--- NURSING MOMMAS -- TTC in Jan and now FEB -- JOIN US --- - - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
surromommy2be- What about ICSI? It is where they actually inject the sperm nto the egg for fertilization and then inplant it in the womb once it has developed into a zygot(sp?) They call it ZIFT when they use this form. It bypasses all the tube and sperm issues. It's worth looking into but is expensive. Good luck

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#122 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 01:39 PM

Aimee were going to go ahead and try home insems for a cycle or two and then if that dosnt work maybe either iui or ivf with IM eggs. Just IVF is really expesive is the only reason we dont go that route first and with me being her surrogate there is a lot of hurdles to go through but we will see i'm open to anything that lets them have there baby. I told them that if we went IVF then I would drop all my cost. They are so amazed by that decison but I told them that when I decided to become a surrogate that I didnt get in it for the money anyway.:
#123 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 01:41 PM

to the new mamas on the block.
to all mamas waiting to o or in the 2ww.

surromommy2be -

Aimee - I've always heard and read that if you are a generally healthy couple you should conceive within 6 months to a year. Now, I don't know if you have other info that you know is effecting your fertility if that changes things. I don't think it would hurt to at least talk to a doc if you are concerned. Are you still interviewing OBs? It took me and DH from July to November to conceive DD. This time we've also been trying since July.

mommajb and others who are liking looking at charts, I wish I could figure out how to show you mine. My temps look like the Rocky Mountains, though I think I'm doing pretty good with timing. FF hasn't given me a Ovulation date yet, but I feel like I should be in the 2ww. I've taken 8 negative OPKs I think... I've finally noticed EWCM yesterday, but I generally don't. The only other time I really noticed CM other than rare occasions is when I was pregnant with DD. I don't get any of the ususal pregnancy symptoms until well into pregnancy, so this will be an adventure.

If anybody knows how to share you chart with others, please share how to with me...

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#124 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Note: we are going OT tongiht (thur) and will be home Tue -- I will try to check in Friday night at my folks -- but they have dial up and we willhave a full day of travel and such --

I will check up everything on TUESADY -- if you think of it -- mark in bold, in your posts, changes that i need to make so i don't miss any !!!

I want to add a lot of success stories when i get back -- so let's get out there and pee on some sticks.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#125 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM

theresa:

Personally, if you've been using the "regiment" and it isn't working, i would try clomid. That's what i'm doing. It doesn't really affect nursing, i haven't seen a drop in supply at all. And i thought it was better than taking away nursing from dd. just my honest opinion.

Aimee: If i were in your shoes, as hard as it would be, i would wait before going in for help. THE ONLY reason is that your son is 90% breastfed. The only reason we went in for help again is because my dd is only nursing about twice a day, and shouldn't affect fertility much (according to ob) if he starts to drop nursing some and things don't change much, i'd reconsider.

christina: Good luck to you all, i'll some some very serious prayers. And you are an amazing woman and a true blessing to their lives.

eastky: pming you in a sec.

Ok, we didn't do it last night. We were both really tired. I REALLY hope we didn't miss it! But my temp was the same today. Cross you fingers and toes! :

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#126 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

sarah

did you see your normal doc yet? is she going to change you meds for you

tttt -- tot trying to type -- this needs a smilie -- and easy one!!!!!

did you -- are you going to ask or talk in general about the cycle issues -- ie see if ther eis any other reason or thing that could be the cause?

Jilly

I am soooo pulling for you

Ds's nurseing is the ONLY reason I havn't spoken to a provider yet -- that and not really haivng one....we won't use the CNM again, and she isn't medical anyway ....my GYN doesn't do any ob care any more as much as i klike him; so i don't know that he could help....and i don't yet have an OB.......................buttttttttttttttttttt i know all i will hear is "wean" and they ewon't even really think about it or discuss it...so what is the point. i try to offer more and more food, but i jut don't see HOW to slow down, limit, effect Theodores nurseing..................ideas?????

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#127 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 03:30 PM
zak

Jill: Crossing fingers and toes for you!

Aimee: In this fertility (FAM) book I'm reading right now I think it said that most couples will conceive within the first year of trying and if left to their own devices (naturally, no intervention) will conceive within the 2nd year on their own. I know timing is essential - but T is still nursing a lot. It will change a LOT in the next 6 months. Reid was the type to nurse every 2 hours day and night past his 1st birthday. Around 17 months things really slowed down. He's now 21 months and some days he goes all day without asking. He is pretty consistant at night still - nursing 1-3 times. Just recently he went two nights in a row without nursing - he's NEVER done that!

Personally, if it gets to be one year of TTC and we aren't successful, I think we'll seek some help - just to find out what the issue(s) may be.

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#128 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 03:35 PM

aimee: I really have no advice because Grace is doing it herself! Seriously, some days(ok most days) i have to beg her. Borderline force her. I don't want her to wean! But she is down to twice a day and walks off if I offer during the day, at night i have to make her, and in the morning, the time she actually wants me, she scoffed me today! :

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#129 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Theodore is a little older than her !!!

