The ONE Thread December 10 - 16 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowsmom View Post
Jezzy -- Stretchy is good. That's Eggwhite or EW.

Yeah, I know what ew is but it isnt really ew. It is real creamy with a little real thick (tmi) snotty like stretchy cm. kwim? Not the good slippery ewcm that I had yesterday. I just hope that I did O yesterday, dh is really sick and I don't dare ask to gio
#122 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Please move me to waiting to O.

I'm going to be an anal retentive charter this month, I really want to see if I'm actually ovulating or what. BUT, I need major help in one area. What exactly do you guys do to differentiate cervical fluids from seminal fluids? How *exactly* do you figure out which is which?? This totally screws me up when charting.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#123 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
Yeah, I know what ew is but it isnt really ew. It is real creamy with a little real thick (tmi) snotty like stretchy cm. kwim? Not the good slippery ewcm that I had yesterday. I just hope that I did O yesterday, dh is really sick and I don't dare ask to gio
I got that snot-like CM the day after O as well.

Casey - Mama to Zola (10-20-07) and Felix (4-30-09)
#124 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganC View Post
I got that snot-like CM the day after O as well.
Good to hear. I think that it is just the ew turning into creamy, it isn't clear at all it is like creamy but it still stretches. :
#125 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Good to hear. I think that it is just the ew turning into creamy, it isn't clear at all it is like creamy but it still stretches. :
That's strange, sounds like what I have, but yesterday I was completely dry, so I don't think mine could be ew turning into creamy.

Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07

#126 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 05:44 PM

Hi all just checking in. Today is our 3rd anniversery too bad i dotn have good news to give dh as a present.
#127 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbella View Post
That's strange, sounds like what I have, but yesterday I was completely dry, so I don't think mine could be ew turning into creamy.
Ok, yes I am cm obsessed : . I am just checked again, the cm is pretty sticky and forms soft peaks, ? for the cm experts. It is pretty safe to say that it isn't fertile cm right? Sorry that I am being such a geek about this, I am just hoping that we didn't miss the most fertile day but with sticky cm we probably didn't right? Ohhhhh let the madness begin:

Happy anniversery hlnmommy
#128 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Ok, yes I am cm obsessed : . I am just checked again, the cm is pretty sticky and forms soft peaks,
Is it meringue or CM? I don't know, but sticky sounds not fertile to me.
#129 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
Is it meringue or CM? I don't know, but sticky sounds not fertile to me.
I just got my tcoyf and it describes it in there as peaks. Really, I haven't had the time to read it yet, I just skimmed through and it does form peaks lol Sounds dumb right, I was just trying to describe it as exact as possible sticky, peaky cm
#130 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
zjande, so sorry she found you.

I would also love to know how to differentiate CM from other fluids! I seem to get "EWCM" the day after BDing, even though it's clearly not *just* seminal fluids. Ah, yes, gotta love all the TMI!! Anyhow, I'm not 100% sure when I o'd this month because I can't tell what is "real" ewcm and what might not be, or if BDing just "helped" show some of the ewcm early? Yeah, no idea!! I guess I'm going to need to get a book or something, 'cause even if I do get pg this cycle (or soon), I'll end up obsessing about it all again, someday.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#131 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 06:39 PM

HeatherB I just got my copy of taking charge of your fertility and though I haven't read it it seems to be pretty good.
#132 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 06:57 PM

TCOYF is a definitely a good book! I found it to be very helpful and still refer to it almost daily.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#133 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
What exactly do you guys do to differentiate cervical fluids from seminal fluids? How *exactly* do you figure out which is which??
I have this same problem. I read somewhere that real EWCM will float in water while seminal fluids will sink. The things TTC will make you do. I never thought that I would find my self in the bathroom at work testing this theroy
#134 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM

I heard that it was the other way around, EWCM sinks. I have tried this many times, times when I knew it was semen, times when I knew beyond a doubt that it was cm; it ALL floats for me!! . . . Unless only EWCM sinks and all other consistencies of cm float. Is that the case? Everyone, go to the bathroom right now and check . . . Go, now!!
#135 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 07:50 PM

ohhh been "whipping" up some cm jezzy?

