--- NURSING MOMMAS -- TTC in Jan and now FEB -- JOIN US --- - - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know I never thought I would be so happy to see is that funny or what
#182 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
Guess what is here so We will be doing insems on the 16th 17th 18th so wish us luck.

Good luck!

Isn't it crazy how happy you can be to see af when she hasn't been around in a while

and then other times.....

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#183 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
sorry about the mama milk, that would be frustrating and sad!

how long? is this your first month charting? 20-22 day O isn't all that late but it certainly makes a difference on when you choose to test and thinking you're late. hopefully you have an obvious O in the next couple days. I'll be stalking....

I've thought about night weaning also. I just don't think dd would go for it. right now i'm trying to comfort her with snuggles and back rubbing when she wakes through the night. it works now and then but she certainly lets be know when she wants to nurse! She pries my eyes open and frantically signs nurse or she just helps herself!

hhmmmm....you didn't get a postive POAS until 8 weeks with dd? how frustrating!! so you aren't sure when you Oed? what DPO were you thinking you were? a neg blood test (i believe) is unusual unless very soon after conception. can that be very difficult to get like a POAS can be for some people? i'm sorry this is happening, so frustrating to not know! At least there is still hope though! I just went through this exact same thing this month, you don't by chance have hypothyroidism do you?

Sperm can live for 5 days in the right environment i.e. fertile CM. i have also heard 7 days but have read several things disputing that and saying it is pretty unrealistic, but potentially possible. (I teach a sex education course to mentally ill/abused kids so I read this stuff for "work" and fun! )
I just got my thyroid tested last month (I had a wonky period, 15 days late, twice as heavy and long, I thought I had miscarried, but they did a test that said I was never pregnant, so they drew blood to check my thyroid.) My test was in normal limits, according to the letter I got in the mail. When we get settled in our new apartment (we're moving to San Diego on February 15) I'm going to buy a basal thermometer, possibly an ovuscope, and Taking Charge of Your Fertility so that I can start doing proper charting (unless anyone is willing to part with them cheap.)
#184 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
I haven't heard that, but have heard 5 days after implantation. (which i assume means five days after it starts )
:
#185 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 09:17 PM

Wow! A ton to catch up on!

Jill- : you'll o tonight/tomorrow - c'mon +opk and temp rise!!!

surromommy - Funny when you get excited to see af : that everything goes well for all of you!

firstkid4me - With my second (conceived while nursing) I didn't test positive until 6 weeks past ovulation (8 weeks pregnant) and had a blood test at 4 weeks past o that was negative. All hope is not lost! : for you!!!

I'm not charting this month - just going with the flow. It think I'm cd16 (keep losing track!) and have a decent amount of ewcm the past couple days, so am praying I'm o'ing and don't have another 50 day cycle!

to all!

mama nym
#186 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 09:27 PM

mama_nym I like your siggy.

A few irl friends knew that we were talking about ttc but I don't know if any know were are actually ttc. I am actually a bit apprehensive as to what the reaction will be. Many people will be happy for us but the shared glee does tend to diminish after the second baby.

What makes it secretly ttc for you?

#187 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 09:32 PM

Hi guys! I do need to go back and read through what I've missed.

But I wanted to say Please move me to waiting to O. I'm on CD 1 now.
#188 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 09:58 PM

hello,
major stalker here

i read every single post and my heart races with joy when i see "bfp"
and sinks with every af.
i just have lots of trouble keeping up with all the posts.

but i do have question, does a pos opk, tons of ewcm and high soft cp mean o? or can you have all those thing and still nothing?

and do your nipple kill with ovulation?

thank you all so much for this wonderful environment and & to us all!
#189 of 1036 Old 01-05-2007, 11:15 PM

guess what?

IT'S POSITIVE!

The opk that is. :P

Surromommy: THAT IS GREAT NEWS! HOORAY!

broccolilover: With a + opk you're almost guaranteed to be O'ing. The other signs you can have multiple patches of. I think people with pcos are the only ones that have multiple +opk....i think. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#190 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Congrats on the oing jillybeans.

Put it to good use :
and let us know when you plan to poas!

#191 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 01:07 AM

Well, I got my coverline this morning, even though my temps are wonky (I've been on vacation for the last 2 weeks, so everything is going to look REALLY weird when I start getting up at 5 am again!). So YAY for me and the 2ww! Jillybeans, it looks like we're close together. I hope you get your BFP, and then I'll get one a few days later, ok?
#192 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 AM

I'll probably start testing(if lp is normal) around the 16th or 17th. Actually, I have to test on the 15th, it's my mom's bday.

