~ Nursing Mamas TTC in December ~ - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2006, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
zak: : i've been there, be good to yourself, ok?

I take 1500mg of vitex a day, all cycle. I will call my midwives as soon as i get a +hpt to ask if i should continue it. For people with low progesterone(me) it can help prevent miscarriage in the first trimester. I have an inkling they will either have me continue that or put me on the prog. cream again (ick) Vitex works best if you keep taking it, so it builds up in your system.

As far as rrl tea, do you take it all cycle long? What's it good for? I need a new tea for post-O, since i can't have my beloved greens, and my yummy black teas are most def. not decaf.

So i forgot, duh, that your cervix can feel slightly open post-baby. It feels more closed again this afternoon, so hoping that's a good sign! Just a few more days will show an improvement in my lp.

carrie, you have to go get that thermometer tonight! how the heck are we supposed to STALK you if it's mia?!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
sarah: a good lp is something to celebrate!

So i'm waiting for af i think. Good news?(hardly any but still) I don't feel devastated i should, but i don't. Hope you guys get what you're dreaming for, it's pretty clear mine will be a ways off with this kinda lp.
I didn't mean to downplay my excitment of a longer LP. They have been 8-9 days so 11 is wonderful!! (just would rather be pregnant) I totally understand your frustration of a short LP. It sucks to not even get to test because AF comes before any reasonable time passes. I'm very sorry! I know you have been trying everything and I hope a pregnancy comes soon for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamarie View Post
Sarah: How disappointing. Maybe it's still too early.
I'm hoping that's it. I thought I was 15 DPO but my chart is unclear and considering the negative I think it is probably 11, so hopefully there is still hope! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelS View Post
sarah & jill: I am so sorry... I am praying for both of you! Maybe is just too early to get a positive! : & : !!
Thank you Rachel! I hope your TWW is speeding along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick79 View Post
I think I am gearing up to O because my CP is "fertile" as is the CM.
Have fun!! We should have a bding smilie.....hmmm..not quite sure what that would look like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak View Post
Ok, so... I am actually feeling more down about not being pregnant than I anticipated. Blah.

I bought some Vitex today... 225 mg. How much and WHEN do I take this stuff? Do you keep taking it post ovulation? I know you stop EPO after ovulation...

THe HFS lady told me to drink 3-4 cups of RRL tea each day (that's a LOT of tea... especially for someone who hates tea... ) but I'm going to give it a try. I am also going to mix Red Clover tea with it... but stopping that post-ovulation too.

Anything else I should consider doing/taking? I'm super regular, have been having ovulation/cycles since 7 weeks PP. Always have plenty of fertile CM. BD A LOT. I don't know what we're doing wrong. We were successful on our first try (in August for our May babe). I'm going to keep charting... this was my first month charting.

Can post-m/c stuff still be going on and keeping us from being successful again?

: for all the Mamas waiting to test! Here's to a bunch of....
It is so hard sometimes. I know nothing about vitex but the red clover should be take pre O and the red raspberry leaf after. They each work to regulate hormones but i'm unsure you need them considering your regularity and all, though i doubt they'd hurt! It may be beneficial to try bding every other day in case of a low sperm count, but sometimes it just takes a while.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
As far as rrl tea, do you take it all cycle long? What's it good for? I need a new tea for post-O, since i can't have my beloved greens, and my yummy black teas are most def. not decaf.
red clover helps with estrogen and rrl helps with progesterone. i think it actually tastes rather good too.

Quote:
So i forgot, duh, that your cervix can feel slightly open post-baby. It feels more closed again this afternoon, so hoping that's a good sign! Just a few more days will show an improvement in my lp.
::: I hope! I hope! I hope!

Old 12-18-2006, 08:26 PM

I'm going to POAS on weds (13dpo) and do the blood test Thurs. Right now I have a vagina full of garlic, as all the BD has made me alkaline and I'm starting to get yeasty. All I had on hand was fresh garlic, so I used it overnight.

I was taking a probiotic but I ran out. FYI, it is actually true that semen, in it's alkalinity, can bring on the yeast.