The really fustrating thing -- is -- in part anyway -- that AF came back at 7 weeks pp -- sooooooo i never got the benifit of BF that is no AF. AND for teh first 7 months I got vivisted by AF every TWO WEEKS .. not only did she not go away cuz of BF she moved in with me!!!

So now that I do want to TTC -- I can't seem to get it to work -- but it isn't that AF sisn't back --

KWIM????

seems to be only reasonable -- since AF has been back since 7 weeks pp -- and so obviouly nurseing doesn't effect HER -- that nureing should not effect the rest of it ------------ now it s very apparent that i am wrong --------- but i am jsut saysing "what seems logical and reasonable"

I think i am bothered because

1. what is happneing does not seem logical or reasonable

2. AF came back right away (a lady i used to work with FF adn didn't get AF till week 10 pp) -- so i am getting all the bluck with no benifit

3. i am do not like things that are so - woo woo -- i like A + B = C ... this does that .... not "well A + B might maybe = C today, but not tomorrow, but it could actually equal G too"

------------tttt------------

4, i do not like failur of any sorts

Aimee

#130 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM

ahh aimee, welcome to chaos, right? I've had an incredibly hard time dropping my type-a personality(ok, i haven't yet!) for ttc. Control freaks and ttc DO NOT MIX!

#131 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

that woudl be ME alrught

and i am going nUTS -- NUTSi tell you

A

#132 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
Control freaks and ttc DO NOT MIX!
Amen!

So what's up with this- AF was due either Wednesday or tomorrow, I seem to vary between 26 & 28 day cycles. I've been feeling like AF is impending, and got BFNs on Monday & Wednesday. Last night there was a tinge of pink on the TP, which is odd because AF almost always arrives in the late morning. Then DH and I dtd, which I thought would at least get some more AF flow kicked up if that's what it was. But since then there's been no more blood and since yesterday morning I've had CM that is almost EW looking! WTH is up here?

Leigh
Mama to Allison (1/05) and Lizzie (11/07)
#133 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Control freaks and ttc DO NOT MIX!
I called a freind today -- my baby sister really -- and talked.

she is TTC #3 -- but not nurseing -- her boys are 6 and will be 5 next week.

Today was her first day to test -- 14 DPO -- I called to SEE WHAT THE TEST WAS -- becauseit was past 1 pom (and the middleof the break in teh hs day at thier house) and i still had not heard from her.....................she didn't realize she could test today!!!!!!!!! I had to count it all out for her....and she says "oh i guess i'll but a test today and test int eh morning"

can we all tell she is the LESS obsessed of our freindship...............

My I am going : : : : :

#134 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 05:25 PM

Aimee, I'm right there with you. I've had af back since 6 months pp, and I've been charting and ov sticking since July, so I know I'm ovulating, and all that jazz, but it's just not working. I wish there were answers for you. I will say though, that when I saw my ob and talked to him about ttc, he was actually very nice and helpful and offered me prometrium and clomid (in that order) if I wanted them. He didn't suggest at all that I cut back on Ds's nursing, which I was TOTALLY surprised at, because like you, that was all I expected to hear. So really, it may not be as bad as you think. I've had a really hard time dealing with the fact that my body isn't working the way I want it to. When I was planning TTC, I had a 3 month window in mind, thinking it would be easy to get pg (heck, Ds was a FAM to avoid accident, so it must be easy, right? ) Well, that period of time has come and gone twice now, and it sucks. I totally feel like a failure and that taking the clomid my doc has so nicely offered is akin to admitting that my body is broken and I'm just not ok with that, yk?

You are so right when you say that control freaks and ttc don't mix.
#135 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
When I was planning TTC, I had a 3 month window in mind, thinking it would be easy to get pg (heck, Ds was a FAM to avoid accident, so it must be easy, right? )
I too had a 3 or 4 month wimdow in mind -- DS took 3 months......and AF has been back soooooooooooooooooooooo darn long...................i didn't really think the nurseing would effect us..................WRONG

------------------ I guess maybe it is NOT the nurseing, maybe it is my age, 34, or who kows what : -----------------------

Heck -- I'd admit my body was messed up and take something -- the impatince and "plans" (baby in 07, ds and baby 24 months apart, so on) and my obsession are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond any pride i have in my body doing what it si supposed to (now once i am pg -- that changes)...heck I'd take someing just to UP my chances, or cut my wait time, even if I wasn't nurseing..........Can you tell that patience is not not not not my strongest point???????? :

Maybe I wouldn't care so much if i had a reason..........if i knew...........if i had anaswers..........

