TTC 6+ months December Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1084 Old 12-01-2006, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fola ! I have been thinking about you and wondering how you and your DH are. I am so glad to hear he is doing better. You have been in my thoughts and prayers !!! I want to ask more but I don't want to pry either.

Welcome Katherine !

There is a great group here and I hope your stay is short and sweet. Everything is supportive and friendly and nothing is TMI. Gotta love that.

Tenk If it were me in your shoes I would try not to make any decisions right this minute about ttc, but would give yourself and DH a block of time (like a month), and decide then. You both could have so many feelings to process, and you don't have decide today. Or maybe deciding and then changing your mind is a process in itself. So many hugs for you today

Crystal how is AF going now ? I wanted to tell you that the last time I saw my dr he said that if you take aleve for cramps during AF you will bleed less maybe it could help ? I do know that if you are soaking a pad in hour or so that is too much blood loss and you should call your dr. Good luck I hope this AF shapes up soon !

Theresa and Greenegirl : your charts are looking good and we sure are due for some good news here :

ItyBty and Allisonrose DH and I had been TTC #1 (now our 5yo DD) for almost a year and we had to get a new car... of course the one we loved had a tiny backseat and two doors... and I was so depressed about the ttc I was like lets just get it. Of course a month later we got pg finally, and dealt with the two door babyseat thing for 4 years in that car. We finally got a minivan last year and now there's all those empty seats back there.

Lily that is so sweet what your son said about the girls guitar. Kids, especially the older ones, often seem to know about the important stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if he knows on some level about the TTC. But yeah, that's not what a 15 yo guy wants to think of... his mom trying to get pregnant.
I am glad to hear the clomid is ok so far

Christy It might be a Nabothian Cyst:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001514.htm

I remebered reading about them and just googled it. I hope that helps.

Papered Mom Hi ! Hope you get to O soon !

And Willowsmom, I hope you get AF soon. It just sounds so strange to say that around here.

Sarah I hope your trip goes well and you get to enjoy those little treats tonight. I guess you haven't O'd yet ? Were you going to wait a cycle or was it longer than that ? It has been almost a cycle's length by now, even though you are still WTO. Hmmmm....

Funnygrace How have you been ? Did you get to talk to your dr yet about the ultrasound (was it an ultrasound ? I cannot remember.)
I've been thinking of you in your cycle "off", I hope you are enjoying this time.

Elkmama Good luck with these precious post HSG cycles :

Phew ! That is a lot of personals ! Sorry if I left anyone out...

I am just in Limbo today. CD2.
#62 of 1084 Old 12-01-2006, 11:06 PM

Thanks ladies for all of your support !

I am feeling a bit wonky... I posted a new thread question about prometrium check it out, I need some help!

I can't really focus to give everyone the individual attention that they deserve. I will try to catch up tomorrow after I am back to normal :
#63 of 1084 Old 12-01-2006, 11:12 PM

ocean... af is ok... just really heavy... its like a flood everytime I stand up... anyway.. I havent taken any meds cause I know that tylenol thins your blood and I wasnt sure about the others... I'm dealing thanks for caring

and to everyone else... probably wont hear much from me til sunday.. this is the last 2 day off weekend dh will have for a long time hes got a new position that is 13 days on.. with one day.. a saturday off... so I'm gonna spend some quality time with him while we still got it

take care and have a good weekend ladies!!!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#64 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
Ok... TMI
(You've been warned!)
I have a little bump on my cervix that wasn't there before. It's right next to the opening and it feels kinda like a pimple... anybody have a clue as to what the heck that is and/or where it came from?

I believe they are called nabothian cysts as Ocean stated, and they are nothing to worry about. I had one that appeared out of nowhere one day, and I actually freaked out so much I called my OB/GYN and they got me in the next day. He said "It's nothing" And that was the end of it.

Here's a site that might help:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001514.htm
I hope you don't worry too much!

Lily~
You're attitude about the mood around here is exactly it. I am glad to see that it picked up after you said that! A

As for my sour stomache, I'm not sure what the heck happened, but I had to drink a half bottle of Pepto to get it to go away. Now my stomache is all bloated and I've got gas (sorry... it's natural!) And I can't get DH to even look at me! But oh well... He's just lucky he wasn't here to smell that nasty smell from my burps! At least I'm fluffing without stink!!! (I cannot believe I just typed that!!!)

I can't wait to see what my temp looks like tomorrow! I hope it's still way up there!

