Nursing Mamas TTC in MAY - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2003, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Ann, to you! I hope the weekend flies by and you get great news from your next blood test. I will be thinking of you all the time. More .

Chie, congrats! What great news!

Oceanone, I hope this month of not even having to wonder helps you and gives you some peace. It sounds like a good idea to me.

Tracy, fingers, toes, and all other parts are so crossed that your egg came and dh's sperm got 'em!

Robin, darn confusing high tech thingies! Probably a good thing that you are learning to use it this month so next month when you are really ready to start trying you'll be a pro!

Babe calls...

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2003, 11:07 AM

Chie96, Yippee!!!

That is super news! And while you're visiting family, too! Did you tell them or is it a secret for now?

Okay, girls, I need you help. The good news is that I got a coverline! Jster, move me up on the list, I'm officially "dpo". My question is this--today is my second day of high temp so I thought I would see a coverline tomorrow. I am sure I O'd on Thursday, but FF has me O'ing on Wednesday. I'd post a link for y'all to look at it, but someone must tell me what URL to use, since I don't want to use the screen I look at after I've logged on, do I? Anyway I thought the coverline was chosen after three consecutively high temps, temps higher than any previously seen in the cycle. Am I wrong? I know, I know, I should get my copy of TCYOF back from my brother's girlfriend. She doesn't need it as desparately as I!

Well, off to camping. I'll be back Monday night. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tracy

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
Old 05-24-2003, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

(((Ann))), Hugs for the confusion and stress! I know that it's so hard to know what is going on...but is there any way that their test could be wrong?? I know, not the sort of thing that people would ever admit to...but every once in a while science goes awry. I hope that this is the case with you!!

Laurie YEA!!
I'll get you moved on over to the "Expecting" slot, big congrats and keep us updated? Do you mind sharing the details when you get a chance...any symptoms, how many dpo were you when you tested, etc...and of course, how your family reacted!

Tracy, great to hear about your big eggie!! If I remember correctly, FF won't give you a coverline until 3 consecutive high temps...but sometimes they will earlier IF you have strong indications you o'd earlier, especially a test of some sort. If so, that's maybe why FF was kinda on the lookout for your o, but you can always override later if you want to. And to share your chart with us, this is what you do. When you are looking at the blue screen after you log in, there is a link in the left hand column called home page. Click there, and add any text you want and click "generate home page." Then the link you share with us is on the top of that "home page" page...and it's kinda confusing because they don't actually show it to you as your home page and you can't actually follow the link in their form, so you have to cut and past...Let me know if it still seems confusing.

Oceonone, that sounds like a good long nursing break to me!! Here's hoping it works wonders!

Robin, sorry that science is baffling you, too...but maybe it'll all make more sense at the end of the cycle?? URRGGHHH, so when do ttc women get granted omnipotence, I'm sure waiting for mine!!

Claire, thanks for sharing those LLL nursing and ttc links, I found the info really helpful!

Sorry I haven't posted much in the last few days, my dumb cat spilled water on my keyboard and it hasn't been working. I'm down in the DH dungeon now (aka his basement office) which is okay I guess. Peri has been doing a great job with night-weaning, she settles down quickly when she wakes up and usually water and snuggles solves things easily. Last night, though, she almost made me think she was going to go to sleep w/o nursing...and I was quaking!! It's one thing for me to encourage my baby to grow up, it's another for her not to need ME!! I'm the mama, right?!?! Anyways, got a few more days at least until o, I think I'll start taking opks in three more days or so, unless cm starts looking good. This month has been pretty relaxed so far (after getting AF early, anyway), so hopefully that will continue. Best of luck to everyone, and I'll try to get the first message updated!
Old 05-25-2003, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Laurie!! Woo-Hoo!! Congrats! I want to hear the details, too!

Well, I feel that I'm past O, sort of crampy and tender and all. This is a rotten 2ww since I don't know when the wait started. I'm thinking it was Tues or Wed, but I probably won't be able to figure it out until AF arrives and I can look back at the chart. Of course if AF doesn't show, I'm not sure when I'll test. I should get a pack of cheap dip stick tests so that I don't break the bank with my obsessing :

Hugs and eggie dreams to all!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
Old 05-25-2003, 04:20 PM

Well, back from camping a day early. We got SERIOUSLY rained out--we're talking monsoon! ha! 20% chance or rain my behind! But don't think that after only about 5 hours of so-called sleep and nearly floating away in a leaky tent that I didn't still take my temperature this morning!

