~ Nursing Mamas TTC in December ~ - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 574 Old 12-26-2006, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sarah

I am glad you are going to "check it out" -- I too know a lady who never got pos home test -- even after an US -- however i am clueless as to is that is an "all or nothing" thing (like for every pg, or just one out of a number of pg, for the same woman).

I think you are right -- just go and see what the blood work says -- THEN decide where to go, who to go to, or if anyhting needs to be done at all

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#482 of 574 Old 12-26-2006, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

changes made

Welcome mimiharsha and forestrymom!!!

Good luck to all those waiting to O or in the tww!!

Sarah: I too am glad that you are going to check it out!! Good luck!!

Good luck interviewing an OB Aimee!! It is ALWAYS good to plan!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#483 of 574 Old 12-26-2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
Sarah

I am glad you are going to "check it out" -- I too know a lady who never got pos home test -- even after an US -- however i am clueless as to is that is an "all or nothing" thing (like for every pg, or just one out of a number of pg, for the same woman).

I think you are right -- just go and see what the blood work says -- THEN decide where to go, who to go to, or if anyhting needs to be done at all

Aimee
Yeah, thanks for the support, you too RAchel! They said it was about a 24 hour turn around but I think I might try to use my overwhelming charm and see if they can speed it up! I'm getting ready now and I'll head in. Thanks!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#484 of 574 Old 12-26-2006, 06:42 PM

I'm supposed to start clomid but since Ds has had the stomach flu for a few days now he is nursing alot and I don't want to start it and cause more issues with his stomach. he is just now starting to keep some solids down. What do you guys think?

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#485 of 574 Old 12-26-2006, 06:53 PM

ok, i don't belong in this thread...if i could read i would've read "nursing" moms!!!! not nursing...bummer. thanks for being friendly though!!!

J
#486 of 574 Old 12-26-2006, 07:30 PM

well, not getting in today, long wait, by the time we would have been seen the lab would have been closed. i'll probably try to get in in the am. i'll test again tomorrow just in case, heck i have a test left anyway......

#487 of 574 Old 12-26-2006, 08:46 PM

Hey gals... I hope everyone is having wonderful holidays.

Sarah- Good luck to you! I hope you can get a BFP or get in tomorrow.

Aimee- Good luck interviewing OBs! My advice is make sure they aren't intervention and ultrasound happy... That's how I ended up with a c-section for macrosomia for an 8lbs. 13oz. babe. I hope you can find one that is a fit for you. Your definitely lucky to go into it educated!

I've been doing alot of reading on progesterone taken as a pill and fertility. Usually folks start it on CD 16-20 to stop excessive bleeding. My doc had me start on CD3 because I had been on and off bleeding for a month. Now, FF says that progesterone treatment makes it really hard to tell if your temp is high because of the meds, ovulation, or pregnancy. So, I don't know if my findings are skewed. FF hasn't said that I o'd yet, but it has said that I'm fertile for about 6 days now. I'm on CD11. Tomorrow is my last dose of progesterone. I wonder if the next day I may o because of not taking it and estrogen being more dominant then? It's all confusing me a little really.

Let go and let God... I'm working on that...

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#488 of 574 Old 12-26-2006, 11:12 PM

words for us ALL to live by

Quote:
Let go and let God... I'm working on that...
and my mom's fav --- a watched pot never boils

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#489 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 01:54 AM

Sarah, Good luck testing! I hope you get quick + results. :

jen, I do not know much about clomid so shouldn't comment but I haven't read anyone reporting that they thought it upset their nurslings stomach at all.

Welcome forestrymom

Good luck figuring it all out eastkygal.

I am going to try not watching the pot. Maybe it will boil.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#490 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 03:40 AM

sarah, i really hope you find some answers soon! :
jen&james: I started clomid two days ago, and dd has hand, foot and mouth, and is a nursing a bunch. I've read a few places that it shouldn't affect things too much. So we went with it! Good luck!