Greengirl~
I think we're pretty close to the same DPO and that we're having the same type of chart. My temps are up way higher then they have ever been as long as I've been temping! So I think we're cycle buddies (along with Tara)
#65 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm so frustrated. I having O type pains - it's only CD 6!!! But I'm kinda freaking because my O pains have not been wrong in the past and I do have some EWCM.

I was having the pains before dinner. I was exhausted and feel asleep soon after. Hubby left me sleeping on the couch in the living room to visit the "girlfriend" (the computer). I woke up a bit because the TV was loud and he came through saying he was going to bed so I got up and went to start brushing my teeth. The pain was still there. I asked hubby if we could have a quickie and he turned me down. A) I hate the rejection and B) this might our chance for the month.

And if it's not O pains, then why the heck does the area around my right ovary hurt?

So now I can't sleep. I figured I'd come here and vent to the people who understand what I'm going through. :

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#66 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 08:21 AM

allisonrose.

I POAS and got a BFN this morning. My temp is back up, and I woke up drenched in sweat. I'm a little worried that I'm getting sick. DH has been sick since last Sunday, and is just starting to get better. He's been running a fever and has been waking up drenched in sweat every day.
#67 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 10:04 AM

allisonrose~
I completely understand. Not even a month ago, DH & I had a huge fight that led to him telling me that he didn't want to make love. I actually cried! I felt very hurt and couldn't sleep either. I came downstairs to vent to you all, but he followed me down and asked what was up, so I told him and we made love later in the night. Maybe you can wake him this am and get a morning after quickie in?

greenegirl~
I know exactly what you're saying too. I've been worried all week that I'm getting sick because I've been so hot while I sleep and sweaty around my neck when I wake up.

I have a question.
It seems that my temps aren't really high compared to my other cycles. But they are higher above my coverline that they have ever been. I've adjusted my homepage so you can see it on my chart. There's a huge difference as far as points above coverline, but there's hardely any difference between temperatures this month and in previous months. KWIM? Should I just assume that my coverline is lower this month and I shouldn't worry about it?
#68 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning

greengirl sorry about your bfn but your chart still looks good (hope you're not sick), maybe it's just too early to test.

allisonrose s

ocean we were supposed to wait a full cycle to try again, that's this cycle We're honestly not doing much to 'avoid' apart from not GIO with focus if you know what I mean but we DTD for fun instead. You know what? If it happens this month it happens. We're up at this old inn right now and it's just the 2 of us (no MIL, no BrotherIL, no crazy cats) and if it happens this month then so be it. I have all the signs of O the last couple of days and we're not planning on being up here and sitting on the couch holding hands

Theresa : your chart is looking GREAT!

and to everyone I missed
#69 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Theresa our posts crossed. I see what you mean about the diff over coverline, I still think it looks different from your other charts though, the others went up slower. It also looks more consistent than the others (less ups and downs) I hate to say you'll have to watch it for a few days and see what happens :
#70 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 10:40 AM

Theresa - I agree with Sarah that you probably just have to watch what your temps do over the next few days. It looks nice though so I wouldn't worry to much.

Thanks for any advice ladies - though it never occured to me that my strange little bump should be worried about. I just didn't know what it was since it appeared a couple of days ago and hasn't disappeared.

I have an hour and a half of waiting until I attempt to get Billy Joel tickets (it's been years since I got to see him live). MY DH was joking about it last night that if I don't get the tickets I'd better pack up and move out. Personally I'd be pretty bummed anyway if I can't get them.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#71 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 11:00 AM

You ladies don't mean be patient do you??? I'm not good at that at all!!! Man! Patience. Hm. I don't want to do that!! Ok. I agree with both of you, but I was hoping someone would say something like "That's what my chart looked like when I was pg the first time" or something encouraging like that. I agree that it does look great, and I hate to get my hopes up. But I'm going to anyway. I want to be pg this time!!!

ChristyM26~
Just an FYI, mine didn't go away for a month, and then it was gone as quickly as it appeared.
#72 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Theresa, yes PATIENCE and if you find out the key to being it please let me know because I'm not at all! I'm the one checking my own chart to see if it has any updates for me

Now that said, I will tell you 2 things that I didn't want to say because I don't want to get your hopes up 'just in case'. **disclaimer** personal experiences only! The month that I was pregnant my temps went up quickly like yours did, not as drastically but it looked different than my others the way yours does, not the highest temps ever but higher faster and consistently high. The other is regarding your argument with your DH the other day, the month that I was pregnant DH and I kept having arguments similar to that, I was SO emotional and SO frustrated with everything he did and I just couldn't figure out why until the test came back positive, then it all made sense.

