Nursing Mamas TTC in MAY - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 216 Old 05-15-2003, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is from Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Years:

"ovulation is controlled by light. Leave a light on in your bedroom for three nights midway through your menstrual cycle; all other nights keep the room in total darkness. You will ovulate when the light is on. Have intercourse during the three "light" nights if you want to conceive."

This is called lunaception.

#122 of 216 Old 05-16-2003, 01:31 PM

owensmom, i liked your song! lunaception, huh? interesting.

julie, hope that AF stays away and you get your bfp soon soon soon!

tracy, hope you're nice and slimy today! that would be great to ovulate pretty early in your cycle.

oceanone, it took me several days of forgetting before i finally became obsessed enough to never forget. i keep my thermometer in my pillowcase and i can never every feel it. i, however, am not a princess!

ann, hope you are still hanging in there.

jster, i am sorry about your lp too. gosh. thank you for your words about my friend. i think she just cannot/does not understand how important nursing is to me and noah so she just doesn't get why i don't just wean him already and get on with it. oh well.

so, now i'm thinking maybe no egg for me after all. today my temp was 97.8 which is where my coverline is, so i did get a coverline, but who knows? i am trying to be fine with this, but I must admit I am more than a little bit . I know for sure that my body was trying to ovulate, especially since my microscope showed tons and tons of ferns that have gradually gone down to no ferns. So i know i was producing estrogen but i'm thinking maybe i just didn't reach the threshold necessary to let that egg go. ah well, there's still a chance, and if not, there's always next time. right?

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#123 of 216 Old 05-16-2003, 02:31 PM

Bummer, Chrissy. Darn temps. Maybe we need to take a leaf out of Adina's book, but instead of chanting "I am pregnant", we can chant

I am patient
I am patient
I am patient
I am patient
I am patient

About your friend. How come friends think it's ok to be SO unsupportive? I mean it's not her nursling, it's not her body. What has she got to lose by just being a friend, rather than throwing about flippant advice.
How often do you have to see this friend? I might seriously be considering cutting down on that because it may not be what you need right now. I have a friend like this too. I love her dearly and we have a long history. Every now and then she will come out with a doozy and it just makes me wonder. Usually it's something quite hurtful and I never really say anything to her about it, but I will have to at some time.

Owensmom. The idea about light induced O is an interesting one. I have heard it before. Funny about being called luna conception though. It must have been the time we went to bed, or else the stage of the moon last night - there was a huge puddle of moonlight on my sons bed (pushed up next to ours on the floor) right next to me. I couldn't sleep with it there. For some reason it really annoyed me. I couldn't get the curtain to block it. I lay awake tossing & turning until eventually the moon moved around. I really am a princess about my sleeping (but nothing else, honest!) So I won't be the one testing this theory.

Tracy, thanks for the info on temping. I decided to give it a go this morning although I had been wakeful and dozing for a bit. I actually remembered and I actually took it. I put it into a FF, which I just created this morning. It's a start, right?

Good luck Julie & all the mamas in the 2ww and eggie vibes to all the rest of us.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#124 of 216 Old 05-16-2003, 05:13 PM

Would y'all be interested in starting a new thread again? This one takes forever to load. Jster, would you be willing to move everyones' info to start a new one?

Just an idea. If everyone prefers to keep it tidy and all one month together, that's totally fine.

Tracy

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#125 of 216 Old 05-16-2003, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Geez, I can't believe we're up to 5 pages in 2 weeks! Maybe we need to have 2 threads per month??

No news from me, Ovacue keeps saying unknown fertility. I can't tell if it's because I'm not Oing, or if I'm doing something wrong or if the darn thing is just broken I'm leaning toward me not Oing, which I don't like but it's better than the $400 computer being broken : I just don't want another 125 day cycle (is there a foot stomping smilie around here?!)

I gotta go, I'm posting from my parent's computer while my car is in the shop and their tiny Mac keyboard makes me crazy!

to all!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#126 of 216 Old 05-17-2003, 03:33 AM

Ok, so that last post about the unknown fertility thing, ignore that! I hadn't inputted my readings from the past 2 days into my OvaCue software or looked at the caclulate fertility thing cause it was pissing me off to keep seeing all those blank squares. Well, I just took a vaginal reading (sorry if TMI) and there was some EWCM on the tip of the sensor thingy. So I typed in all the new info and BINGO! Wed and today marked highest possible fertility!! WOO-HOO!

