TTC 6+ months December Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm really trying to risist POAS right now. I need to know why I'm not doing it yet againg... I mean besides that I don't want to see a BFN and that it's too early....
#182 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 05:37 PM

Ah, that is supposed to be one of the "it could happen" side effects, I may have been one or two days the whole cycle too.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#183 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 05:38 PM

POAS POAS POAS LOL, just do it already.....

#184 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
pampered mom... I never honestly would have thought that a section would be part of the problem.. I guess I have some research to do!

I have to say tho.. if not for a cs I would NOT have been able to have ds.. he was just too big... and I'm a pretty small person (minus the fat)... I'm only 4"11'.. pretty small framed... but like I said... I will look into that... thanks!
I'm glad that yours was a positive experience for you. It was anything but that for me and for the most part I've regretted that decision ever since. I've learned a lot since then that has certainly enabled me to become more educated and better prepared for the next time...if there is another next time for me, but it hasn't done anything to diminish the sense of loss that I feel for the chain of events it set in motion.

It would certainly be a good idea to research as much as you can about c/s and complications as well for the next time around. A good place to start is www.ican-online.org. They have local chapters which are a good place to start to get information as well as an e-mail support group. The support group is very high volume, but definitely a wealth of information. They can help point you in the direction of research out there re: secondary infertility after c/s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3
Pampered Mom - My obgyn said that c/s can be a big factor in 2ndary infertility too. He said that I really don't need the HSG to see if my tubes are blocked since I had one kid vaginally and the two big things are c/s and STD that block tubes. I've only been with DH since marriage and didn't have a c/s so he thinks I just need to keep trying. It's all good info to think about for those that did have a c/s though.
Wow! Really? I'm quite impressed w/your ob for admitting that one! From what I understood it wasn't really something they readily admitted to. It wasn't among the few risk factors that I understood before agreeing to the c/s and I've found very few others out there in infertility circles discussing it, either. I guess that's another issue to put in the "for" column in my deciding whether or not to go see someone if we don't conceive this cycle.

mic - Go for it! LOL - I'm not a POAS adict...really...I'm not!
#185 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 PM

I never knew that c/s could block tubes.
*sigh*

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#186 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:35 PM

DON'T DO IT MIC!!!!! wait a couple more days!!!!! (at least that is what I would do)
#187 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:36 PM

I'm grumpy.
#188 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:39 PM

hugs for all us C/S mamas... there are quite a few of us I am afraid.

I've had a prior C/S, and my HSG showed my tubes to be open, but my dr said sometimes the tubes "stick together" and the HSG opens them up. He didn't say anything about the C/S (and he didn't do mine). I can imagine that C/S can be responsible for unexplained secondary infertility though... they move everything around in there and are not always too gentle. Plus I've read that the scar tissue can cause adhesions which could interfere with implantation.

I am trying not let it get me down too much though because we all know there are lots of women go on to have more kids after C/S, so IF it isn't a given. : :

Pampered Mom ITA that ICAN is a great resource for us. Have you ever found any helpful hints from ICAN in terms of improving fertility post C/S ?

Ok I am supposed to be working !!!!!
#189 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
I'm grumpy.
That's an understatement for my mood today. : X1000
#190 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
I'm grumpy.
#191 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
That's an understatement for my mood today. : X1000
#192 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:41 PM

lily
#193 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:42 PM

DH didn't do a good job of hiding them, so I took them to my neighbors and told her she's not to give them to me before Thursday under any circumstances. I just don't want to know right now. I'm affraid that I'll be extreeeeemly let down if it says no, and I'm affraid I wont believe it if it says yes. So I just don't want to know right now.

lilyflower~
Why are you grumpy? Do you think it's the Clomid? (I'm going to call it clo from now on... Clomid takes too long to type)

willowsmom~
I know a lady who has 12 children, the last 5 were born c/s. I know another lady who has 4 that were all born c/s. My sister had 3, all c/s. And I have a cousid who has had 2 c/s and is planning a 3rd because she can't deliver naturally. I don't think your chances of having blocked tubes from a c/s are that high. Try not to worry, and if you are worried, I'd suggest calling your OB/GYN and asking if you can consult with him/her about it. That's the only way to find out. for you coz you look blue.

Teneal~
You're a bad influance. I think I didn't give DH all of my Pee sticks... I think there's just one left hiding up there for me to use if I absolutely can not hold out till thursday. I may just use it with FMU tomorrow. But I really don't want to be disappointed!!!
#194 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:45 PM

s for you too Sarah. I'm sorry you're sad!
#195 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:45 PM

I don't have an OB. He moved without telling anyone...
I was hoping I wouldn't have to find another one out here and I'd just get a new doc when we moved.

I already feel awful about being infertile. I feel bad about the awful experience I had when Willow was "born" and now I have this other Sword of Damocles type thing hanging precariously above my uterus.

I hate my body. Hate it.

#196 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 06:46 PM

I'm glad you guys are here. Thanks.
#197 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 07:09 PM

s to all.
#198 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM

I just wanted to add my hugs too....

#199 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_in_chaos View Post
willowsmom~
I know a lady who has 12 children, the last 5 were born c/s. I know another lady who has 4 that were all born c/s. My sister had 3, all c/s. And I have a cousid who has had 2 c/s and is planning a 3rd because she can't deliver naturally. I don't think your chances of having blocked tubes from a c/s are that high.
I don't know as I'd say that all secondary infertility post c/s is due to blocked tubes, mic is right in that your chances are probably low, However, in most cases it's secondary infertility post c/s for "unknown causes". And as to how often that occurs - it's anyone's best guess.

