--- NURSING MOMMAS -- TTC in Jan and now FEB -- JOIN US --- - - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I took my temp this morning, and it seemed a little low, is 97.33 too low? Should I discard it?
#302 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 12:06 PM

Where I'm from in Appalachia there tended to be larger families in the past. Like my great grandparents and in some cases grandparents and parents. My stepmother comes from a BF family of 10. My great-grandmother comes from a family of 8, and my great-grandfather a family of 7... my stepdad a family of 8. These were all BF families I'm pretty sure.. My husband's grandad came from a family of 13. One thing that I have noticed is that they started their families much sooner than most do now. Many of them started having their babies at 16 - 20 years of age. Back home, families are still started at a younger age than in the city. I am pretty old for starting a family in the culture that I'm from. My parents and ILs thought we wouldn't have a family. I was 26 when DD was born. I wonder if age factors into things.

Our family woke up sick this morning... yuck! I did some fine tuning on my chart and with the research method on FF it gives me an o date of CD 20... so that would put me at 5DPO. I'm going with that right now, because if I o'd it definitely would have been that day, and if I continue waiting to o it's not going to happen. So, 2ww here we go. FF says if you have irregular cycles not to do an HPT until 18 DPO... yikes. That's a long wait.

I don't know if any of you believe this way, but in our culture historically women have believed in intuition. We use signs from dream etc... Anyway, if you dream of a death - then someone is pregnant and such. I was able to tell my sis she was pregnant and she wasn't even trying this way. Anyway, she told me on the phone last night that I'm already pregnant or would be soon. I didn't even bring it up. I'm not going to jump right in and believe it, but... It's in God's hands anyway... we'll see.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#303 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
I took my temp this morning, and it seemed a little low, is 97.33 too low? Should I discard it?
FF says not to just discard for the sake of discarding (my words, but general meaning). Is there a reason you think it might be off? Is it much earlier or later than the other temps? Did you not get 3 hours of sleep/rest before you temped? I don't notice drastic temp changes in my chart, but in looking at the charts of others it seems pretty common to have a temp jump or dive of .4 or more. Take a look at the interpretation section under analysis if you are using FF and see what it says. Hope this helps...

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/eastkygal

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#304 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaaar View Post
Remember me ?
Yep! Glad to "see" you

Still crossing fingers (and toes) for all the TTC Mamas! I'm 10DPO, CD24 today. Still going to wait to test... if no cycle on Saturday, probably test Sunday.

-A

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#305 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 12:51 PM

Finally got a Peak on my monitor !!!:
DH is gone till tomorrow but I read that Peak means it is detecting a surge and I sohould O between 24-36 hours and Dh will be back tomorrow afternoon so we can DTD : then and still have a chance. We BD'd yesterday before he left and on sunday so I think we are OK. My Dr said he wants me to wait out next cycle to let the cysts disappear and then we can do 25mg of cloid instead of 50mg. I hope we see some more BFPs soon:

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#306 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

zak -- i know it is hard to wait

Jen&James -- COOL -- good luck

Looks like i will O wihile out of town -- -- DH might dirve the 7 hours to my folks for the weekend to see if we can catch the eggie -- this is my last cycle to get PG before 35 -- and i am having a hard time with it

eastkygirl -- i agree -- i think starting later has a lot to do with it. fertlity peaks at what 22 or something? definatly looong before 30. both the slowing down of the TTC and also the stress, and the stress no doubt adds to the slowing down onf the TTC success even more..... like us -- we ar at a wall, I will be 35 when this next child is bron, or 36 if the boys don't find their target soon......that means AMA and all that jazz, and the longer it takes to get this pregancy, the later we can even start to think about trying IF we want a 3rd by birth -- and even though we plan number 3 and 4 to be by adoption... the longer it takes to get this one -- just makes us older when we go to adopt too -- soooooooooo birth or adoption...we are getting old fast and that starts to shut doors on us......

