TTC 6+ months December Support Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's funny coz my last post sounded upset. It was supposed to sound more irritated. I must say that when I was pg with DD I took a test when I was 10 weeks pg (used the EPT brand) and it was so faintly positive that I could barely tell. I had to take it outside in natural light to see it. But 3 days later when I used a CBE test, they were so dark that I had no question about it. I didn't have blood work till I was 12 weeks, so I don't know how long it would have taken me to get a BFP then. But if I got a very faint one at 10 weeks, maybe you're right.
I will know for sure if my temp drops tomorrow and I start my period. The only problem is we'll be leaving reallyl early so none of you will know before Sunday!!! Maybe I'll have a chance to sneak in an let you know. But I'm pretty sure we're out of the running!!!

Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts.
#302 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 09:50 AM

Ok, if you can try to sneak in and post that would be awesome, I really hope you have fun and WITHOUT AF to boot....where's DD going to be? OH, and if it was like that with her then I wouldn't count you out just yet?

BTW....wahoooo bottom post on the page.....wait is that a good thing?

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#303 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 10:00 AM

We are fighting for top and bottom page posts. Wooo hooo to me for the TOTPP!!!

I guess I'm really hoping that I don't start tomorrow and that it's just too early for me. It's odd that my temp isn't following in pattern. I wonder why.

Question for all of our temp-ers... Does your pattern stay pretty much the same for each cycle? I'm going to post a new thread to ask everyone!
#304 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_in_chaos View Post
Question for all of our temp-ers... Does your pattern stay pretty much the same for each cycle? I'm going to post a new thread to ask everyone!
Pattern overall yes, temps day by day no.

I'm honestly not a big supporter of early testing, I know everyone has their own feelings about this, I did test early the first couple of months we were trying and it was such a heartbreak and WAY more of a rollercoaster than it was when I just decided to watch the pattern. The last few months of trying I could see the shift and know I wasn't, the month that we did conceive I could totally see the difference but I still waited until I was good and late before I tested.
#305 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 10:23 AM

I understand that there are a lot of people who don't like to test early, but I'm curious how soon I can get a BFP. I missed out on the first 3 months of pregnancy with DD and I want to enjoy as much of it as possible when it happens again. I didn't even know I was pg with her till 10 weeks, and I didn't believe it till they did the bloodwork at 12 weeks. I really just want to know as quickly as possible so I can start enjoying, and journaling about it! So I don't really mind getting a BFN. Yes it's disappointing, but I can handle it.
Does that make sense?
#306 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

I totally understand, I just couldn't handle getting the BFN myself. And then I'd spend the rest of the 2 weeks thinking well maybe it was too early and I should test again or maybe I implanted on that day instead etc etc. Completely drove myself : with it all so for me I'm better off to wait. I'm also so paranoid about getting an early + and having it not work out, if that happend I'd rather just think it was af, does that make sense?

Anyway from my charts I know if there's any ups and downs (especially the downs) after O then it's a -, if it's a constant steady hold at higher temps it's probably a + but I'll still wait till I'm late to test.
#307 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 12:02 PM

Sorry MIC for the neg But I was told don't count yourself out until AF shows...

ChristyM26 WTF?? It seems from your charts that you O later like more around day 20 but if you take out that one low temp then I bet FF would put you back at the 15th If you had EWCM around then, you should probably trust your body over a computer program. Unfortunately only time will tell hang in there!

BTW I am the president of the I hate my body club and well, I tried to find a T-shirt but none of them looked any good when I tried them on so I decided against the T-shirt but I am still open to other ideas

My temp dropped and I am still spotting so I am just waiting for AF on Sunday or Monday
#308 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 12:29 PM

susy - I can't trust the old charts because this is my first cycle on met which may (should) cause me to o earlier (or o at all).

Teneal - that was my first thought but I don't know. The watery cm was a guess on my part because I wasn't sure what to call it at that point.

Overall I'm mad because apparently something's wrong with my thermometer. It seems to be about a half a degree low compared to the other thermometer. So I'm not sure which thermometer is correct but I decided to go with the old one the past couple of days since that's the one I'd been using before. I might pull the real low temp and see what happens.

MIC - just cause.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#309 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 12:34 PM

I love my body and my body loves me!!!!!

Just trying to stay positive..........

MIC - Oh I am so sorry about the BFN. Sometimes you really think it is going to be and then it is just so disapointing. I hope it is just a matter of it being too early. Have a good weekend.

