Nursing Mamas TTC in MAY - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 216 Old 05-07-2003, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Juliel and Wolfmom! Please let me know what part of your cycle you are in (if you do know) and I'd love to add you to the front list! Theresa, you're already

Keri, so sorry that AF found you!! It would seem weird that your lp would actually be shorter as time goes on, is there any chance that one of those o dates is off?

Jennifer, good luck, your chart is looking really good!! Try to hold off, but let us know what happens!

Oceanone, how's it going? Please give us an update!!

Owensmom/Christi, wonder why you've been having so much trouble with your postings?? Hope it gets easier for you soon...and I hope that some actual fertility is right around the corner for you

Nothing much going on here...just waiting until I can start testing, I guess!
#62 of 216 Old 05-08-2003, 12:15 AM

Coleslaw, big to you. Aaack, why does this have to be so hard for everyone?

Welcome to all the newbies!

Jennifer, I haven't got anything new to report. That's good right! I am 15dpo today. If AF doesn't turn up before I will test on Saturday. After that neg test on Monday I just don't want to do it to myself again. Plus, before I conceived my son I had two other attempts and BOTH of them resulted in very long cycles with no positive tests and no nothing until finally AF came. I am worried that is happening again, though I don't really understand it.

So, I guess I'm cautiously optimistic. I did feel a bit weary today and laid down for a nap when my son did. So I got nothing else much done today. Oh, well... so I'm with you Jennifer, waiting to be able to test.

Owens mom, I hope you get over your wonderin' soon. It is so wierd there in limbo land.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#63 of 216 Old 05-08-2003, 03:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm now 1dpo. I'm going to try and not obsess the next two weeks! I hope I caught the little egg.

I do not have a chart to post. My sleep is too irregular for temping. I go off of EWCM and OPKs. Had a positive OPK on Tuesday and EWCM yesterday(wed). We BD'd on Sunday night, Tuesday night, and this morning(thurs). We couldn't squeeze any BD in yesterday because hubby had to work until 8 at night and then I had to leave right after that to pick someone up at the airport and take them to their hotel. I didn't get home until 1:30am so BD was held off until 5am. I hope that by not BD'ing exactly within the 24 hour time frame from the OPK we didn't miss the egg. We really wanted to BD more but just couldn't find the time for it(or the energy).

Here's for a sane and successful 2ww!
#64 of 216 Old 05-08-2003, 04:28 PM

Hi All-especially the new mamas!

3dpo and started the progesterone supp today. All I can say about that is "eewww-yuck". It's pretty messy. Not looking forward to this for the next 2 weeks (or 12 weeks if I get preg). Anyway, the things we do to make babies!:

I have at least 10 days to wait so I'll be driving myself nuts I'm sure. I must keep busy....

So happy thoughts to all you waiting mamas out there-we're due for another ++++ soon! Hope it's you!

Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#65 of 216 Old 05-09-2003, 02:18 AM

Wanna hear something weird? My bbs have gotten smaller recently. I have 2 nursing bras that are 1 size too smal that I've never worn. Last Sat. dh said, "It looks like your bra is too big." I thought he was right, so I tried on one of the smaller ones and it fit! My regular one I have started wearing on the smallest band size.

So here's my theory--it has to have something to do with increased fertility. I've had these enormous knockers for 2 years now. I haven't decreased nursing significantly in the past few weeks. But I definately think I O'd about 2 weeks ago (just finished that short luteal phase af I think), and I think that was my first O (second at most). So do you guys think that it is related to increased estrogen in my system or something like that? I'd like to think it means that I am good-to-go fertile this month. Who knows?

On another topic. We sure could use some good news around here. I get so frustrated for everyone reading about all our wacky nursing-induced cycles. Claire, if you're out there, Girl, you are number one on my vicariously-frustrated-for-them list!

So come on everyone, get busy getting pg! Let's go! Okay, we'll settle for everyone having an understandable cycle. Whoo hoo, yeah, I'm ready, come on!