It tells you when you O a day or so before it happens; first you get a high oral reading that says your body is starting the ripening process and then about 5 or 6 days after that you get a low vaginal reading. The lowest reading marks start of O and when there are 2 higher readings after, it means you have Oed. So I had my high oral on Sat and now I have a low vag. reading (and some O cramping) and now I see if the next 2 are higher. And then start the Progesterone creme super quick to fend off the nasty PMS monster as I wait for to show up.

And then next month I know what to look for and we get to really try and make a baby I'm so excited that I actually called DH to come home right NOW (he's hanging out w/ friends tonight) and he said "I thought you didn't want to try this cycle?!?" Well, I don't really but I'm ovulating and you don't argue with a horny ovulating woman, KWIM ? !

OK, that's my share for the day. Mucho and Eggie dreams to all!!

#127 of 216 Old 05-17-2003, 08:22 AM

Yippee for you Robin! I'm just shocked that your DH actually had to question it when you called!: Mine would say "see ya guys!" LOL I hope this brings you quick success!

Well we have cramps today so not happy about that-just wanting AF to hurry up and finish so we can get on to the Oing-ya know!

Take care! Busy weekend for me so talk to ya all next week.
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#128 of 216 Old 05-17-2003, 11:34 AM

Yay Rubelin!!

Tracy, I agree about starting a new thread.

I am bummed. Major bummed. No f&%^ing O! Today my temp was normal and FF took away my coverline. This is so hard.

#129 of 216 Old 05-17-2003, 03:51 PM

I'm not sure if I posted here this month or not - I have been out of town and have ot even attempted to catch up on this thread yet!

I am 5 dpo as of today and having no PS whatsoever (unless you count the two pg dreams I had in the past few days). B/C DH and I were only able to BD 2 days before O I doubt I'll be seeing a BFP next week anyhow!

I started taking B-6 (50 mg) this cycle to help lengthen my usual 10-day LP so it will be exciting to see if it worked (and even more exciting if I had a 9+ month "LP")

Good luck to everyone and I hope to catch up by June!!!
#130 of 216 Old 05-18-2003, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Yea Robin!! I've been wondering where you were, and was just about to post a APB on you!! Good luck on o'ing, maybe you won't even have to wait until next month, huh? Sounds like an interesting if complicated machine, if you don't mind my asking, what exactly is it testing? Temperature, some samples of fluids??

Sorry to hear about your confusion, Chrissy...I was a little worried that it might not be o because your potentially post-o temps were still in the earlier chart's pre-o range....and I was afraid that you'd run into the same problem that Sparklin did... I hate to be a downer, but it might be good to keep in mind that temps are really only a good retroactive indicator...they tell you what happened once you get to the end of your cycle, but it's not good (for the sanity, that's for sure!) to watch them as they go along and try and figure out what's happening... I'm speaking from experience here, in my first pp cycle I was so *sure* my temps said I was pregnant, even though I didn't have symptoms and the tests were all negative, that I made myself a nervous wreck...Now I'm doing the opk thing, and it really makes my life so much easier. I'm not even going to temp much, just a few days around o and then I usually end up testing more in the lp (not exactly a two week wait, I'm lucky if it gets to a one week wait ) Anyways, my usual ramblings...but lots of hugs, cause I know it's no fun to be taunted by your very own body!!

Laurie, welcome back!! I'm not sure if I got you on the first message of the group, but I'm trying to keep it updated with everyone's info. I'll try to get you on there... good luck on the long lp thing!!! b6 seems to work wonders for some, I'm hoping it will help me more this cycle than it did last!

Tracy, (and everyone) if you want, I can make a new thread, or anyone could really and just be the record keeper. I kind of like to have it all together, just because it doesn't seem like it takes more time or effort when I'm looking at it, and the historian in me thinks that whatever worth this has as a recording of our experience is nice to have all together...but if a couple more people could give their opinions I can go ahead and make a new thread, or we'll just keep this one until June 1st...

Not much going on here, AF is finally gone and I'm feeling a little more hopeful. I have experienced the shrinking boobs the last few days, not sure what it might mean because DD is nursing a ton...I wish I had the willpower to wean her a bit, maybe just at night...sigh...
#131 of 216 Old 05-18-2003, 08:52 AM

Thanks, Jennifer! I looked back to the 1st post and I was there. I just need to be moved to Waiting for answers from DPO land (I am 6 dpo today).

