TTC 6+ months December Support Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2006, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ELKMama - Thanks for the words of support. I know it could be implantation... but the temps are driving me nuts and the up and down, especially after this big drop, will just serve to drive me crazy. So while I haven't given up hope, I'm going to wait it out. After all, I o'd (a huge improvement) and any and all decisions have been made (all I have to do is wait for the results!)

Sarah - don't you hate it when the tarot cards refuse to give you an answer, especially when all you want is a hint!

susy - Good jobs are hard to come by. Sometimes even the best jobs have awful moments though (especially if you're surrounded by babies).

allison - Hopefully you made the right decision (trust your instinct!). I go back to my doctor on the 28th, so I may get a rx for clomid too (of course at that point I'll have to wait for the cycle to end before I could take it).

to everybody else this morning. Hopefully good news is around the corner.

Dang, another TOTPP!

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 11:45 AM

so when is it supposed to "jump"... I hate this waiting crap:

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 12-13-2006, 12:49 PM

Good morning ladies, CD 15 nothing to report. I don't think I'm going to O today but I did finally get to BD with DH for the first time since the M/C started 2 weeks ago. YAY! for us!

Crystal I think it only jumps AFTER you O for the cycle. I don't temp but that's what everyone elses seems to do.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 PM

: Onto another month of trying.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucactus View Post
: Onto another month of trying.
OH, Blu, I'm so sorry that you got a BFN, I know that's tough. Did AF come or did you just test? Hugs for you today!

Old 12-13-2006, 02:07 PM

teneal.. thats what I meant... I wanna actually know that I've ovulated... I havent been able to feel it in a long time... that and I'm already cd 18.. I figured I would have by now...

bethany.. I'm sorry youre not pg... were all in the same boat

everyone else... have a good day

Old 12-13-2006, 02:07 PM

Crystal - you'll see a temp jump the day after you o. 3 sustained high temperatures is the only definite sign that you've o'd (according to TCOYF). I know waaaay to much about charting now. *sigh*

Heh... we posted at th same time. Have you had regular cycles? You can usually guess about 14 days before af shows to estimate ovulation if you're unsure. That's just an estimate though, cause not everyone has a 14 day lp.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:16 PM

Crystal - I often o between cd16 and cd18, with an occasional o at cd19 or 20. And I'm not one of the ones with 45 or 80 day cycles! The whole cycle ends up being 30-33 days. Hope this helps... Also, some people do a stair-step increase instead of a single big jump. Hope you get some clear signs soon!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:23 PM

before my extra long period I had fairly normal cycles.. I wasnt charting afs back then so I cant say for sure how long they were... but I generally knew when they were coming... before we took a break from ttc in summer of 05 I could feel O.. and it makes me mad that I just cant feel it anymore...

I think I need to get that book

christy... its good that you know so much.. then you can help people like me

and elk.. thanks.. because I didnt know that others "stairstep"... thats interesting!

Old 12-13-2006, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Crystal my normal cycles were generally around 35 days with O around CD 17 to 21.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:30 PM

Sorry I've been so bad about personals, but I only have time to jump in with a quick question for today -

TMI alert!

Okay, so my period started with spotting very late at night on Saturday. A regular, very average day of bleeding on Sunday (no clots but some tissue like stuff?) and then a pretty heavy day on Monday (lots of clots, none of the other stuff). And then yesterday.... almost nothing. I was wearing a tampon because of my crazy work day (normally I do the lunapads) and I had actually completely forgotten all about it, so when I finally got around to taking it out it was still mostly white - maybe a little more than spotting? Today, it seems to be about the same, nothing on the pad, only when I use the restroom. Normally I bleed for about four solid days, with some spotting after that. So this is like, half a period? I know that acupuncture is supposed to be toning my uterus, but could I really be more efficient?

Any thoughts or advice would be welcome - I'm mostly concerned about stuff not clearing out and affecting o dates this cycle.... ugh.

s to everyone!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:47 PM

I used to have lots of clots and heavy periods... bd helped.. but also going back and forth between heating pad and massage helped loosen "stuff"

Old 12-13-2006, 05:31 PM

Ok...color me : here. cd35 - spotting on Monday and on Tuesday, no thermal shift and my temps are still pretty low. It would stand to reason according to my usual pattern that today would be cd1 with af making her grand entrance.

However, the spotting yesterday was definitely lighter than on Monday and today? Nothing...nada...zip...zero...zilch. So...now what? Longer cycle? Af playing tricks on me? :
Old 12-13-2006, 05:35 PM

Pam mom: Without knowing what your cycles usually look like (except I saw they tend to be long)... I would be tempted to test. I know ff doesn't give you any cross hairs and the shift isn't there or isn't clear. But this may be my desperation for SOMEONE in our group to get a BFP this month -- and not really rational!

