musikat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-04-2003, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious about your IUI.. did you take meds?? HCG trigger?? How was your DR about going on with IUI while still nursing??

The reason I ask is b/c obviously we are TTC #2 and I'm currently starting Clomid this cycle but am more than likely going to need IUI again (did Clomid,hcg,IUI) to get PG with DD. Anyway I have not yet talked to my RE about the possibility of IUI while still BFing… will in the fall if need be (hopefully the Clomid will do the trick). Anyway, I'm curious to know what the procedure was like and how your Dr was about the whole BFing thing

Congrats Jenn

I emailed you and it came back to me..anyway that's my email
#2 of 2 Old 05-06-2003, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jenn S.

oops! I e-mailed you before I read down the list. I haven't been able to get on MDC until now and this post was a little ways down. Anyway, I am afraid I won't be much help. I'm a lesbian, so I did donor IUI by necessity We went through a women's clinic. I'm not using any drugs or infertility treatments, and the clinic is staffed by non-medical personnel trained to do the procedure, so the breastfeeding thing never even came up. Sorry! I don't know what that does to your system if your going to take fertility drugs and bf. I do know that both I and a friend of mine got pregnant the first try with our IUIs and both of us were bf, so it's possible. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page