TTC 6+ months December Support Thread - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2006, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your daily 30 second update:

Cramps that made it hard to get to sleep last night, BFP dream this morning, another temp rise.

Someone please save me from myself. Seriously! And by that, I apparently mean please keep me from obsessively browsing in the FF chart gallery, searching for Post O Temps that look like mine with early BFPS. 10 dpo is too early to test for my sanity!

Welcome, newbies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the hugs ladies. I'm feeling somewhat better today, although I've got a headache. I've also been hot since I got to work but that's probably because my classroom is about 8 thousand degrees. Blah.

MIC - I wouldn't mind going out to Raleigh every once in awhile. We go now anyway (we've been to a hockey game and we have Billy Joel tickets for March) every once in a great while. Civilization is nice and Charlotte, while lovely is not civilization (at least not like we're used to).

Welcome to our newbies. Hopefully you get to leave quickly (although I'd prefer not before me!)

Anon - Don't test! Hold out wait til at least 14 dpo.

Ok - off to teach for awhile.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:00 PM

stacy... welcome.. your name makes me think of the song.. staceys mom.. and I'm gonna be singing it now.. all day!!! lol

and also welcome to LaLibertad... I hope both of your stays are short... and while you are here you will find the wealth of information and support that I have.

theresa... idk what to say.. I'm still : that youre pg

stephanie... somehow I managed not to ever notice what you were going through... I am sorry I really hope that you are doing well.

on to me .. STILL STINKIN SPOTTING!!! cd 12... I dont get it.. I truly dont.. this is totally insane. I'm really hoping that this doesnt last two months

*sigh*

ok... hoping everyone has a better day! smile!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 12-07-2006, 12:59 PM

I'm goinig nuts. The test that I used today is the one that they use in the lab at the hospital. You have to be late before you can have them done there. I'm debating on going to Walmart and buying a FRER to see if it might be the other test is a lier. I can't believe I'm still holding out hope. I have no symptoms of pregnancy. Even my boobs don't hurt as bad as they did 3 days ago. My CP is better then yesterday though, it's high, firm, and closed now. But that doesn't mean it wont change back tomorrow or Friday. I just want to be 100% sure, and I can't until I get my period (or don't for that matter)

I was checking out the chart gallery on FF and looking at the charts of pregnant people with Hypothyroidism, and they all look an aweful lot like mine does. But so do the non-pregnant charts with the same issue. I guess I just have to wait it out...

BLAH!!!

anonymousk~
I'm loving that chart!!! I think I'd have no question if mine looked like that!!! : that this one's it!!!

ChristyM26~
Where is the Billy Joel concert at? I think DH might like that. How much were the tickets? I might want to do that for a christmas present or something! It'd be awesome if you could come to Raleigh for a day and hang out. It's so much fun to go into downtown Raleigh and check out the historical sites. It amazes me...

Ok... I'm outa here. I'll check in later.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Here's tons of

because there's not enough going around!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:23 PM

MIC - Billy Joel tickets are for the RBC Center on March... 8th I think. We bought the 85 dollar ones but they also had 35 dollar ones. I'm sorry about the test. That always stinks.

Anon - I like the chart. I wish mine looked like that. But still... NO testing! We should put a stop to all testing for awhile... Heh, that'd never happen huh?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:40 PM

Ack! Mothering's page size is all messed up for me this am so all the posts lack text wrap! This should be interesting.

to the new folks - I sincerely hope your stay here is very short. A fair warning, though, this one moves fas!

cd28 here - temp is back down again, apparently we're going to do the up and down thing for awhile. : I'm finding myself hoping that this one was annovulatory and not going to be another one of those 45+ day cycles. Simply for the fact that I REALLY do not want to be swinging from 35ish to 45ish and always trying to guess which one it will be. Which I know is nothing compared to what willowsmom goes through. Grr...I'm irked for you too, willowsmom!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:09 PM

I can't wait for O day!!! Yay!!!

[QUOTE=pamered_mom;6706981]Ack! Mothering's page size is all messed up for me this am so all the posts lack text wrap! This should be interesting.

Sooo annoying the page thing!!!! It is irritating. I hope this gets fixed. I just spent 10 minutes trying to adjust internet settings, with no results. Glad it is not just me! It is not happening on Netscape browser though.

Oh, everyone.... I hope we all get pg this cycle.

Stacymom, I am also trying for #3. My DH felt the same way, he really was in no hurry and if it never happened, it would have been fine with him. I hope it happens soon for you so you don't have to go the medical route.

