--- NURSING MOMMAS -- TTC in Jan and now FEB -- JOIN US --- - - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JB
Z
A
FM
FK4M
me
#482 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 11:05 AM

OMG you guys! I'm up at an insanely early hour! So af... it's been enough for a pad but light otherwise. Red, but not BRIGHT red, you know? And mixed with mucus. I thought it was going to be slow to start. But today my temp went back up! And af stopped! Nada, nothing!

EEK! Blood test today for sure! I already picked up the clomid for next month!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#483 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

jilly ---------- let me know id i should move you --- i hope

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#484 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 11:35 AM

well you could move me back to waiting to know/test. I guess.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#485 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

we used acupuncture to start labor -- what can it do for conception?

A

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#486 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 PM

Yeah! Jilly:

Forestrymom- Congrats!!!

CD6 here, this is going too slow

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#487 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

my folks live in Springfeild MO -- which -- as some of you may know has been hit by a MASSIVE ice storm -- the town is shut down......now finally on day 4 they have power back to the big hospital, but most roads are still blocked by downed trees and it could be up to 7 more days before the power is all back on........

I was supposed to to there TODAY to stay 2 week and have lens replacement done on both eyes

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll that isn't happening. Mom and Dad are staying at my grandparents house 2 hours away with a couple of freinds.....Dad went home yesterday to check on things -- all our BIG trees are down (huge 100+ year old trees as well as 3 Mom adn I plants since i was born) -- Dad said he had to crawl over and under branches to get to the door, and you can't park near the house at all. Says it looks like a war zone.

The Gov told the national gaurd not to go on to private prperty AT ALL -- so they are clear PARKS of downed limbs (I kid you not).

So I called and pushed my surgey back a week -- so I will go next week and stay for two weeks. IF things are back to normal by then asd my folks have heat and water.

sooooooooooooooooooo on the bright side -- I might be with DH when I O this month after all.

#488 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 01:41 PM

Aimee...we have been trying since October...so 3-4 months? Not very long. for you!

As for the nights...we are in the same boat. Its miserable. I have to figure something out now. NOt sure what. If I don't get a letdown, she will nurse andnurse and nurse, so if my supply drops I have no idea what I am going to do. She screams if I don't give her the boob or if dh goes to her. It's gonna be a long road! I sure wish she would just start sleeping more at night!

And why is it that everyone thinks now that I am prego its time to wean? That is the response I have gotten...my mom said, "Well,this will sure give you the incentive you need to get her weaned." My nephew is 2 months older, his mom is pregnant again, and they still give him a bottle at night but no one is saying that to them! WTF?

Anyway...

Jillybeans: :
#489 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 02:02 PM

nevermind. I started bleeding again. WTH? The nurse said to count today as day 2. :

#490 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

jilly -- i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry

#491 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Jill
#492 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
I got today. Very faint line, but the same as with dd. I feel like there are some of you that are way more deserving than I am...who have been here so much longer.
: congratulations! don't feel bad! i understand why you do but just because it is hard for some doesn't mean it should be for all! we're happy for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
Hey ladies, just popped in to let you know that I went to my first weigh in today with Weight Watchers, and after a week of carefully following the Flex plan I've lost 5.2 lbs! YAY! I can't wait to see how much I lose next week!
way to go! good way to pass the ttc time, eating well and if not pregnant then oh well, another month to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkygal View Post
Well, we officially decided to night wean. Tonight's night one. I figure since AF is here we might be able to get a good start on it before I start temping again. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. I had problems with cycles before and being anovulatory, so I know the frequent night nursing isn't helping in that department, and we've not been getting much sleep the last few months. Wish me luck ladies...

Do most of you use a BBT thermometer for temping? I've used a regular digital, but I'm thinking of switching this round. What are those ferning o microscopes called and where do you get one of those?
oh, good luck! what a good dh to take over nights for you for a while! dh doesn't thikn it's a great idea i don't really blame him since he gets up early and works long hours and i stay home but it would still be nice! best of luck on a nice easy and quick process.

yes, i use a BBT. if you have nice obvious jumps then i think it would be fine to use a regular one. i just had one from ttc dd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
I can't night wean, i can't even cut back -- cuz DH won't (says can't) help.
so sorry amiee, you sound very tired and frustrated right now. hopefully you can nap with ds. we are in teh same situation here. grace doesn't want him at night and he doean't want to not get much sleep for a couple nights to get night weaning started. i'd be happy if he'd just take over until like 4 or 5 and then i'd step back in. oh well. most nights here aren't too bad but a long stretch of sleep sounds so heavenly!! i hope you can get something worked out for your self and your family. hope you're all feeling better and glad you can be home for O!

