2WW... anyone else?? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats everyone!!

Today is officially the first day of a missed period.
#182 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Congratulations Familyof4ks!!!

Kat, I hope that AF continues to stay away.

I had a nice temp spike this morning and I'm either 9 or 11dpo. If I'm 11dpo, that means that my luteal phase is getting longer. If I'm 9dpo, then AF is due tomorrow. Oh, I hope it stays away from me. (Everyone grab a handful)
#183 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitttyKat View Post
Congrats everyone!!

Today is officially the first day of a missed period.
I'm crossing my fingers for ya!!:
#184 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 05:14 PM

I got a band new cycle today...but I get to O for christmas.
#185 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 05:56 PM

*O* Christmas *O* *O* Christmas *O*!!!!

ok- so anyone waiting to tell their dhs? This is a funny story- we just bought a new stove for our new house. I took some pictures of it for fun, and am thinking of putting the picture of the stove into a card for dh. Maybe saying something like- thank you so much for our new over~ and it will only be 40 weeks till the baking is done.... BUT it has only been 1 day and waiting to tell him on Christmas is going to kill me. I feel real alone in all this crazy wonder I just found out! *sigh*
#186 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 08:00 PM

I just can't imagine keeping such good news to myself, especially news that is TOTALLY my husband's business. Last time I only waited long enough to take a shower, then I hopped into bed with him before work to show him the test. Just the thought of hiding such a happy thing from him, that directly involves him, is such a foreign concept to me.
#187 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 08:15 PM

I plan on waiting a couple of weeks to tell DH, even though it is definately his business... I've lost a few within the first two weeks, and it is so hard on him every time. Even though it will be hard to withhold the information, I plan to do it to save him the tears.

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#188 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 09:02 PM

familyof4ks Christmas is only a week away and it will be such a memorable present for your dh! Good luck trying to keep the secret. I know it will be so hard. I'm sort of with Valarie on waiting to tell until the risk of early miscarriage has safely passed, but I couldn't wait to tell my mother that ds was on the way because I conceived him right as she was going into the operating room for fairly severe cancer and we didn't think she would live until I was twelve weeks along. He'll be fifteen years old in January and she's still going strong so the joke's on me.

I'm 7dpo by FF's calculations, 8 by my own, and have no desire whatsoever to POAS, which is very unusual for me. I definitely feel the progesterone/fake pregnancy, but I don't seem to be quite as tired and sick as I was last month, just hoping I can avoid cigarette smoke and manage to eat enough even when I don't want to. I may not even POAS if doesn't show up on the 25th because I am enjoying the possibility of being pregnant even though I'm not overly hopeful and I think I'll be okay if it doesn't work out this month.

My temp shot WAY up this morning, higher than it's been this cycle, which totally surprised me as it dropped below coverline the previous day. It's a bit early for implantation but even if FF is right and I'm not, there's no cause to be concerned about an ectopic.

Also, I fell back to sleep with the thermometer in my mouth so it stayed in there for 12 minutes instead of three minutes, but that shouldn't have thrown it off.

Any ideas while I'm obsessing?

#189 of 226 Old 12-17-2006, 09:27 PM

noordinaryspider, we're cycle buddies, I'm 7DPO, too. I had a bit of a dip this morning and I've been mildly queasy all day -- it would be a bit early for that, wouldn't it? But I never have stomach issues, like, ever. So it's weird for me.

On telling your husband, if you did have an early loss, wouldn't you want your husband to be there with you? I mean, when I had mine, I can't imagine not having him there with me to go through it ... I definitely understand wanting to save him the pain, but it just doesn't seem fair that you would have to go through that pain without him.
#190 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 01:31 AM

I would wait to tell DP too. Who cares if I wait a few days or a couple weeks? I just don't see how that affects his experience that much. He's been waiting a few years for me to get pregnant. Why not tell him on Christmas morning? YK?

I have revised my O date based on fertility signs and the lack of bfp or AF. That puts me at 11dpo and 14 the day of my appointment for a blood test. So hopefully that will all work out and I am actually pregnant.
#191 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 01:52 AM

Four years ago my younger brother and his wife had a surprise pregnancy. They had decided not to have children because she carried huge risks for birth defects and chromisone disorders. When they found out about the unplanned pregnancy they decided to keep it a total secret until 20 weeks when they could get all the test results back.
All the tests came back clean and they were given the go ahead to tell everyone on Tuesday afternoon. They told her mother because she was across town and they were going to tell our mother the next day because she was in another state.
Our mother died Tuesday night and they never had the chance to tell her. My brother said if he could go back, he would have called her Tuesday afternoon. Waiting is one of his biggest regrets.
#192 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 02:59 AM

kittykat, that's such a sad story!!!!

I'm currently 2 DPO, I *think* : Gonna try and hold out until Christmas to POAS!
#193 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 03:21 AM

Yay! Mnkygirl79, I'm glad to have you in my Pee On Christmas tribe!