AImee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#307 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Our off month. Just thought I would come share.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#308 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

AWSOME

will move you to SUCCESS -- you should head over to the DDC and look for the nurseing momma thread

I can only HOPE our off moth this month will be as yours.

AImee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#309 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 02:57 PM

aimee: nuts is a good thing.

abylite: OHH! : I'll be testing monday.

MCKH: i hear ya. But i do know a mama (mama_nym) who is doing very well with child-led weaning and nursing more than one! Pm her about it.

sorry garden af sucks. :

gwen: : that af returns soon!

firstkid: that's a high temp for me. My temps range from low 96's to mid 97's.

eastky: that's very promising news from your sister. I too believe in intuition very strongly. But for some reason i have trouble paying attention to anything ttc related. I have been having very detailed dreams lately, which is unusual(look, a symptom! )

zak, crossing fingers and toes and ears for you!

HOORAY JEN! Perfect timing.

OMG OMM! OMG OMG OMG! : : : :
YAY! When are you due?!! OMG YAY!

temp went up by .1 again this morning. *sigh*

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#310 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 02:59 PM

YAY!!! I love BFPs!!!! :

:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#311 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Ummm I think August. There are only two possible dates of conception and both put me in August. One at 6 weeks and the other at about 8. Did you all see Kama's thread last night? I asked her and she said to start knitting booties and then I asked how far along and she said six weeks. Oh boy.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#312 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 03:24 PM

oh and jannyjo the $ tree was out of scopes, sorry!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#313 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
Big Congratulations!: : :

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#314 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
: : Congrats!!! Maybe that will happen in one of our "off" months!
#315 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 04:08 PM

:

This just rocks! I love bfps...they give me hope, and courage.

Yay. Let's see some more. I will probably poas in a week. We'll see. I dont have the feeling. :
#316 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Oh OMM, that is awesome! I am so happy for you!!!!!!:

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#317 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 05:07 PM
zak

Hooray, OMM! Hooray!

Congrats!!

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#318 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
congrats!! isn't that always the way? best wishes for a happy and healthy 9months!!

aimee--waiting for my first eggie is the perfect place for me, lol.

jillybeans--thanks for reminding me it isn't impossible. i got pg for dd on my second round of clomid after almost a year of ttc with opks and BBT charting. GL to you!

can you nurse and take clomid??

i've had a lot of CM...especially this last month (dd has started solids), but still no af. should i start charting that? also, should i start with the opks before my first ppaf? or do i wait? sorry for all the questions, girls, but any help would be so greatly appreciated!

thanks! hugs
#319 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 06:49 PM

OMM - I'm so excited for you. Seeing your post made me get butterflies!!! :

Aimee - now, does this confirm what you were saying about stress. Maybe, the less stress that month... hmmm....

#320 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

well i will be gone 2 weeks of this month -- including O day so --

DH might come see me the weekend............hey i have two DN who were a case of DTD ONCE the month of concept .. so who knows.

Aimee

#321 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 PM

:
Yeah!!! OMM
I was waiting for one of these....

FoxyBFer- Yes, you can take clomid while BFing, this is my first month using it to TTC#2 and it helped my O. DS is only nursing 2 times a day so if there is anything passing thru BM it is very minimal.

Jill-: for monday testing

I hope we see some more BFP soon, lets start this year off right

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#322 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyBFer View Post
congrats!! isn't that always the way? best wishes for a happy and healthy 9months!!

i've had a lot of CM...especially this last month (dd has started solids), but still no af. should i start charting that? also, should i start with the opks before my first ppaf? or do i wait? sorry for all the questions, girls, but any help would be so greatly appreciated!

thanks! hugs
I wouldn't start with the OPKs unless the cost isn't an issue for you. If your baby is 6 mos old - it could be a quite while before you begin to ovulate (or, it could be sooner - you never know but I think the *average* return of menstruation for a bfing mom is 12-14 mos.)

