ticked is when parents let their children make (life altering and sometimes really poor) choices w/o intervening b/c they don't feel like they have any control or are uncomfortable with being the proverbial bad guy. I have pretty strong views on parenting(non-parent that i am), so I'll end my reply now . I do hope your neice is ok, tho. BTW, i think the rods here are called Norplant.

And Megin, I love the donor chat, too. Very informative!!!

I agree with you Ann! 100% My sister calls and asks for advice ALL the time about her daughter,and NEVER listens to a word that I say it is always but.... but.... It is so frusterating! I mean the best when I try and help but it goes in one ear and out the other. She has always let her do what she wants it is really sad, she was such a sweet kid and is turning in to not a very nice teenager. So sad
#128 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 11:55 AM

greenegirl that must have been exciting meeting irl! Crazy! I wish that you all lived close to me!!

~MoonGypsy~ to you, I hope that you feel better soon! I agree the doner talk is very interesting!
#129 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
Good morning! Last night my sister called my 15 year old niece ( the one that tried to give me tips on how to get preg ) lost her baby. I told my sis she had better talk to her and tell her that she had better wait a few years or decade! I told her to look into the rod thing that you have implanted in to your arm. They have that here they must have it there too. I just don't know what it is called. You know what my sis said?? I cant force her to undergo surgery like that! What?? She has her head in the sand! I can't believe she won't even talk to her daughter about that option! She deserves to be a grandma at 35! Ok, I am sorry that my niece has to go through this but..... I really think it is for the better her bf is uneducated has had 5-6 jobs in the past year and she is still in highschool! I just don't understand them.

Enough of my family drama! I hope that everyone has a great day!!
Jezzy, depending on your relationship with your sister, you may want to revisit this issue. My sister had a baby right after she turned 15 and my now 6 1/2 yo nephew is being raised by my mom (and has been since he was about 2 weeks old). My sister lives in the same house, but takes no responsibility for her son's upbringing. My nephew has very little comprehension of what "mom" means; he knows "grandma" as mom. Your sister is right, she can not make those kinds of decisions for her daughter, but she may be the one who pays the price for her daughter's decisions if your niece choses not to use protection.

I don't know how responsible your niece is in other areas of her life, but at that young an age, she wouldn't be doing it by herself, raising a child, yk? Maybe she would be able to handle the responsibilities of motherhood, but most young girls can not. I think that is something that your sister and her daughter might discuss together. Your sister can discuss her options and let her know what she can make of her life if she waits to have children, discussing the best ways to protect her from having children too early, etc. Then, ideally, your niece will make the best decision for a girl her age.

I am sorry for her loss though. I'm sure that she is hurting and missing the baby that could have been. That was just my 2 cents . . . well, a little more than 2 cents.
#130 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 12:29 PM

Thanks Sabo you are right, my sister and I aren't really close because of things like this that continue to happen. My niece lives with her boyfriend (24) because she can't get along with her mom. I told my sister to get the police and make then bring her home. She said that she can't that the police won't to anything because she is 15. My sis is soooo difficult, you she asks for advice and doesn't really want it. She has shunned her daughter when she was 4. I wanted to adopt her and bring her to me..... what a riff did that cause in our relationship! Doesn't want the kid (even admitted it) but won't give her up to someone that does. It goes way way back with her. I wrote my niece a letter, I know she is hurting and missing her baby, I feel really sorry for her´and wish I could be there to help her though this, because my sis won't. But I can't I am here in Germany and they are in Michigan. I will call her on the weekend, I want to give her some time.
#131 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 12:45 PM

Its kind of odd when I call someone younger than me a dirty old man, but yuck. And your sister is wrong. I used to be a rape crisis counselor and if either partner is under 17, it is statutory rape. Of course, that normally gets overlooked, like if both partners are 16 or 16 & 18. Either way, neither mom nor daughter is going to do anything to stop it, so . . .

Anyways, good luck. It sounds like your niece is a little bit like my sister in more than just the young pregnancy. Its a hard case; she's always right and might hate you for trying to help. Of course, your sis sounds like my mom, always looking for advice (I give darn good advice) and never taking it.

I moved away from the family b/c of all the drama that they love. Is that why you're in Germany? Just kidding.
#132 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Changes made to here.

Fishie Kisses and greenegirl-I think I'm cycle buddies along with both of you, too! I'm 5-7 DPO. (I'm kind of keeping track, but not religiously, so that's why I'm a little unsure of my DPO.)

I *may* test on Saturday (it's the threadkeeper's job, right?), but I don't want to be disappointed so I might hold out until the 9th. I have so much hope for this cycle and I think I could handle seeing AF better than seeing a BFN.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#133 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
I *may* test on Saturday (it's the threadkeeper's job, right?), but I don't want to be disappointed so I might hold out until the 9th. I have so much hope for this cycle and I think I could handle seeing AF better than seeing a BFN.
Or, you could wait until the NEXT Saturday and test with me!
#134 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I might test with you frog! I'm so confused about what's happening with my cycle, and what DH wants or doesn't want. But, I think my O got bumped back a couple of days (maybe to keep in sync with you frog ) If I did in fact O where FF suggests, then it was sandwiched right between two very productive BD sessions

(keep in mind that I told DH that I didn't think I had O'd yet, so he took matters into his own hands when he did not TTA)

Actually, for reasons of an appointment that I would not go through with if I were pregnant, I'm probably going to test next Friday a.m. (the 8th) ... actually, duh, I would need to cancel by Thursday, so I'll test Thursday a.m.