MIC, I am glad you are optimistic about your temp. I get really frustrated when I see it doing the same thing as last. Isn't that another amazing feature, though, of the woman? Isn't that so weird that our temps do that? Learning all the time. I have seen them do that and then stay up so you still have a chance!

It must have been the full moon, although, I was feeling very good yesterday. But I am sorry you all felt so down yesterday.

Anonymousk - I would wait to test too. Testing too early is just too frustrating for me.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:49 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! I think I can wait until Saturday for sure, but I think I will want to POAS then so that I can either enjoy the cast party or not that night. Of course, there's a lot that could happen before then so I'll just have to see what happens. As I keep telling myself, I've been on this ride before, and still no baby. (see: FF Charts Aug 04 and Sept 24) So we'll just have to see.

Is it so wrong to be completely envious of Frog's chart?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:50 PM

Welcome Stacymom and LaLibertad

MIC I'm right there with ya! All the signs point to AF is coming yet I am still holding on and hoping that maybe... I say you hold out to test again until you're late.

anonymousk Your chart does look great! It looks like you have a shorter cycle, like me, so you only have a few days until you should know :

pamPered_mom hoping your cycle is short!

Not much new here. Working all day without acess to the computer helped me not obsess so much. I work at the Gap on the kids/baby side so I get to see babies all day. I spend half the day tearing up at all the kids. Yesterday this woman came in who had 3 children, the third child was adopted because they were told they wouldn't be able to have more children and yup, she was pregnant with her fourth! I have heard other people say the same thing. Once they accepted that they didn't have any control over the outcome, they got pregnant. Now the question is how do I do that?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:29 PM

This page being all off is giving me a headache.... and it's only this page so I am going to try and bump us to the next page

Old 12-07-2006, 03:29 PM

I hope this page is better ! :

ETA: ahh, like sinking into a nice warm tub. Much better

FPOP !
Old 12-07-2006, 03:31 PM

still on the last page for me so
Old 12-07-2006, 03:32 PM

Hey, why am I not getting a new page??
Old 12-07-2006, 03:33 PM

Ugh Well I changed back my setting to show threads first to last, and now it looks normal so sorry for all the lame posts. I just don't like opening this and having to go to the last page. I like it better the other way. Oh well.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I went by my old GYN's office to get a copy for my LH for my new GYN. There was no LH result in my file and it turns out it wasn't ordered. Yet one of the receptionists/nurses gave me a number: 13-something. So she misunderstood me and gave me the number for something else or she looked in someone else's file. I'm glad I won't be going to that office anymore!

I inquired about my coverage with my insurance company. They do cover infertility testing and treatment but nothing assisted. As soon as the doctor thinks "hmm we might need [fill in ART procedure here]", my insurance company cuts me off. That's okay with me. I want to get some kind of answer if at all possible before trying anything assisted.

FF is saying that I Oed CD9. I'm not sure about that. But I guess right now it's just a waiting game.

Welcome to our new people: Stacymom and LaLibretad! Hopefully you won't be here too long.

punquin -

Wow my head hurts looking at the page to try to do some personals. I'll try again later.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
Old 12-07-2006, 03:47 PM

Good morning everyone. I hope you all are having a lovely day today. For some reason I keep signing up to chaperone field trips, and so today I am loading the minivan with 5 year olds and taking them to the natural history museum. This should keep my mind off ttc for a bit

Yesterday I spoke with a friend IRL, one of only two I have told about the ttc. She is pg with #3... #1 and #3 were easy, #2 they had to ttc for a bit to get. #2 was a C/S so she will be Homebirthing/VBACing, and I am glad to be beside her while she walks that road. She has the same MW I had for DD, so I know she is in the best of hands.
When I talked to her she couldn't resist asking how it was going with the ttc, and of course it kinda hurt... those questions usually do. But I could tell that she just really cared, and that it hurt her to feel like there was something we couldn't talk about. It made me realize that I should be a bit more open IRL with those I can trust about the whole thing. Yes ignorant comments will hurt but I am not doing our friendship any favors by holding this back. I put my heart in a jar where it is safe but it also gets cold in there, YKWIM ?

Just trying to sort it all out.

Theresa, I am sorry about the BFN but I still have hope for you yet.

Anonk I hope this is it for you. I myself do not believe in beautiful charts anymore (which yours certainly is !) but I still believe in them for other people. :

Lily and Ity you are both going to have an awesome ovulation ! Just feel all those lovely eggs growing strong in there.