My vote is to go ahead and have a second thread as this one is so long. Then maybe we could do one for the 1st-15th of June and another for the 16th-30th. Or we could do one weekly. Shorter threads are always easier to read and keep up with IMO.
#132 of 216 Old 05-18-2003, 11:10 AM

Hi fellow TTC mamas,

I want you to know that the only reason I'm so quiet on this thread is because I have a horrible time posting. The dial-up connection I have at my house is awful and my computer always times out. I am thinking of everyone though!

This thread is getting long and it's hard to keep up. I agree that maybe we could split the thread into two parts as chie96 suggested. It's a good idea.

Well, here's my update. I'm 11dpo and AF should be due on Thursday as my last two cycles my LP was 14 days. I've been pretty sane and trying not to think about the wait. However, every little thing that happens I think(hope) that it's a pg symptom. My DH is no help either as he's doing the same thing. I've been feeling slightly queasy and gotten dizzy a few times and every time I mention that he says,"You're so pg." Yesterday I had not eaten all day because we were out and by evening I was feeling sick I was so hungry and on the drive home he was chanting "You are pg, you are pg." Cute but at the same time I wish he wouldn't because I don't want him (and me) to be too disappointed if I'm not. So it's more DH that is impatient and driving me buggy about the wait. He's rubbing off on me. :

SO I couldn't help it and I took a test today. DH doesn't know cause he's mowing the grass. Well, I have a very faint positive. It is very faint though. So I'm really hoping I'm not seeing things!!!!! I'm not showing DH as I don't want him to find out by a pg test. I'm being sneaky.

How many days should I wait to test again? The same thing happened with DS. I took a test and it was so faint that my hubby didn't believe it. Two days later I tested again and it was bold positive. I'll try to wait until Thursday cause that's when AF is due. I'm all giddy now thinking I *really* could be. Now that I've seen the faint + I'm allowing myself to think that maybe I am. I'm so afraid of disappointment. So here's to lots of
#133 of 216 Old 05-18-2003, 11:59 AM

Vanessa,

Congratulations!!!!!

I would test tomorrow first thing. You may get a stronger line then. Have fun telling your hubby! Let us know how it goes!
#134 of 216 Old 05-18-2003, 12:38 PM

Chrissy, sorry about the no O.
We are here for you so come and vent to us anytime...

Vanessa, I really think congratulations are in order. I hope you get your beautiful dark positive line on your next test...

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#135 of 216 Old 05-18-2003, 02:28 PM

Vanessa - I also agree that ~C~O~N~G~R~A~T~U~L~A~T~I~O~N~S~ are in order!

With DD I tested a very, very faint positive at 11 dpo (with FMU). At 12 dpo I tested in the evening and got a much darker positive within a minute. At 13 dpo I got a bold positive immediately. Try again tomorrrow and let us know what happens - and how you tell DH!!!
#136 of 216 Old 05-18-2003, 02:32 PM

((Chrissy)) I'm sorry about your temp And I hope it didn't feel worse after my post! Remind me again how long you've been getting PPAF?? Maybe you're body is taking it's time choosing just the perfect little eggie

WOO-HOO Vanessa!! !! You know what they say.. A line is a line!! Test again first thing tomorrow (or as long as you hold the pee in ) and I'll bet it shows up much darker!

Jster, thanx! The OvaCue measures electrolytes in your saliva and then some level in your CM(I'm not sure what exactly for that part). Basically, your body releases a whole bunch of stuff (sodium, potassium) at the start of the egg ripening period; it shows up in your blood first, then your saliva, then in urine. The surge shows up in your saliva about a week before O as opposed to a day or 2 before with OPK's, so you get lots of time to plan BDing. Then the vaginal reading confirms that O is really happening with a dip the day before and then a rise on the O day. My readings looked all confusing and up and down for the first week or 2 and I was starting to think it was too nebulous, like BBTemping looks sometimes, but then the "cue Peak" was really obvious. You don't have to do the vag. readings, the cue peak would be enough info for most. Since I wasn't sure I was Oing or not, I wanted that extra info.

I think it would be cool to jsut have one thread a month, but I also think we might be too chatty for that, lol!

#137 of 216 Old 05-18-2003, 10:17 PM

Vanessa, !! Congratulations! I hope you've had a wonderful day letting it all sink in.