Anyone want a hormonal, witchy, crying mess of a woman? Oh wait, that's me. : It didn't do this to me last time!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#491 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jillybeans: I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time. I'm praying that you get a bfp on the first round.

Sarah: Good luck to you tomorrow

As for me, I just started spotting I think I O'd on Dec. 16th. Is my lp long enough?
I am thrilled I O'd after months of annovulatory cycles. I did get part of my Xmas wish at least

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#492 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 12:35 PM

Amandamarie, I think that a 10 day LP is okay. You just need a few more than 7-8 because that is usually when implantation happens.

Well, 7DPO for me if FF is correct. I think that they are and that my temps are just wacky at the start of the cycle from the chemical pg last month. Hoping that we caught the egg, but not counting on anything because we didn't really get acrive enough then. I've been Oing much later in the cycle so we thought there was more time. Ah well, if it is meant to be this month it will happen.

I'm actually just excited about possibly Oing where I was pre preg with DS...

How are you ladies doing this morning. Anyone testing today?

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#493 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 PM

Well, I got a not fertile sign on FF today. Last week was mostly fertile, and today is just CD12. I haven't gotten an O date from it yet either. I think things are a little off. Oh, well. We'll see what happens.

: for those in TWW and testing...

I was crampy yesterday... oddly. I wonder if that was O pains? I've never really been that in tune with it before so I figured I was one that didn't experience that.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#494 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 01:33 PM

How come every day I have to check
fatigue
and
sleep deprived.

6-8 dpo for me (I think 8, ff says 6). And no spotting yet so that is good. I will probably test on New Year's Eve if I haven't started my period yet.

:!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#495 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 02:05 PM

Hey ladies! AF arrived late Christmas Eve...lovely. O'well, I'm on CD4, keep forgetting to temp, gonna work on that tomorrow.

Sarah, hope you get a postive with the blood draw!!

Sending BFP dust to all the testing mamas!!

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
#496 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
naturegirl, good luck to you

JamesMama, Sorry AF found you

Welcome Forestrymom

Rachel, How are you?

Sarah: I hope you were able to get a blood test today.

Rachel, Please put me back to Waiting to O. CD1 this morning for me
I may need to lengthen my lp. I'm going to see if there's a Chinese herb I can take that will help lengthen it and is safe while nursing. I'm already taking a B complex + extra B6 everyday.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#497 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 02:53 PM

Amandamarie, I'm not sure about Chinese herbs but Vitex is supposed to help lengthen your LP. I've been taking it and mine has normalized out some (we'll see about this month and then decide if it's back 100%).

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#498 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM

Good morning ladies...hoping you are all in the works of getting bfp's!

For those of you taking clomid...did you have problems ttc the first time? Just wondering.

And I just started charting in fertility friend...but not temping this month. No way to get a bbt out here in the boonies...will have to wait until I get to a real town !

Thanks for the warm welcome too, girls, and for making me feel at home. You are all swell!
#499 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
For those of you taking clomid...did you have problems ttc the first time? Just wondering.
Yes, i had trouble conceiving the first time.

Ahhh so sorry af has found some of you! Best wishes for late sept/october babes!

Finally had a good solid night's sleep! On to baby making! One thing i have noticed this cycle is my cm is more what it was when ttc dd. Lots more ew already.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#500 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

changes made

So sorry jill that you are going through the extra emotions of clomid! How many more days are you on it? Did you get my email I sent you on your website?

Sarah: how are you doing today?

Good luck yogachick79!!!!! I am pulling for you!!!!

JamesMama & Amandamarie: So sorry af has found you!!! Hugs to you both!!

Good luck to all you mamas o'ing or in the tww!!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#501 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Also, is anyone interested in two aim stick ovulation dip sticks? I have two left and I would love to mail them to one of you wonderful mamas!!