Tracy

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#66 of 216 Old 05-09-2003, 12:18 PM

Hi to all,
Boy this thread is getting long - I can hardly keep up! Keri, sorry for your BFN Hugs to you.

I go in today for a blood test to check my progesterone levels - I'm 7dpo. On Tuesday, I go in for an endometrial biopsy which apparently is the gold standard in progesterone level/luteal phase defect testing. The biopsy increase m/c rate by 2% IF I'm pg so on Monday, I'm going for a beta-HCG to check that out. That means I'll have a definitive BFN or BFP at 10dpo! I'm thinking it'll be negative because of my yeast infection at ovulation and bd'ing not being optimally timed but we'll see!

and to all!
#67 of 216 Old 05-09-2003, 04:48 PM

Jster - thanks for adding me to the front page. I'm guessing I've already O'd this month, but am not positive. Hopefully, I'll have more info next cycle once I start charting (if I didn't luck out this month...)

Good luck to all!
#68 of 216 Old 05-09-2003, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I won't be posting much this weekend, a relative passed away and I'll be out of town. But I wanted to wish everyone a very lucky mother's day weekend!

Oceonone, I'm really hoping that this is it for you!!! I really hope I'll get to check what your test says in the A.M. Good job holding out!

Jennifer (jc_cat) your chart looks great as well!

Tracy, I know what you mean about our wacky cycles, hopefully the signs are right and you are getting nice and fertile! I'm glad that my cycles are finally getting better...

Britt, hopefully things go well with your tests on MONDAY (the beta hcg)! My Dr. was telling me about the endometrial biopsy, just curious, how long has your lp been, and how long have you been ttc? And how many post-partum cycles? I'm trying to figure out where I stand on the whole thing, but it seems like so far my short lp is slowly correcting itself, so I may just wait it out...but it's always good to get more info!

Thanks for all your companionship ladies, hopefully we'll get some good news w/in the next week or so!
#69 of 216 Old 05-09-2003, 07:20 PM

Hello ladies -

I wrote down the 'fertility cocktail' as I like to call it, that someone listed in the other thread (herbs etc to take). I just borrowed the Wise Woman Herbs for the Childbearing Years from my midwife, and checked out TCOYF from the library. I'm "taking charge", darnit!!!

Anyway, I thought about trying some of the women's teas from Yogi Tea (www.yogitea.com), but they have Dong Quai and according to Kellys AP site that is a nursing no no (at least a nursing hmmm . I might make my own teas with herbs that are ok to take that I read about in Wise Woman Herbs..., like (non fermented) red clover, and red raspberry leaf. Then also take vitex (seems like that is more of a supplement than something you can make tea out of?), and a b-complex with 50-100 mg (or is it mcg?).

How does that sound to y'all doing that sort of thing? I've yet to flip through TCOYF to see what she has to say on the subject.

edited to add - I went and looked up the Female Formula mentioned before that someone is using (sorry I can't remember who posted the info!! what they are taking is at www.zand.com) - anyway, it has dong quai in it. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
#70 of 216 Old 05-09-2003, 09:11 PM

Jster - sorry to hear of the sad reason you'll be out of touch this weekend

I've had probably about 6 cycles ppd. I had 4 and then I got pg the first month we started ttc but then miscarried Since my miscarriage, I've had 2 cycles. It does look like my luteal phase may be lengthening on it's own. Before I got pg, it was 9-10 days, now it's been 11 days. But I've now been pg 3 times and had 2 m/c's. With my dd, I took progesterone, with the others, I didn't. I just wanted to get progesterone but my dr wants to check it out with the biopsy. I'll let you know how it goes!
#71 of 216 Old 05-10-2003, 04:48 PM

Congratulations jc cat! That is awesome news.

Here is some sparkling cider for you.

Happy Mother's day weekend!!!!

Jennifer, . I'm sorry about your relative.

Milkface mama, that is great news about your luteal phase lengthening itself. Good luck with the biopsy.

I tested this morning too. Another negative on DPO 17 . No AF for me yet either. Frankly I would prefer one or the other to this waiting.