So, here's my FF link. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fd1e
You guys will have to check it out. I looked at it by "previewing" but, as I've mentioned before I can't see charts displayed on home pages from FF. :

Anyway, it corrected the O date today when I entered my new temp. It was showing day 18 as O date, but I really O'd on day 19, and now the chart reflects that. I don't understand, but then again I do not desire having to use their services long enough to become an expert. So there!

Tracy

Old 05-25-2003, 08:53 PM

OK, I am finally coming to the realization that it is going to be a long time until I conceive unless dd spontaneously weans. AF showed up late last night (11:30pm to be exact) after a mere 18-day cycle. I went from 40 days last summer to 18 and everywhere in between. I gained 1/2 a day on my LP, but after taking 100mg of B6 this month, this is going to be a painfully slow process.

I imagined things so differently, but I am learning to come to terms with how things are actually going to be.

Tracy, hope you've dried off. Congrats on o-ing!

Have a great rest of a long weekend everyone!
Old 05-26-2003, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry about the goofy cycles Keri!! I was keeping tabs on your chart, and I almost couldn't believe the o was so early! I feel for you... I was also really disappointed in how b6 didn't do anything for me the first cycle, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it might help in the long run. It also made my cycle shorter (but only by two days) and it seemed to make my bleeding itself more normal (4 days normal, 2 faint spotting, as opposed to a total of 8 days spotting/bleeding/spotting from earlier cycles...) Is there any chance you could try for a nursing break of some sort...try to stretch out some time day or night when you minimize nursing? I know it's such a hard thing to consider, and I don't remember offhand whether you've already done night weaning, but maybe it would help you feel more in control. And the other thing is, maybe you could involve your DD in the process...does she ask for a little brother or sister? Could you persuade her to nightwean to help "make the baby" ( HA! I imagine non-ap/non co-sleeping people cringing at the thought...but it's best if familes are grown together, right?!?) Sigh, just some thoughts, for what they are worth...

Tracy, glad that you got your o, and that your camping experience wasn't, ah-hem, dry or anything...hope that it'll become one of those "for the memory books" experiences, perhaps it already is... "Remember when we went camping and it rained sooo much that our sleeping bags started floating around??"

Happy Memorial Day everyone!! Enjoy some time to yourself today to reflect on those people who have touched your life and passed on...Celebrate the journey!
Old 05-26-2003, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jster
Do you mind sharing the details when you get a chance...any symptoms, how many dpo were you when you tested, etc...and of course, how your family reacted!
Hello again, everyone! Thank you so much for the well-wishes and congrats. Here's what happened (it's pretty long-winded)...

DD and I were out of town from the 9th-25th visiting family. Dh was down for Mother's Day weekend and again for this past weekend. We knew I was going to O around CD 16 or CD 17, but the closest we could BD was CD 14. Since we only BD once I was for sure this cycle was a no-go

Last cycle I had every pregnancy symptom in the book and was not pg. This cycle I had relatively few symptoms: light cramping on CD 22-23 (implantation?) and a slight wave of nausea on CD 23. I was certain I was not pg and actually looking forward to a new cycle!

I had planned to wait until 14 dpo to test, fully assuming would have showed by then because my LP is usually 10 days; but on CD 27 (11 dpo) I had a huge wave of nausea in the morning and I decided to test sometime that day (I had to go buy a test). I still thought I wasn't pg, but I needed to see that so I could go on and enjoy my weekend without having al of the "what-ifs" that had started creeping into my head.

I had lunch with a friend and then ran to WalMart to buy a test. Just two hours after the last time I peed, I POAS (no one was home but I). Imagine my utter disbilief when before my 3 minutes were up I saw a faint-as-can-be second line I had to call the HPT hotline number just to confirm what I already knew - I was - lol. For anyone interested, here is my chart

Next I called my good friend and IM the friend who I had lunch with (she is due just weeks before I) to share the news, as I was bursting at the seams and had to tell someone! Within 30 minutes my Mom and DH came home. I yelled for DH to please come help me with something and as he came down the hall I practically shoved him in the bathroom and said I needed to show him something. Poor thing - he thought that he had left something out that the dog got a hold of! I was shaking and told him that I couldn't wait any longer and that I tested and that it was a . He was thrilled and just hugged me and hugged me.