Quote:
we used acupuncture to start labor -- what can it do for conception?
i've heard good things about it's success. worth a try if it helps you to be "doing" something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
nevermind. I started bleeding again. WTH? The nurse said to count today as day 2. :
oh jill.....so sorry.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
And why is it that everyone thinks now that I am prego its time to wean? That is the response I have gotten...my mom said, "Well,this will sure give you the incentive you need to get her weaned." My nephew is 2 months older, his mom is pregnant again, and they still give him a bottle at night but no one is saying that to them! WTF?
here is a link amiee provided a while back that states the benefits of continued nursing by the acadamy of family phycisians.
Quote:
Nursing Beyond Infancy
Breastfeeding should ideally continue beyond infancy, but this is currently not the cultural norm and requires ongoing support and encouragement.85 Breastfeeding during a subsequent pregnancy is not unusual. If the pregnancy is normal and the mother is healthy, breastfeeding during pregnancy is the woman's personal decision. If the child is younger than two years of age, the child is at increased risk of illness if weaned. Breastfeeding the nursing child after delivery of the next child (tandem nursing) may help to provide a smooth transition psychologically for the older child.61

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#493 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

very fustrated

looking for an OB to help me

see we had DS with CNM

and my GYN doens't do OB care any longer

I found a pratice i wanted to interveiw -- looks good on paper -- called them today

they refuse to even see me

they will not do a concult on OB -- they give you some basics on the phone and expect you to choose from there..................

they won't accept new GYN

They won't count me as OB till I am pg -- adn then they can not promise to get me in.........and again no consult "take it orleave it"

I told them -- truth -- we are TTC again and having touble and wanted to see someone about it. supposedly IF I can get a fam pratice doc to refere me for INFERTLITY -- they will consider it based on data provided by fam Pratice doc............

sooooooooooooooooooooooo I am so screwed. Not only can i not find a provier for IF I get preggo -- I can't find an OB to work with to GET THAT WAY.............................really you would think every OB would want o help you get PG cuz that is more bussiness for them (once you are PG) KWIM??

AImee

#494 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 02:49 PM

we faced that problem here too aimee. It's crappy.

I am so frustrated! I'm having cramps like I normally do with af, but it is just light bleeding again! I guess I can't do anything until i see tomorrow's temp. The nurse said the clomid wouldn't hurt a fetus, but i really don't want to take my chances. If things are still weird by tomorrow I'll demand a blood test.

#495 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Jilly -----

i agree with teh blood test

even if you gop in FULLY expecting a neg -- better safe than sorry...

sooooooooo WHAT did you DO?

I called another doc -- he is one of the higly rec birth OBs here (called amale mid-wife and highly sought after). lone man in his pratice. I contected him when we started TTC and eh told me he was full GYN side, but to contact him when i had a due date and eh'd see if he had room for me -- i have been told by two local doulas not to get my hopes up -- he rarely has room -- i left a message for his nurse to see if MAYBE he'd agree to see me (I said "even jsut a time or two") since we've been trying 6 months....actaully 5 buttttttttttttt

I can call my GYN -- I should be goneing this week for a pap anyway -- i reschdued when i thought i'd be OT -- i could try to talk to the nurse and remind her we are nurseing and see when of the other doc int he office she;'d suggest -- prob ther eis if i get preggo there -- there are 7 docs on delievery rotationa dn ONE I knwo i don't like................but I COULD stay there if I could get some help getitng preggo. I'd looooove to talk to my GYN but as he can't even do a pap ona pg woman, without doing OB care, i know he won't be alklowed to help me, or able to anyway since he isn't up on OB any more.................

I guess i'll wait till tomorow and see what the nurse calls back with -- i am expecting the wrose.

A

#496 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

whaty really sucks -- is with the missed POAS O tests this weekend -- i may have missed the surge (today is CD 15) and then I'd have NO CLUE if I Oed thismonth, or when.....................so anyway you look at it this month is a bust.

I fear any doc is gonna want to see 3 good months of charts and I don't ahve them, and to get them is gonna take me up to TTC month 8 or 9 ............ and i am afeared no one will help me till then................

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i am beyond fustrated at this poiunt.

#497 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Aimee if you want to know more about the Eastern approach to infertility get the book the Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis(maybe from the library). As I said we conceived ds that way (we tried Clomid even and it didn't work)I took a good 5 month of weekly treatments, but my body and hormones were severely messed up, plus dh's swimmers were not swimming. So you can regulate your cycle, you can o, you can regulate your hormones in general. It helped me even avoid a misscarriage with my ds.
There are statistics out there that say the the IVF success rate goes around 20% if combined with Traditional Chinese Medicine. Same goes for Clomid, etc.
If we are not pregnant by the summer, I will go again.
The key is finding a TCM practioner that is experienced with Infertility. Just call and ask.
Would keep your mind of things and I think you could see someone soon....not like your OBs
Hugs,
Liane

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#498 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

add another ob rejection to the list -- 6 month + waiting list to get in........i am on the list -- but franky if i am not Preggo by THEN -- I will stop trying and move on adoption -- or wait till T is in school and move ona adopting.

the nurse was very nice and refered me to an OPB that the doc is freinds with -- who they refer to..............

next..............................