I would swear up and down that I am pregnant. I just can feel it, I notice the changes and there was that spotting on 12dpo. I think this is just a later than most implantation.

I bought some new bras this morning and when I was in the changing room I couldn't but help notice the changes in my breasts. There were big veins everywhere and the aereola were larger than usual.

I went to the Walgreens and bought two more test. I don't like the ones I was using (ept & safeway - does any one know anything about those?). Anyway, I bought a first response and a Fact Plus and I think I'll stagger them every second day over the next few days and see how I go. If there is still nothing either way I will call the doctor. I guess that is the best plan of action for me since the tests with my son never showed up until 19 DPO. I think I have very laid back eggs that traipse their way down to the uterus in a leisurely fashion. I hope that's the case.

So, that's my little update guys.

:

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#72 of 216 Old 05-10-2003, 07:04 PM

Congratulations jc_cat!!!!! So how many months did it take for your baby to find you?? What a wonderful Mother's Day present!
I'm so happy for you-enjoy the next 9 mos.

Oceanone-I was wondering what was up with you...bummer about the bfn but there's still hope! I'm sending you lots of ++++ thoughts! Good luck!

I'm 6dpo so another week to wait...

Happy Mother's Day to all!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#73 of 216 Old 05-10-2003, 11:44 PM

Jc_cat!!! That is great news!!!

Oceanone, hope you and Sparklin aren't in the same weird boat. I hope your intuitions are spot on! Let us know how it goes!! Fingers are firmly crossed!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!
#74 of 216 Old 05-11-2003, 12:06 AM

Wow, jc_cat!!! Congratulations What great news
#75 of 216 Old 05-11-2003, 09:49 PM

Thanks, guys, for all your support. I thought I might as well give you my little update.

Yesterday afternoon I had another peek at that morning's test. There was a distinct dark line on the test window! Now, I know the test is not valid, but those things don't just appear on their own.

I did another test and it came up with a light line - a positive. It was light though, and I wanted the assurance of a nice dark one in the proper test time. I took another one this morning and got another line - this one painfully faint. You really have to know where to look, but it was there. I even had my husband check in case I was imagining things. It came up in the first minutes of the allotted test time.

Today I was feeling so wrecked and had a huge headache that I went straight back to bed. DH was asking if that's really how I wanted to spend Mother's day, but I couldn't help it.

Then, late this afternoon my bleeding started. I am crampy and feel yucky but much better than this morning as my headache is gone.

Now, at least I can account for the late AF and the pregnancy symptoms I was experiencing.. It makes a lot of sense now but I still have to have a think about what it all really means.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#76 of 216 Old 05-11-2003, 11:37 PM

Oh no, Oceanone I am so sorry. Huge to you. I have been away all week and I just got on the computer to check on you and our other nursing mamas in the 2ww. I am so sorry that your longer than 2ww had such a bad outcome. Please be gentle with yourself and we will be here as much as you need us to be. More .

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#77 of 216 Old 05-11-2003, 11:43 PM

Congratulations Jennifer (jc_cat)!!!

#78 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 01:19 AM

Oceanone I'm so sorry! I'll be thinking of you and wishing you warm thoughts! Feel better soon!

Even though I know the statistics about how common m/c really are (I've had 2 that I know of) it's so scary and frustrating to be ruled by the threat of them when TTC. Even when we get the coveted + sign the next thing that we think about is the threat of m/c. Especially with educated mamas like ourselves that know all the things to watch for with our fertility signs, sometimes I think we know too much for our own good.: Sometimes I think it would great to be blissfully ignorant and just "realize" one day that AF was very late and I was already 2 mos pregnant!

OK, I'm just rambling here since I'm still in the 2ww and I'm ruled by TTC lately! :

So warm thoughts to all!
Ann

#79 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 01:30 AM

I'm so sorry oceanone.

Ann--you could be like my SIL and be REALLY blissfully ignorant and find out you're 28 weeks pg!

