Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ohhhh Megin: :
#302 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good morning ladies.
Sharun: I hope you have a wonderful time in Thailand, fun, fun, fun, and relaxation.
Now, let me apologize that this is general health related and not ttc.
Now a quick question: Someone had strep a few weeks ago and I have never had it, but I have had some wicked cases of tonsilitis. I have pain on the right side of my throat and in the same ear. I looked at my throat this morning and it doesn't really look like white splotches, but kind of mottled, bright red in some areas, lighter pink areas, etc. No fever. I think it would be more white blistery looking spots, right? It stinks b/c no matter what I can't get to the doctor until Tuesday at the earliest.TIA.
#303 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
Someone had strep a few weeks ago and I have never had it, but I have had some wicked cases of tonsilitis. I have pain on the right side of my throat and in the same ear. I looked at my throat this morning and it doesn't really look like white splotches, but kind of mottled, bright red in some areas, lighter pink areas, etc. No fever. I think it would be more white blistery looking spots, right? It stinks b/c no matter what I can't get to the doctor until Tuesday at the earliest.TIA.
Oh yuck, to be sick over Christmas. My dh had a sore throat and fever for 10 days that just cleared up early this week. Originally he was diagnosed with strep (angry red throat) but it turns out he didn't actually have it, so we didn't know what it was. He was on abx and eventually got better, so it could either have been viral or bacterial. So now I don't know what strep looks like! But I can tell you I learned the white patches are pus (sorry TMI) so maybe they wouldn't show up till later? I hope you don't have strep but if you do it might be worth a visit to urgent care or ER.

Good luck, I hope it goes away quickly on its own.
#304 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Sabo- I have one recommendation, raw garlic! Even if it is strep, the garlic will kill the infection. We use it around here all the time. I don't remember the last time someone around here had to take antibiotics for anything. We have used it to treat strep, upper respiratory infection, sinus infection, even a couple of nasty bouts of mastitis. If you catch it early, you can get results quickly.
#305 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 11:06 AM

cd 13 another -- opk.
#306 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 11:28 AM

There is, as of yet, no September 2007 DDC. August didn't get its own until this month, so it might be a little while before September gets its own.

Until then, I wanted to let you September ladies know that there is a thread in the main "DDC" forum for September 2007 Mamas to check in and get to know their fellow September 2007 DDC-ers to be.

See you there!

4 kids under 10
#307 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Changes made to here

Christina - Yay for ovulation! : that you catch that egg!

Megin - Please oh please. I really hope this is it for you and Katie. Isn't is crazy how much those temps can control our mood? Just remember it isn't over 'til AF shows. There are tons and tons of "less than perfect" charts on FF : for you both!

Matt's Mom - I was wondering the EXACT same thing about being "On the Fence" and I am the Thread Keeper . I think it means not trying, not preventing? Kind of a whatever will be, will be position. But, honestly, I am not exactly sure. Maybe on of our "Fencers" will pop in and let us know.

noordinaryspider - Good luck. Glad AF is staying away. : for your Christmas BFP

Kelly1216 - That sounds like EWCM to me! Nice and fertile. Be sure to jump DH and take full advantage. Have fun

Nicole! - . Eager to hear your news. Doesn't sound like it was the best news, but maybe there is hope? Good luck with O. I did OPKs for the first time this month and found that I also got a nice fade in effect.

AugustLia23 - good luck and lots of . Go swimmers go!

Sabo - No fever = no need to abx (at this point). The garlic idea is a good one. You might also want to try salt water gargles and spoonfuls of honey (just not at the same time, 'cause that would be gross). Do you have allergies at all? Sometimes my throat gets very red and irritated from all of the gunk dripping down the back of it. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Okay, DH and I have a plane to catch and need to leave here is 2 hours. I STILL haven't packed ('cause laundry isn't 100% done...ack, why am I such a procrastinator? BAD). Anway, I probably will not be able to get back online until tomorrow. So, this will officially end my time as thread keeper. I just want to say that it has been an absolute pleasure hosting the thread this week. Moving 6 people to the BFP list was a total rush. I wish all of you that celebrate a happy and wonderful holiday. Lots of to everyone still TTC. I look forward to seeing all of you in a DDC really soon.