Jennifer, I know what you mean about the temps. That has happened to me before but this time I felt so confident because I am using a saliva microscope and had tons and tons of very clear ferns on the days that corresponded with my fertile cm, tender nipples, and then the temp rise later. So, who knows. My temp is back up today but I'm not sure what's going on. I am glad you are feeling more hopeful and I'm hoping that our current round of BFP's includes you this cycle!

Laurie, 2 days pre-O is still pretty good timing. Hoping this is your month. When do you plan to test?

Robin, unfortunately I have had ZERO ppaf's! I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting.... Noah is 18 months old. Your good news did not make me feel worse at all. I am so very happy for you! So are you 1dpo now? Did you end up trying this month after all or no?

Claire, if you're checking in on us, I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and hoping you come back to join us soon!

Oceanone, thanks for the support. You guys really mean the world to me. The "friend" who is so insensitive is my next door neighbor and her daughter is a month older than Noah. I spend tons of time with her because Noah loves playing with her daughter. I think next time she says something I will just try to make it clear that she is being really insensitive/rude.

Ann, how are you doing? Feeling any better yet?

Tracy, how bout you? What's going on with your fertility, lady?

Julie, what's going on with you?

Phew, we are a busy bunch.

#138 of 216 Old 05-19-2003, 09:30 AM

Thanks for all the positive vibes. Although you guys seem to be convinced I'm not quite. I'm afraid I'm seeing the line because I want to see it. KWIM? I tested again this morning and the line is still so faint. I don't know if I can say it's darker than yesterday. Maybe. It's just so faint. But I see it...or do I? Yes, I see it. UGH!!!! I need a second opinion. I wish you guys could just run over here to my house and take a good look and tell me if you see the line.

This is driving me

I'm thinking of calling my FP for a blood test. I don't know. I want my next pg to be absolutely intervention free(unless necessary of course) and it seems like a bad omen to start off a pg with a painful (so I'm a whimp) test. Do you guys think that would be a bad start towards my VBAC?

I wish I could just say "well, I'll just wait a couple more days." I'm making myself crazy wondering. All day yesterday it was on my mind, and I kept sneaking back into the bathroom, digging in the garbage to look at the test over and over. : I'm pathetic! I know that if any one of you said you saw a faint line, no matter how faint, I'd say "Yippe you're pg!" Since it's me though I'm second guessing and not so sure. :

I want to see a BFP! But I guess I can say at least I'm not seeing a BFN. I'm sorry for rambling and whining. I'll let you guys know what I end up doing.
#139 of 216 Old 05-19-2003, 01:25 PM

Hang in there Vanessa! I think many of us have been in the same boat as you and can totally understand the doubt and craziness in wanting to know for sure! If you can stand to wait another 2 days I'd test again. If you just don't think you can-I'm not sure I could-then go ahead and get the blood test! It's not a bad start at all-in fact, you'd probably have to get one anyway if you're using a dr at all.
So go for it and put your mind at ease.
I can't say to take it easy and relax because I know it's impossible until you know for sure.
BUT-try to not stress yourself too badly Take a deep breath!
I'm sending you lots of +++++ vibes!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#140 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 12:37 AM

((Vanessa)) I totally understand. Aren't we so silly that we notice every tiny symptom and then when there's an actual in our faces, we don't believe it Are there any free clinics near you that could do a urine test?? They usually have really sensitive tests and you wouldn't have to decypher the line yourself or do a blood test. Even the Dr's office will usually only get a blood test if the urine one comes up neg, so you could just go in saying you're late and have them test.

Well, I guess I'm in the 2ww, though I'm more waiting for than for a I started my prog. cream tonight, been feeling oh-so-hormonal

Chrissy, I know that annoyance! I guess it was a little easier for me cause I figured most of the no-AF was from the Depo getting out of my system, but it still sucks to wait around for her to return. I also didn't want to get preg before Ben was close to 3, so she had a lot of time to show up.

I hope everyone is doing well this week. I have to go over to the @ww and check on Adina

#141 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 02:30 AM

Just checking in for a quick minute (it's 1:15am, for heaven's sake!) to say, "AGGGGHHHH!"

