Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#242 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 04:04 PM

VERY VERY VERY + vibes to rachel! *concentrating REALLY hard!*

pretty sure i'll be o'ing the same time as last month, so sometime this week.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#243 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 04:24 PM

Good luck Rachel!

Thanks for that book title
Quote:
Welcoming The Soul of a Child
Amandamarie! I orderd it off of amazon last night for $0.99! It looks like a good read.

cd3...in boring land...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#244 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so very much for the positive vibes!! I SO appreciate it!

I took another test and it was neg. ???? now I am confused.. I took it like the instructions say... waiting a couple of hours and not drinking... urrr.... we are still going to BD today!! However, my hubby wants a girl so much so he only wants to BD once before O so our chances are greater to have a girl.... I just want a healthy baby.... I do not want to miss my chances this cycle... okay... sorry for rambling..... any thoughts?

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#245 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 07:22 PM
zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelS View Post
any thoughts?
DTD lots. My only thought.

Seriously, though... I would love another boy, but really we don't care either way - we initially thought we'd wait until near ovulation to DTD... but we don't... and our first month TTC when we were successful, but lost the babe, I think would have been a girl... We were doing it twice a day for 14 days.... whew. lol

Good luck!!!

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#246 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Zak! I too would love another boy! So much fun! I think that I am going to have to do some seducing tonight. :

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#247 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 09:44 PM

RachelS!!!

My bleeding has stopped. I really don't know if I should start counting another cycle or not. I'm going to try to get in with a crunchymama doc this week to see what's up. Now, I'm waiting to O and wondering when that will be.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#248 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 09:48 PM

So I bought some vitex...just to see if it would help get PPAF.... well I only took 1 ml so far and it INCREASED my milk supply (which Kellymom.com says could happen)... My boobs are full full full .... left one close to being engorged, waiting for DS to wake for his "snack" to get some relief!

I just don't know how much to take or when to take it...

Anyone have ideas?

GL to all testing.. I just bought 50 internet cheapy tests so I can test as sson as I O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#249 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 10:13 PM

Well, big update around here... I finally bought a BBT thermometer. And I bought new pants... figuring I'll then end up getting pregnant quicker and then feel guilty for buying the pants. haha!

Well, not really much going on here. Need to give it more time!
#250 of 574 Old 12-10-2006, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaCrystal View Post
Well, big update around here... I finally bought a BBT thermometer. And I bought new pants... figuring I'll then end up getting pregnant quicker and then feel guilty for buying the pants. haha!

Well, not really much going on here. Need to give it more time!

When I was TTC DS i bought a WHOLE new wardrobe for work in January... my LMP February! AHAHAHAAHHA!! I was able to wear the pants until about 8 weeks pg.. the blazers a bit longer if unbuttoned! I hope your pants don't fit you for long! ahahhaahh!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
#251 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Hello ladies ~

Good luck eastkygal at the doc...

MommaCrystal: been there too!

lincap: I haven't tried it yet... but I will be soon as well...

good luck to everyone!

For me... I am going to test again in the morning to see if I have hit peak... will I get a positive OPK if I hit peak today? I am still bumbed that I got a positive and then a neg... SO CONFUSED :

#252 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 01:16 AM

rachel, you are taking the opk's in the morning? I think you'll get better results if it's in the afternoon. I will eat lunch, go pee, then not drink for a few hours, then test. I have good results with that. And if you hit your peak, then you'll get another - in the morning. With some women, it's possible to never catch the peak because you will test in the afternoon one day, get your peak soon after, then it'll be gone by the next afternoon! peeonastick.com has great info on this.

I think mine will be + in the next few days. Same as last month. Next energy session is wed night, just in time! We're really trying to stay positive, especially after I O, because that's when i think i need it the most.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#253 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the great info Jill!!

#254 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 10:36 AM

I am also taking Vitix and have not noticed the milk thing -- but maybei am not taking enough. I am not up to 1000 a day -- i am at about 500 a day so maybe i am not taking enough.