I'm trying to focus on xmas and not this, but it's always in the back of my mind because I want to be able to tell DP *on* christmas, yk?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:39 PM

I saw the crunchy doc today. I'm taking Provera now, to stop my bleeding - basically progesterone. That is what I had to take when TTC dd. I wanted to avoid taking it again, but after talking with the doc, I've decided I'm tired of bleeding. It's not something I have to take everyday, and it doesn't hurt nursing. We talked about my taking Vitex and Damiana. She said that might work too, much like the Provera, but it does take a while to build up etc... The majority of four months is just too long to bleed. I actually felt cared for by this doc too. We are on the same plane. So, I'm hopeful.

She has me charting on FF too. I bought my thermometer today. I will start tomorrow... I guess. Do you temp during AF?

jillybeans - RRL is mainly for strengthening and toning the uterus. I like the tea. It does have a pretty good flavor. Vitex tea... now that is disgusting.

- to waiting and disappointed mamas. We're in this together. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. It's funny how supportive we are to one another having never even heard the voices or seen the picture. I think it's a blessing.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 12-19-2006, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck yogachick79 with O!!!

Hugs to you zak!! However... sounds like you have a really great plan!!! More hugs to you!

GOOD LUCK mamma mia!!!!!!!!!!

eastkygal:
Quote:
We're in this together. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. It's funny how supportive we are to one another having never even heard the voices or seen the picture. I think it's a blessing.
SO Wonderful & SO true!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Old 12-19-2006, 12:23 PM

Ok mommas

I am behind -- sorry

Sarah -- : I am glad you got the HB worked out, even if it is 9 month away (we hope) nice to not have to think as much about it. I am still praying for your pos test. I didn't get a pos test with Theo till 17PO so -- you might still get one.

FlapJack -- : : :

Kirk Heidi -- what CD are you one now?

Momma Mia -- how are you doing?

Zak -- I am soooooooooooooooooo sorry. I use the RRL supplments (capsuls -- pills ) not the tea as i am NOT a tea drinker.

We are on CD 18 -- and I have messed up my chart so much i am clueless. I have been useing O tests -- but i missed testing on Friday which might have been the pos one (CD 14) if I was going to O on CD 15 or 16 like i would expect.

I am lost....I just keep playing with it all and BD all the time "just in case" (DH likes what approach -- he is just as glad not to be sure when we O).

But at least DH and I are talking a lot about the new baby -- and finding an OB and so on -- and DH is getting into it, and there are a lot less jokes and a lot more spaay loving talk....(not that DH mines all the BD and makes a lot of male comments about that!!).

so I have no clue.................I am telling myself I will NOT test till CD 32 which is Jan 2 -- and I'd like to hold out till CD 38 which is JAn 8 ------ BUtttttttttt we all KNOW I won't make it that long................

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 12-19-2006, 01:21 PM

Morning ladies! Well, as nuts as I am I was at my mom's house last night picking up the BBT so I have temps again as of this morning.

Aimee, I don't think you missed it yet hun. Your chart is shaping up nicely and we should be able to see a clear spike in temp just after O. You haven't had that yet which means that you probably haven't O'd. Way normal to O later with nursing... Keeping waiting, it will come

eastkygal, with the exception of this cycle I usually temp all cycle long. I feel like it gives me a better idea of what is "normal" for me after I have done it that way for a few times. But some people simply start after AF beings to taper off. I think it is simply up to you.

Mia, where are you??? When are you testing again and how are you doing?

Jill, I am still drinking my green tea. The problem tends to come with drinking a lot when you are pregnant, not prior. Esp if you are taking your prenate which will have folic acid in it. The studies that were done were in Asia in areas where prenatals were not used and the high consumption was during pregnancy. I dealt with this (asked a TON of questions) when preg with Landon because I was trying to cut out all coffee. So you should still be okay.

Oh, and hurry and wake up, post your temp and update me (and all of us ) on what is going on...

Everyone else, since I am running out of time you guys are constantly in my thoughts and I am hoping for the best for each of us this month!

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
Old 12-19-2006, 02:27 PM

thanks carrie. I've been wondering about red tea too, cause i love that as well.

and updated.

High temp this morning, being very very cautiously optimistic. Could still plummet like last month. And i also think i'm 5dpo today. FF guides agreed,but the coverline on the research method, which switches me so i'm 5dpo, is off. I think the coverline on this method is much more agreeable, so i'm leaving it.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 12-19-2006, 05:44 PM

I'm sitting back, following along. Much love to all the mamas. My appointment is Thursday. No POAS until then for me! :

Crossing my fingers : Jill!

