Nursing Mamas TTC in MAY - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 216 Old 05-30-2003, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone tell me the difference between a basal thermometer and regular one? Can I chart with a regular digital thermometer? TIA.

BTW I posted a lil while ago....I was really late....well at 20 days late I started so as suggested I'm going to start charting! Wish me luck...

Sky, mama to dd 10/00, dd 3/02, ds 7/04, dd 3/07, ds 7/10, stork-girl.gif11/12 & married 11 yrs

#212 of 216 Old 05-30-2003, 07:28 PM

Sky--A basal thermometer has better accuracy for detecting smaller changes in temperature. When you're charting, small changes (98.0 to 98.2 for example) make a difference. Also, it's important to take your temp with the same thermometer each time too. Good luck!!

Oceanone--I hope the blood tests go well. It seems like doctors might not see too many nursing mamas TTC, which unfortunately doesn't help when we're trying to seek advice. Let us know how it goes!

Ann--Good luck, and please do check in!
#213 of 216 Old 05-31-2003, 01:10 AM

I've taken up yoga again after a long hiatus and decided to go ahead and try to get in better shape for the summer and just for myself. I kept telling myself I didn't need to lose my tummy if I was going to get preg again but now I realize that regardless if I get preg or not I need to feel better about myself!
Even after stretching today for the first time in a long time I felt such release-it was nice for a change with all this stress-other than just the m/c.
Isn't it funny how it always takes some type of climax to a situation (usually bad) to refocus and take care of yourself better?:
So hopefully taking my own advice will turn some things around and we'll have some good news later this summer or fall.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#214 of 216 Old 05-31-2003, 01:07 PM

Well, girls, I'm out of the so-called "2ww". The bad news is that I still an 8 day LP, the good news is my cycle was only 27 days, not 6 weeks like the last one! So maybe I'll O yet earlier again this month. At least that part is getting closer to normal. Though that's cold comfort, as "when" I O doesn't actually affect pgy, whereas a short LP does. <sigh>

Plus, I'm not feeling well (whine, whine, whine). I got up this morning and was so dizzy I fell getting off the bed and bruised my knee. I went to answer the ringing phone and moments later felt like I was going to vomit. I didn't, but I did break out in a cold sweat all over my body. ell, that part passed quickly enough, but I am still feeling quite woozy/dizzy. And all this on top of cramps worse than the last two months. Boo hoo, poor me. Well I guess I'll live.

Here's a ray of sunshine. All our plans that would have added up to a very busy day today fell through. Guess what's on the agenda now? Dh is going to go to the video store and then to the grocery store. He's going to get some nice crusty bread so we can make sandwiches out of leftover pork loin (yummmm!!) and sour cream so that if I feel better later (and maybe even if I don't!) I can make a Chocalate Sour Cream Pound Cake. <swoon>

Okay, I guess things aren't that bad!

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend.

Tracy

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#215 of 216 Old 05-31-2003, 02:30 PM

Ann, it's good to hear that you are taking care of yourself. I too just decided that I need to take care of myself and did some yoga a couple of days ago. I still feel great from it. I can feel some healing happening.

Tracy, Sorry AF caught you. Old Hag!!! And to be sick on top of it. Well, that's just wrong!!!! Hope you are back on your feet soon!

Me, well I just found out that my suspected bacterial infection is actually GroupB strep. The only big problem it causes is when I give birth (someday, cross fingers), I need to be treated with antibiotics because the baby could contract the virus and get pneumonia or some sort of infection. I should take antibiotics anyway fot another condition of mine. I had it with dd and it did interfere with nursing (automatic thrush). But it has to be done. Anyone know anything about it related to me? I can't find much.

My midwife looked at my charts and thinks I may not be o-ing or o-ing later than FF says which means my LP is even shorter than I thought. It's going to be a long haul!

Sorry to be a bummer. I think it's the weather. We are getting a Nor'Easter today/tomorrow. Batten down the hatches!!!
#216 of 216 Old 06-01-2003, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone!! Just wanted to send out a note inviting you all to the new thread for June! Please come by and post your current info...name, children's names/ages, where you are in ttc and your chart, if you have one and want it linked on the first message. Happy Summer Months!

Jennifer

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page