Neither of us can keep a secret for longer than a second (case in point he already gave me an anniversary present a week before our anniversary) so we hastily wrapped up the HPT and gave it to my Mom (she thought it was a measuring spoon - lol).

My mom and I then ran out to a store where she had seen "I'm the Big Sister" t-shirts and we dressed DD in that for my Dad's arrival home. That evening we were to have dinner with my brother and SIL, and since I am due on my brother's birthday we chose to tell them as well. He was thrilled, especially since the pressure to produce another grandchild will be off he and his wife for a bit! We told the in-laws the following day in the same way (t-shirt).

If you read this far - thanks! I didn't realize how excited I still am over this all and just kept typing. to all of you in the 2ww and here's hoping we'll see a slew of very soon.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:37 PM

Laurie, what a great story!!! How wonderful for you and your family!!!

Jster, Thanks for the words of comfort. I haven't forced dd into any weaning because she has food issues and gets stomach issues as a result, which causes her to wake up wanted her comfort snuggles and I just can't bring myself to stop that form of comfort for her. We work so hard on keeping the offenders out of her symptoms, but it is so hard due to what they are (milk and corn derivatives). She gets so excited at the thought of being a "big girl" and not needing "snuggles" anymore someday, but isn't ready to do what it takes to get there yet. She notices characters in books going to sleep without snuggles and takes note with a smile, but when it comes time for her to do it, she gives me a sly grin and says not tonight. And there is no way in the middle of the night. Unfortunately. I will keep talking to her about it though, not just for a new baby, but for a decent night's sleep. She has talked about having a brother or sister, but only to get a bunk bed, like in the Berenstain Bears.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:53 PM

Laurie!!! Huge congratulations to you. Thanks for sharing your story. I was so excited for you too, reading along. Your story holds a lot of hope because of the only one time bding. It just goes to show, it's not how often you bd, it's the timing that is most important. Hope you have a fantastic nine month wait!

Coleslaw, sorry about your shorter than expected cycle. It sounds like you are doing so well by your daughter. I can totally understand not wanting to mess with that. She sounds like a real sweetheart too!

Tracy, your chart is looking great.

I am FINALLY successfully getting some temps into fertility friend. Here it is so far.

Oops, no, I will have to post it later. Something here is not working . Oh, well. I am still pre-o on day 16, as usual for me. This will be interesting really, to see the temperature shift. I am pretty much always 97.1. Maybe I am a robot or something.

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I knew the tests weren't wrong-I m/c on Sunday. I'm not done yet and just wish it would be done already. I hate the waiting.
I know it just wasn't meant to be so I grieved and made my peace with it. So I'm OK now and we're on to the next cycle of TTC-6 mos and counting.
Not sure if we'll really try this month or not-we'll see.
Lots of luck to the rest!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hugs, Ann! You're in my thoughts today...I'm glad you sound peaceful. Hope that you come to the ttc/tta decision easily!

Teri, thanks for re-sharing the info about your daughter. Sorry I'd forgotton...I also really think you've got a great thing going, and it sounds like all is well. But you never know what might happen...sometimes people conceive under the most unexpected conditions (and ttc and breastfeeding seems like it qualifies!) At least with charting you know that you're o'ing (and even in the really short cycle) so who knows?

Oceonone, Hey, I'm cd 15 so we're cycle buddies, almost!! I just started getting a light reading on my opk, so it'll be a few more days. I'm thinking I'll get the positive on cd 17 or 18, and o the next day...When do you expect the egg to drop?? Maybe if we get lucky we'd be due date buddies, too...

Laurie, thanks so much for sharing your story! How fun, and I know that as soon as we get a good result we'll shout it from the rooftops, too!

Again, have a great Memorial day everyone!
Old 05-26-2003, 11:00 PM

I'm so sorry Ann. I was thinking about you today too. I totally understand about the needing time thing. I'm glad you are ok & took some time to grieve.

Old 05-26-2003, 11:02 PM

Jennifer, I think I will O around CD 18-20 too. We are having a short one month break this month though, just for sanity's sake, so I am going to watch it go by. I thought it might be hard, but it isn't. Actually i am really enjoying the break. Yesterday I ate some blue, blue cheese and by the end of next week I will have eaten sushi and perhaps had a glass of wine. But best of all I am just not in the emotional roller coaster for this month, except for on behalf of you guys of course!!!