I woke up this morning at 3:30 with some serious cramps, feels like I am going to star AF! I don't know if I just ate the wrong foods or if I am getting ready for a major O but I have cramps this morning pretty bad. I have to get my kids off to school....
#310 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 12:41 PM

Huge temp drop. Major sore throat. I am sure I am out.

How did I not see this coming? I freakin' hate this process.
#311 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 12:48 PM

Lilyflower - Maybe it is the norovirus (stomach bug)? I got awful cramps before the puking (and more...) started when I had it a couple weeks ago.

Anon - Maybe it is strep? We have it going around like crazy.

Who would have thought that I'd be wishing for illness for you two, just in the hopes that it isn't AF. Sorry if this sounds perverse, but it was my immediate reaction to both of your posts!

MIC - Sorry for the BFN. I've still got fingers crossed for you this cycle.

And to everyone - I have realized I am just too stressed and crazy this month to try to keep up, but I do check in and read through everything at least once a day. So I guess I have to admit I'm back to basically lurker status and hope that you all won't be annoyed when I pop in and then am silent for a week!

Yesterday I hosted a baby shower for one of the people on my team. Even though I think that was the reason behind my LOUSY mood for most of this week, the shower itself turned out to be really fun. I didn't even think of my ttc efforts once (OK, maybe once, but very briefly ) during the party and it was so nice to be a part of getting this young family ready for their 1st, especially because they are from China and don't have relatives near by. And maybe I picked up some babydust???
#312 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 12:54 PM

[QUOTE=ELKMama;6714835]Lilyflower - Maybe it is the norovirus (stomach bug)? I got awful cramps before the puking (and more...) started when I had it a couple weeks ago.

GOD I hope not! That would surely ruin our BDing this month. It is about ovulation time, I usually have cramps, but not nearly this bad.
#313 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
GOD I hope not! That would surely ruin our BDing this month. It is about ovulation time, I usually have cramps, but not nearly this bad.
Then I hope not too! Sorry I was confused about where you were in your cycle. Maybe it is just normal O cramps, ramped up extra high for the holiday season.

And if it is the norovirus, it is nasty, nasty, nasty but the good news is that it only last 24-36 hours...
#314 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 12:59 PM

ItyBty, are you having any cramping? Tenk or Hopesmom, did you have more cramping around O than normal?

Elkmama, I was wondering if maybe it is the Clomid.
#315 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 01:03 PM

: cd29 and took my temp this am. Something happened with my thermometer and it didn't read it right! All I got was 97.? (with the ? being a blank spot). How is this possible?!?
#316 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 01:04 PM

Oooh - good theory, lily. And then maybe that means there are healthy eggs getting ready to be released and BD tonight or tomorrow will DO THE TRICK. :
#317 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 01:05 PM

Pampered - Maybe if you replace the battery soon it will save that last reading?
My thermometer saves the last temp for the next time I turn it on.
#318 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 01:07 PM

Elkmama - and of course, my husband is leaving for the weekend, seems to always happen, so we have to get one in before he leaves and the moment he gets back on Sunday.
#319 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 01:22 PM

Lily My O cramps were much stronger on clomid than they were NOT on it. I mean I could even feel my cervix open and then close or at least that's what it felt like. I hope that helps, I'm sure it's just O!

#320 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I figured out what number the nurse/receptionist gave me: my progesterone. I'm sure that over the phone "LH" sounds surprisingly like "progesterone".

My temp's still high.

pampered mom - darn thermometer. I've been considering switching to a "mercury" one for that reason but I understand you have to have those in your mouth for 5 minutes to get the reading accurate. That would mean setting my alarm clock for 5 minutes earlier - I'm so not a morning person.

mommyic I'm hoping that it's just a bit early for a BFP. Considering you got a faint BFP at 10 weeks, maybe you're just one that HPT don't work with. I know I'll be keeping an eye on your chart.

anon It definitely does suck.

lily hoping your cramps are a good sign : Bummer about your hubby leaving. Last month my hubby was gone during O. He was debating about whether leaving a..ahem...sample in the fridge would work. We didn't end up doing anything like that. Strange what you'll consider when you're TTC though huh?

Tenk : for you. I've heard that it's sometimes a bit easier to get pregnant after a miscarriage because your body's ready to be pg.

E You're welcome to lurk. We all get busy sometimes.

and : for everyone I missed!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#321 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Elkmama - and of course, my husband is leaving for the weekend, seems to always happen, so we have to get one in before he leaves and the moment he gets back on Sunday.
Drat! But hopefully the beginning-and-end of the weekend plan will work.

Tenk - Thanks for sharing your experience with O on Clomid. I am listening and learning, since I think I might start it in January.

