~ Nursing Mamas TTC in December ~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mia: keep us updated.

Ferning scopes deal with estrogen. You spit on a little scope, let it dry, then peer at it. If there are a few ferns, you're may or may not be fertile. All ferns, you are gearing up to O (can happen for a few days before O)and no ferns, you aren't fertile. They literally look like little ferns. Weird, but it works. I don't use it as THE test of whether or not i am O'ing, but i do use it to help determine when i should start opks. The ONLY reason i have a scope now is because they had them at the $ tree! It was a reputable brand too, and i have had good luck using it for two months. Hope that helps!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#122 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 01:27 AM

can you use a magnifying glass?

what does the scpoe look like

like something for sceine (liek at and ed supply store)

AImee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#123 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 01:51 AM

Here is the one I used while ttc ds. (Ovulation Microscope)

Ovulite

I really liked it. Of course I am kind of a sciencey person and just think things like that are cool. I mean how saliva patterns differ due to hormonal balance. That is just too cool... I think it was pretty accurate. It would be more of a day range and not a specific day. The first couple of months I had to figure out exactly what I was looking for. After that I always had partial or full ferning right at ovulation. IMO you can't use it alone. It is just another indicator, like cf and temps, they don't always match up.

Hope that helps with the newbies and other non-ovulation microscope people!

still no af....

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#124 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 02:09 AM

i hope it isn't too late to jump in.
i guess i'm waiting to catch that first pp egg. my ds is 23 months old and no af as of yet.
i thought i o'd four weeks ago (three days of ewcm and some cramps) but nothing has happened, no af and two bfn.
just wondering if it is at all worth charting if nothing is going on?
i'm so glad to find this thread and if someone could post a link to anything i should know about it that would be wicked awesome.
i hope everyone get their bfp and dust for all
#125 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 AM

*subbing*

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#126 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 03:17 AM

New to the site and don't know the acronyms very well. But I will try. We have been TTC since October. My DS is 19 months and I've had my cycle since my DS was 4 months. No luck yet. We are doing the every other day thing for the lenth of my pre menstral cycle. You know the 14-16 days. We are really hoping TC before the year is up.
#127 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 03:20 AM

Just wondering...is it possible to have a really low cervix and have alot of cm but not ovulate?
#128 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the info on ferning scopes! Good to know they shouldn't be relied upon exclusively. Wondering if they'd help me have a better sense of what's going on, though, as I basically only watch for CM.

Thanks, also, for the well wishes! Unfortunately, feeling really awful here. Fever over 103° and all that lovely stuff. Hoping to treat this naturally and not end up at a doc, but OW!

I think I'm read to be moved to TWW, as I'm pretty sure we've timed (inadvertently or not!) everything within 3 days of O, at least. Having trouble determining, for sure, if the limited EWCM I'm seeing is "it" or just the side-effect of BDing (definitely not just leftovers, though), or what. But, I doubt there will be much happening here for a few days! So I'll be waiting for some HPTs to show up in my mailbox, and then will start POASing.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#129 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 10:31 AM

Morning ladies. Well, looks like I am back to waiting for AF to show up. :

Temp was down again this morning, cramping has stopped and another BFN with an FRE test.

I'm still not sure what happened, or why we got so many faint positives over the weekend. DH is being awesome about it though. Now I wish that AF would just come so that we could be done with this cycle.

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#130 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

changes made.

Welcome jay-boogie ~ where would you like me to place you on our list (check out page 1). Do you think that you have already ovulated this cycle or you are waiting to ovulate?

Welcome Broccolilover!!

Good luck HeatherB during your TWW!!

Big Big Big Big Hugs to you Yogachick79!!!!!!! I am so sorry!!!

HI Amandamarie!!! What day are you on?? I am waiting to O too... I am on day 8...... just hangin out until then!

Good luck naturalgirl!! No AF yet!!! Awesome!

HI Mamma Mia!!! Good luck during your TWW!!

Good luck zak!!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#131 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 11:53 AM

osburnsa is a friend of mine IRL and she isn't waiting to be ready!! She is almost at the end of her 1st trimester! She is on bedrest though so any prayers her way would be nice. Just thought I would update.
#132 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 12:01 PM

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i just got it -- the success stories are the month of conception - not the due date month...........

duuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry........................

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#133 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 12:19 PM

Hello! Well I don't read this thread often but am starting to get really excited for TTC, josybear inspired me with another winnipeg baby! WhoHoo!

We will stop using bc on January 1st, however no sign of ppaf so I guess as of next month I can be moved to ttcfe.........I'm leaving town and going to a timeshare with dh for a week from dec 29th to jan 7th, but then me and the kids are going to mexico for a month without dh so we won't reallybe ttc until feb........but still, I'm excited. I am promising mysle I am only going to test 2x a month if I have no ppaf. DH thinks thats a joke, he says it will be 2x a day in no time.........

With ds 1 who was a crazy intense nurser af came back at 12 months when i went back to work 3x a week, but this time I don't know. DS2 is a much less intense nurser but we aren't seperated cause I'm not going back to work, so we will see what happens, and ds1 still nurses 1x a day........

I don't chart or anything, I'm just waitng to see what happns!