Welcome to the new folks ! I hope your stays are short and sweet. May the newbie luck be upon you.

Hugs and : good luck to all those I missed... I am thinking of you all !
Old 12-07-2006, 04:49 PM

Ok, so I went and got some FRER. If my temp drops tomorrow I'm not going to use them, but if it stays up I'll POAS using one of them. I don't think I'm going to need to though.

Ocean~
I know how you feel. I haven't told anyone but my best friend. She's not always available, so I have no one to talk to, and so I just keep my heart all locked up so no one asks about our journey. I don't want people to ask. My best friend doesn't ask. She waits for me to talk about it, knowing that if I'm ready, I'll talk. That's why I love you all so much...

allisonrose~
I would have asked her about what the results were that she gave you. And then I'd make a complaint against her to the hospital. That's aweful... What if you were really worried sick about that? And she didn't give you accurate information.

susykat~
I am very impatient. I don't think I could wait till I was late. It's hard since i started temping I know what day af is coming. I never had that luxury before. With my cycles being so long, I just wore pantyliners all the time because I never knew when she was coming. But this temping thing is awesome and I know exactly when. So I know how many days pg I'd be, and I want to know if I am before I get my period... Does that make sense? I hope it does...

I've gotta go eat something. I'm hungry.
Talk to you all later!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
mommyic - It wasn't the doctor that gave me that result. Unfortunately I didn't get the name of the lady who did. At that office, they're big on not identifying themselves.

I was actually a bit concerned about the result - the ratio of my LH:FSH with the false result was indicative of PCOS.

I just honestly thought that LH was a common CD3 test for infertility and my doc ordered it along with everything else.

I'm going to discuss it with my new doc next week. However, if he wants me to get my LH drawn on CD3, I won't be in town because of the holidays. :

My : for you mommyic!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
Old 12-07-2006, 05:48 PM

Hi girls, I'm back from the doc. Everything is fine and I'm on CD9....so the doctor said I'm free to TTC now and it's possible that I will get pregnant again this month. Crazy huh! : If not then my next period will be extremely heavy (to release all the crap that didn't come out this time) and i can start the clomid on CD 3 of next cycle with Doctor's orders....LOL. I told him I was going to do it either way and it would be easier if he just followed me. So there you have it.

Theresa & Christy I think it would be great if Christy came here and we all met up. DH said, how do you know she's not going to abduct you or something...hehe...I told him don't worry they'd give me back haha ah, and I'll call you in a bit.

I hope that everyone that was feeling : yesterday is feeling better today?

Welcome to the new ladies here, and I hope that you guys don't stay long! There are lots of women here with secondary infertility, and lots that are trying for their first, but all of us are trying, and talking with each other every step of the way. WELCOME!!!

Lot's of charts still looking good here girls....

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 12-07-2006, 07:13 PM

Dashing out the door to dress rehearsal, but had to stop by and say that in the mail today there was a card from my OB's office inviting me to a holiday party.... which is also the retirement party for the nurse who was so mean and nasty to me in October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such great news, and almost no one IRL would understand. I strangely feel much more optimistic about getting pg now, knowing that I don't have to worry about her being mean to me when I'm scared and emotional. Also glad that I don't have to choose between her and my doc (or my doc having to choose between her and me). Aha! Good news does eventually get here!

TTFN !
Old 12-07-2006, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

MIC and Anonk, your charts look great! Keeping my fingers crossed! How fun would it be to get two lines on a stick for Christmas?

LilyFlower, how far apart are your kids? There are some days I just want to shake dh and say "Don't you understand how this is ripping me apart every month?" But he doesn't. That's just it. He is perfectly content with the way things are right now. Not that he wouldn't welcome a new baby, but I don't think he would agree to push things in any way to ttc sooner. Meanwhile, I'm frustrated because there's going to be such a huge age gap between #2 and #3- I'm afraid its going to feel like a whole different family!

Today we were in the car errand running and my oldest dd said to my youngest, "My baby brother's name is Eric." It took my breath away and brought tears to me eyes.