The best thing to do, I think, is start charting your temps - it's free and easy. I did this starting at 6 months and I went several months without a temp shift - although my periods did return during that time, I was able to know that I was only having annovulatory bleeding and that I could not become pregnant. Long story short it is a good way to keep an eye on things without spending a fortune on opks.

Check out "Taking Charge of your Fertility" it explains almost everything...
Good luck!
#323 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 07:18 PM

Alright OMnM! Happy gestating!

Hopefully you will have a BFP too Jill.

Thanks for the AF support...she just wont go home. I guess short LP's mean not only shorter 2wws but also a possible chance to O earlier and hopefully that means getting an extra O in there somewhere. I'm counting on my right ovary this time around. I hope ds decreases the night nursing a bit soon.

FoxyBFer- I had a lot of ewcm a few months before af first came back...sounds like your body is kicking into gear. The temping really has helped me know what is going on.

Aimee, right now, I have to admit, I am all over the DTD 1X per month if I can get away with it. I am so tired! But with it being right ovary's turn...I'll have to step things up. Traveling for ttc... I can understand the dedication. Good luck.
#324 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyBFer View Post

jillybeans--thanks for reminding me it isn't impossible. i got pg for dd on my second round of clomid after almost a year of ttc with opks and BBT charting. GL to you!

can you nurse and take clomid??
wouldn't be on this thread if I couldn't : DD is only nursing two-three times a day and is starting to not like it.... i think. Google it and you'll see that you can use it while nursing.

#325 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 10:33 PM

hi all. sorry not on the computer much the past couple days. it's getting hard to keep up! we are an active and vibrant group! hopefully lots of us leave soon though i had a weird high temp yesterday but its back down so it must have just been a fluke.

yogachick- i think you're right, weekly might be the way to go for a while.

omm-congrats!

welcome to all the new mamas ttc!

aimee-merle hay is just a really long drive fo us, sorry we missed good luck in your lens replacement. i hope it makes a big difference for you.

j&j i hope o waits for your husband! but i bet you're right and you have your bases covered either way. good luck!

sorry to everyone i missed i'm just going from memory and i read a lot of posts!

dust to all!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#326 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah -- I know MH is a drive -- for us too -- but since it is the only play DS gets living out here int eh middle fo F%^King NO WHERE -- we drive (also only momma contact ig et...so again...we do what we have to do).:

FYI -- "Taking Charge of your Fertility" also has a website and as far as I can tell it is all there....

Also ... FF -- fertilityfreind -- also has a lot of good information... takes a while to read and find it all -- but it is there

#327 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
wouldn't be on this thread if I couldn't : DD is only nursing two-three times a day and is starting to not like it.... i think. Google it and you'll see that you can use it while nursing.
duh. sorry i guess i should've thought that one through before asking, lol. that's really cool! have you had a ppaf? sorry to be nosy :
#328 of 1036 Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats OMM : : I read the kama thread

new mammas

Sarah, good to hear from you

Good luck to those mamas getting ready to test :

I'm waiting to O (cd14) and hoping it will be earlier than usual

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#329 of 1036 Old 01-10-2007, 12:33 AM

We've decided to put ttc on hold for now, at least 4 months, until we get settled in San Diego. This will give me time to start charting again, and lose a little weight (I need to lose about 30-40 lbs to be really healthy.) I joined Weight Watchers today, and all I want to do is eat, eat, eat. Prayers that this mentality stops would be great! (Although, 36 points is a LOT of food!)
#330 of 1036 Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 AM

Congrats to the BFP!!!

For myself, I had a temp nosedive this am, and the lovely AF zit has parked itself on my chin, so I'm expecting her tonight or tomorrow. Oh well. I guess this means that I'll get to use the fertility monitor I bought, huh? I'm not quite ready to be moved yet, but I'm sure it'll be in a day or two.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page