Good luck Aimee!! It's a mixd bag not knowing your O date for sure.

eastkygirl

I am on only a couple hours sleep and I have to finish cleaning my house and run 928374923879 errands. I am a total space cadet. I look like this, too :
Old 12-19-2006, 07:42 PM

thursday you say mia? I'll be watching! :

Old 12-20-2006, 06:21 AM

:
Old 12-20-2006, 12:48 PM

Well, sorry I have not updated. AF came on Friday, soooo lets start again shall we:

~About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all. ~
Old 12-20-2006, 03:33 PM

I'm so upset now i can hardly type. I tried so hard to stay positive this cycle, and look what it got me?! No, it isn't an implantation dip. I'm spotting, waiting for full flow. :cry: Three cycles of the same, no change at all. Guess the vitex isn't working. I just want to be NORMAL, and conceive easily! I don't want to wean dd, who is already at a mere twice a day, i don't want to use progesterone, i don't want to use clomid again(not that they would till i weaned anyway) I hate my body. :

Old 12-20-2006, 03:38 PM

jilly,

i am soooooooo very sorry.

we had so many GYN issues before TTC ds that i understand feeling like your body is working adgismt you and your desire of a baby.

I am so very soory

I wish i had the words to make you feel better.

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 12-20-2006, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
jillybeans, I'm so sorry.

Mamma Mia: :

Well, I've temped the last few days and they've both been post O temps. I'll check tomorrow and if it's still up then I know I O'd. :

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
Old 12-20-2006, 04:19 PM
zak

Oh, Jill. I'm so so sorry.

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

Old 12-20-2006, 04:20 PM

so is FF ever gonna tell me I Oed??

A

Old 12-20-2006, 04:29 PM

: Oh Jill..... I'll cry with you. So frustrating and sad! You don't think you could do clomid while nursing? Isn't mammamia? I can't believe your dd is only nursing twice a day! Our girls are only a couple weeks apart and dd is still nursing 6-8 times a day!! I am just so sorry, I hope things improve quickly. You are doing B6 right?

Old 12-20-2006, 04:33 PM

Well we decided to wait another day to test. I took one yesterday afternoon after not drinking a couple hours (running errands, forgot water bottle, so thirsty!) and it was a strong negative as well. I didn't tell dh but he suggested waiting atleast an other day anyway so I'll test tomorrow am. It must be positive, other wise I'm having the longest LP ever (for me atleast!) tomorrow will be either 14 or 19 DPO. Before this my longest was 11 days.....in the past 3 years I've charted, that is the longest.

Amanda, good luck!

Aimee, I don't think your temps look like you have Oed yet. Your CM and temps aren't matching for O, so possibly you will have more EWCM and a temp jump and know for sure. Hopefully this week! Just my guess!

Old 12-20-2006, 04:56 PM

sarah: I know, she is just so busy! I've even tried to force her to nurse and she's like "no ma'am" but when she does want it she lifts up my shirt.
There are a number of issues with going on the clomid again(sorry this may get long, i need to get it out!)
First, i was never truly diagnosed with a prog problem(even though it was obvious, from all the spotting) when ttc dd because the month they did the test was the best ttc month i had to that point! Anyways:
She's only one, and this is only my 4th pp cycle.
There is only ONE doctor here(ob) and he and i ran into some MAJOR issues when i got pg with dd. He thinks i'm a raving hippi(even asked if i was going to light candles and chant when i told him i had decided on a homebirth) ya, complete you know what. So i don't even know if he'd see me again!

yes, still doing the b6, 100mg a day, but it didn't ever help pre-dd, and i can't take more than that because i'm one of the lucky few who get tingling hands and shaking fingers.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Jill: I am SO SO SO SO Sorry! I wish I could give you a hug girl!
I am just so sorry!!! hang in there! We are all here together!

BabyGow: Sorry af has found you... I will move you to waiting to O.

Mamma Mia: GOOD LUCK tomorrow!! :

Amandamarie & Aimee21972: for o'ing!! : !! Please let me know when to move you to TWW!

sarahn4639: : !!!!