It's only a week away; do you think we should start a list yet?
#194 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 10:21 AM

Hi,
I've been lurking. I am nearing the end of my 2 week wait. This is only my second pp cycle. I'm hoping to get lucky but it's really a shot in the dark since I don't chart. Plus, my cycles are a little long and not completely regular yet. Still... always hoping you know?
I feel a little crampy this morning. I might join the POAS tuesday group but I would sure hate to test too early and get a negative. I'm tired of that gig after only one month.
Congratulations to all the women who conceived! It's exciting to read all the stories, and also disappointing when you're pulling for someone and they get a BFN. Good luck everyone!
#195 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 10:24 AM

Congrats Flapjack and Familyof4ks!
I still don't have any answers.. I'm 15dpo and no AF but some cramping. I got a bfn on 13dpo w/ a dollar store test. That day my cervix also dropped and was firm and slightly open.. I figured AF was surely on her way. But now its 2 days later, one day late, my cervix is very high and soft as of this morning, I still have some cramping but its milder and different. I'm going to wait until this evening to test again. I'm so sick of this rollercoaster.
#196 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 01:47 PM

Hi everyone. I hope it's OK for me to post here. I'm usually in the NMY threads, and we are not yet actively TTC. But for some reason this cycle I am kind of wondering if I might not be pregnant.

Can anyone look at my chart - it's linked in my signature - and let me know when you think I should test? FF thinks I should wait until Christmas day, and I suspect AF will show up before then, but.... Here's the thing. DF is leaving town on Thursday to go home for Christmas, and I will not be with him this year because of work. So if I DO get a positive result, I don't want to have to sit around and wait for a week before he gets home. : I was going to test during my lunch break today but I went to the dollar store across the street and they were out of HPTs - I can't get anywhere else to buy one until this evening, and it would take me about an hour (bus + walking) total.

I am probably just reading too much into everything - the temps on the chart, the symptoms that could be either PMS or early pregnancy.... sigh. I can't imagine how hard the 2ww must be for all the ladies who have been trying for a long time.
#197 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 06:16 PM

Hi ladies, I'm back in the 2ww after my most recent m/c. YAY! I think, but I'm not sure....now obviously I didn't want to miscarry but I did for sure O and did for sure BD's at the right time.....so 1dpo here....

~Teneal

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#198 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 06:56 PM

Well I poas this afternoon, I'm at 15 dpo and still negative. Now all my af cramping is gone and I'm left w/ no af in sight and a negative test.. what gives? I have extremly regular cycles so I am really confused. : I'm never late.. ever. hmmmmm.
#199 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 07:12 PM

stelimamo- That seems to be going around this month!
#200 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 07:13 PM

I am 10dpo. I am a little frustrated though. I am spotting a little today and my temp started dropping a little in the last few days. With an implantation dip does it just go down one day then back up or could it go down a few days then back up?

I guess I will probably know more tomorrow if Af comes. UGH!

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

#201 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
stelimamo- That seems to be going around this month!
I noticed that too... I'm jkust so confused. You can usually set a clock by af. grrr... the suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!
#202 of 226 Old 12-18-2006, 10:41 PM

Well, I think AF is appearing. I am seeing some red blood and I assume that is not what you would see with implantation.

I know it is only our first month ttc, but I didn't realize how emotional it would all feel.

I will update if anything changes.

#203 of 226 Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 AM

AF came this morning.. guess she was just taking her time.

Good luck to you all on your tww!
#204 of 226 Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 AM

I took my temp this morning and it went back up, but it definately seems that is here. I don't remember my temp dipping before AF, but I will have to go back and check to be sure. I need to figure out how to make my chart viewable. I will work on that over the weekend.

#205 of 226 Old 12-19-2006, 12:29 PM

Hey ladies. Sorry that af found you stellimamo. Heather Marie, I hope af stays away.

Since about 6dpo, I've had what felt like pre-af cramps and I just got a BFP today, so cramping isn't always a bad thing. I've also been gassy, but I eat a lot of beans and tofu, so I thought that caused the gas. Nope, I'm pregnant!!!
#206 of 226 Old 12-19-2006, 04:11 PM

Congratulations Sabo!!!!! I am so happy for you!! :

So sorry stellimamo that af found you....

Good luck to all those testing this week and holiday weekend!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#207 of 226 Old 12-19-2006, 05:12 PM

Heather Marie, you go to the "Sharing" link on the left hand side of your Fertility Friend page and select "Home Page Setup".

I've been charting for eight months now, and sometimes I get the temp plummet right before and other times I'm already bleeding by the time I see it.

stellimom; I'm so sorry.
#208 of 226 Old 12-19-2006, 11:26 PM

noordinaryspider - I'd be HAPPY to join you on Christmas morning! HOpefully we'll have some good news! (it'll only be 10 DPO for me, but I"m crossing my fingers!)
#209 of 226 Old 12-20-2006, 07:09 PM

Well, it definately is AF. I am a bit shocked how overwhelmed I felt with not being pregnant. I know it wasn't a sure thing, but I guess I am just so excited to finally be at the point of ttc.

I am anxiously awaiting for the next cycle.

TCOYF software is now saying it can't determine when I ovulated. I don't know what to make of that. After I thought I ovulated my temp was a little wacky. UGH. Hopefulloy it will be clearier next cycle.

noordinaryspider-Thanks for the linking info. I will work on that this weekend.

Good luck to all waiting to POAS.

#210 of 226 Old 12-20-2006, 09:50 PM

So sorry Heather Marie that af has found you... hugs to you!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page