AnonK Glad the nasty nurse is leaving. I have had so many bad experiences with ob/gyns- I'm glad that at least that is looking up for you.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:39 PM

Stacymom Your children are going to be happy with a new one no matter how old I think. Mine are far apart, I don't even want to say because you think yours are I have a 15 and soon 8 year old. My first was with a different dad who did not work out and I was pretty young (21). So my second was the first with my current DH and they got along great because my oldest was old enough to understand and treat him with love. It gave my oldest enough time to grow a loving relationship with his stepdad. Now it would be the same situation again with my 8 year old (I was trying earlier, just didn't happen). I am sad about the fact that my 15 year old would be so old, and possibly going off to college when a new baby would be still so young, but I feel our family is so neat and loving, I really think it work out no matter how it happens. I know both my boys know I love babies and would love another. They don't really think about if I am actually going to or not, and that won't come up unless it finally happens - hopefully this month. I actually wanted to have two far apart and then two close together. That was my initial plan in life as a mother anyway. Maybe two will still happen. Who knows, only dear mother nature.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 AM

I need us to not be at the bottom of the page.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 AM

I apparently have the fever to beat all fevers. It's 4 degrees here, windchill of negative something. I have been walking around, sitting in the car waiting for it to warm up, driving half an hour home... all without hat or gloves, wearing my lightweight coat and really, I could probably do with my coat unbuttoned too. Seriously, when I saw the temp on the sign, I thought, that CAN'T be right... but apparently I'm the one who's wrong!

As calm as I really am (impending show disaster is doing a good job of keeping my occupied) it did occur to me that not only would I be able to smugly say, "Oh, I got exactly what I wanted for Christmas" but I could also send valentines with u/s photos to the fam that say, 'someone new to love...'

Okay, that sounded really cute and cool in my head but now I am feeling like an uber dork. Shower and bed!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

anon : your chart is looking good, I hope you do get that BFP for christmas!

Theresa : that your temp doesn't drop like you predicted

Tenk thinking about you, I hope you're feeling ok.

ChristyM26 I'm watching your chart and hoping that your temp stays up.

Oceanmommy I know what you mean about not telling people IRL about TTC, we didn't tell anyone we were trying at all but we did spill the beans when I got pregnant. Now I feel like everyone can barely keep themselves from asking if we're trying again yet and I'm dreading the inevitable thoughtless question "are you pregnant again yet?".

Crystal glad to see you linked a chart, now I have another one to stalk,! Are you going to start temping? I hope your spotting lets up soon.

Ity and lily any updates? How are you both feeling?

I'm officially joining the I Hate My Body club, do I get a T-Shirt or something with my membership?

Old 12-08-2006, 09:53 AM

Sarah - I don't know about T shirts. If so I never got mine

Theresa - Hope your temps do what you want (instead of what you expect!) I'll check in later...

My temp was the same this morning but instead of looking at my chart and going hey that could be a good sign ff goes oh, wait I gotta move your crosshairs (from cd 15 to cd 20) so now I'm back at 3 dpo and I think ff is a liar. When I look at my chart I see cd 15 as the most likely day. Does anybody else think that or am I just making things up in my head?

Will be back at some point later!

Old 12-08-2006, 10:24 AM

I'm so nerveous. My temp went... UP!!! I was going to use the FRER, but now I'm terrified! I totally did not exdpect this. OMG OMG OMG!!! I want to POAS, but I'm affraid it's going to be negative, and that my temp rise is just a fluke. I'm holding my FMU... What do you guys think I should do?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:28 AM

PEE ON IT!!! I told you I was optimistic, POAS

Christy I would think that 15 could be O and maybe 20 could be an implant dip or something like that? What cha think?

Anonk I don't think your an uber dork, just a silly dork....NO I'm totally kidding, I think that was super cute! I kinda of had the same idea, but we were thinking that we'd get an U/S pic of two beans and frame one for each of our parents for under the tree since they'll all be here with us. BUT, I let myself down now didn't I. See i think yours looks fabuloso tho!!!

Sarah I'm sorry that things are so tough right now, your in my prayers as well!!! OH, and I wasn't told there was a T-Shirt, I hope it's free....

Old 12-08-2006, 10:35 AM

WTF!!! It's freakin negative. I am oficially over it. I totally can't believe the one time I have different temps then usual and I expected it to be for the one reason I was hoping for. Now, I'm just never going to trust my temps again!!! I hate TTC!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:39 AM

Theresa I'm so sorry, I was just sure that's not the answer you were going to get, I wish I could hug you right now.....I'm so so sorry!!!

Your the only reason I'm even on this early....I would have some chocolate for breakfast for sure!

Ok, what if 11dpo was implant dip? The it would still be too early for a + just yet, so I'm sure AF is not going to come for you like you think and then on Monday or Tuesday you can get your BFP????

User Tag List