Ok, so the best way i've been able to distinguish cm from semen is to check after a bowel movement. And sometimes the walls will feel "wet" but i'll get actual cm from around the cervix. Does that help?

got another really +opk today. Guessing i'll o tonight or tomorrow? I have another energy session tonight (just in time!) I really really need prayers for a longer lp! Five days just will not cut it.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#136 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrank411 View Post
Can I join you ladies? I'm currently 5dpo and remembering how much the 2WW sucks. Please add me to the 'Waiting to know' list. I am horribly impatient and just trying to pass the time until I can POAS.
Hi Julie, and welcome! I'm about 6-7 DPO myself, and new to this board. When are you planning to test?

4 kids under 10
#137 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustLia23 View Post
Still waiting to O, and still somewhat confused, One brand OPK is still giving positives and one's giving neg's with the same pee, anyone have experience with first response? Every OPK test I've taken with that brand has turned positive. But all the CVS brand are still neg, although getting darker. We were originally planning on using fresh known donor insems, like last month, but since our frozen sperm is available to us, we might just do IUI's, since it seems much more effective for me(I have tried over a dozen times with fresh, not to mention past straight encounters and never got pregnant, while 3 insems of frozen IUI have yielded me one gorgeous little boy).

Hugs to Ann and Taradactyl, Trying to get pregnant is so rough sometimes, it may not sounds like much coming from a women with 2 kids under 3(one that I birthed), but I went through the same exact thing, stressing over when ovulation will happen, making sure the dates are all on target, and every month seeing AF and almost breaking down( me at least). For me I just wanted the baby so badly, that I couldn't think of any life but creating a pregnancy. Eventually I realized that all I could do was make it possible and release to the fact that I don't have any control over it. Once the sperm has been introduced, it's up to them and the egg. Kinda like life with children, and a good lesson to go into parenthood with. Trust that it will happen until you have proof that it won't!
Hugs to you and thanks for the uplifting message. I can't imagine what some of you must be going through having been TTC for several cycles. I'm on cycle one and wondering what I'll do with myself if I don't conceive this cycle. It sounds so petty and rediculous to even worry about it when so many others try for *months* and *years*. Perspective is always good in this case I think.

4 kids under 10
#138 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSweetP View Post
Jezzy - if you maintain that temp rise, I'd say you O'd yesterday, woohoo!

6dpo here, and temp drop below coverline. Both exciting and scary (I don't think I've ever had a post-O temp dip like this.) On the other hand, I had to take my temp a full hour and 15 minutes early this morning, so that could be it. Ah, how lovely, something to obsess over! Yes, thank you, I really needed something to make my post-O ttc obsession even more intense.

Hugs to all today!

xoxo
Charlotte
Looks like we might be testing around the same time Mama. Have you decided when you'll do test #1 for sure? Or are you playing it by ear? I'm also on 6-7dpo (not sure exactly).

4 kids under 10
#139 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 08:28 PM

I'm so worried! I went for my pre-pregnancy doc visit to have a chat at have a pap done as I hadn't had one in a few years. The doctor actually suggested I wait until I got pregnant as it's typically done then anyway, but I insisted on having it done. The point is that she totally thought I had nothing to worry about. I've had the same one sexual partner since well before my last pap test, I'm young and I have excellent health otherwise.

She told me to go ahead and start TTC.

We got back from vacation today and there's a message from my Dr's office asking me to call back about my test results . I hate that I can't talk to anyone until tomorrow.

While I know cervical cancer is not genetic, my mother did have cervical cancer very young and had a complete hysterectomy before she was my age (26) because of it. I have also had a lot of trauma to my vagina and cervix in the past due to post-partum infections and surgeries where the OBGYN accidentally cut through parts he shouldn't have etc. It's graphic and gross and I'm scared of having more procedures done like the biopsy or whatnot. And what if I am pregnant? I just can't help but worry. I've never had a doctor call me with a test result asking me to call back to discuss it if it's benign.

