May Pre-O - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 04-30-2003, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I know it's not May until tomorrow but I'm anxious to get another TTC cycle underway! Here's to the month of May...the month we celebrate mothers, fertility and the renewal of nature........let's make some babies!!!!!

~Erin

--> --> --> :bf
#2 of 67 Old 04-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
And I am still here....I should O in the next two to three days...I would say O'ing on the first of May is a good omen!

much and dust to you all!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 67 Old 04-30-2003, 09:51 PM

Me too! Me too! I am day 11 today and looking to make a baby this month
#4 of 67 Old 05-01-2003, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Me too!! I am also on day 11, and hoping my cycle is back to normal on its own and we make a baby this month.
I have an appointment with an RE next week so hopefully we will find out whats going on. Feeling very optimistic about May.
#5 of 67 Old 05-01-2003, 12:38 AM

I'm cd4.....not very exciting! But af is almost gone and I can start temping soon! Which is like opening a surprise every morning! (I'm weird...I know )

Dh has renigged on wanting a second...phooey on him....

I'm still hoping he changes his mind!

Anyway...I'm ready to make a baby too!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#6 of 67 Old 05-01-2003, 01:08 AM

AF came on the 26th and I have a regular 28 day cycle... so I think I should ovulate around the 6-10th I need to start temping....get a chart going. Good luck everyone!
#7 of 67 Old 05-02-2003, 11:24 PM

Well, af is over!! I started temping again yesterday....so I'm just waiting. Last month I didn't O until cd21 and my lp was 12 days...

#8 of 67 Old 05-03-2003, 12:01 AM

well Ive been oing for three days now and baby dancing so we shall see what happens I hope this is the month.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#9 of 67 Old 05-03-2003, 08:33 PM

I'm here - c1 of ttc#2 and on cd7. I started taking B-6 (50mg) for my luteal phase, and hope it will help lengthen it past the usual 10 days. I usually O around cd 17 but will be out of town when this month's time to BD comes around. Hopefully DH and I can manage to BD 3-4 days b/f I O but it's doubtful that that will do the trick!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!
#10 of 67 Old 05-03-2003, 11:45 PM
Administrator

I am here, for a couple more days anyway....
I got a + on my OPK last night...and dh and were well on our way to bd'ing...and the next thing I know...I was waking up in the middle of thie night to get a drink of water....And wondering if we actually did the deed or not....
And then when we woke up this morning, dh asked me the same thing, "did we?" So the consensus was we did not...but we made up for it this morning....and I have the GIANT hickey on my neck to prove it. :LOL

I had really good EWCM two days ago and we bded then too...

So once more tonight and twice tomorrow! And probably once on monday just in case.

And then we wait.......
My temp spike is going to be really easy to see...
my chart

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#11 of 67 Old 05-04-2003, 12:17 AM

Me, always me.... I've only O'd 2 times since November... sigh....

Here I am on cycle day 26 I think now........... STILL waiting..
#12 of 67 Old 05-04-2003, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

AdinaL That's too funny and I can totally relate.

Friday night I was EXHAUSTED so I went to bed early. DH wasn't tired yet so I reminded him that he can ALWAYS wake me up to BD!!

But Saturday morning I woke up with the same....did we? feeling. DH said he tried to wake me up and that I even talked to him a little bit so he thought I was awake (BTW - he only came up to bed 45 minutes after me....I'm tellin' ya it was a LONG week and I was wiped) but he couldn't get me to really wake up and then he was exhausted too so he just fell asleep.

We also made up for it in the morning!

~Erin
#13 of 67 Old 05-04-2003, 01:16 PM

Adina - you are so funny!!!! That has happened to us too! Anyway, I thought I would have O'ed by now but no such luck. sigh. oh well, I think I have a little E fluid today so maybe we'll bd tonight.

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
#14 of 67 Old 05-06-2003, 12:42 AM

Erin...my dh and I used to wake up the same way but it was more like, "Oh crap!" We almost think thats how we got pg with number 2!

Anyway, I'm cd9 and my temps are higher this month than last... : Not sure why but I guess it doesn't matter!!

So, anyway...I've been awawy from dh sinec cd1!!! And tomorrow night I'm going to be home...there should be lots of bd'ing in our house!!! (I've been out of town to visit fasmily 12 hours away from my dh!!!)

So, anyway.....

#15 of 67 Old 05-06-2003, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Well ladies I have moved over to the 2ww.

I did O over the weekend and we bd'ed like crazy. Hopefully it has had an affect!

Much dust to all and I will send the O fairy to visit this board!

#16 of 67 Old 05-06-2003, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well CD12 here. This is the first month I'm charting my BBT so it's been kind of interesting to watch the changes.

Here's my chart so far.