:
#73 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

I just realized I've been completely wrong about CP and fertile time, I thought low was fertile and today I can't even reach it so I looked it up and I was completely backwards.
#74 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 11:29 AM

Sorry about BFN Greenegirl. It's still too early IMO. :

Allisonrose, so sorry about your feeling like you may have missed it. I agree with pp about gio this AM if possible.

MIC, I'm not much of a charter so no advice, but I'm still here hanging with you in something like 6 or 7 dpo land.

Last night I had weird pinching feeling cramps for a couple of hours. Could that be implantationat 6 or 7 dpo? I hate to get my hopes up but it was so uncomfortable that I couldn't ignore it. I feel like I've had PMS for a couple of days too but my AF isn't due for over a week. Everything is super frustrating to me lately.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a great saturday regardless of all the ttc stuff.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#75 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 12:51 PM

Ok I'm still super confused. I woke up at 6 to temp: 98.0. I took it a second time: 98.3. So I peed on a FM stick: LH line was pretty dark. Monitor said "high". I'm wondering if it was a day after peak reading. With the FM I get peak the day I O. With traditional OPK, I also got the darkest reading about 48 hours before O.

So I woke my hubby to GIO. Hopefully if I did O, some swimmers will make it to the egg in time.

I know we've talked before about late Oing, but what about early Oing? If I really did O on CD 6, do I have any chance this month???

And thank you, ladies, for all your support!

ribbonpb.gif
#76 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 01:39 PM

Karen & Theresa I just wanted to add in my 2 cents and they are not worth more than that of course.....here goes, when I got pregnant, I was super hot....at night I woke up sweating or super hot, and I got a BFN at 10dpo. I didn't get the +++ BFP til 11 almost 12 dpo. So the night heat, and arguments or crying spell are a great sign and your charts look so wonderful.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#77 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 02:13 PM

I tested this morning at 6DPO so of course I got a BFN!

allisonrose I understand! I never really experienced rejection from my DH until we started TTC. I was hurt and frustrated because DH didn't understand. You know I think that when I ask he knows its about TTC but when I just do something to get him intersted he's more willing. I think that I got so focused that my DH felt a bit used. Anyway, just my experience. I would keep on BDing seeing that it is early. Good luck this month!

greengirl Your chart looks great! Sorry for the BFN. I think that it just may be to early (this coiming from someone who POAS at 6DPO!)

mommy_in_chaos Your chart looks promising and different from your other charts

Taradactyl3 I am interested in what the others say about this. I too had pain last night on my right side. Could it be implantation? I don't know? But I am right there with you at 6DPO

I went to see a new family doctor yesterday, who also does obstectrics (sp?) He was so awesome!! I have only been able to talk to my midwife on the phone and she wants to put me on clomid next cycle. This DR looked at my blood work and told me that my progesterone is to low and that there is a more *natural* way of going about it before I try clomid.There was just something about him! My DH was with me and he also really liked him. I tend to find the *weirdest* doctors possible and my DH is usually skeptical. This guy however, had the perfect blend of both. He has 12 children and supports BF and AP and will do what you want with vax. I am so excited!!

Hope you have a good Saturday! We have a college football bowl game today! Go Cornhuskers!!
#78 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 05:46 PM

Well, just for the record; my bb's started hurting last night when we got home. As soon as I took my bra off, there was that pinching feeling. I hate it. But I knew it was close to starting.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but at the same time, I'm thinking that if I do, I'll just be let down. I don't want to think about it constantly. I don't want to wonder how I'm going to tell DH. I don't want to think that this could be it. I just want to know, and I can't know for sure for another week!!! That's just too long!!! GRRR!!!

I went back and checked out your chart Sarah and your's really did look tri-phasic. Mine doesn't look like it has that second phase in it. Doesn't there have to be three distinct (and by distinct I mean 3 days of levels at a time) temperature increases? Mine only has two that look like a second phase. Although, there are three above coverline and then the shift upward.

Ack! I just don't know what to think!!! I want it so bad I can taste it, but I just can't bring myself to think that this cycle could be any different then the last 8.

Ok, I'm all done now...
#79 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM

Theresa if there's one thing I've learned about charts these past couple of months its that you just can't know till two lines show or AF. That being said your chart looks great : I hope this is it for you !

Katherine : I have tested that early too : That's what I get for ordering 25 pg test strip at a time off the internet.