DS would not complain. L)

AImee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#255 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 12:24 PM

Well I tested yesterday because my dentist wants to replace my almalgan fillings and I was lost where I was in the cycle (I should probably also not replace those fillings while BF). And OMG it was a ! We are still so in shock, our first took almost 3 years to conceive We almost can't believe it, hope it sticks!

You girls brought us so much luck Thank you so much! And I tried Vitex for the first time this cycle.

AImee, I also noticed some increase of milk, I thought it was weird because it is supposed to lower prolactin.

Rachel I agree with Jillybean, I read that most women have their LH peak halfway in the morning, which puts the peak in urine at the end of the morning or early afternoon.

Jillybeans sending you O-dust

lincap, eastkygal, zak, naturegirl, Fruitful4Him and kirk-heidi good luck!

MommaCrystal, you are funny!

Lissybug : CONGRATULATIONS!!

Carma
#256 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 12:25 PM

Aimee, question for you about the temps... What BBT are you using? I only ask because I assumed with mine that the temp that flashed when I turned it on was the previous temp but really I had to hold the button down for a few seconds to see the last temp taken. Just want to make sure that you don't have that going on. And good for you for temping every morning!

Rachel, sending lots of + OPK vibes your way today!

Well, for me there is still some spotting and a day without temps this weekend because I couldn't find my BBT. But I found it in the middle of the night after DS threw up all over the bed (it was between the bed and the wall). So, not much sleep here today and lots of coffee. I wish AF would make up her mind and come or go but my "drive" has been way up since Sat so poor DH is going nuts with the wait.

Happy Monday ladies!

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#257 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Aimee, question for you about the temps... What BBT are you using? I only ask because I assumed with mine that the temp that flashed when I turned it on was the previous temp but really I had to hold the button down for a few seconds to see the last temp taken. Just want to make sure that you don't have that going on. And good for you for temping every morning!
uh -oh

I have not pulled mine off the temp yet today -- just got DS doen to nap -- so i will play wiht it a little

i thought very odd that the temp was the same every day -- no chart i look at looks like that!!!!

I got it at target -- the only BBT there. Healthy Living is the brand

................yor are RIGHT ......this time i held the button, rather than just truning it on and seeing it blink ...and I got 97.25, before it blinkied back to 97.70 when i let go of the button.............................

so

is 97.25 the right temp to chart --

adn

have i totally messed up my chart now??

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#258 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 03:01 PM

LOL, I wondered if that had happend. 97.25 would be the right one, just change today's temp and discard the ones in between your first temping and today. You are still early enough in your cycle and it has only been a few days. No worries

#259 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Hurray : Congrats Carma : I am so excited for you and your family!!!! Lots of sticky vibes heading your way!!!

Thanks yogachick79 for the vibes!!

#260 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 PM

congrats carma! What a wonderful blessing! A very very happy and healthy 9 months to you!

#261 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma View Post
Well I tested yesterday because my dentist wants to replace my almalgan fillings and I was lost where I was in the cycle (I should probably also not replace those fillings while BF). And OMG it was a ! We are still so in shock, our first took almost 3 years to conceive We almost can't believe it, hope it sticks!

You girls brought us so much luck Thank you so much! And I tried Vitex for the first time this cycle.

AImee, I also noticed some increase of milk, I thought it was weird because it is supposed to lower prolactin.

Rachel I agree with Jillybean, I read that most women have their LH peak halfway in the morning, which puts the peak in urine at the end of the morning or early afternoon.

Jillybeans sending you O-dust

lincap, eastkygal, zak, naturegirl, Fruitful4Him and kirk-heidi good luck!

MommaCrystal, you are funny!

Lissybug : CONGRATULATIONS!!

Carma

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love hearing about success!

#262 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM
zak

Congrats, Carma!!!

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#263 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM

Oh horray! Another success story.

A few questions for you ladies.