I was 97.3 for a while (which DH says sounds like a radio station so he does this "you're listening to 97.3" in a radio announcer's voice every morning when I read my temp : ) but then yesterday I dropped to 96.9. When I read that number to DH, we were both like....hmmmm...does that mean something? :

Today's temp was 96.8...I have not had any noticable EWCM yet. So la, la, la...not really sure what's going on in my cycle but we're enjoying lots of BD-ing!!

Good luck Adina and others who moved over to the 2WW. See you soon!

~Erin

edited to fix my link. thanks adina!
#17 of 67 Old 05-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Administrator

your chart just loks like you are gearing up for O...but you might want to change the link....because it sends us to your account, which means someone could click something and mess it up....Which would be bad.

#18 of 67 Old 05-07-2003, 11:16 AM

mamma-wanna-be........the hard thing about doing your first bbt chart is that you have no idea what is normal and what isn't for you!!

For instance.....last month was my first charting bbt. Well, FF said..and I agreed...that I o'd on cd7 or 8....well...it turns out I didn't I actuall o'd on cd21! We thought I was 20dpo and I was really 12dpo. We couldn't figure out why my lp was so long. But it turns out that my temp makes a jump and stays a week before O....at least I figure it does cause it did it again this month!

Good Luckin you charting...and it does look ike you are bd-ing your hearts out!!

As for me.....I'm cd10. I got home from my trip home last night. I wish I was o-ing because dh and I have had lots of I missed you bding because I was gone for SO long!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

#19 of 67 Old 05-07-2003, 11:16 AM

Can I whine for a just moment? We've been TTC our first for the last year, most of which was rendered ineffective because I had a uterine polyp, unbeknownst to me. That was removed in November, and we began (again...sigh) TTC. AF just left me in floods of tears. I'm 36 years old and feeling like this may never happen. We just threw our annual Beltane bash, and this was the first year that there were tons of kids...

Tell me to keep my chin up? It's hard to take...
#20 of 67 Old 05-07-2003, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

bamboogrrrl ~ I have not been TTC as long as you have but I can relate to being SURROUNDED by babies and kiddos.

We had our TEN nieces and nephews over for Easter. Last week my friend and I went out to lunch and I swear there must have been a mom’s club meeting because we counted 12 babies in the restaurant!! There was much breastfeeding and sweet little baby sounds. Then at church on Sunday, one of my friends had her grandson and asked me to hold him for a minute. I couldn’t say no (and I didn’t want to say no) but as I was holding him I realized I was starting to cry.

I don’t mean to be jealous but it’s SOOO hard sometimes (sigh).

~Erin

PS ~ its_our_family ~ Yes! We are certainly enjoying ourselves this month!
#21 of 67 Old 05-07-2003, 12:20 PM

Ladies...I understand completely! We didn't ttc ds..he just kinda happened. But I crave a baby so bad now! I lost our second child in November and I had the baby bug then. But now the desire is SO strong I can't help it. I held a friends newborn on Sunday and I also started to cry. I have a 1yr old son now....which I absolutely adore! But when we talked about having kids we decided if it were to happen they would be close in age. I'm ready now and dh is not.

I do understand......its hard......

#22 of 67 Old 05-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Administrator

big to all of you. I am right there with you. Sometimes it is more than I can take. I think that what finally helped me, oddly enough, was thinking about what would happen if I never had kids. I spent a good portion of 2-3 days crying, but I realized that I didn't see myself without kids. I couldn't imagine never having them and being one of those "child-free" couples. So, regardless of what form they take I will have kids, I am sure. When af shows it doesn't help too much....but the rest of the month, when I am tired and ready to give up it does. I am really bad about babies...my friend just had hers the end of April and I still haven't gone to see her... I am just not sure I could handle it, and I want to be happy and supportive for her...she is a single mom, the dad wants nothing to do with the baby, and she was a little stressed that last time I saw her...I figure she doesn't need me bursting into tears when I hold her little girl. Anyway, I hear you. And I think that once we get pregnant and have a little one, we will all forget the pain and trauma that went with ttc - at least I hope so.
Anyway, much , to all of you!!!

#23 of 67 Old 05-08-2003, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

I have been thinking there is something wrong with me because I have not had any observable CM at all this cycle but lo and behold....

Just went to the ladies room and I have EWCM!!

I e-mailed DH (even though he has asked me not to share ALL the details of my cylce with him...I don't understand why : ) to tell him to be sure he's home when I get home tonight!!!

I jumped online to update my chart so now I am officially "probably fertile." Hee...hee.

Sorry for the oversharing but I just had to tell someone.

~Erin
#24 of 67 Old 05-08-2003, 03:11 PM

YAY mamma!!!

I also found myself doused in EWCM yesterday!! But my temps aren't participating yet....I'll probably o tonight or tomorrow! Dh and I bd'ed like 4 times when I got home 2 nights ago....I hope there are enough little guys still swimming around! I'm hoping that there were so many that my body let some get right through!!