Next week I want to call the new OBGYN office and see if i can set up a meeitng.............buttttttttttttttttttttttttt i wonder how much a NEW doc who has only just met me, is gonna be willing to work with me???? See my GYN can not do any OB care -- not even a pap on me when PG (I do however have an appt with him this month for the last of my 4 paps -- HPV -- and this is my last one, if it si clean, i am cleared) sooooooooooooo i do not think he can do anything to help me get pg either -- i think that IS OB care........ ???????

guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

#136 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:04 PM

Gosh, you are in such a tough spot. At least I know why I'm not getting pg (late ov and short lp). I don't know if your gyn will help at all given your situation. I'm sure mine just sees it as more business for himself, so why not help me get pg again? I may just try for one more month. I don't know though. Maybe not. I'm so indecisive and impatient. Maybe we'll see in another week or so when I get af again (that's one good thing about short lp--my 2ww is only about 6 days long : ).
#137 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:17 PM

wow...i just can't keep up these days. this thread is really active right now! i have been reading while dd nurses but typing is hard, she likes to quite nursing and help. she is actually playing nicely by herself right now so i need to be quick!

oddly enough, i am feeling quite patient right now and feeling that things will happen when they are meant to, but that could very well be because i'm pre O and i tend to get more anxious post O. i'm sending out my calm vibes to all those stressing! i certainly do not mean to diminish the feelings of impatience, worry, frustration, and so on. i completely understand them. i also understand the desire to do something to help.

best of luck to all those testing this week, we need some more positives! yeah!

Jill, i am here to cheer for your CM any time you need me! i hope you didn't miss your window too. bd tonight, with no temp spike yet you are still in the window of catching it! i hope you get a bit more cm to help those spermies swim though! Come on CM for Jill!! EWCM!!

amiee, not what you want to hear but i say be patient (as much as that is possible!) you do not have a history of infertility, you are still with in 1 year of trying, heck 6 months even! nursing makes it harder, even if you are oing regularly it just makes things more difficult, it may take more time. i'd wait atleast 2 or 3 more cycles with GOOD charting so you have some evidence to take in and something for the doc to work with.

i got my thyroid med increased, yeah! hope to be feeling better within a week or so. hopefully this cycle won't be totally messed up because of it. i am feeling like crap, dd is not sleeping well, up at 2:30 the last 3 nights and staying up for hours! i have been temping but i know they can't be terribly reliable right now because i am certainly not getting 3 hours of solid sleep before temping! soooo tired! i think my body is fighting something right now, glands swollen and sore in my neck, tired, no energy,on and on.... hope it passes soon!

i'm going to take a look at how i posted my chart and i'll put directions up for everyone, we need more charts to stalk!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#138 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

surrmommy2b

i put you back on waiting to o

aimee

#139 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 PM

okay, open both MDC and FF. on the left side of the page on FF click on sharing and then homepage set up. it opens a page where you can add some text to show on the top of your chart and other options. at the very top is a box that says Your Charting Homepage Web Address, copy this.

Go to MDC and to edit your sig. click on the "insert link" tool, the globe and paper clip looking thing. it opens a box that says insert the address here, paste you ff website there. it automatically puts it into your text and you simply put : chart : (no spaces) where it highlights for you and that is what shows in your sig and it is linked to that web page that should auto update for you.

okay, hope that isn't too complicated, good luck and let me know if you need more help.

sarah

#140 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:39 PM

ARRRRGGGG! Another negative opk! Although darker. The burning questions:
Did i already surge?
Am i surging soon?
Will I o tomorrow?
Will i o before saturday so that the clomid will work?!

#141 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:46 PM

the reading i've done on opk (admittedly not extensive) says they are not terribly reliable. it is possible they just aren't registering this month. just keep bding and temping and hopefully it is soon!!

just checked out your chart, guessing by what's there nd past charts, i'd say you should O in the next day, maybe 2. looks like everything is lining up for it. GOOD LUCK!!! :

#142 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:50 PM

you'd think they be registering better this month more than previous months because i'm on clomid. Hmm

#143 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM

okay, looking for charts to stalk and on this page there is only aimee, jill, and me......we need more charts! (i know there are others but i didn't go back very far)

#144 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Will i o before saturday so that the clomid will work?!
why do you hav eto O before Sat?

What do you mean for the C to work?

I thought the C made you O?

???????????

#145 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
okay, looking for charts to stalk and on this page there is only aimee, jill, and me......we need more charts! (i know there are others but i didn't go back very far)
yoga has one too

A

#146 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
the reading i've done on opk (admittedly not extensive) says they are not terribly reliable
intresting -- i have never seen anything like that -- everything i have seen says they are relibale -- just like home pg test?

What did you read

A

#147 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 PM

aimee, Clomid is considered to "work" if you O 5-9 days after the last pill. The last day for me will be saturday(cd18)

#148 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
intresting -- i have never seen anything like that -- everything i have seen says they are relibale -- just like home pg test?

What did you read

A
that basically they are like hpt, but like using a 100m/IU test at 10DPO. that they aren't sensitive enough for many women. i don't know if i can find it again. it was like consumer reports or an investigative report by someone. doubt it's still in my history but i'll check.

#149 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 PM

Anyone else had a bruised feeling? (I'm kind of weirded out that my uterus feels bruised, I'm curious if any of y'all have been through that or know what could be going on. Is AF coming?)
#150 of 1036 Old 01-04-2007, 07:10 PM

firstkidforme- last month i had weird uterine feelings but it was around O and not AF or preg so i don't think i can help. sorry! does it hurt all the time or only if touched? hopefully it is a little embryo implanting! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page