Old 05-27-2003, 01:32 AM

Ann, I am so sorry. I hope you don't mind if we all take a few minutes to grieve with you. Your loss was our loss too. Not to mention that we all know it could happen to any one of us as well.

I hope that your recovery is speedy.

Tracy

Old 05-27-2003, 09:05 AM

Ann, big to you. I am so sorry for your loss and hope that you take all the time you need before begining this journey again.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:42 PM

Ann....

Chie - Woohoo!!!

Still just pluggin' along... somewhere between 97.3 and 97.8 degrees!! : Time for my rrl and red clover tea...
Old 05-27-2003, 03:57 PM

I ovulated!! I'm not pregnant but here I am at 14 dpo with a yeast infection and spotting! A few days ago I felt sure I was pregnant but 5 BFN's later I finally believe I'm not. I'm not even sad, just so happy that I'm getting back on track!! So now when our new thread is started I can be in the waiting to O group!

Ann, I have been thinking of you lots lately. Just wanted you to know.

Owensmom, woo hoo! You go lady, catch that first egg!

Tracy, how are you dpo lady? My everything is crossed that you've got yourself a bun in the oven as we speak (er, type).

Oceanone, how are you? Are you just hangin out drinking champagne and eating brie all this month?

Jster/Jennifer, I bet you're busy bd'ing like crazy!

Keri, you are an awesome mama!

Robin, are you hanging in there in ??dpo land?

Bye for now,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 05-27-2003, 08:11 PM

Ann, you are in our thoughts and hearts. Take as much time as you need and if there is anything we can do, just ask. Blessings to you and your family.

Chrissy -- You're in the red tent! You're a woman! You're menstruating!!! I think you're cool! Did you really start to flow yet or just spotting? Can you sent AF my way next?

Here's the scoop on me. Still no PPAF. I got my hormone test results back and my not-nursing friendly Doc said that my levels look very normal for a non-nursing woman. Meaning? Though I am still nursing, my hormones seem to have become pre-pregnancy/pre-nursing level again. Woo-hoo! She still said, go ahead and wean. Hmph! I told her I don't intend on weaning my son until he's ready. She said, "Well, it's a choice between prolonged Bfing or pregnancy." Uh, what an uneducated Dr. I wonder what else she doesn't know about.

My plan is to wait things out until July. If no AF by then, we'll attempt night-weaning. I'm taking Vitex drops when I can stand it and natural progesterone for two weeks on, two weeks off.

Best wishes!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:34 AM

Ann, I hope you're doing better today and that you're body is recovering. Lots of love and hugs to you!!

Chrissy, woo-hoo!! Doesn't it feel a bit odd to be happy to see spotting? The elation did go away a couple of days into Af when I remembered why I liked not seeing her for so long. I am now so anxious to be preggo so she'll go away again. She had her moment of glory, now "Buh-Bye"

Claire, have you considered finding a new Dr or do you just go to her and not pay much attention to her opinions?? I send you lots of vibes, may she stop by for a visit soon!

I'm hanging in at 7dpo (I think) My Ovacue chart is funky and it looks like I might have O'd this weekend again!. It must be a PP or Depo or nursing thing, cause it doesn't look like any of the sample charts I can find. It's now giving me 2 possible high fertility days, last week and now this, and it changes if I change my cycle length so who knows?:

I am OF COURSE getting preggo symptoms; my nips feel like they're being rubbed with sandpaper and my abdomen is so tender and I'm craving salad. I get none of that with typical PMS, in fact, DH asked what I wanted for dinner last night and I told him I was having pms/preggo cravings and he said, oh, you want cookies for dinner? and was a little shocked that I wanted salad. Ben got pukey sick this weekend and was nursing SO much I thought I would die! Why did he pick the weekend I've got hormonal boobs to be sick?? Anyway, I've got one EPT around here so I'll test in about a week if no AF. Ben turns 3 next Thursday, I think that would be a cool prezzie

Old 05-28-2003, 01:13 AM

Ann, I'm so sorry and I've been thinking about you. I know you are taking good care of yourself.

See, I told you ladies I'd keep coming back to say hi.

Laurie, CONGRATS!!!!

Good luck to all!

I'm off to eat...again!
Old 05-28-2003, 02:21 AM

Chrissy!!! How freaking awsome! I am sooo happy for you. And you had a 14+ day luteal phase! I'm actually jealous. Well, okay, not really. Doesn't it feel great to know you can actually start trying for real?