Okay, I don't have any real reason to complain, just the same general frustration as everyone else in this group. I'm cd16 (17? I'm trying not to keep up too much) and I've been having EWCM, but not that much, the past 2 days. And yesterday and today <<WARNING>> <TMI to follow> it seemed almost more like seminal fluid than EW. Fine, you say, then that's what it is...right? Well, maybe, I guess, but it's been 3 days since last we...met. I can't believe I'm having trouble with this basic TCOYF stuff, but I usually don't check CM the day after bd'ing, so I'm not sure about what I'm seeing. Plus, 3 days?? That just doesn't seem right. I can't remember having this experience before. What the heck?

I have been having o pain and frequent urination (an O sign for me I've discovered), but I don't think I'm making it over the hormone hump just yet this cycle.

Let's all cross fingers for good O'ing this weekend. We are going camping again (O'd during last camping trip, I think) and if I got pg I would be due pretty much on my birthday.

Tracy

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#142 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Vanessa!!! Sorry I haven't gotton a chance to post yet, but major congratulations are in order!!! And don't worry too much about the faintness of the line...I've heard of people testing at 2-3 months pregnant and still only getting a faint line, it has to do with a lot more than just hcg level, I think. I would also suggest going to your doctor for a urine test, and let them decide It's always easier to have someone else back you up!

Tracy, I know what you mean about confusing cm. I've had that problem the last few cycles, and I'm just never quite sure if its sf or ew...It's so funny, too, because when we were ttc the first time it was always so easy to tell the difference!! I'm guessing that the problem is just general dryness...

Yea Robin on being officially in the 2ww!! Do you have an anticipated test date?

OK, my turn...can I just say I love my daughter???? She is 22 months old now, and she's all into being a big girl...she denies being a baby and wants to be called a kid. All this from a munchkin still in 18month clothes (petite!!!) She pooped in the potty last week, and she's been really interested in being diaper free...but even when she's wearing diapers, she tries to help out in the diaper changes by holding her legs way back It's so funny to see, and she gets so into it that she doesn't want to put her legs down for me to fasten on the new diaper... And I've been wanting to night wean but not wanting to deal with the struggle/crying, right?? So I've been talking to her about it, and saying that I needed more sleep, and that if we want a baby we probably need to nurse less often. The night before last, as we were laying in bed, I asked her if she could try not to nurse at night to let Mama get her sleep...and when she woke up in the middle of the night, she just asked for water!! Same last night!! I am so happy, and proud, and just overwhelmed with love for this darling, wonderful girl...it's funny, because we've had a lot of independence struggles, but lately I've found lots of great ways to tap into her new desire to do things on her own. So instead of wrestling her into her carseat, I let her climb in "all by herself" and she's more than happy to do it!!

This also makes me think that it's probably been good to have this extra time JUST with Peri. If I'd been able to ttc when I wanted to, I'd be having a baby either now or in the next few months, and I'm sure that I wouldn't have all these precious moments of enjoying Peri growing up. So that's something for all of you to keep in mind, too...just love those kids!! They are so wonderful!!

Ok, gush is over, sorry my messages are always so long BTW, I just don't have the time to switch us over to a new thread right now...I have to study for a one-week intensive family day care class...as of this summer, I will be with Peri full time, yea!!
#143 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 09:20 AM

Thank you so much for everyone's positive vibes and good thoughts. I appreciate all the support I received from all of you listening to the ravings of a crazy woman. Turns out you guys were right on.

This morning there was an unmistakable !!
It's not a BFP but it is too dark to be in denial anymore.

So now my head has to admit what my heart knew, and what you guys knew. I'm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited and a bit nervous. I can't believe it happened so fast. It took 10 months to conceive my DS. This was the first cycle we actually timed BD. I never ever thought it'd click the first attempt. I'm so happy and can't wait to tell DH. He has class after work tonight so he won't be home until 9:30 tonight and will be tired. I don't think I can wait another day though. I'll post tomorrow and let you know how he takes the news.

Thanks again to everyone. I'm thinking thoughts for myself(and for our other pg mamas) and to you all. I'll keep coming here because I can't stay away. I hope to see lots of BFPs from all of you soon, and here's to lots of sticky babes!
#144 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 09:35 AM

I just wanted to give some encouragement for everyone. I too wanted a baby from the time DS was about 15 months old. I waited and waited for my first PPAF. I thought I'd have to wait until he was weaned completely. One by one my friends in LLL were getting AF and I wasn't. When DS turned 24 months I got my first PPAF and it caught me by complete surprise. That was at the end of Jan.

I also wanted to say that I did not notice a lot of CM when I was Oing. I noticed increased fluid but it was not EW strecthy so I didn't really have high hopes. I also took an OPK to confirm. So even with minimal detecable EWCM I still caught that little egg.