The fact of the matter is we don't know exactly how "high" or "low" the rate of secondary infertility post c/s is because there just aren't that many researchers out there looking into it. Respectfully mic, you can point to anecdotal evidence, like the the women you know who have had x number of c/s and how they all turned out fine and how they were able to get pg a number of times w/out any problems. Anecdotally I can point out a few who have had c/s in the past and have had greater difficulties getting pregnant. On this thread alone there are four of us who had a c/s and in subsequent attempts to get pg have found ourselves in the 6+ month camp - some in the 12+ month camp (myself on the cusp of the 12 month mark).

The fact of the matter is we don't really *know* how the whole getting pregnant/staying pregnant/giving birth process really works. I would say that we know a fair amount, but in many cases we just plain don't know all of the ins and outs and in many cases the medical powers that be are just making their best guess. We don't know all of the longterm effects of c/s on women - although with 30.2% of women in 2005 having had them I'm certain we'll learn a whole lot more in the coming decade.

Ok...I'll get off my soapbox now...I can get a little bit passionate about this. In my case I think I wax and wane between anger and a profound sense of loss. I'm still processing through it and here I am two years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowsmom
I already feel awful about being infertile. I feel bad about the awful experience I had when Willow was "born" and now I have this other Sword of Damocles type thing hanging precariously above my uterus.

I hate my body. Hate it.
I can TOTALLY relate to those feelings!! There are actually a few women I know of that have PCOS and had c/s in the past. If you'd like to connect with some others, send me a pm and I'll get you pointed in the right direction.

As to the blocked tubes. Is it possible? Probably not. Is an HSG still beneficial? Very possibly. Sometimes it just seems to flush things out and get things back to the right ph for things to happen. about the OB moving w/out letting you know. If you want some help finding another one in your area, let me know that as well.

Oh...and one more thing for those post c/s secondary infertility mamas - I have also heard some good things about Mayan Abdominal Massage (the Arvigo technique) in getting things jumpstarted - especially helpful for breaking up adhesions. If I had all the money in the world I'd go for it myself, but I just don't have the fundage to make that possible.

: Reason #1,455,678 I wish that everything surrounding getting pregnant, staying pregnant, and giving birth weren't so stinking complicated in this country.
#200 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 07:32 PM

willowsmom & pamered_mom~
I'm sorry if I made you girls feel bad. I was just trying to be positive. And I guess I shouldn't have said what I did because I've never had a c/s. I am really sorry.
#201 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM

lily - : Why so sad today? Just one of those things? I haven't felt all that nauseaous, but I have had heartburn off and on for the last week. I feel basically ok though. I'm still just hanging out waiting for O. On thursday I'm going to get a few OPK's and use them this cycle, and see what I can find out.

willow - Your OB just up and left? How weird.

M_I_C - Don't do it! You can wait until Friday... I have faith in you! Be strong!

I just realized I have 20 days, and 6 quilts to tie or quilt, 2 that still need batting and backing, and 4 I haven't started yet. : I'm basically chained to the sewing machine for the next 2 weeks. :
#202 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM

Whoa - another 1st post on the page? Wahoo!
#203 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Blucactus I've added you to the list - I hope your stay is short!
#204 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 09:36 PM

Pamered mom - I am so curious about the statistics but you are right they just aren't avail. I wonder how many others are out there like me, easy to get preg first time, pretty nice vag birth, hard to get preg second time.

to pamered and willow. I can't understand but I can imagine it's tough to deal with.

T

PS - On a funny note. I always thought it was "pampered" mom until today. Go figure.

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#205 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 PM

OMG I think we have all been misspelling PameredMom's name....so so sorry!

#206 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 PM

pamered_mom... I'm with Tara. If she hadn't pointed it out just now, I would have gone on thinking it was pamPered_mom! Wow, just goes to show how the human brain works huh...

Ok, on a different note, I asked DH to come help me hang up some pictures in DD's bedroom. Instead, he took over the project, made me feel like a "dumb girl" and I ended up letting him do it alone. Now he needs someone to come "hold the level" so he can get them strait. I think he should figure out how to hold it alone... seeing as he can do everything else without my help. GRRRRRR!!!
#207 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 PM

And Ity, You better get to crackin on those quilts!!!
#208 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_in_chaos View Post
willowsmom & pamered_mom~
I'm sorry if I made you girls feel bad. I was just trying to be positive. And I guess I shouldn't have said what I did because I've never had a c/s. I am really sorry.

No no... It's ok. You didn't do anything wrong.
It's just my own hangups about how my daughter was brought into the world. On top of just feeling generally sh*tty about my body...

I adore you.

ETA: Ity - Yeah I was talking with another mom at LLL who also sees him...and she said "Oh, did you know he moved to Pittsburgh?" Umm. No. And not like he was the be all and end all...he still filleted me. But now I have to find someone else. *sigh*. lol

#209 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 PM

willowsmom~
That's very relieving. I try not to say things that might hurt someone on here. I was really worried!

I am having severe cramps! I don't know what's going on, but I feel like I'm starting my period right now!!!
#210 of 1084 Old 12-05-2006, 10:51 PM

Ohhh MIC...

I hope it's implantation and not AF.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page