You know, my first ppaf had a yeast infection prelude as well. My first since before I was pg. Crazy, huh?

Claire, I so can't stand doctors who can't see the evidence, or lack thereof, right in front of their faces. I especially wonder about women docs who are so hostile. Does she have kids? Is she threatened that you've done right by your boy? Anyway, you got good news in spite of her!

Robin, I wonder if that system is just not programmed to expect multiple attempts that bf'ing bodies sometimes make in one cycle to work up enough hormones to jump through the O hoop. For as fancy as it sounds you'd think it'd have some answers for you. Though, I guess I should be fair...no one else seems to have all the answers for our little outlaw group!

Well, I'm 5dpo and holding strong. I've been trying to prepare myself for a short luteal phase again, while hoping for a longer one (last cycle's was 8 days). Maybe it'll keep my "maybe I'm pg!" obsessions down to a minimum if I remember that even if I am, I could easily not make it the requisite 10+ days.

Gotta go...baby stirring!

Tracy

Old 05-28-2003, 02:49 AM

Yeah, Tracy, IKWYM. It does have info about long cycles and the fact that there are usually a couple of cue peaks as the body tries to O, but no info about the vaginal low that is supposed to verify O. Before I bought it, I'd emailed their CS for some info about long cycles and nursing and got a great reply from the CEO that his wife was in similar circumstances and that she uses is, so I might contact him agian for more particulars about it. If I;m not preggers, that is! There also isn't any info about a possible implantation dip, like you can get with temps, so it's possible that's what this weekend's reading were about. That would be kinda cool, to not only see when you O but when implantation occurs. Most of the symptoms did start around when that reading got low again on saturday, about 6 days after the first O reading, so it could be that.

OK, I'm getting myself excited about mystery symptoms and possible dates, so I'd better get back to work :

Long luteal phase dust to you Tracy!!

Night all!

Old 05-28-2003, 04:47 PM

Chrissy -- My thoery, You o'd on CD14, not FF's CD10. Ok, So I looked at your chart again and buffed up on "Implantation Signs." My theory of you Oing on CD14 could be accurate. That would mean you had spotting on day DPO10. FF says that implantation signs would happen 7-12 days past O. It would make a lot more sense. Either way, YEAH! You O'd! But, my way you can go insane a bit more taking pregnancy tests. YEAH! Insane! That's what the neurotic monkey on my shoulder says anyway.

Ok, Tracy, you nailed my Doc just right. She has one son who is 2 weeks older than Jude. Her son was weaned after 3 months?!?!?! He went to day care at 6 weeks for 12 hours days 4 days a week. Also, she says that she can't control her son & DOES NOT want to get pregnant herself.

So why do I go to her? She's fine for ski accidents, Pap Smears, strange projectile snot. And, I was glad to have my hormone levels tested. Truly, I don't give an ounce of Neurotic monkey crap about what she says about TTC. That's what my midwife is for.

Tracy, best wishes waiting it out.
Rube, what mystery symptoms are you having now?
Vanessa, thanks for checking in! I'm so glad to see you with your new sig file!

Old 05-28-2003, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all!! Every time I visit this group and see a bunch of new messages, it's like walking into a coffee shop and finding all my favorite people there! So nice to have met you all and to be experiencing this strange journey with you!

Chrissy, Glad that you've got some signs!!! It's always nice when our body lets us know what's going on...I can't imagine sometimes how confusing life must be for creatures that live more in the moment...like animals and toddlers ...although maybe they live without that crazy monkey on their shoulder (thanks for the image, Claire!)

Oceanone, enjoy that break!! Glad that your still here to support all us crazy ttc-aholics who can't seem to manage vacations very often!

Claire, Yea!! that all your hormones are in line!! Your body seems to know what it's doing, at least, even if it doesn't make much sense to the rest of us, hehe! And I think it sounds like you've got a good plan of waiting and potentially night-weaning, don't know if you saw my posts but night-weaning went so well for us at 22 months, and I know it's because Peri can understand and remember so much! But here's hoping you test on a whim someday and find yourself 2 months pregnant

Robin, sorry that the machine seems to be confused. It probably doesn't know what to heck to think either...does that make you feel any better?!?! But at least the customer service might be helpful...and any company with a pro-family pro-extended breastfeeding corporate head is a company I support

Tracy, wow, how exciting!! I'm hoping you get a nice long lp too...like 9 months... Even if nothing else has changed, you are still one month further pp, and that seems to make a big difference, so good luck to you!