Theresa, that would be great if we both get bfp's! :

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#193 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 02:30 AM

We need to have buddies that test or O the same time as us
#194 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 02:48 AM

Yeah, I like the o and test buddies idea! I really really hope that I can make it to the 15th to try and test. Let's just say, that would be a record lp for me. The 15th would be 13 dpo. My longest lp so far has ben 8 days. So I'll probably be a maniac and start testing on the 12th provided AF hasn't gotten me (probably not likely, but ttc hope springs eternal!). Fingers crossed for BFP's!!
#195 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 09:13 AM

I am having doubts about ttc now...thus my short absence. Dd is soooo needy right now. I don't know if its teeth or what, but she has been waking up in the middle of the night wanting to play...or waking up at 4 in the am, like this morning, wanting to be up for the day. I just don't know if I have the energy for another with her...and she is so high needs anyway. Its exhausting and she is draining me right now. She still nurses all night long, but almost refuses to nurse during the day. She only seems to need me at night and I just feel tapped out . Right now she is awake fussing in her crib, but I just refuse to make a habit out of getting up and playing when its nighttime! Does that make me a bad ap mommy?

Anyway, I am cd18 and can't tell if I have o'd yet or not. I usually have by now, if I'm gonna O, but no big days of ewcm, and I usually have a noticeable amount. Its been watery, but not ew, so I just don't know. Should I move into the 2ww or what? My cycle is sually 28-30 days, but I have only had 2 visits by AF since dd was born. I almost hope I have and that I'm not pregnant, but I want them to be close in age and I really want another baby. How do you all weigh the pros and cons of that? I just feel so sad this morning about both sides...: . I am sure its the lack of sleep that is making me : .

I got way behind on my reading...so !
#196 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 10:12 AM

I tested this morning.....

And it is a very faint line.........

But I do not think I am imagining things........

BFP BFP BFP

now I need some

#197 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 10:15 AM
zak

I don't have any mega advice, forestrymom, but wanted to say things will change soon. I have a pretty major conviction about nursing for as close to 2 years as possible - if not longer, so we didn't want to TTC too soon after the first birthday - for fear my milk would dry up - so we waited until R was 17-18 months. There is a HUGE difference between 12 months and 18 months.

If you feel you need to take a TTC break, I'm sure it won't be for long!

And if you are pregnant, I'm sure it will be a great blessing!

(((hugs for you))) I hope you are at peace with whatever decide.

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#198 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 10:15 AM
zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post

now I need some

Congrats!!

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#199 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
I am having doubts about ttc now...thus my short absence. Dd is soooo needy right now. I don't know if its teeth or what,
I just don't know if I have the energy for another with her...and she is so high needs anyway. Its exhausting and she is draining me right now.
I think doubts at this point are a sign of understanding what you will have on your very full plate. We are still taking care of a baby and as mothers we start taking care of a new baby before it is even conceived. After a long, wakeful night you are tired. Babies get older and are always changing. I am trying to say hugs and keep your spirits up. More than one child is more work but it is also more joy. I hope you find a happy, peaceful decision for your family (and a nap).

#200 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I think doubts at this point are a sign of understanding what you will have on your very full plate. We are still taking care of a baby and as mothers we start taking care of a new baby before it is even conceived. After a long, wakeful night you are tired. Babies get older and are always changing. I am trying to say hugs and keep your spirits up. More than one child is more work but it is also more joy. I hope you find a happy, peaceful decision for your family (and a nap).
mommajb---that is sooo exciting. I am praying for you!

Thanks for the wise words mamas! I am convinced that I want to nurse until 2 too, and I am hoping that we could...but I know that the likelihood of that is small. We just feel like we are getting "old" and want to continue on our family creation. Oh well...what will be will be right? I will stay here until AF this month, or perhaps a bfp, and then decide.
#201 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surromommy2be View Post
You know I never thought I would be so happy to see is that funny or what
yeah! i'm very happy for you and your IP! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
I just got my thyroid tested last month (I had a wonky period, 15 days late, twice as heavy and long, I thought I had miscarried, but they did a test that said I was never pregnant, so they drew blood to check my thyroid.) My test was in normal limits, according to the letter I got in the mail.
Well, I am VERY sceptical of the "normal" range for thyroid tests. I lived with hypothyroidism and infertility because of it for a few years before finally finding someone that would treat it even though I was technically "normal". If your lab is using the old range of 0.3-5.5 and you are anywhere close to or above 2.5 and have symptoms of it I would push for a trial of levothyroxine or Armour. ( I am talking about the TSH here, it is the best gauge of thyroid function. A high number means an underactive thyroid. The new recommended range is 0.3-3.0.) You may not feel this is the issue, I am just really passionate about the under diagnosis of this disease that affects so very many parts of our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_nym View Post
I'm not charting this month - just going with the flow. It think I'm cd16 (keep losing track!) and have a decent amount of ewcm the past couple days, so am praying I'm o'ing and don't have another 50 day cycle!
I hope! Those long cycles are so hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaCrystal View Post
But I wanted to say Please move me to waiting to O. I'm on CD 1 now.
So sorry mammaCrystal. Hope this is the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolilover View Post
but i do have question, does a pos opk, tons of ewcm and high soft cp mean o? or can you have all those thing and still nothing?

and do your nipple kill with ovulation?
I would say you could be very sure you are Oing with those signs but a temp rise is the only way to konw for sure that it happened. That is my understanding atleast. I'm not sure on the nipple thing. I do notice increased sensitivity and pain at certain times but I think it is more an AF thing. I'll have to pay attention this month.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#202 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
guess what?