That is so cool about your new dr.... did he tell you what natural things to do about your progesterone ??? I'd love to hear what he said (I use natural progesterone cream and take vitex).

Allisonrose I'm glad you got in the BD just in case. I've always heard early O to be like day 10 or 11, but I am no expert and it seems weird about the FM and OPK. Is there any chance do you think that you could be pregnant ? I know that if you are pg it will make opks +. Once I was pregnant and had my "period" at the normal time and had no idea.

I saw a friend this AM who just had his second "surprise" baby. When he told us they were expecting a few months back I asked if the baby was a surprise and he said "yeah - aren't they all ?" It was all I could do to not cry as I told him no, some of them are very hard to get.
Anyways, the babe is 2wks old and I got to hold her... At first I didn't even want to because I have been really barricading myself from all the baby stuff lately. But he gave her to me and man, I just melted. Newborns are so amazing, she gave me such a lift when I held her but my aching heart was so much worse afterwards.

I'm really not feeling down today but I will say that life feels so unfair sometimes, YKWIM ?
#80 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 07:57 PM

Oceanmommy~
I know exactly what you mean. There has been someone pregnant in my family for the last 7 years. Not a time at all that there hasn't been at least one person expecting. Now the last two of that 7 year streak are due to have their babies on the 4th and the 8th. I have seen and held each and every one of those babies, as newborns, for the last 7 years. Each time, I think... When will it be me again?
Now that the last two are pg, maybe it's my turn to get pg again so I can keep the chain going. If not, the chain will be broken. Everyone else either has just given birth, or got a tubal after their last ones.

: that I keep the chain going!!!
#81 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 09:19 PM

Oceanmommy - I know I gave you a : in the other thread, but here's another one just because. I just found out last night that a friend of mine knocked up his GF and they are getting married in Feb. I'm happy for them, but angry that they get a "whoopsie" and here I am popping pills and charting and timing BD-ing and its been 16 months and still no baby, and he gets a little horny and they get a kid. It just doesn't seem fair, KWIM?

Edit: Saw this quote in someones siggy line, and it made me smile, "You rush a miracle...you get rotten miracles." (Miracle Max - The Princess Bride)

mommy_in-_chaos - I have the opposite thing with my family. I'm the oldest cousin/grandchild and the first to get married, my youngest cousin is about 6, so no babies since he came along. Ever since we got married (4 years ago) I've been getting the wink-nudge "Your turn!" thing from everybody. No one but one cousin that I'm close with really knows we are trying, and even she doesn't know for how long - I only told her recently because she wants me to be a bridemaid for her this summer, and I just wanted to warn her I'm hoping to be hugely pregnant, albiet thrilled to be a bridesmaid.

I'm noting a wee bit of weepiness today, I'm blaming the Clomid. I was watching "Love Actually" (which I adore and have seen twice this week and many times before... I highly recommend it...) and I got teary-eyed a bunch of times, and when the cats wer playing musical food dishes tonight instead of gently nudging the piggy one to his own bowl, I just walked away because it was angering me. But I don't feel like, Crazy moody. Just kinda like, well, ya know how you feel if your a wee bit overtired, and just a teensy bit cranky. You can rein it in about 98% of the time, but the little things just irk you more than usual? Thats how I feel. Just vaguely and lightly PMS-y or over-tired. But its nothing crazy or anything... not yet.

: and for all you TWW-ers.
#82 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 09:48 PM

I should clarify my last post. I didn't use an OPK. Just mentioned that I get my surge on OPK about 48 hours before O (not sure why that happens like that). So using an OPK at this point would be useless.

But the FM stick definitely showed a bunch of LH.

susykat - Unfortunately my sex drive is higher than my hubby's. Even when we weren't TTC, I got rejected now and again. I was more annoyed that it was rejection at a (potentially) critical time.

ocean - I really don't think that's possible - my temp fell to pre-O level when AF showed up. Shoot. I have a Dollar Tree test and some internet cheapies just chilling out under my bathroom sink... But I feel so strongly that it'll be a BFN that even an internet cheapie seems like a waste.
Oh, and I've heard that women get a fertility boost from smelling infants. So maybe the baby therapy will help in the long run.
But I do understand the feeling of it's not fair. I wish I knew why we all are going through this while there are some women who pop out children and do not take good care of them.

ribbonpb.gif
#83 of 1084 Old 12-02-2006, 10:39 PM

Ok, so I'm thinking that it's time for me to leave town for a week. I want to make it through the next week without POAS, and I want to wait for POASaturday, but I just know I'm not going to make it. I'm a lot like susykat is, and I want to know, even though I know it'll be BFN I just want to do it!