Sorry things are confusing!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:55 PM

OK - I'm confused. Last night my OPK was fairly dark, but not as dark as the control line. The directions that came with the OPK kit say that if there is a line, but its lighter than the control line, you aren't ovulating, but if its as dark as, or darker than you are. today the line is pale again, so did I O late night? My thermometer crapped out on me today, I dunno if it needs a new battery or if I need a new thermometer, so I don't have a temp for today.

Now for the TMI warning!

So I decided to check my cervical position, which I've been doing ever other day or so, and this week daily. Yesterday I felt normal, a hollow area, with a "bump" at the top (my cervix) and it was firm. Today there was no hollow, everything was soft and squishy and and felt well... have you ever stuck your finger into a bowl of jello? : No defined cervix, so I dunno if it was open or not. I'd say high, and absolutely soft, and when I pulled my finger out, a little blob of white stuff on the tip. (Not stretchy, so I put creamy) Did I ovulate last night? or today?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:51 PM

Ity - did you test again today? Maybe if it was sort of positive it means you are going to ovulate today.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:56 PM

I did test this morning, and it was pale again. Much lighter than the control line. I'll do it again in a couple of hours. DH is working late tonightm, and I told him that I didn't care if he got home at 2am, to wake me so we could GIO, cause I was NOT going to miss this. I'm crampy, twingey... feels almost AF-ish, and I'm darn near positive I'm ovulating today.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:58 PM

ElkMama I doubt that I am pg. However, all my hemming and hawing about going in to have things checked out has definitely been ended very quickly. I just found out that our h/i will be switching from a PPO type plan where the h/i paid the majority and we pay a small copay to a HDP w/a >$5000k family deductible. Soooo....I'm going to be calling to make myself an appt TODAY b/c I have until the end of January to get it done! Eeek!

ETA: I did it - I made an appointment. We're skipping all the middlemen/women and instead of making an appointment with a regular OB/GYN we're going straight to an RE at the Fertility Center of our clinic. It's jus the first appointment and we'll be filling out paperwork/questionnaires and everything, but let's hope it ends up being worth it! : Well...that and all the tests/charges can be done before the end of January!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:00 PM

Pamperedmom, that is great!!!

ItyBty- Alright!!!!!! GIO! Don't miss your opportunity like I feel I did. It sure puts less excitement on the whole thing! I have a great feeling about your month!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:06 PM

Ity, it sounds like you either just o'd or are about to. My cervix only feels like that (and you described it perfectly btw!) is right around o time. As far as the opks go, I'm not sure they are a perfect science. I didn't get a + one this month, but I know I ovulated already. I think I actually started testing too late to catch the lh surge. Some people have to use opks twice a day to make sure to catch it. I guess I would say that you have to wait to see what your temps do. Sorry!

Lily, your chart is looking good. How are you feeling?

Anonk, my af has been weird the past few months too. Before I had kids, I would have heavy bleeding for 2-3 days at least, and my period would last at least seven days. I went a long time without af due to nursing, two pregnancies and and IUD, and now I have one day of heavy bleeding, and only have to use some kind of protection for around 3 days or so. I do spot for 3-4 days after though. Not sure what else to say other than I'm right there with ya!

pamered mom, sorry things are confusing. I think not knowing what's going on is worse than anything else. There have been a few cycles where I've wnated to yell, "If I'm not pregnant, could I just have my period please!" Hope things even out soon.

Christy, hows it goin? Anxiously awaiting any news...

SarahJen, Tara, Bluecactus, . Hope you all are feeling better.

As for me, I still have this miserable cold! : Ugh. But I've had two naps today so far, so maybe my immune system can finally start kicking in. In the meantime, my chart is finally starting to look like a normal post-o chart. Hooray! So despit the confusion, I know I did ovulate. Exactly when will probably remain a mystery (Friday or Saturday being my best guess) but hopefully we covered our bases, so to speak.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 PM

YAY!!! Ity I think that means your O'ing and kinda missed the darkest line since you only tested one time yesterday??? Ya think? WOW, don't you feel like you've accomplished something.....WAHOOO.....I'm sure that Lily does too (b/c I secretly know she didn't miss her O) hehe

Old 12-13-2006, 07:40 PM

Ity - it's entirely possible that you just missed the peak of the LH surge. Could you have a really short surge maybe? Especially with the drugs and all? I'll cross my fingers anyway for you.

pampered_mom - yikes! five grand per family? Who sees doctors that much? We just got a PPO after having something similar and I am in love with my PPO. A copay and I can see any doctor I want. It's heaven.