I might call our acuputuirst -- butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt i don't know what to do wuith T -- I can't go lay and relax for an houras a pin cusion like i did PG -- with an active 14 month old..............

a

#499 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 03:43 PM

aimee, i got lucky and a spot opened up. I had VERY detailed charts. I suggest you do anything you can to make your charts perfect.

#500 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 03:56 PM

Again...I'm behind. Sooo much going on with me and I'm finally taking it easy for a couple days due to mastitis kicking my butt! I was actually going to temp for a few days when 1. my thermometer broke (and we're too broke to afford a new one at the moment) and 2. I got mastitis, so have a fever anyway. Maybe it's the universe's way of telling me I should stick with my laid-back, just let things happen this month approach.

Jill ... You are such a strong mama. It is my sincere hope that you get some answers soon and that soon you are holding a baby (or two...or three) in your arms!

Aimee... to you, too! How frustrating not being able to find an OB that will take you / help you out.

forestrymom ... Congratulations!!! : I'm hoping we all join you soon!!!
#501 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

I got AN OB APPT.

The doc who i wanted who had a 6 month waiting list -- reccommend one -- i called and got in the 6th of Feb. I will have a pap (I still need my 4th clean one since HPV_ and we will talk about conection..........

QUESTION:

if I go back to temping NOW -- can it help at all -- or is this month just plan lost?????????? can it show anythign at this point?????

#502 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 04:18 PM

mama_nym - I am sorry you are down with mastitis. I have had two very nasty bouts of it and it is miserable. I don't know if you are on antibiotics for it, but have you tried raw garlic to get rid of it? I was able to knock it out in a matter of a couple of days both times and was feeling improved within 24 hours.
#503 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 04:39 PM

aimee- i'm glad you're seeing someone, who? please do your best to be patient, 5 months isn't very long, especially while nursing, but i know you're frustrated and hopefully this doc can help you feel better about how things are going. temping now will help to show you if you've Oed or not. you could still get a temp jump. if no temp jump you will atleast know you already Oed or possibly didn't this month, though it has seemed that you have been Oing so i bet you did.

#504 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 04:45 PM

jill- how are you doing?

mama nym-oh so sorry about the mastitis!! take care of your self! sometimes it seems the universe is really trying to tell us something..... my problem is listening!

#505 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
mama nym-oh so sorry about the mastitis!! take care of your self! sometimes it seems the universe is really trying to tell us something..... my problem is listening!

MINE TOO

#506 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah --

I am seeing

Melina Hansen -- she is one of 4 in an office too -- one of the smaller offices in town (on our insurence) -- which is cool too -- cuz it was even an office on my "maybe to interveiw" list........

surrogaemommytoB -- how are things??

mama_nym -- I am sure you know...........REST, WATER, NURSE...soak in hot tubs. put hot compresses in your bra (even if you don't normally wear one); nurse right after hot baths, massage......more rest, more water, more nurseing.......I just got over a bad case.

Quote:
Traditional Chinese Medicine
--- how do you suggest finding one???

#507 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Sarah --

I am seeing

Melina Hansen -- she is one of 4 in an office too -- one of the smaller offices in town (on our insurence) -- which is cool too -- cuz it was even an office on my "maybe to interveiw" list........
i've heard her recommended before, by a midwife actually. could you let me know what oyu think? i'm always looking for good docs to recommend to clients that don't/can't use a midwife. good luck!

#508 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

will do Sarah

GLAD you hear you have heard good things, make sme feel better.

Miznter refered me to her -- he has a 6 month waiting list -- IF he'll put you on it for all GYN, non-pg OB issues (and actually won't take a strcitly GYN from what i hear)......she s a buddy of his -- acroding to the nurse -- and who he refer to if he can't see someone.......soooooo i felt fairly confdent to at lesat meet her.

Aimee

#509 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:

mama_nym -- I am sure you know...........REST, WATER, NURSE...soak in hot tubs. put hot compresses in your bra (even if you don't normally wear one); nurse right after hot baths, massage......more rest, more water, more nurseing.......I just got over a bad case.
this just makes me laugh. She's nursed so long I think she would be the one i went to BEFORE a LLL leader! :

Bleeding has increased some, again, and is a bit more like normal af color. I think it's ending.

#510 of 1036 Old 01-16-2007, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

i know

but

it doesn't hurt to hear

(i guess -- didn't mean to insult : )

Aimee

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page