~ Nursing Mamas TTC in December ~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2006, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Drumroll please . . . :

BFP! BFP! BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: : : : : :

When I went to test, I had a teensy bit of spotting and I figured it was AF, but since I had the test unwrapped already, I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. And two lines showed up! I can't believe my little boy is going to be a BIG BROTHER!!!

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2006, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations Dantesmama! : :

First of the month ... hopefully more to follow!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:40 PM

Congrats Dantesmama! : :

Hope there are a lot of December BFP's to join you!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 12-02-2006, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

OH!!! naturegirl..... I never noticed in your sig about your store... I checked it out. Love it!! How awesome for you! Must bring you a lot of joy! I always wanted to have a website. I love your slings! I will be checking your stuff out more once I get a BFP!

So sorry about you BFN naturegirl!!! : SOON!!

Congrats dantesmama!!! : : : How wonderful!!!! I am very excited for you and your family!!! I will move you!!!

Hurray for dantesmama!!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Old 12-02-2006, 05:58 PM

Thanks Rachel. And if anyone wants to start their own online store...I have TONNES of advice that could save you lots of $$$ that I unfortunately didn't know to start.

I wasn't really expecting a positive test so not too bummed. It took so long to get preggers with ds that I am not expecting it to happen easily. Would be a nice surprise though.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 12-02-2006, 08:01 PM

wow go out for a few hours, miss al lot

ok

Quote:
Congrats Dantesmama!
in total agreement -- soooooooooo happy for you.

I have not paid attention to all this before -- gonna just let it all go and do it trying not to think too much -- riiiiight -------- buttttttttttt we are now on month 4, no biggie i know, but getting stressful for me personally.

so

Quote:
I talked to a naturopath that is soon coming to work in my sister's Massage Therapy Center. She has recommended that I take the herb Damiana along with my Vitex and RRL. I hadn't heard of it before. She says it is perfectly safe while nursing. It balances hormones and works also much like Vitex. It is also a natural aphrodisiac which is a secondary benefit to the herb. I've been taking it for 3 days now along with Vitex and an occasional RRL tea.

She also said that 1000mg is a good dose of Vitex for our needs. She said definitely do not exceed 1500mg while nursing. She also said that those with progesterone deficencies and prone to m/c might want to take the Vitex at a maintainence dose of 500mg for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy along with RRL tea as long as you'd like.
WHERE do it get -- Vitex -- and it is a pill or what? sorry I guess i shuld be paying more attention......

RRL -- in a tea -- or is the a pill supplment???

Where do i get - Damiana -- and how much to take?

I am also going to O test each day this month -- Dh thinks i am not Oing (as he said "my boys don't have a target").......

I need to keep in mind Theo's feeding can effect O -- day to day -- not all or nothing -- as i was thinking (ie either i don't do it due to nurseing, or I am doing it now so the nurseing no longer matters) -- really each and every time he nurses, or goes 4 + hours without, is effecting the Egg.........so while I will NOT at this point alter his feeding (we are still 100% on cue) I need to remember that cus that effects when it happens, and counting days may be silly.

Quote:
it seems to help with sexual desire and is a relaxant. Used as an anti-depressant, to relieve anxiety and mood enhancer. I also found out it can lower your blood sugar and act as a mild laxative.

sounds like i could use this in EVER COUNT -- desire, conception, relaxtion, anti-d.........wow

Quote:
1. Using www.mymonthlycalender.com I'm calculating my estimated O window. All you need is the CD 1 and how long are your average cycles. I'd say 37 days going on your last 2 months.
I have a calanader on babyzone.com -- same thing, with average cycle to guess you O date -- I put in 30 days, got a date, put in 35 days and got a date and put in 39 and gat a date -- so I have 3 general idea dates....but since i will be testing......

we BD 4+ tiomes we week anyway -- dh has an appite........last night we discussed it -- he feels I am not Oing cuz he is sure with as much S%X his boys would not miss.........