Any other Dec. 7 POASers ... Come on! A day that will live in infamy and all that
#135 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I'm really, really going to try to wait until then! I'm going to graduate school now and I have a ton of finals next week-if I POAS this week and it's positive, my mind will NOT be on school work! If I hold out, then I can actually celebrate and obsess over the BFP instead of having to get back to work.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#136 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 PM

Yippee!! All three detection methods on FF concur and give me dashed cross hairs on CD18, that makes me 4 dpo. If it's right, that is

The darkest of the OPKs that I got (mind you, not what I would call positive at all, but a line) were sometime around CD 16 or 17. So, maybe it would have been positive if I'd POOPK on CD15, which I didn't.

Okay, of course I have work to do today, so I should be : : : :
#137 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
I'm really, really going to try to wait until then! I'm going to graduate school now and I have a ton of finals next week-if I POAS this week and it's positive, my mind will NOT be on school work! If I hold out, then I can actually celebrate and obsess over the BFP instead of having to get back to work.
I'm in total admiration of your restraint
#138 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
I think my O got bumped back a couple of days (maybe to keep in sync with you frog )
All hail the international pull of my cycle!
#139 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 01:55 PM

I am fairly sure I O'd on Sunday so the 7th would put me at 11dpo I may test with you then. Or I will try to hold out until Saturady the 9th. I am not temping anymore so I am hoping my 2ww won't be so spastic and obsessive. LOL

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#140 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 02:35 PM

Im new here. Ive been stocking this thread for a week or so but have found it kind of intimidating trying to keep up, but I will give it a try. On the 22nd of Oct, to prove my dh wrong, I POAS and He was right, BFP. I was scared to death but happy at the same time. Then on the 31st I miscarried. This was my second. So Dh and I decided that we wanted to start trying again right away. Well after a cycle that seems to have gone on forever I finally O’d on cd26. So Im at 4dpo and somewhat optimistic, just trying to survive the wait!

twilight girl-- Im right there with you. Testing on the 7th. Its my anniversary and when I was pg woth my dd it was the day that I got the doctor confirmed +. So Im hoping its a good BFP day for me and you!!!!!
#141 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 03:23 PM

My little boy turns 2 on Dec 7th. I'll be about 11dpo but I'm not going to test since my LP is usually 16 days long and 11dpo is a little early to test. In fact since we were chill this cycle I probably won't test unless I'm a couple days late or something (I don't think there's much of a chance of that truthfully).

Anyway, Dec 7th is a big day for us too.

So, Greenegirl and I did meet up like she said and it was super cool. If any of you live close I suggest you try it. We were so lucky to find out we're only 3 miles away from each other...small world. Now we just have to be preg together to top it all off!

Happy Tuesday everyone,
Tara

#142 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 03:24 PM

Ok, I can't ignore two top of the page posts in one day. I really really really don't want to get my hopes up but I tend to be very superstitious about this kind of thing.:

T

#143 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 03:26 PM

mommy-X-2 Welcome!! Sorry about the mc
#144 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Ok, I can't ignore two top of the page posts in one day. I really really really don't want to get my hopes up but I tend to be very superstitious about this kind of thing.:

T
:
#145 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerama View Post
Well a woman in my playgroup who WASNT EVEN TRYING just foudn out she's pg. Im terribly jealous!
You aren't alone. Things like that throw me into a tailspin.

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#146 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy-X-2 View Post
Im new here. Ive been stocking this thread for a week or so but have found it kind of intimidating trying to keep up, but I will give it a try. On the 22nd of Oct, to prove my dh wrong, I POAS and He was right, BFP. I was scared to death but happy at the same time. Then on the 31st I miscarried. This was my second. So Dh and I decided that we wanted to start trying again right away. Well after a cycle that seems to have gone on forever I finally O’d on cd26. So Im at 4dpo and somewhat optimistic, just trying to survive the wait!

twilight girl-- Im right there with you. Testing on the 7th. Its my anniversary and when I was pg woth my dd it was the day that I got the doctor confirmed +. So Im hoping its a good BFP day for me and you!!!!!
: Not only are we cycle buddies, but we're TTC after m/c buddies too. I'm sorry for your loss. I just had an early m/c in October (after a 10 week m/c in August). We have a date, then? Dec. 7
#147 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 PM

Ok, Jezzy, I promise this is the last thing I'll say about this. I hope it is taken in the matter it is meant=supportive, and perhaps give you some topics to talk about with your sister (education is power!)

A 24 year old having a sexual relationship with a 15 year old is illegal in Michigan. (Criminal Sexual Conduct=Felony) And a parent in the state of Michigan who allows her 15 year old daughter to reside knowingly with a 24 year old boyfriend, can be charged with child abuse/neglect. (Although not likely) The police can indeed bring your neice back to her home, your sister simply has to request a runaway/incorrigible petition(through the prosecuting attys office). PM me if you want more info, for yourself, or to pass along to your sis, neice.

Best wishes!

I saw you there, two time Tara! heeheehee

Welcome mommy-X-2!!!!

BTW, EWCM, great new hairtcut, feeling sexy and leaving work early to take advantage of it all

Have a great day!!!

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#148 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann109 View Post
BTW, EWCM, great new hairtcut, feeling sexy and leaving work early to take advantage of it all
Woohoo! Have fun!

And just cause i think it's cute:
#149 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 05:02 PM

I am having sharp pains on my left side, that feel a lot like O pains, but I O'd on the Right side this cycle. : :
#150 of 420 Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
I am having sharp pains on my left side, that feel a lot like O pains, but I O'd on the Right side this cycle. : :
Ah, perhaps you've experienced the elusive 'implantation cramping.' Though rarely observed in the wild, there are enough anecdotal experiences to assume that this species of cycle pain does indeed exist.

:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page