P.S. Since I won't be able to update the thread today. Please hold all change comments until Sabo has the new thread up and running. Thanks.
#308 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 12:21 PM

Just leaving myself a note in case people post changes from here on.

By the way, my dh just gave me a huge clove of garlic, so big in fact that I had to split it into 3 horse-pill sized chunks to swallow it all. Hopefully it helps. Oh, and garlic and milk are NOT a tasty combination.
#309 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 01:13 PM

Thank you dctexan for being such a great thread leader!!!

Many Many thanks from you ladies!!! I am feeling really really crampy today.. so much I am already worried!! Hmmm..... trying to stay positive!!!

Many Many Blessings to all of you and Happy Holidays!!!

Can't wait for you to join me in the ddc!!! Many Blessings & a huge Good luck! I will continue to stalk this thread and pray for you!!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#310 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannyjo View Post
I have one recommendation, raw garlic! the garlic will kill the infection.
So I have a slight sinus infection right now, started 2 days ago.....do I just swallow the galic or how do I take it?
#311 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 01:24 PM

Will someone take a look at my chart? I am getting crosshairs from FF on Wednesday, but last night I had EWCM enough to know that was what it was and to know I was off in pp when I thought it was early. :

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16edb7

Thanks oh, and for the new thread, please move me to Waiting to Know
#312 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 03:56 PM

I just started spotting, I think I'm out this month. Merry $%#^ing Christmas, eh?

: :
#313 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 03:57 PM

ItyBty,

You're only 8dpo, and your usual LP is much longer than that. I wouldn't count yourself out yet, unless you start bleeding more heavily. This could be implantation spotting, as it is at the right time.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#314 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 04:10 PM

dctexan thank you for a wonderful thread and have a wonderful holiday and happy and healthy nine months.

Megin and Katie Oh what wonderful news to wake up to! I hope I hope I hope!
#315 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy-X-2 View Post
So I have a slight sinus infection right now, started 2 days ago.....do I just swallow the galic or how do I take it?
What we always do it cut the clove into pieces you can swallow easily, take them with a full 8 oz glass of water, three times a day. We take it at meal times every day until one day past symptoms. You could do it without food, but I found that it works better on my tummy to eat just after.
#316 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 07:11 PM

Hey all, I have a question. I should be able to take an early test on X-mas day-I am due to get my period on the 28th (usually a 25-26 day cycle) or so give or take a day. I am not sure when I O'd, so if I did when I think I did then I would only be a little over a week pg. We tried on the 13th, and I think I felt O pain on the 14th, so I would only be 9dpo....

1. Should I be able to take a first response test on X-mas day-11dpo

2. I am not really having any symptoms at all. No nausea, no sore breasts, I am really moody-but that could be PMS too. Should I be feeling anything at all yet? Should I bother with the test on X-mas day?

Thanks!
Jessica

Jessica Siczkowycz

Student CPM with Birthspirit Holistic Midwifery Services

Labor Doula

Certified Placenta Encapsulator

Mommy to four amazing kiddos, married to the best husband ever

#317 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 08:38 PM

CD27 here... Can't wait to test in the morning.

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)
#318 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 09:41 PM

Sabo I had strep No fever, no pus a very angry red throat. It was looking like what you described I dripped liquid echinacea down my throat also and it soothed it. I hope you will feel better soon.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#319 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 10:43 PM

Good luck hazeleyes!!!!!!! Crossing my fingers for you!!!!

Good luck to all other holiday testers as well!!!!

Big hugs to those that need them!!!

Many Blessings

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#320 of 321 Old 12-23-2006, 11:00 PM

hazeleyes, your chart looks good! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
#321 of 321 Old 12-24-2006, 10:26 AM

It can be found here See you all there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page