--- NURSING MOMMAS -- TTC in Jan and now FEB -- JOIN US --- - - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1036 Old 01-13-2007, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man I'm so frustrated i've been opk it and today the line is lighter then yesterday what the heck i thought i was getting close to oing
:
#422 of 1036 Old 01-13-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post

AND I got AF. :
So sorry... bummer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
AF showed this morning and all of the most ugly symptoms... I'm sooo disappointed. I guess this was an anovulatory cycle. That probably means back to the doc... At least she's a crunchy doc... DH says I'll be pregnant when the time is right and not to worry about it... that doesn't help much... :
So sorry!! I hate when people say "when the time is right" it doesn't help. But at least he is being compasionate.

Nothing new here.. tomorrow will be CD 17... no O, no EWCM, no O pains.. blah. DS has done a TON of nursing so maybe O is a bit delayed. I will be out of town and away from DH from the 17-24 so I am goint to try vitex again when I get back on the 24th. Maybe it will kick start something again. blah blah... feeling blah today!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#423 of 1036 Old 01-13-2007, 11:48 PM

Greetings Mamas!
Can I join you all?
DD turned 2 in Dec and I had my first PPAF just before her bday. (yeah that long break was really nice but it also felt good to be back to "normal" again) We are ready to TTC #2 and are having fun trying but my body is taking a REALLY long time to be ready again. DD is only nursing before bed and sometimes in the AM when she wakes up. So trying to be patient and trust my body...but also wanting kids closer in age...and all my friends whose kids are younger than DD are having their #2....
OK, well, looking forward to meeting you all.
Patience....trying to be patient
#424 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 01:05 AM

Hello...

Welcome Shandy!

I have a DD 17 mo..nursing in the am and before bed....we are just now TTC #2. Not sure if we got lucky this month or not...CD28, DPO11 so far POAS as been -. I'm trying to be patient too....!!!
#425 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 03:24 AM

You ladies have the magic babydust, because I just got my BFP!!!!!!

I am so excited!!!

Happy Dance!!
#426 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations, Theresa!!! How exciting!!!

: : :

Have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#427 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 03:31 AM

I have been at an awesome leadership conference with my company, so have lost track of time. I was hoping it was for the better, but, alas, I am only 3dpo! I was hoping I'd gotten to nearly a week already, you know? At least then I can start *thinking* about testing!

I'm awaiting my tests in the mail, too, so now I'll have nothing 'till Tuesday. Whatcha wanna bet I'll be "testing" one my new strips then and there, at 6dpo, since the site says it's sensitive enough AND I could always use a neg to compare a positive too - right?!

I guess I better take all of these awesome tips and inspirations that I got this weekend and keep myself BUSY this next week! Or I'll be POASing WAY too much!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#428 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 04:15 AM

Welcome Shandy!

SharonAnne, sorry to hear about the BFN and AF! Bummer !

Congratulations Mommytsa, : Good to know the dust is working!

I'm having a hard time getting into taking my temp this cycle. I haven't even checked my CP. My face is breaking out all over the place. I hope I didn't O really early. Does that happen?

I need to figure out a good way to take my temp at the same time every morning...so hard to do with a familybed situation because I don't want to wake up DS with an alarm and sometimes he is up so much at night that I am exhausted and don't wake up until he does in the morning. Anyone else figure out a good system?

I also started to night ween a bit it makes me sad. I cut one feeding out last night. DS didn't seem to mind at all. I'm the one with the issues about it.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and that we get some more BFPs soon (HeatherB hang in there with the wait)!
#429 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 10:22 AM
zak

Woo-hoo, Mommytsa!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!

garden - I also have family bed/temping at the same time issues... I take it several times - basically each time I wake - because I never know if I'll have to jump out of bed or something and don't want to get up w/o a good temp - so sometimes I'll start taking it at 330am... and then take it several more times until R's normal waking time (between 730-9). I know it's not the best "method", but so far so good - this chart (#2 for me) looks better than last month's.

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#430 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 11:43 AM

I am so sorry Eastkygal and SharonAnne I am sending you babydust for the next cycle...

Mommytsa, this is great. Congratulations to the BFN!!!!! I am aslways so excited to see these.

Welcome Shandy. The mammas on this board are great and they give so much support. I just love it here(even though I don't wanna stay too long )

lincap,
I am reading Adventure in Tandem Nursing right now and the attitude you encountered is definitely not reflected in that book. I know you already got a lot of answers, but I just wanted to say that.

I thought I had o'd 9 days ago, but then i got ewcm again on Thursday and Friday. bd just in case So either I am 9dpo or 2dpo, or nothing, who knows. I should get my tests in the mail on Tuesday, so can poas happily from then on
Have a great Sunday!!!