First, I was taking the Mini pill Micronan (sp?). I stopped about a month ago for two reasons. 1 - I bled nonstop for a month on it, and 2 - we are ready to try for number 2. Anyone feel like I might have issue conceiving after a month long bleed fest? I had one month of no leeding and I am just finishing up my first AF since then. It was VERY normal.

2nd question - how long does it take fertility friend to figure out when you'll ovulate. I just started temping every day and imputing that and any other information I can (cervical fluid - when AF stops completely). I also went back and put in 2 months of AF data from before I was pregnant. This seemed to change predictions A LOT! And it went to something way more in line of what I think is typical for me. So including this month I have 4 months of post partum data in there (but no temps) and two months of prebaby data (again, no temps) (from two years ago) as well.

I'm 10 pounds under my prepreg weight. Doctor blames it on nursing. Anyone underweight have trouble conceiving?

The OPK kits. Worth it for someone like me?

TIA
#264 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 04:34 PM
zak

I'm also 10 lbs under my healthy pre-preg weight... we were successful the first try, but lost our babe...

I've been wondering if putting on a few lbs might help us too.

Hmmm...

#265 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:

First, I was taking the Mini pill Micronan (sp?). I stopped about a month ago for two reasons. 1 - I bled nonstop for a month on it, and 2 - we are ready to try for number 2. Anyone feel like I might have issue conceiving after a month long bleed fest? I had one month of no leeding and I am just finishing up my first AF since then. It was VERY normal.

Sometimes it takes a bit for your body to get back to normal after hormone pills like that. If you've had a normal af since then, no worries!

Quote:
2nd question - how long does it take fertility friend to figure out when you'll ovulate. I just started temping every day and imputing that and any other information I can (cervical fluid - when AF stops completely). I also went back and put in 2 months of AF data from before I was pregnant. This seemed to change predictions A LOT! And it went to something way more in line of what I think is typical for me. So including this month I have 4 months of post partum data in there (but no temps) and two months of prebaby data (again, no temps) (from two years ago) as well.
It depends on when you O first of all, but I think it needs three clear post-O signs(mostly temps) to give you crosshairs.

Quote:
I'm 10 pounds under my prepreg weight. Doctor blames it on nursing. Anyone underweight have trouble conceiving?
I'm not underweight, but if you are having regular cycles and things look normal after a few cycles of charting, i would think you would be fine!

Quote:
The OPK kits. Worth it for someone like me?
i think they are worth it for most people. If you have an idea of when you ovulate, they can help pinpoint exactly when you will. Now with me, my cycles are still normalizing, so I take dozens of them it seems. But that isn't the norm.

Hope that helps!

#266 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 04:39 PM

Congrats Carma, you and I must have been posting at the same time because I didn't see this until just now!!!

Wishing you a healthy and very happy pregnancy and babe

#267 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
And OMG it was a ! We are still so in shock,
WOW

Wish THAT would happen with me -- whatr a cool surprise......

DH thinks that will happen to me in Jan when we go to see about getting eye sugery....

#268 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 05:41 PM

Congrats Carma!

Quote:
Being underweight can affect your lp. I would say if you are charting and you lp is a good length the weight probably isn't an issue. However, if you have short lp or irregular cycles, weight can be an issue. I am underweight and had to take progesterone to lengthen lp and "keep" my pregnancy.

I have been trying to gain weight and am taking vitex to help lengthen my lp. But last cycle it was only 6 days before spotting and 8 before af. Too short. Looks like progesterone may be needed again.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#269 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 05:45 PM

Thanks all for the congrats!! We are very happy! Sending you some more babydust

Carma
#270 of 574 Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 PM

I am well under my ideal weight -- 105 at 5 foot 7.

BUT I am 3 over where i was when i go PG with ds1.

i am trying to gain -- to support a baby in womb, a nusering tot and myself.

We got Theo in 3 months trying, and are on month 4 this time....

so i am not sure how it all fits.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page