IT'S POSITIVE!

The opk that is. :P
Yeah!! Stay busy tonight....and tomorrow!

Quote:
I am having doubts about ttc now...thus my short absence. Dd is soooo needy right now. I don't know if its teeth or what, but she has been waking up in the middle of the night wanting to play...or waking up at 4 in the am, like this morning, wanting to be up for the day. I just don't know if I have the energy for another with her...and she is so high needs anyway. Its exhausting and she is draining me right now. She still nurses all night long, but almost refuses to nurse during the day. She only seems to need me at night and I just feel tapped out . Right now she is awake fussing in her crib, but I just refuse to make a habit out of getting up and playing when its nighttime! Does that make me a bad ap mommy?

Anyway, I am cd18 and can't tell if I have o'd yet or not. I usually have by now, if I'm gonna O, but no big days of ewcm, and I usually have a noticeable amount. Its been watery, but not ew, so I just don't know. Should I move into the 2ww or what? My cycle is sually 28-30 days, but I have only had 2 visits by AF since dd was born. I almost hope I have and that I'm not pregnant, but I want them to be close in age and I really want another baby. How do you all weigh the pros and cons of that? I just feel so sad this morning about both sides...: . I am sure its the lack of sleep that is making me : .

I am going through this right now too but my dd isn't high needs so I now that makes it harder for you! Lack of sleep can really mess with us! Maybe you just need a month or two for her to get past this stage and everything will line back up. I hope everything works out the way you need it to.

Quote:

BFP BFP BFP

now I need some
YEAH!! WHOO HOOO!! !!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#203 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 01:57 PM

I am sending you big hugs, I have felt this way recently too...but I think that after the adjustment phase, things would be just fine...I mean before DD I could not function on 7 hours or less of sleep and I seem - I think - to have adjusted to functioning on 5 or less just fine this past year without the serious issues that would have come up in the past.

Quote:

Lu married to DH, mom to DD Nov 2005, DS Sep 2007 and DD Nov 6, 2009
#204 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:

BFP BFP BFP

now I need some

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Lu married to DH, mom to DD Nov 2005, DS Sep 2007 and DD Nov 6, 2009
#205 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 02:34 PM

forestrymom: All i can offer is a and remember to trust your instincts. You are a good mom for what you've given dd.

Mommajb: You leaving us already?! Congrats!

Soooo my temp went up this morning. A lot. It couldn't be a sleep-deprived-hot-in-here thing. I must have o'd right after the surge peak because i got a very - at 1:30pm, a + at 5:30(thank god i tested then!) and my temp rose this am! I took another opk after waking and it's almost +. Hmm.

#206 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 02:39 PM

I woke up this morning with a BIG case of the hornies, but AF came this afternoon (so I'm not going to get any )

Sarah, I'll call and ask for the specific results on Monday.

Sticky baby vibes to all those with a BFP!
#207 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 03:04 PM

congrats
#208 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 03:58 PM

the the - Whoo-Hoo!!!! and a happy nine months!!!

mommajb - I got my BFP with DD on the day of implantation bleeding, but I guess you don't have to wonder when to test now...

Okay, what constitutes a temp rise? Today I went from 98.4(3) to 98.6. I haven't been at 98.6 since I was taking my progesterone to stop the excessive bleeding. I missed day 20 with my OPK and the interpretor says o is likely to occur anywhere between day 20 and 22. CM is back to sticky I think. If I did o, I hope we caught the eggie... we've been traveling... Long live little spermies.

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/eastkygal

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#209 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Soooo my temp went up this morning. A lot. It couldn't be a sleep-deprived-hot-in-here thing. I must have o'd right after the surge peak because i got a very - at 1:30pm, a + at 5:30(thank god i tested then!) and my temp rose this am! I took another opk after waking and it's almost +. Hmm.
Sounds like you know right when it happened. Good luck!

Thanks for all the congrats. I do not think I have absorbed the news yet. All the planning and thinking then life goes on - paper routes, play dates, runaway dogs, lunch, naps, cleaning.... I probably need some time alone with hubby so I can talk outloud.

When the two wee ones went down for a nap I came to this thread to poke around. If you do not mind I think I'll still lurk a bit to wish you ladies happy thoughts and short stays.

#210 of 1036 Old 01-06-2007, 04:20 PM

that's a hard one eastky. hmm. I need to ponder it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page