Vanessa, thanks for stopping by with your Can you spare some, o pregnant lady??

AS for me...I o'd two days early!! I think I o'd this morning, I got a positive opk yesterday and a totally negative one today...so our bd-fest may continue, but it'll be just for fun at this point I'm really getting hopeful again, but I kinda always am at this point...until spot shows up or my temps dip, that is...so wish me luck, friends!! Oh, here's my chart in case anyone wants to see...
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b472/
Old 05-29-2003, 01:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I so agree with Jster about our "coffee shop!" Thank goodness for this unique way of meeting new friends!

Well, I've cried a few more tears and hugged my babies a lot! I'm really not sure when we're going to TTC again- I can't believe it didn't happen (stick) in 5+ mos time. I really should wait at least a month before TTC again to give my body a chance to get back in sync-such as it was! I'm 34 and not getting any younger but we really wanted a fall/winter baby (like previous 2) and I think we may just wait until around Christmas to "officially" try again. We won't use BC now but I won't chart, etc either. We'll just see what happens.

One of my big reasons for wanting a baby now was so there wasn't such a big age gap between my oldest (4.5 yrs now) and the new one. But maybe a new one, 3 yrs and 6 yrs won't be so bad-at least my oldest will be in school then and there's definitely something to be said about that! And then my now 20 mos old will be a bit older and able to understand more and probably weaned by then.

I'm a firm believer in fate and the "right" baby finding us when it's time so we'll just take it as it comes.

I'll check in periodically... Good luck to all! Thanks for your support!

Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:02 AM

Yes, I'll have a carmel macciato, decaf, skim milk, on ice, add EWCM, too. Thanks. Ahh, I love this coffee shop, too. Jster you nailed that one on the head.

I can't believe a whole month has gone by since starting this new thread. And, Sunday we'll be starting another new one. And, I haven't tested at all this month. And, I'm not going to etiher. So, I think my plan for June is that I won't really chart unless I see AF. I think the combination of charting and getting my hopes up that I Od is just too much for me. Because twice now, I've had 18 days of high temps. And, once a full fledge everyone saw it temp shift with that 18 days high temps. I figure, we BD quite a bit, we're sure to find ourselves close to the Peak Day whether I'm temping or not.

Ann, thank you for checking in. You are so much in my thoughts these days. You sound secure in your decision of taking time off from actively ttc. You've got to do what works best for your family. 4, 1, new baby would be a lot to take care of. Maybe 6, 3, and new baby would work best for your family dynamics. Please, don't worry about your age. You're a healthy woman. You shouldn't feel pressure by your age. I type this as my friend's daughter is over. My friend was 44 when she gave birth to her.

Peace

Old 05-29-2003, 10:19 AM

Duplicate post.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:47 PM

I guess PPAF will show up now!

I had a box of light day pads left over from PP bleeding. I found ds this morning had carefully put each one in the toilet, and was retreiving each one and putting them back in the box. Then he put the box back in the cupboard.

Sneaky devil! Now that I don't have any "back up" so to speak, maybe AF will spring herself on me!

-- I accidentally went into the May 2WW thread instead of here, I was so confused!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 03:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

A small latte for me with lots of caffeine, because as you know, BREAK for me this month.

I went to the docs this morning and she is very nice but it is as I feared, advice about weaning etc, after the early miscarriage, blah blah. She looked kind of surprised I was still nursing but didn't say anything negative about it. Just that some women are very sensitive to any nursing at all and it could take longer, be more stressful etc. Nothing I didn't know I guess. I did get some blood drawn for a work-up though. I am still feeling nauseous off and on after last month.

Ann, thanks so much for checking in with us. I have been thinking about you too. I thought all your ideas about child-spacing for your family made perfect sense. I wish you all the best, and yes, please do check in now and then.

Owensmom, :LOL , absolutely PPAF has to show now!

I have been charting on FF. To my surprise it's actually quite helpful despite my nutso sleep routine.

Here is a link. Hope it works this time

Oceanone's chart

I am pretty sure it is giving me an O a day early. I think I o'd on the Wednesday night. All the other signs point to it, I had ovulation pain that night and my temp jumped the next morning 3 points higher than all month. The jump they are using is only on a par with the highest temp of the month (that I took). Of course my temps are a little wacky because of different waking times etc. However, that scenario makes the most sense to me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

User Tag List