Count me in the 2ww. Ugh, I hate waiting!
#80 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oceanone!! I'm sorry it ended up this way. I agree with Ann, sometimes we know too much about what's going on and it would be so much easier to be blissfuly ignorant. I hope this next cycle is easier for you

Well, I've been testing with the OvaCue for 4 wks and I think I got my Cue Peak 2 days ago, so O might be imminent, I'll know for sure in the next day or so. We're not actively trying to catch this egg, I mostly want the reassurance that I'm really O-ing and that my cycles are somewhat back to normal. If this really is the Cue Peak, then I'm back to my old routine of Oing around CD20, which is cool with me. It makes the wait longer in between AF & O but that's how it's been for 20 years (minus the past 3 PP)

I'm kind of torn between wanting to be preggo NOW and wanting to have a couple of more months to prepare. I've been on ulcer meds for 2 years and will have to stop them as soon as I'm preg, preferrably before. I'm down to the lower dose one and am trying to wean off of it, but I haven't been able to go more than a day between doses (though they are 2 a day, and I'm down to one every 1 - 2 days before the pain starts). The pain was so bad during my last pregnancy that I'm a little scared to go through that again. So I guess I need some baby dust and some happy tummy dust

Oh, goodness! it's late! Better get to sleep!

Happy Monday everyone!!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#81 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 08:16 AM

Oceanone, I am so sorry. Be extra kind to yourself while you digest all of this.
#82 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 01:56 PM

Oceanone --
I'm so sorry. I'm sending you warm thoughts. I hope you get that dark positive line the next cycle.

I went to the Dr. and she's doing a blood test to check the levels of my hormones. She thinks I will have to wean all-together to get AF back. That makes me not like her. We'll see what my test results are. I think I'm going to wait it out a bit longer and then call my midwife that attended Jude's birth at home. I jive with her much better that Dr. woman.

JC-Cat congrats! Way to go!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#83 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 02:31 PM

Hi Claire! That dingbat Doctor woman, what does she know? Seriously, what did she base that idea on? Unless she has some superior knowledge, then I think, at this point, she is just plain wrong. 17.5 months is just not all that long (I mean it feels long to us, but it's normal). Do you remember Beth_TX? She was posting on here a few months ago. Her daughter was 22 months or so and she hadn't gotten AF back yet and was wanting to ttc. Finally around 22 months she got AF and conceived on her second cycle, without weaning. So poo on Dr. Dingbat! It will be interesting to see what the blood tests show though, huh? I hope you are feeling peaceful and well. I've been thinking of you.

Ann, how far are you into the 2ww? Any symptoms? When are you gonna test?

How 'bout you other 2ww'ers?

Me, I'm just hanging out, waiting to O, thinking it might be gearing up to happen. Actually I'm hoping it's happening today. I've had serious ferning on my saliva microscope yesterday and today and definite eggwhite too. Oh please, oh please, oh please!! I'll find my chart link and post it though at this point it's not much to see. Maybe tomorrow- cross your fingers for me please.

#84 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 02:31 PM

Hi Claire! That dingbat Doctor woman, what does she know? Seriously, what did she base that idea on? Unless she has some superior knowledge, then I think, at this point, she is just plain wrong. 17.5 months is just not all that long (I mean it feels long to us, but it's normal). Do you remember Beth_TX? She was posting on here a few months ago. Her daughter was 22 months or so and she hadn't gotten AF back yet and was wanting to ttc. Finally around 22 months she got AF and conceived on her second cycle, without weaning. So poo on Dr. Dingbat! It will be interesting to see what the blood tests show though, huh? I hope you are feeling peaceful and well. I've been thinking of you.

Ann, how far are you into the 2ww? Any symptoms? When are you gonna test?

How 'bout you other 2ww'ers?

Me, I'm just hanging out, waiting to O, thinking it might be gearing up to happen. Actually I'm hoping it's happening today. I've had serious ferning on my saliva microscope yesterday and today and definite eggwhite too. Oh please, oh please, oh please!! I'll find my chart link and post it though at this point it's not much to see. Maybe tomorrow- cross your fingers for me please.