Cheers
Heather
#134 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

changes made

welcome anarchamama!!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#135 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 02:32 PM

So sorry Yogachick

Welcome new mommies! (I lived in Winnipeg for a couple of years. Originally from MB!)

Still no af and same high temp. I finally figured out how to display my chart so you can stalk it now too.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#136 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 PM

WOW welcome to all the new mamas!

The scope really is cool. It's like a lipstick tube, at least mine is.

Waiting to O. Hoping it's on time. I hate this part. And of course i'll o on the busiest weekend for us yet. *sigh* that is if i o on time.

Question: have you had higher temps during a cold? I've only had higher temps during the flu. But i have a small cold now and am getting higher temps.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#137 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 03:08 PM
zak

So sorry yogachick...

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#138 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 04:36 PM

Thanks guys. You are the best.

On the up side, I can and should use the massage gift certificate I got for my birthday now.

#139 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 04:46 PM

- yogachick...

I'm really bleeding today. Like a light day of AF. This is the 3rd day for it and CD 18. Do I count this as another cycle? I'm so confused. :

Good news though... We might be able to go home Thursday for good!!! I so need to. When I get there I'm going to see a crunchy family doc who does full service maternity care too. Hopefully, she will be able to give me more insight as to what is going on with me.

Welcome new Mamas!!!

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#140 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 05:03 PM

so that ovulite scope thing, does it work for everyone? I have one and it all most always shows ferns.
sometimes there is more then others but mostly it is full of the pattern.
and i was wondering if i should bother charting my temps or just stick with cm checking?
any input would rock!
thanks in advance
#141 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 05:19 PM

Broccolilover, are you only using your first morning saliva before eating, drinking or smoking? I know I get ferning patterns in the afternoons, but my first morning saliva shows the spotting, then partial ferning, then full ferning pattern very clearly.

Also If you get 3+ hours of consecutive sleep before waking up, I would *definitely* recommend temping.
#142 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Also If you get 3+ hours of consecutive sleep before waking up,
people get this?????? 3 hurs, uh? in a row??? hummmmmmmmm

#143 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 05:48 PM

thankyou Mamma Mia for responding, sometimes i feel a little invisible .

anywho, i do mostly use the first morning spit, but not always.
the only time i get three straight hours of sleep is at the begining of the night.
so i would be take my temp at like three or four in the morning.
does that work?
#144 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 05:49 PM

LOL Aimee, not always and not usually. Landon went through this great but very short phase of only waking once in the night. I temp early (5:30) because I usually have gotten 2-3 hrs of consecutive sleep (I don't count rolling over to give the boob as waking) around that time. I set my alarm, temp and go back to sleep for another hour.

Okay bloodwork came back as a BFN as well. HCG was 4 and Progesterone was 3. Nurse said it wasn't high enough to be a growing baby. Should I have any HCG in my system at all? I'm still trying to figure out if this was a chemical preg or we had a bunch of dud tests from different brands.

But, DH is being a doll and is going to watch the kids tonight so that I can take advantage of my massage gift card before AF shows up. Lord knows I need some down time right about now.

#145 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 05:52 PM

Hm. I don't know about the saliva scope. I know that only the first morning saliva is reliable for results. If you have PF constantly with first morning saliva I would wonder if you had an endocrine imbalance.

As for the temping- gee, I'm not sure about that either. I'm inclined to say yes, but I am not sure at all. Are you fully waking at the times you wake after that?
#146 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 PM

Oh, and as far as my 2ww goes, I am having a ton of cramping and also a ton of cvm. And I'm constantly thirsty. So I could either be pregnant or headed for AF, one or the other.

I started noticing cramping as I opened this thread.

I am going out tonight and trying to gauge whether or not it's worth abstaining from alcohol though.
#147 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 06:02 PM

WELCOME NEW MOMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aimee: I'm with you girl. 3 consecutive hours of sleep is unheard of in my house. I am soooooooooooooooooooo jealous of those of you who get this. It was so long ago that I slept that long that I swear I can't remember what it feels like to be well rested. It's all worth it though and I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!

Yogachick:I'm so sorry hunny.... to you.....

Erin ~ Vegetarian AP SAHM to DS1 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(Kevin age 8) ,  DS2 bikenew.gif(Dylan age 6) and  (Lauren born 11/19/13) babygirl.gif. Loving wife to Ken luxlove.gifmy soulmate. We are a nak.gifcd.gif, and slingboy.gif family.
#148 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
people get this?????? 3 hurs, uh? in a row??? hummmmmmmmm
Well, I've been TTC for a long time so I forget sometimes that those TTC with littles get so much less sleep (or such interrupted sleep) than I do.
#149 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Broccoliliover: Please do not feel invisible with us here!!! We are very happy that you are here with us sharing your TTC journey!

#150 of 574 Old 12-05-2006, 07:01 PM

yay to feeling welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick79 View Post
Okay bloodwork came back as a BFN as well. HCG was 4 and Progesterone was 3.
it sounds like chemical pg to me, my friend had the same thing happen to her. sometimes i think supper sensitive tests aren't the best thing.
they throw you through an emotional loop.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page