4 kids under 10
#140 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 PM

Who else is planning on testing this weekend? I have 10 internet cheapies and am starting to test on 10DPO. Which is Saturday, if that didn't quite sound as obvious as I'd hoped. I'm wiped from traveling and am feeling quite incoherent tonight .

4 kids under 10
#141 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 09:52 PM

Does anyone know if getting more hours of sleep (i.e. going to bed earlier) will alter temps in anyway? Also, what happens to temps if you have mini wakings (waking before temp time, but not getting out of bed and falling asleep pretty much right away?).
#142 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Aw! Give her an extra squeeze from me.
I wish you could see her. It's too funny. The sign for "frog" is sticking out her tongue. And for "turtle" she kind of strokes the back of her hand (balled into a fist) with the other hand. So when she signs frog & turtle at the same time I know she's thinking of you.

On our front, this is the week my son Daniel should have been born. So it's kind of rough for us. My in-laws sent a dozen roses this morning, which made me cry. And at the Christmas pageant at church this evening, dd went up to the baby (doll) in the manger and stroked him, and then carried him around after the pageant was over. She didn't want to put him down but finally I told her that Jesus had to go to sleep and that she could kiss him goodnight and say goodbye. So she laid him down gently, kissed him, and waved.
#143 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
Does anyone know if getting more hours of sleep (i.e. going to bed earlier) will alter temps in anyway? Also, what happens to temps if you have mini wakings (waking before temp time, but not getting out of bed and falling asleep pretty much right away?).
I don't know about going to bed earlier, but I wake constantly throughout the night (nursing dd on average 4 times per night) and my temps still show a very consistent pattern and it's easy to tell when I've O'd. I can even feel it w/out taking my temp because I don't get so cold at night after I've O'd (and can feel AF coming when I start to feel cold again).
#144 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
I wake up quite a lot on some nights. I don't get out of bed and my temps are almost always what I would expect. As far as going to bed early, I would expect that you might have one off temp but if you kept going to bed at the same time after that your body would quickly adjust.

sanguine_speed: Most of the time an abnormal pap turns out to be no big deal. I hope that everything goes well. I know that it can be scary, especially when you know of the worst case scenario.
#145 of 246 Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguine_speed View Post
Who else is planning on testing this weekend? I have 10 internet cheapies and am starting to test on 10DPO. Which is Saturday, if that didn't quite sound as obvious as I'd hoped. I'm wiped from traveling and am feeling quite incoherent tonight .
OK, are you my twin? LOL I'll join you on Saturday!

I hope everything was OK with your pap. Remember, an abnormal pap does not necessarily mean anything's wrong. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

xoxo
Charlotte
#146 of 246 Old 12-14-2006, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to this point.

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#147 of 246 Old 12-14-2006, 02:00 AM

wish i could test with you guys! But i'm o'ing right this second, so it'll be WAY too early. : for a longer lp! If it IS longer, i'll be testing around christmas.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#148 of 246 Old 12-14-2006, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
hazeleyes what did he give him to imcrease sperm count? Did dh have an analysis so he knew it was low?

Cyprofloxacin.... He has his sperm count tested this summer and it was low.

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)
#149 of 246 Old 12-14-2006, 05:16 AM

Please move me to Waiting to O. AF FINALLY showed up yesterday (Wednesday) and I am so relieved. I slept great last night for the first night in a week. Every night during the last few days of the 2ww I go to sleep with Christmas Eve style anxiety..."what will my temps be in the morning?", "will AF arrive in the night?","will I get a BFP in the morning?"! Argh! So, with that put to rest I slept like a log.
When AF finally arrives I stop temping for a few days and take a break from all the anticipation and (clench) CONTROL. I am exhausted after each cycle, both mentally and physically.
So we are on to cycle 4. I will O around New Years. Christmas will be peaceful.
Thinking of all you waiting to know, let's have some BFPs this Saturday (or before)!
#150 of 246 Old 12-14-2006, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
ohhh been "whipping" up some cm jezzy?
Not today It is definatly ccm today.

juneau Lots of Hugs to you

sanguine_speed I wouldn't worry about it, I have often had that call too and got really worried, I had to go back and have another one done, and that came back normal. : that everything is ok !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page