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#431 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 12:52 PM

Congratulations, Theresa!!!

Well...hopefully better luck next month....AF came today I'll be around the TTC board keeping busy!!!
#432 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 01:29 PM

congrats mommytsa!

hopefully the will pay off for others soon.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#433 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 02:11 PM

: mommytsa!!! I'm so happy for you. Will it be an October babe? I'm hoping I'll o in time for an October babe. It's a great month for birth you know!

Well, ladies... I don't know if you've read this, but last night I did a little research on anovulatory cycles and nursing. I'm not sure which article said this, but it might have been Ask Dr. Sears and Natural Child Spacing... Anyway, it said most of the hormones that are nursing related that hold back o are produced at night and to insure ovulation you need at least 6 hours at night without nursing. DD nursed 4 times last night... I just don't have the strength to night wean right now I'm afraid. She is just so dependent on it. It worries me.

So, those of you who know you are oing... How many times does your DC nurse a night?

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#434 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 02:18 PM

I was wondering if you can move me to 2ww and if you can change my ds age to his date of birth (February 2005) because he's not 20 m/o anymore.
Thanks for doing this.

caffix.gif

#435 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 02:18 PM

zak - Which temp do you decide to use? What time do you put in so you get the solid dots? I'm trying to figure out how to go about things after AF leaves... Thanks.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#436 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 03:25 PM
zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
zak - Which temp do you decide to use? What time do you put in so you get the solid dots? I'm trying to figure out how to go about things after AF leaves... Thanks.
I use the one as close to 7am as I can get OR which ever after the longest stretch of sleep OR the highest temp I know, I'm not accurate at all.

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#437 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
SharonAnne, Eastkygal, and Abylite:

Congrats mommytsa :

Quote:
So, those of you who know you are oing... How many times does your DC nurse a night?
Eastkygal, a couple of months ago my dh started helping me with dd at night. I nurse her to sleep and then if she wakes up either he pats her back to sleep or gives her a bottle of ebm. If she wakes up afer 3 than I take over again. I think it did change things because I finally O'd last month after Months of anovulatory cycles. So she is going at least 6 hours straight a night without nursing and it seems to be working. My dd does nurse a lot during the day instead.

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#438 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 05:45 PM

guys, i'm devastated. The clomid didn't work. AF is showing now. slowly, but coming. That makes a whole 8day lp. : I don't know what to do. I feel like we may never have another baby. We can't afford to do more than the clomid.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#439 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

son is sick

i am sick

tuesady we go out of town for two weeks

i think i have allt eh updates made -- please check

Jilly -- I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry.

MommyTSA -- how cool and exciteing -- how many months of TTC did it take you?

As for night nurseing and O -- I got a pos O test the last two months -- but DS still nurseing al night, maybe we got 3 hours ONCE I am very lucky -- otherwise it is every hour or two ......... but i got pos POAS O tests.....but as we are on month 5, i am so discouraged, i have no clue............but a LOT of moms get pg without 6 hours at night of non-nurseing.........

I don't have time to talk as much as i would like to everyone -- THeo is screaming, as he has for 3 days now.

A

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#440 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 06:07 PM

mommytsa- WHOO HOO!! Yeah! Congratulations!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#441 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 06:14 PM

abylite so sorry, i hope this is your month!

jilli don't know what to say.....i was thinking of you and just came to stalk your temps when i saw your post. atleast 8 days is an improvement....does clomid make a difference over time? like if you do it again next cycle will it possibly increase your lp more? i wish i had some great thing to tell you but i know nothing short of a magical answer or a bfp will make too much of a difference. just know we are all thinking of you and praying for you and hoping for you!

#442 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 06:22 PM
zak

: Jill, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be.

For the night nursing question, my cycle resumed at 7 weeks PP and we were nursing on cue all day and night - and still am - tho now he's cut back to one to three times per night (he's only slept "through" the night twice - and that was recently, Dec 30 and 31st).

#443 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
Man I'm so frustrated i've been opk it and today the line is lighter then yesterday what the heck i thought i was getting close to oing
:
it is my understanding that an OPK is negative unless the line is darker than the control. like a hpt is "a line is a line" but an opk is only a line if darker. so a lighter line doesn't necessarily mean you are any further from Oing. i hope you get that positive soon and a quick insemination!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
Greetings Mamas!
Can I join you all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
I guess I better take all of these awesome tips and inspirations that I got this weekend and keep myself BUSY this next week! Or I'll be POASing WAY too much!
good luck!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenwithin View Post
I also started to night ween a bit it makes me sad. I cut one feeding out last night. DS didn't seem to mind at all. I'm the one with the issues about it.
if he isn't minding then i wouldn't either! i fantasize about night meaning! i've been horribly tired these last 2 weeks or so and i think it must be due to not getting long enough blocks of sleep. i'm starting to pat her and snuggle before offereing the breast and every once in a while it works but usually she just gets mad so we nurse. i'm glad it is going well for you! no guilt needed, you are being gentle and listening to him. if you were CIO to night wean then you could feel the guilt! he'll let you know if he needs to nurse.

i am really excited because i'm starting to have a bit of cm and hoping it means a little earlier o this month!! i'm very proud of my temping, only missed saturdays so far. i am just having dh hand me the thermometer as he gets up for work so an extra alarm doesn't wake dd. the stupid thing beeps four times when it's done! drives me crazy and always makes dd restless.

