MDC question: separate board for TTC and bfing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-29-2003, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has MDC considered adding a separate board for nursing mamas who are TTC? It seems like there are a lot of us here at MDC!

I have trouble keeping up with the long thread we have going on this board, so I would really love to see a separate board! With a long thread, it's harder to post individual responses to other mamas' posts, too.

Any thoughts?
#2 of 8 Old 04-29-2003, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Perhaps we need to start a new thread every month like the 2ww and waiting for O threads??

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#3 of 8 Old 04-30-2003, 10:30 AM

Rube, I like the idea of a new one each month. That's a good idea. NWmama -- I understand that it can be quite overwhelming to jump in. There are a ton of entries.

NWmama -- The question you asked to the board, would proably be better as it's own thread. I'm sure some mamas here aren't nursing now, but do have experience with B-6 and Vitex. You always get more information when dealing with a specific qestion, if you post it to the whole TTC board. Edited to add: There is a thread right now with good info on it about B-6 and lengthening LP. Some applies to AF, too.

I'll go post on the nursing TTC thread to read this one. I think it's a good idea.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#4 of 8 Old 04-30-2003, 02:25 PM

either a seperate board or starting a new thread when the current one gets to say 20 replies or 30. That's a more managable # than what's currently there IMO..
#5 of 8 Old 04-30-2003, 03:00 PM

Starting a finding your tribe thread has been the pat answer I'd expect from the mods. Think that would work out well for you guys? Good luck ladies!
#6 of 8 Old 05-02-2003, 03:57 PM

I will gladly forward this on to Cynthia Mosher, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. I personally don't see the need for a separate board. Many of the concerns will be shared by both those who are breastfeeding and ttc and those who are simply ttc. I have been in both situations personally, so I feel for all of you. I agree that you should plan on starting a new thread once a month or so, or when the thread gets to a certain amount of pages. You could also post your questions by prefacing them with "Bfing/TTC -- your question here." That way, your fellow "tribal" members would know. We all pretty much know each others user ID's so I think that just seeing your name would let those in the same position know it's a bfing/ttc question.

While we are always open to ideas of new boards, we have to see a true need for a board. I think that in this situation we can happily harmonize on the same board since the intended goal is a baby.
#7 of 8 Old 05-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Hi mamas!

Our criteria is to demonstrate a need by starting a thread and keeping active, diverse conversation going about a subject that doesn't fit well into any existing forum.

But in this case I do agree with Beth in that the subject is so very intertwined with TTC that a separate board doesn't seem necessary. I think it can be comfortably hosted here without much confusion. I do understand the long thread issue - it can be a pain as I know all to well! Perhaps the better answer is as Beth suggested - preface the thread title to identify it as a BFing/TTC topic with your specific topic included in the title. That would serve the purpose and reduce the long thread reads.

~Cynthia

#8 of 8 Old 05-05-2003, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses! I think the monthly threads will be great, and I like the ide of adding TTC/nursing at the top of threads posted to the main board. Thanks!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page