Eastkygirl -- how long is DH gone??

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 12-02-2006, 09:42 PM

Hooray dantesmama! Happy and healthy nine months to you!
Carrie, i don't see your update on here yet! (ohhh you guys are going to love it!)

NVmama, i'll be looking for a more conclusive result tomorrow! Post right away, ok?

Cd 9 here. Getting ready to start the opks in a few days. Let's hope for earlier O, longer lp(or no lp, but bfp instead)

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 12-02-2006, 10:28 PM

Aw Jill! I WAS going to wait to post until tomorrow, just in case we are wrong but...

I took a test this morning with FMU and had a VERY light pink line show in just about 5 minutes. I have pulled the saved test out of my purse over and over again today and compared the line obsessivly to the same brand on POAS.com and it looks promising.

But, to be on the safe side we are testing again first thing tomorrow morning (my birthday) with the 2nd good test. This was a First Response Early preg test, not the cheapies and the line is def pink, not grey and came well within the 10 minute window.

Here's to hoping!?

Oh, and congrats Dantesmama! Hope to be joining you soon

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 PM

Oh and Aimee, I don't know about your other 2 questions but I take Vitex (1200 MG/day) and it is in capsule form from the health food store.

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
Old 12-02-2006, 10:40 PM

Congrats Dantesmama!!!!! August is a good month for babes. See my siggie.

Aimee - All of those supplements I mentioned are herbs. You can get them all at any health food store, or GNC if you shop there. Any store that carries a variety of herbal supplements. I take the Vitex and Damiana as pills, and the RRL as a tea. I tried the Vitex as a tea, but the taste was horrible, and I got a Damiana pill stuck in my throat yesterday and that tasted awful too, so I wouldn't recommend that as a tea either. The RRL is pretty good as a tea. It's all up to your tastes. Vitex acts as progesterone, sort of, in the body. You can look these up on kellymom.com to get more info.

Damiana - I'm glad I found out about it too. It really seems to help so far, and the naturopath said she has had many women who she put on it come back with success stories. So, here's to trying !

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 12-02-2006, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

: yogachick79!!! Good luck!! Sounds VERY Promising!!! I will be looking forward to moving you tomorrow.

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Old 12-02-2006, 11:55 PM

yogachick79 ---

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 12-03-2006, 12:01 AM

?????

Have any of you momma tried Damiana

When I research it a little I find in a few places it is not safe for breastfeeding

http://www.supplementwatch.com/supli...asp?DocId=1093

but I don't know if that is jsut a general "nothing that isn't FDA blessed is safe" type thing -- CYA stuff

or

if there is an isssue?

ANy other data would be appercipated -- any other sites or reseach I can look at?

Old 12-03-2006, 12:05 AM

i may have answered my own question -- don't you hate that -- you look and look, and can't find it -- then you post asking, and THEN you find it

ugh

Generally safe -- accourding to kellymom.comn -- a site I truust.

http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/ref/herbs_d.html

Aimee

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh adn check this out too
http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...m_c.html#vitex

quote:
Quote:
Side effects of using vitex are rare, however it may decrease milk supply - use with caution and monitor for signs of low milk supply.
just be aware...................

Aimee

Old 12-03-2006, 12:23 AM

I know my hubby wouldn't mind some Damiana around... And Vitex does taste horrible. I am taking it in tincture form as suggested by my naturopath. And WOW it is strong! It will be worth it if there is a babe at the end though.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Thank you everybody! Good luck to everyone, to you all!!!

Yogachick, I'll be watching for you in the August DDC!

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
Old 12-03-2006, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats on the BFPs and "little"FPs! (i.e, faint lines!) :

Still waiting for O here... a few more days to a week away, I think. Tho I thought I had a little EWCM today, but it might not've been.