Anon - Sorry I can't help much with the af issues. It sounds like maybe just a short period though. I guess it could be the acupuncture... I've never had acupuncture though, so I'm not much help there.

Stacymom - I'm glad your chart is looking better. I'm sure your cold wasn't helping anything. I know when I get sick it messes with my temps.

So, this morning, no temperatures. I thought about it when I got up (for a brief moment) and decided nope, I really don't want to know what my temp is. I was HOT, but that's all I knew (of course I was hot the day I got 98 for a temp too, so what does that tell me?). No af (that's good) no other symptoms of anything, although I've been feeling tired this whole week. I think I feel asleep at 8:30 last night (I was praying to every God and Goddess I could think of to please, please, please give me an answer, preferably one that includes a baby). So 8:30 to 5:30... another 10 hours, I guess?

Sorry if I missed anybody. to all!

Old 12-13-2006, 07:47 PM

And to think I thought I felt the little elves at work in my ovaries LAST month! They are really going to town THIS month!

Oh, by the way ItyBty, I also had the almost positive OPK surge on Friday, the same day I O'd. I don't know if I O'd in the middle of the night or late that day or what. It was totally negative the day before I O'd. There, I just changed my chart to say positive OPK for the heck of it.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:57 PM

Oh, can I say I'm about to pay for FF? Wha cha think.....

Can I add TOPP......WAHOOOO

Old 12-13-2006, 08:00 PM

It seems like you would mostly want to pay for FF only if you temp? Are you going to start temping?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
pampered_mom - yikes! five grand per family? Who sees doctors that much? We just got a PPO after having something similar and I am in love with my PPO. A copay and I can see any doctor I want. It's heaven.
I know....the thing is dh's employer will be adding his share of the ded (read here half of it) into an HSA which we could conceivably use to cover the family ded, but if anything catastrophic would happen we'd have to come up with a little over $2500 to pay for it. We could also potentially add money to the HSA on our own, but we don't have any eek room in our budget. Dh is already working two jobs as it is.

They wanted to assure everyone that preventative care (yearly appts, well-baby, well-child appointments) were all covered at 100% and no deductible, but we don't do those kinds of appointments so that is of little concern to us. Well....except if we ever get pg, then at least there is prenatal coverage.

BUT...that doesn't include infertility testing/treatment so I'm up against a time crunch to get everything in and done with before the last day in January. I wish they would have let us know this before now. I never would have waited this long to go in had I known things would start to change.

Color me green with envy about your h/i. IMO a HDP should NOT be considered in the same category as h/i. What bothers me is that his employer is talking about all the savings they will realize. Savings to them, yes. Savings to us? Nope! : Some days I wonder why we moved up here for this job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Oh, can I say I'm about to pay for FF? Wha cha tink.....
Hmmm...Part of me says go for it! It's not that expensive and it makes it easier for all of us to stalk your charts more comprehensively! But...would I pay for it? Probably not. But that's cuz I'm super cheap!

ETA: I almost forgot. This first appointment both dh and I need to be there and from what it sounds we're just going to be filling out paperwork. I had thought about getting someone to watch ds for us while we went, but my options are fairly limited and we would have to get back home at a certain time (which depending on whether or not they are running behind could be problematic). For those who have btdt - do you think it would work for us to bring our almost 2yr old ds with?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
It seems like you would mostly want to pay for FF only if you temp? Are you going to start temping?
Well I was thinking I would start temping, but I went to the damn store today on lunch break and forgot to get one even tho I went there for that.....so yes and sooner than later hopefully....

Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
And to think I thought I felt the little elves at work in my ovaries LAST month! They are really going to town THIS month!
I think mine are making me a diamond encrusted egg in there because whatever they're doing it HURTS. Jab jab jab for three days now, it better be a nice one after all this waiting.

Tenk I'd say go for it if you're going to start temping.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM

ugh.. is anyone feeling insanely depressed? Im sitting here weeping for what seems like no reason... it doesnt matter if I've had a bad day... or if I want a baby... I just feel... blah.

is there anyone else like me? or am I just losing my mind? eh... maybe its the weather.. but theres not even snow on the ground (here anyway).

someone please sympathize.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
ugh.. is anyone feeling insanely depressed? Im sitting here weeping for what seems like no reason... it doesnt matter if I've had a bad day... or if I want a baby... I just feel... blah.

is there anyone else like me? or am I just losing my mind? eh... maybe its the weather.. but theres not even snow on the ground (here anyway).

someone please sympathize.
Crystal big I've felt this way for most of this month for different reasons.

User Tag List