A-Rose - At least you know what the number is now! But it is enough to make you scream. Don't they know we are waiting with bated breath for every single test result, so they need to tell us and tell us the RIGHT info!
#322 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 03:04 PM

I've learned that we can share everything on this site....ha. I plan on starting it again as soon as I get my period OR if I can time some BD'ing right this cycle and catch that egg on our own....LOL Like that would ever happen.

#323 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 03:07 PM

Yippee! I think this is my first ever TOP POST.

Kind of funny that I declared myself a lurker this morning and then proceeded to write 5+ posts, huh? Now I really do have to get to work...
#324 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 03:16 PM

lily - I have no cramping yet, but I'm a late-o-er, cd17-23 for me. Today is only CD13 for me, so we're right at the beginning of the monthly BD-marathon. I'm hoping for some obvious cramping though, and I bought Opk strips, so this month I will absolutely know when O happens.

mommyinchaos - your chart still looks awesome to me.
#325 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 04:00 PM

Ok, I'm skippin personsonals right now, but I'll catch up later.

I saw John Littlefield and TY Pennington today IN REAL LIFE!!! For those of you who don't know who they are, they're part of the design team for the show Extreme Makeover Home Edition show!!!

I couldn't believe it!!! So anyway... I've gotta get ready to go, but I'll catch up later. I just wanted to tell someone that I was startstruck!!!
#326 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
lily - I have no cramping yet, but I'm a late-o-er, cd17-23 for me. Today is only CD13 for me, so we're right at the beginning of the monthly BD-marathon. I'm hoping for some obvious cramping though, and I bought Opk strips, so this month I will absolutely know when O happens.
I am usually a late Oer too. I am kind of worried, as I am a hypochondriac, hoping I am just going to have a luxury of an early O, hopefully it will wait until after the weekend though.
#327 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 PM

Theresa that's so cool, I saw that they were going to be here doing a home makeover for someone local. They did one either in OH or in CO when we were there too. Nice, even to see them from afar....that must mean that you have been doing more Christmas shopping too! Good for you. I'm glad your day has been pretty good too!!!

Lily & Ity I would have to say that using OPK's while on clomid is probably the best thing to do just so you can make absolutely sure that you catch that eggie!!! YAY, i can't wait for the great news at the end of your cycle....Oh, if you need more OPK's their super cheap on ebay, and those are the ones that told me when the egg was ready last month.

#328 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 04:27 PM

ity.. were cycle buddies! this cycle anyway

theresa.. I'm so sorry for the bfn.. but.. maybe its just too early yet... you never know (till the flow.. lol.. I made that up all by myself!) and hey... pretty cool to hear you saw ty! omg.. soooo hot!!! btw I missed out on the first 4 1/2 months of pg with ds... dont feel too bad.

pampered.. sorry your thermometer is such a brat... lol.. just fudge it for today.. and maybe tomorrow! replacing your battery is a good idea

sarah... I do plan to start temping.. but I gotta wait for the $.. I'm getting a bbt and a divacup all in the same round yay for me! spotting is done... but right before it stopped I got HUGE HUGE cramping on my left side.. like I was O'ing... I'm not sure wth it was (I've not been able to feel ovulation for more than a year, so it came as a major surprise to me!)

allison... thats funny about the *stuff* in the fridge!! (I really am lol)

lily... cheers to a great quickie before dh leaves!

elkmama... its nice to forget, even if for a little while that youre ttc... its good to hear you had a good time!

christy... you and pampered have thermometers that are out to make your day bad.. I say smash'em.. hehehehe.. jk!

katherine.. why are you spotting so early before af?

and a big HI to everyone else... but I gotta go!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#329 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 04:53 PM

Just a quick note... I changed my O date on my chart and now it looks like a regular chart. Check it out...
#330 of 1084 Old 12-08-2006, 05:03 PM

Hey, Lily and Ity and Angel we're all about in the same place in our cycles. I'm on cd 13 today, and will probably o somehwere around cd16. Let the games begin!

MIC sorry about the temp drop. And Anon, here's to hoping! I'll be watching your chart tomorrow.

As for me, I had a good laugh this morning at Target, buying yet more supplies for this cycle. I am now the proud owner of very large bottles of EPO, Flax Seed oil, Mucinex, and a box of OPks! I feel a little bit like a walking pharmacy. On the birght side though, I don't think I've ever had this much ewcm at ovulation, and I think I'm probably at least 2 days away from o! And that's without the mucinex- I just took the first one of those this morning. It will be a busy weekend for us!

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page