I thought it would be forever before I was pg again. As it turns out the time flew by until I got my PPAF and I got pg even though CM was scant.

Nursing mamas can get pg too!
#145 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 09:41 AM

Vanessa!!! I am so happy for you!! Best of luck and have fun telling dh!

As for me, I am in the 2ww, except we were avoiding ttc this month because I suspect a bacterial infection (I have an appointment tomorrow). However, I am surprised by another o on cd11. After 4 cycles of 35+ days, the past few have been less than 30, which is good. I have been taking B-complex this month and hope for a longer LP (have been 8-10 days). I also drank green tea for general health plus hinking it would hurt having better ewcm, but I am not even sure I saw ewcm this month when usually it is really good and noticable.

Keep on chugging everyone!
#146 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanessa
[B

Nursing mamas can get pg too! [/B]
Vanessa, I am so happy for you! Huge congratulations.

Thanks for all your encouragement. It helps a lot.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#147 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 11:59 AM

Coleslaw. I think the green tea is very worthwhile. At the very least it is healthful and hydrating. I drank literally piles of green tea before getting pregnant with my son and I always had heaps of ewcm. I never connected it at the time though. Now I am drinking red raspberry leaf tea and regular tea which I really enjoy and haven't got much room left for the green stuff.

Jennifer, I really enjoyed the stories about your daughter. My boy is only 1 month younger than her and I know exactly what you mean. Every day he is more of a little treasure. I love that I can communicate with him so much more effectively and I don't regret one minute that I had the time to lavish my attention and affection on him.

Tracy, I have my fingers crossed for you o'ing. I highly doubt that was seminal fluid after three days. Sounds like something is on the move down there. Hooray!

Rube, so now that means you are only one month away from trying for a , right!

I am approaching o right now, but I am sitting this one out. I just feel so relaxed that I won't be dealing with it this month. I suppose it is a bit silly, and I am letting a perfectly good month go by, but you know, after what happened last month, I can just feel the stress melting away. We are literally not even going to try so there won't be the slightest chance. But next month, watch out! I will be back writing about all my symptoms and woes.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#148 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 12:10 PM

I am sooo cautious in writing this....but DH is in Israel until Friday and I have to share with someone! I haven't posted about this before becuase I was too nervous and now I am even more so and I have to lean on you guys.
Last Thurs I reported that AF reared her ugly head at 9dpo and it was too much to be implantation or anything. It really was a moderate amt and bright red so I had no doubts.
WELL>>>>>>>>it stopped of Friday!:
So nothing on Fri, Sat or Sun. I just started the progesterone this cycle and thought this was messing me up and really delaying AF. My temps were not high but not below coverline either-barely.
So I kept thinking I was just messed up.
I was at my SIL on Monday and she said-you have got to test!!!
I had ordered some tests in the mail that were due last week but had not come or I would have tested at home in the am.
BUT guess what?
It was faint but it was there! I just stared at it forever.

Now normally I would be thrilled (I am) but this am I woke up spotting. It's not bright red-more reddish brown. So I am so scared it won't hang on.

I'm trying to think positive but with 2 m/c you guys know how easy it is to doubt our bodies! I'm not going to tell DH when he calls-just waiting until Friday and hopefully all will be well

So wish me luck as I do to all of you!!!!!!
Ann

#149 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 12:21 PM

Ann, OMG, that is totally fantastic news. Congratulations!

I can really understand why you didn't say anything. So many people do bleed though, early in pregnancy.

I am hoping and wishing for a for you guys. The stress must be so high for you right now. Try to relax and enjoy a little. Easier said than done, I know!!!

Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck. Burrow in there little one....

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#150 of 216 Old 05-20-2003, 12:33 PM

Wow! So much new stuff in just one day!

Ann and Vanessa - I am so happy for you both!!! Sticky, wonderful baby thoughts to you both, and have fun telling you dh's. Hoooooraaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!

Oceanone, good luck taking a break - enjoy a stress free month!!!

Can anyone recommend a green tea that is tasty? I'm not too fond of it, and it seems like I can't find one that doesn't taste fishy to me. Blech!

Vanessa, thanks for your wonderful words of encouragement!!! PPAF at 24 months - wow! Here's hoping mine decides to come a little earlier than that, but at 16.5 months so far, I'm starting to doubt it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page