How are you all doing naturegirl, ErinluvsKen, jen&james, sarahmck, kirk_heidi, HeatherB, zjande, RachelSerena, witchymama2 & Oka-san ????

Anyone else need moved??

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Old 12-20-2006, 05:16 PM

Can I join?

Dd is 17 months and AF found me. I had gone a bit longer last time so it was a bit of a surprise. I suppose this makes me waiting and hoping to O.

I have been reading through all the posts but the thread is over 20 pages long! Perhaps I'll catch up soon.

Congrats to all you ladies that have gotten positives or made progress on understanding/straightening out cycle irregularities. : to the rest of us.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome mommajb!

Old 12-20-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
First, i was never truly diagnosed with a prog problem(even though it was obvious, from all the spotting) when ttc dd because the month they did the test was the best ttc month i had to that point!
Is there a mw that would order the blood work? Don't you just need a couple blood draws on certain days to get progesterone levels?

Quote:
Anyways:She's only one, and this is only my 4th pp cycle.
Well there is still lots of hope then. It takes time for things to work them selves out pp and ESPECIALLY while nursing. I KNOW it is hard but I'd give it a couple more months before getting too worried, well then again you mentioned having problems before having your dd too, so....
Quote:
There is only ONE doctor here(ob) and he and i ran into some MAJOR issues when i got pg with dd. He thinks i'm a raving hippi(even asked if i was going to light candles and chant when i told him i had decided on a homebirth) ya, complete you know what. So i don't even know if he'd see me again!
What a head! Where are you? Are you a long ways from another town or city? It could be worth looking for someone else.
Quote:
yes, still doing the b6, 100mg a day, but it didn't ever help pre-dd, and i can't take more than that because i'm one of the lucky few who get tingling hands and shaking fingers.
That stinks. There is no way for me to doubt it has helped me. I have taken 107mg daily this cycle and I've added atleast 5 days to my LP. I can't thank you enough for that recommendation!! If you were wanting.....I had a short LP before dd too and had a little spotting very early in the pregnancy so I was very worried. My mw had me pick up some over the counter progesterone at the health food store and use it topically once or twice a day, I don't remember. That would be something to look into.....not sure if that would affect nursing, I doubt it though because the nursing "pill" is progesterone only. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Can I join?

Old 12-20-2006, 07:15 PM

I totally forgot to bookmark this thread .. i am still waiting , my last af was 11/15 and i think my cycle is about 30ish days still no af , when i checked the ovulation calender i should be able to get a positive hpt in the next few days ..the last one i took on mon was - but i think it may have been too early .. no sign of af so i am still waiting , i will test tonite and tommorow am ... what can i say i love to poas hehe good luck to all the ladies that are in the tww !!
Old 12-20-2006, 08:19 PM

((((Jill)))) My dd is much older than yours. My return to cycles happened at 14 months pp, and only because I was taking a weekend class that had me away from dd for 4 hours at a time. It is easier for me to make a choice about clomid at this point, as my child isn't even a toddler anymore. Also, I've been TTC #2 much longer. I can see why you'd wait to try clomid again.

If you decide you want to do clomid again, you can probably see an endocrinologist instead of the UA Violation doctor. Just a thought.

Don't forget all your positive energy work. I remember that you said that even if it wasn't this cycle, that you had a feeling it was soon. It's not going to be this cycle, but it is going to be soon.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

HI Isaacs_mom!! Good luck testing!! Keep us posted!!

Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 PM

Btw, I realizing (duh) that I am actually 14dpo today, not tomorrow. I didn't have a stick to pee on though. I will POAS tomorrow with fmu before my appt., since I'll have to wait for beta results anyway.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma Mia View Post
If you decide you want to do clomid again, you can probably see an endocrinologist instead of the UA Violation doctor.
ua violation doctor.

thanks guys. No there is no one else to see. Nearest town with another ob is an hour and a half, and after that is the big city which is two hours. So a bit of a drive. I did make an appt for in the morning to talk to the jerko doc. He's a major pita, but he does know his stuff(at least when it comes to infertility. As far as ob care he can shove it up his lower orifices!) I'll keep you updated. Mostly, i'm looking to see if he thinks the prog. cream might help.

User Tag List