So.....I was thinking about seducing dh tonight..but then i would have to be honest and tell him I'm probably fertile which would defeat the purpose of seducing him...but I guess at this point its about the sex NOT the baby.....much to my dismay!

#25 of 67 Old 05-09-2003, 12:23 AM

I love how we have a place to come and share our excitement about having EWCM, and other stuff. Not too many people in RL want to hear about it.

I'm CD 19 and believe I have O'd, on my own. I got a +opk yesterday, and today my cervix was high and soft!
BD'd yesterday and today. We will see tomorrow if my temp goes up. I am a late ovulator. My new doc said that that lowers my chance of getting pregnant. Has anyone else heard that O'ing late decreases your chance of getting pregnant?:

Anyway good luck to everyone!!
#26 of 67 Old 05-09-2003, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Yeah - both docs I have seen told me that a late O can cause problems.
the idea is that the egg is supposed to mature in a certain amount of time and then be released. SO if it takes to long to mature, some of the components may not be "sound", as my doc put it, by the time it is released. I think that this may be true sometimes, and others it isn't...there are plenty of women who have gotten pregnant with a late o. Did that make any sense??
:

#27 of 67 Old 05-09-2003, 03:49 PM

I am so FREAKING confused!!!

Let me explain........

I'm cd13...I think can't remember off the top of my head.....

So, I'm getting to the place in my cycle that my temping is "crucial". Well, I got home from visiting family and Wednesday morning I went to temp and my bbt was STILL in the suitcase!! So, I had to get out of bed and get it. I get in my own bed (I was in ds's) and temp....the morning before it was 97.8 but I was having a hot flash so I think it made it higher than it should have been. So, when I temp wed morning it is only 97.1 It was also 54 minutes before my normal temp time.

So, I will base what to do with yesterdays temp on today...well, I woke up at 4am...it was 2 hours before temp time so I temped anyway 97.4. I was only asleep for about 2 hours when I took this temp. Well, then I was back asleep by 4:30 and I temped again at 8...2 hours AFTER my normal temp time...it was 97.7

So, I don't know which temp to use....I've had ewcm for the last 3 days plus cd11 and cd12 I had a high soft cp. This afternoon I still hazd that familiar slick wet feeling of ewcm but this afternoon it dried up and is now kinda chunky...it may have been from the ky....but my cp was high and soft this morning and now this afternoon it is low and firm!

I'm sooo confused.......

Here is my chart....

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2127f

on a side note.....with Tracy I can remember when we conceived him...it was the BEST sex dh and I ever had..of course we were only married for 5 months then...but it still is to this day...not that we don't have great sex now but you know what I mean. In march we had sex that was OMG...if we weren't careful that was coneption sex. Well, we had a chem pg..... TMI but...Last night was "OMG! We jsut made a baby" sex......that makes me feel better

#28 of 67 Old 05-09-2003, 09:14 PM

Adina~ Yes that made sense, thanks for explaining.

Megan~ seems like your body is getting ready to O, or O'd today.
can't wait to see what your temp does tomorrow.

As for me. I am going through the same thing Megan is.
I thought for sure my temp would be up today, but it wasn't. And lately I haven't been temping at or near the same time every morning. For some reason I've been waking in the middle of the night. I look at the clock. If its been 3 or more hours I go ahead and temp.
Like you megan I took my temp today at around 4:30 and it was 97.1 at 8:00 it was 97.7. I just went with the lower temp!
Yesterday my CP was high and soft, this morning high and medium, and this evening it is a lot lower and firmer and closed.

I hope our temps are up in the morning!Jodie's chart
#29 of 67 Old 05-10-2003, 10:54 AM

Ok, so this morning I lucked out and I was able to temp at 6am....my cirrect temp time. So, I was only 97.2! This is what I did with my chart......

On cd11 I had a jump up to 97.8...and then the next morning it was 97.1 I discarded this temp because I had to get up and get my bbt which was still packed. I was going to decide what to do with it after I saw the next couple temps.....well the next morning I temped 2 hours before and 2 hours after my normal temp time. I went with the later temp. This morning I tempedr low....so after reviewing my first chart and taking into consideration what happen this week I did this....

I put back in the discarded temp of 97.1 and used the earlier temp of 97.4 from yesterday. So, if I look at my chart this cycle compared to last cycle they are really very similar and I'm not that far off! So, I probably will O on cd21 like last month......but I don't think any of the little guys will last that long....oh well, so much for having a girl!

#30 of 67 Old 05-11-2003, 12:47 PM

CD5. I must look to your mama examples to stay optimistic through this whole TTC-our-first extravaganza. This morning I went food shopping. I wrote the wrong date on my check (May 12, instead of May 11 - oops) and the check-out woman said to me "what's wrong with you! Don't you WANT it to be Mother's Day!?" I'm headed back to bed I think. DH gave me the best hug ever. Sigh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page