Thanks amandamarie for asking about me! Hugs to you! I am doing okay. My symptoms are coming and going ... so in some ways it makes me nervous. I worry & pray a lot about the little one sticking! I had bleeding starting at week 5 through almost the end of my pregnancy with ds so I am praying that I do not have that this time around. On a side note.... I stayed up until midnight last night buying some on-sale summer preg clothes on oldnavy.com. I REALLY hope that I didn't just jinx myself. I do not have any summer clothes and my dh said I could buy some.... how can I say no to shopping?

many blessings

#502 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 07:58 PM

well i had the blood test today and the lab said it would be done this afternoon and my doc should have my results, my doc promised to call me when she got them, i called at 4 pm to remind them to find them and call me, and it is now 4:55pm and nothing. I AM FEELING VERY FRUSTRATED!! poor dh, i called him a couple times today just for this or that and he was so excited everytime he answered the phone. he just called to ask, i think he thinks i'm lying and just waiting to tell him when he comes home, i hope he doesn't have his hopes up i am feeling very teary and not very hopeful at all right now. i just need to know so i can move on.

last night we watched a dvd of dd's first weeks of life, my dad copied us his footage, so we had to watch. i physically ached for a baby! it was pretty overwhelming. i think it hit dh pretty hard too.

i wish they'd just freaking call me!

#503 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 08:07 PM

sarha,

we are all waiting too

be sure to post when they do

the doc may not make calls till office is cleared out -- after final appt -- my ob has called about Paps as late as 7.....

Aimee

#504 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 08:14 PM

FF says:

Quote:
Implantation Signs: Not detected. Note that this does not mean that you have not conceived.
What does this mean -- really --

1. as I am on 4DPO is it too early?

2. What implantion signs are they talking about? Is it JUST a temp thing? I can start temping again -- but as i missed soooo many days i doubt it would mean anything, now -- or would it?? (if I am not pg I will be better at temping next cycle -- propmise)

Oh yogamomma -- help!!

are there other signs than the temp?

???????

Aimee

ps FF is jsut so fun to play with -- another baby related additiction.....

#505 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 08:22 PM

sarah: hang in there!

rachel: yes, just got your email actually! We've been gone for five days.
OMG A. is so freaking cute! What a smooch! I think G. is in love,she's saying "dat dat dat dat" at the screen. Hope to see you really soon over in the ddc! Oh, and i'd love the sticks if you still have em!

#506 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 09:03 PM

I finally get to post.
I've been lurking here for months but with no AF since before my babe was born (23 months ago), there didn't seem to be much point in actively participating. Well, she finally showed up yesterday. I've never been so happy to see AF as this. Now I can finally start trying for real.

I just had to tell someone who would understand - it's not the kind of thing you run around saying in real life and I'm so excited.
#507 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Jill! Please pm me with your address and I will get those in the mail to you tomorrow! I am not sure what I was thinking when I wrote the posting... they are ovulation tests from babyhopes.com... hope that is okay. I am really glad you saw a pic of my little guy!! SO cute what your adorable Grace said!!! I am praying extra hard for you girl!!!

Hugs to you sarah!!! I will say some extra prayers for you for some GREAT news tomorrow from the doc!!!

Welcome dinah! I will add you to our list! Congratulations as well!!!

#508 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 10:09 PM

Hi Ladies!

Congrats Rachel!

So, let me catch you all up on what is going on with me. I have a nursing 13 month old DS and have not had a PPAF yet. I took Vitex 40 drops in the morning for about 2 weeks, then started to get O pains! Then got watery/but don't 100% know if it was EWCM for a few days. This is exciting for me because I have been dry or had a little sticky CM since DS was born. SOOO I had the O pains and CM from Dec 17-Dec 23, we BD'ed Dec 17, 19 and 22. I am hoping to see AF or a BFP anywhere from Dec 31-Jan 6 (14 days after those O pain and CM days). Actually, since i am I could try my internet cheapies at 10DPOpain....hmmm... That could have been today... hmmm... I will take one tomrrow AM just in case!

ok.. going to bed! I am :yawning:

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#509 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck lincap!!! I will be thinking about you in the morning!!! Keeping my fingers crossed !!!

#510 of 574 Old 12-27-2006, 11:58 PM

sarah -- did the doctor ever call??????

A

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page