I have had similar thoughts, as others, about the frequency and amount of nursing affecting Oing. I do think that as my 2yr old's nursing has decreased during the day, to the point where he only nurses when he's tired (and generally only at bedtime - he's getting better at just "touching" a nap time and other times when Mommy HURTS!), that my Oing is more regular. I had a couple of WEIRD months where I couldn't tell if I was Oing and having EWCM or not! And since the CM is basically all I keep track of (other than length of cycles and such), then it really through me off. I started temping to see if I could detect a pattern and make sure I was Oing, but I don't think I even got a whole month in. Ah, well!

Here's hoping we'll all have those BFPs soon so we don't have to worry about such things.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:32 PM

Hello All! Some drama in my life. DH dropped my laptop last night, it's broken. I run my business off it, so I will need to get back up and running ASAP. Several thousand dollars to replace it and the software. Hoping I can at least retrieve all my business files and family photos off the harddrive. We are in financial trouble, I was already freaking about how we were going to pay our taxes... anyway, the short version is I won't be checking my email or able to respond online for a little while. We came over to my parents house last night to decorate the tree, so I'm on my Mom's computer right now. I also forgot to bring my thermometer, so no temp this morning. : Trying to focus on the important things in life, had a good cry with my mom last night.

The good news is I sprung for the First Response tests. $10 for two. Took one this morning with FMU at 11dpo.....BFP!

Thank you all for being here for me during this nerve wrecking time and I hope to be back up and running (up to my eyeballs in debt) later this week. Hugs to you all &
Old 12-03-2006, 12:41 PM

NVmama, Congrats on the BFP!!! :

So sorry to hear about the laptop, though. I hope you can get the files recovered and it all fixed soon! You can probably use the same software without repurchasing it, right? If you already own it and the license? I hope so, anyhow!

I realized last night that I'm actually on CD14, and after BDing the night before I have started seeing some scant EWCM! So, I've been waiting for more definitive CM, but we may have accidentally picked a good time! My cycles have been much longer but last month was only 30 days, so it's entirely possible, it seems. Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats NVmama!!! : : Hurray!!! That is wonderful!!! I will move you!

So sorry about the computer!!! Big hugs to you!!

Old 12-03-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

HeatherB: Please let me know if you would like me to move you to TWW.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:07 PM

dantesmama, Nvmama, yogachick, YAY! Congratulations!! It’s so great to see all these BFPs, so exciting! I’ll be following your pregnancies and waiting for those sweet babies to enter the world.

As for me, I’m at CD1 today. It’s okay, though, like I said in the last thread, I plan to just enjoy DD and keep nursing her without any worries and she and I will have plenty of time together, just the two of us. It’s all okay.

Rachel, I guess you can move me to “waiting to O” – it fits me the best, especially since we don’t have a category titled “waiting for DH to come back from his super-long business trip so we can start babydancing again.”

DH leaves on Thursday and I’ll miss him like crazy. This will be the longest we’ve been apart since DD was born. I bet DD is going to miss him and he’ll miss us too. Ah well, there’s no help for it, and when he gets back we can just go crazy.

And good luck to everyone else! Enjoy all that babydancing, if nothing else!!

"Mama, thank you for my little brother!" DD 7/05 DS 6/09
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelS View Post
HeatherB: Please let me know if you would like me to move you to TWW.
Thanks for noticing! I will hang out in Waiting to O until I know for sure I did... Still not 100% sure, but hopeful that maybe we accidentally did what I was hoping we would do, and have some hope of a girl!

Old 12-03-2006, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
AF started this monring -- bright and hevey......

I am just bummed -- last night DH said to me "are we pg, i haven't noticed you have you period" I told him i honeslty did not know -- well know we do.
that sucks, it;s so hard when you have your hopes up, hell, it's hard anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinluvsKen View Post
CONFESSION: I POAS this morning at like 4 am. I couldn't resist or go back to sleep until I did. AND VIOLA! Yet another BFN!!! I don't know why I bothered!
so sorry erin, i hope something happens (preferably a BFP!) that limbo of not knowing is the toughest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post
Today is CD46 or 47. No sign of AF yet. I've been having creamy cervical fluid, but I can't remember if that's a pregnancy sign. I've been very hungry, sometimes light-headed, and for the last few days I've felt nauseated if I eat chocolate, which I love (this didn't happen with DD1).

