When does implantation bleeding occur? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-02-2003, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't mean when as in when the egg implants into the uterus, I mean when as in how long after fertilization. Does it occur around the time that af should arrive? I should have started on the 28th of April. Well, yesterday I had some extremely light spotting on the tp, I do mean extremely light, but nothing today.
#2 of 6 Old 05-02-2003, 01:45 PM

From what I understand, implantation bleeding occurs earlier in the cycle than day of AF. Now, that said, you could have Oed later than usual. Or I know of some women who had spotting during their normal period time and turned out to be pregnant. Theory being that they miscarried a twin. That's not too pleasant to think about though.

Seems like a wait and see sort of symptom you have. It is certainly not unheard of to spot while pregnant.

Best wishes! I know wait and see isn't the funnest response. Maybe someone else has more information for you.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#3 of 6 Old 05-02-2003, 02:58 PM

Implantation occurs from 8-12 days after ovulation. So it should be before you expect af in most women. If your lp is shorter it may be around the same time. Also, as Sparklin noted, many women have some light bleeding around their expected period time and are indeed pregnant.

Good luck.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#4 of 6 Old 05-02-2003, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Justice, since your baby is only 2mo, your cycle probably is not going to be predictable for a while. Seems like you'd be unlikely to get pregnant again so soon, too, but that does happen sometimes! (My cousin had 4 babies in 4 years 1 month, while EBF!)

I'm not sure I understand your "I don't mean..." I thought implantation bleeding happens at the same time the fertilized egg implants. :

Anyway, I hope you are pregnant if you want to be and not if you don't!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#5 of 6 Old 05-04-2003, 04:30 PM

It's important to know that not all women experience implantation bleeding. My best friend didn't, but I did around 4 weeks, which was a couple of days before I was expecting AF.
#6 of 6 Old 05-05-2003, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Well ladies, I still have that spotting. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not, so I am thinking that it's not implantation bleeding. Dh and I are trying NFP. I am also relactating, so that I can breastfeed and the LLL leader that I have been seeing says that this may be the reason that my period is a bit weird this month! Thanks for all the help and advise!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page