#444 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
guys, i'm devastated. The clomid didn't work. AF is showing now. slowly, but coming. That makes a whole 8day lp. : I don't know what to do. I feel like we may never have another baby. We can't afford to do more than the clomid.

Jill, I am sorry, it must be so frustrating. Not to spread false hope, but could it be implantation bleeding?

Either way, take care of yourself, you deserve a special, soothing treat.

#445 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh, don't feel like that! My LP was a MAX of 5 days (and half the time I wasn't even ovulating) up until this last cycle. Your baby is more than a month younger than mine is. I got AF back at 7 mos pp, and I was having cycles of 38-50 days with super short lps. I assumed that I would never be able to have normal cycles while BFing and I was scared that I might have to wean entirely to get pregnant.

Then, last month was different. I was shocked when I got AF YESTERDAY making a 30 day cycle! I feel like this last cycle was the first that was even close to normal. I'm crossing my fingers that it wasn't a fluke. I know it is really frustrating/disappointing/confusing but hang in there... Our bodies do come around in time.
#446 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 08:30 PM

Jillyb, your dd is the same age as my ds, I had a short LP last month and it was helpful to hear from you. Hang in there!

Thanks for the support Sarahn!
#447 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Oh no. So sorry. :

Have you thought of doing progesterone in addition to clomid? That is what my sister does. Her story is different from ours but I'll throw it out there.. my sister is TTC #1 she is 31 and has had I think 6 losses all before 7 weeks. Her LP was short about 9 days. Her OB says that she has "poor egg quality" so was/is on clomid to help get a healthy egg and progesterone vaginal suppository to increase the LP. She has to go in for blood work at day CD30, if it is a postive the she has to go in every other day and keep doing the progesterone. Once the HCG levels do not increase then she has to stop progesterone and bleed. Progesterone might be worth looking into.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#448 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 10:04 PM

i'm calling my doctor tomorrow(hopefully can get in right away) and will be requesting that dh get a sperm analysis(in case the fever affected him a lot, wouldn't want to "waste" a cycle if he wasn't normal) and that i be monitored this time(including a pre-O ultrasound to measure follies and a 7dpo prog. test) along with bringing up both increasing the dosage and adding progesterone. dd is only nursing ONCE a day, and i don't know why it would be affecting me that much.

mommajb: I don't usually buy into that for myself, makes hope when there isn't any kwim? It is brownish red spotting, not on undies yet, but temp plummeted AND there are some red streaks. I'm pretty sure it's af. Tomorrow's temp, and the arrival of her, will confirm.

thanks for the love girls.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#449 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
i'm calling my doctor tomorrow(hopefully can get in right away) and will be requesting that dh get a sperm analysis(in case the fever affected him a lot, wouldn't want to "waste" a cycle if he wasn't normal) and that i be monitored this time(including a pre-O ultrasound to measure follies and a 7dpo prog. test) along with bringing up both increasing the dosage and adding progesterone. dd is only nursing ONCE a day, and i don't know why it would be affecting me that much.

mommajb: I don't usually buy into that for myself, makes hope when there isn't any kwim? It is brownish red spotting, not on undies yet, but temp plummeted AND there are some red streaks. I'm pretty sure it's af. Tomorrow's temp, and the arrival of her, will confirm.

thanks for the love girls.
I really didn't mean to plant false hope, I admit I do not stalk charts so it was an out there comment. It sounds like you are approaching this with some great planning as far as the medical care you would like to receive which is amazing to me. Just know that I am pulling for you with many positive and peaceful thoughts.

#450 of 1036 Old 01-14-2007, 10:43 PM

- jillybeans I really wanted to see your BFP too. I'm on CD2, so we are having similar cycle times (YKWIM). I'll be here with you for this whole next month doing about the same thing at the same time. I don't know if that helps, but I hope so. It sounds like you have a plan for this cycle... I'm routing for you. My cycle was anovulatory, so I'm going to be working on a positive OPK first this month. I had a friend who used clomid and it took her several months of trying to get pregnant, so don't loose hope in it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page