If I am pregnant, I will be very concerned about the effect on my milk supply. DD is very much NOT ready to wean.
welcome and good luck! the milk is a big issue for me as well. i'm hoping she will atleast continue comfort nursing and then go on to tandem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantesmama View Post
BFP! BFP! BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick79 View Post
But, to be on the safe side we are testing again first thing tomorrow morning (my birthday) with the 2nd good test. This was a First Response Early preg test, not the cheapies and the line is def pink, not grey and came well within the 10 minute window.
So!?!?!? Did you retest? : (You'll get more dancing things when you feel sure about it! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmama View Post
DH dropped my laptop last night, it's broken. The good news is I sprung for the First Response tests. $10 for two. Took one this morning with FMU at 11dpo.....BFP!
about the laptop!! about the !! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oka-san View Post
As for me, I’m at CD1 today. It’s okay, though, like I said in the last thread, I plan to just enjoy DD and keep nursing her without any worries and she and I will have plenty of time together, just the two of us. It’s all okay.
I've been feeling this way too. Don't get me wrong, I want a but it's okay for me right now if I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oka-san View Post
DH leaves on Thursday and I’ll miss him like crazy. This will be the longest we’ve been apart since DD was born. I bet DD is going to miss him and he’ll miss us too. Ah well, there’s no help for it, and when he gets back we can just go crazy.
How long will he be gone? That would be SO hard!! I hope it goes quickly and you both stay busy and as distracted from the separation as possible.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 PM

I think I may have actually o'd!!!

My temp spiked today to 98.1. No af yet and I only had a little bit of spotting. Af usually comes at cd 28 for me. Occasionally as late as cd30. I am cd 29 right now so :

I have already looked up when the baby would be due. I know, I am pathetic...

Congrats about the BFP NVmama and so sorry about the computer!

Sorry Oka-san about the hubby being gone. I would miss my hubby like crazy too.

Good luck to all the testers this am!

Here is my chart!

Old 12-03-2006, 03:42 PM

Safety while nursing and herbs. I like the kellymom.com source. I researched vitex there before I started it. The lady I got my info from is fully educated in naturopathy, and I really trust her judgement.

We've been away from DH for 3 weeks now. We've seen him a total of 5 days in those 3 weeks. Spaced out. He is in the city working and we are in the mountains. They are removing lead paint from our homes.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

Old 12-03-2006, 03:58 PM

Here's my chart, it looks like a mess! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/178574

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:06 PM

Okay, I'm having mild cramps and spotting. My window to o just started yesterday and is supposed to go on until the 12th. I was going to start my o tests today. Should I eventhough this is going on? I'm a little disheartened. It's sooo wacky. :

Old 12-03-2006, 05:17 PM

Thanks RachelS and naturegirl for the hugs!!!

NVMama: I'm using $$ store cheapies right now. With dh laid off it is all we can afford right now!!!

Erin ~ Vegetarian AP SAHM to DS1 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(Kevin age 8) ,  DS2 bikenew.gif(Dylan age 6) and  (Lauren born 11/19/13) babygirl.gif. Loving wife to Ken luxlove.gifmy soulmate. We are a nak.gifcd.gif, and slingboy.gif family.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:31 PM

OK so CD 38 here and I've been on and off REALLY crampy yesterday and today. I think AF is coming for a visit just as I suspected. I'm so sad!!!

Congrats Dantesmama and NVMama on your BFP's!!!!!!!!!

Erin ~ Vegetarian AP SAHM to DS1 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(Kevin age 8) ,  DS2 bikenew.gif(Dylan age 6) and  (Lauren born 11/19/13) babygirl.gif. Loving wife to Ken luxlove.gifmy soulmate. We are a nak.gifcd.gif, and slingboy.gif family.

User Tag List