Teneal and Sarah~
I hope I'm going through what you guys were. I can't even begin to tell you how much I want this. I feel like the next two months are going to kill me with the TTA for the Sept wedding.

Ok... We're going to GIO tonight. I'm going to surprise DH with a sexy nity and a lap dance!!! I'm feeling very... um... what word should I use... I don't know... can someone tell me what on earth would make me want to do this???? I even set up a chair in our bedroom for reasons I'll not mention, but use your imagination! I don't know what's come over me! I can't believe I even typed it! I could see if I were Oing or something, but man... I feel like I'm wasting something that could work better later. Guess I'm reasoning that I need to keep stuff alive and not just make him think that I only want him when his sperm are needed. KWIM
#84 of 1084 Old 12-03-2006, 12:58 AM

I don't have time to post, just a quick response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
I just found out last night that a friend of mine knocked up his GF and they are getting married in Feb. I'm happy for them, but angry that they get a "whoopsie" and here I am popping pills and charting and timing BD-ing and its been 16 months and still no baby, and he gets a little horny and they get a kid. It just doesn't seem fair, KWIM?

EXACTLY !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
Edit: Saw this quote in someones siggy line, and it made me smile, "You rush a miracle...you get rotten miracles." (Miracle Max - The Princess Bride)
Thank you for quoting that, it is a good to perspective.... and I love that book/movie.

Allisonrose I just was thinking that if your FM detects LH the same way the strip tests do they might react the same way (and also come up + if you are pg).... and it would explain your early cycle temp rise as actually a rise after a dip and some bleeding. I have cruised FF's gallery enough to know that yes, sometimes pg women have temps under the coverline, and sometimes they bleed. I hope I am not teasing your hopes with this, it's just that unusual things like that so early in the cycle are a warning bell for me that hey... maybe you are actually pregnant.

The time I was pg but didn't know it.... I started bleeding on what I thought was CD 10, heavyish like AF, definitely not spotting. I didn't know what to make of it (we were ttc but this was 7 yrs ago, I knew so much less then) and a friend said maybe you're pg. I didn't know what else to do so I tested and voila ! I was pg, but bleeding, and I lost that pregnancy a couple weeks later.

So you can see why I am always on the lookout for weird stuff the first week of a cycle.

#85 of 1084 Old 12-03-2006, 03:30 AM

Internet cheapie says: negative. So I'm not pregnant. Plus if I actually ovulated yesterday, I doubt the egg will be fit for conception. :

ribbonpb.gif
#86 of 1084 Old 12-03-2006, 05:33 AM

Sorry to get your hopes up Allison ! I'll mail you an internet cheapie to replace the test if you want, pm me your address
Well you can understand from my story about why I take this kind of thing seriously.

#87 of 1084 Old 12-03-2006, 10:16 AM

hehehe.. I wanna know how theresas night went..

good morning all.. I'll bbl... off to church!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#88 of 1084 Old 12-03-2006, 10:18 AM

My temp is still way up today! I can't believe that I had the strength to resist POAS today! I wanted to soooooooo bad! I would have needed FMU though and I made myself go directly in the potty instead of in a cup. So for the next 7 days, I have to force myself to do this... Or I could for just 3 more days, and I can POAS at 10 DPO. What do you guys think? 5 more days would be 12 DPO, and I'd probably get a more accurate reading, don't you think?
#89 of 1084 Old 12-03-2006, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Theresa : that chart is looking great!:

I'm not a fan of early testing so I can't answer your question, my answer would be PATIENCE and wait until you're actually late which I'm sure isn't what you wanted to hear
#90 of 1084 Old 12-03-2006, 11:10 AM

Sarah~
You're right... Didn't want to hear that. But... that's what I'm trying to do... I don't want to test because BFN's are very upsetting. I really don't want to have the disappointment. It seems like just getting AF is better then the thought of testing and then getting AF because then I'm gettting slapped in the face twice in one week. KWIM? So, all that to say, I'm going to TRY to hold out as long as I can. I might even go so far as to ask my neighbor to take my tests to her house so I can't use them. Then I'll have to ask her for them and I'd feel stupid doing that. Of course, they'd have to be in a little brown paper bag so she couldn't see what they were, coz they don't know we're TTC. But oh well... She'd not ask questions....

Ok, I'm going to get ready for church. Yet another to add to the list of possible Church Families we may want to join... I wish we had found one before we moved here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page