#85 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 02:45 PM

Hey Claire-I would be really surprised if weaning was necessary to conceive. Cutting back may be necessary but weaning is not usually necessary (but there are cases of course) Just hope it's not the case with you! Hopefully your tests will confirm!

Chrissy, only 7dpo here and just ordered some preg tests from babywishes. Will probably get on Wed (9dpo) and will have to force myself to resist until at least Friday. We'll see. I'm trying not to over analyze symptoms but man have I been moody these past 3 days-I even barked at my Dh to "shut up" yesterday and that NEVER happens here. I've yelled at my DS twice this am for little reason too. Then a friend called today to say they delivered a boy at 4am this morning and I starting crying. A little nauseaus last night but OK today. So not getting too worked up but will probably bust a vein if AF shows up in the next day or 2 (showed at 8dpo last month).

Just hoping this progesterone works!!!

So just hanging out a few more days....
Ann

#86 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 04:07 PM

Chrissy, I am so hopeful that you are gonna make over the top and finally O this time. Want me to give you a tiny little push, ever so gently?

Oceanone, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you going through that makes me want to take a cue from the hard-core UC'ers and forgo all future pregnancy tests. I agree with the others that sometimes it just stinks when you know too much information. Well, you know we are all thinking about you and sharing your misery and hoping for a better outcome next time.

Claire. So how many toddlers has your doctor nursed? Um-hmm, okay, none? Right. And what does she care if your precious boy has to stop nursing? Oh, she doesn't care? Sure, okay, got it. Oh, and she had been reading what research? Wait, there really isn't any...Huh. Gee. I don't know, but I think you may be onto something with that idea of seeking another opinion.

Also, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but you WILL get your fertility back. It WILL happen. I never thought it would take me half this long to get mine back. I was ready when ds was 15 mos. (well, really I was ready about 1w pp ). Hopefully it won't be that long for you. But even if it is...well, maybe there is a reason. Everyone gave me lots of encouragement, Enjoy the one you have right now, You could wean and still not get pg, You have plenty of time (Ha! that's easy for them to say! who knows how many more I may want, and I'm already 32!)...none of them made it easier to wait. Heck, here I've had 2 ppaf's and I'm still sooo frustrated some days because they aren't right yet. Plus I'm still not pg! Wait, wasn't I supposed to be encouraging you? Oh yeah. The thing is is that it sucks but we're here feeling you and you will get through the wait. And the up side is that you may end up having a little helper by the time you have the next babe. Even if I got pg today my little fella would be very close to 3 which is practically grown up! Which, now that the bulk of my wait is hopefully behind me, I must say will be a lot easier than if I'd gotten pg at 15 mos. (or 1 week!).

jc_cat, congrats! I'd also like to thank you on behalf of the entire group of nursing mamas ttc for taking our plight to heart and doing your part to give us all some hope to hang onto!

Hope everyone else is doing okay and doing their part to give us reason to celebrate!

Tracy

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#87 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 06:11 PM

Hi all

I just popped by, mostly to check on Chrissy (I felt so sure she would be the first to get pg here! She is a very big reason why I got pg when I did and I thought all that good kharma would make her get pg for sure!). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. It's so hard to wait--so many of you are having to wait much longer than I did. Anyway, good luck and baby dust to all!

peace, Beth
#88 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 06:57 PM

Oceanone, I'm so sorry. Try to treat yourself a little if you can.
#89 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jc_cat
Well i tried to wait...really, I did! But when I saw my temp jump this morning, I broke down and tested and guess what I saw...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really really shocked, completely thrilled but shocked!! I had been feeling all week but didn't really think it was related b/c I didn't start feeling nauseous with my dd until around 8 wks.

I'm really kind of speechless...
Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!
#90 of 216 Old 05-12-2003, 08:14 PM

Can I just say that you mama's all rock?

Honestly, I've never seen a group of such supportive and wonderful people. I hope everyone can give themselves a big ole hug for me!

Oceanone

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page