--- NURSING MOMMAS -- TTC in Jan and now FEB -- JOIN US --- - - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
update 3

I moved Cliara Rose and eastkygirl to 2 week wait

: : let the mind games begin

OK

I have made 9 of the 15 updates i need to make -- DS is crying and won't play any longer --soooooooooooooooooo the rest will be done pafter bedtime tonight

let me know if I have made any mistakes -- but don't assume i have missed you till later (unless you are new)

Aimee

\

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#242 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 08:17 PM

I need to be moved to the 2ww too aimee!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#243 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
I went out and bought a digital basal thermometer at Walmart today. I was really hoping they'd have an ovuscope there, but I couldn't find one! They don't carry it anymore! We waited for about an hour for the pharmacy to open just to be told that they no longer carry them. ARGH!
I saw one at saveontests.com. I have no idea what they usually go for, so I don't know if it is a good deal. Just wanted to let you know

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#244 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

another update --

Jillybean, Surromimmy and Yago are not curret

I will get the rest later

DS is with DH but now screaming

A

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#245 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

ok ladies

final updates -- are in -- from the days i was gone

forestrymom -- 2ww

mommytsa -- 2www

firstkid4me -- w to o

Broccolilover -- 2ww

I THINK that completes everything from while i was at MIL house. I had 15 updates, and 10 pages of post -- soooooooooo if I missed anythign PLEASE forgive me and let me know, i will take care of it ASAP.

We are still waiting to O. I am try9ing to be better about charting. if nothing else -- then i can show it to someone in a few months and ask WHY I AM NOT PG???

I am going to go to MO in 12 days to stay with my folks for 2 weeks and have lens replacements done (catoract sugery) one eye a week. I have a differnt kinda catoract that I can't begin to spell -- but i have had them since birth, they are getting wrose with age, but are not old age catoracts. It is a tiny bit more risky than the run-of-the-mill sugery...but as i now am not allowed to drive at night...we have to do something if i am to function as a mom. I will have computer access while there, and will check in and keep things up todate .. promise.

DS and I will go alone -- 7 hours from home -- as DH is swamped and took almost 2 weeks of holiday season anyway.

soooooooooo counting to estimate O dates -- based on a 30 or 31 days cycle (which this last one was) I will O on the Monday before I leave, so we could possible cacth that egg.....based on 39 days cycle (and the last two before this were 37 adn 39) I O while gone. BUttttttttttttttt DH said maybe he'd come see me over the weekend IF that was the case...............

soooooooooooooooooooooooo this month doesn't look good............but we got DS with one BD in the window while in a hotel in KC THE NIGHT we got called there cuz tehy thought MIL had a stroke. at 2 am we ran to a hotel to shower and get a nap -- still no idea what was wrong with her -- adn fit in a quicky cuz it was THE WEEKEND 0-- only time we DTD during the window that month of stress adn choas --a nd that is when we got DS .....soooooooooooooo i won't count this month out till AF shows up in Feb.

I am so sorry I have missed so much ---------- I will keep up better for teh next 12 days.

to the mommas worried about weaning to get AF and fertility back ---- i am hardly one to talk, on month 5 here, butttttttttttttt I am doing POAS O tests and am pretty sure i am Oing -- now DH needs to tell the boys to hit the target ----- buttttttttttttttttttttt a lot of reading i have done says that to group feedings, and thus get more "down time" between feeding -- is as good as weaning .... espically -- for some reason -- if you can get bigger breask AT NIGHT -- course my DS will go 6 hours in teh day time, but rarely 2.5 at night (if he reading the same books I am??). so don't rush to wean...................................

AImee

#246 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:28 PM

HI all...does anyone know how soon your milk can start to dry up if you are pregnant? My DD has been telling me a LOT the past few days that my breasts are "empty". Not sure if it's possible to be happening so soon??

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#247 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:39 PM

OK, I'm new here and getting a headache from trying to decipher all the inititials! Can someone explain?
AF
DPO
O (ovulating?)
DD and DS (darling daughter/son?)

I can figure out others... thanks!
#248 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

??????

I am half way though Adventures in tandom Nurseign -- and the most consistenat thing is EVERY WOMAN and EVERY Pregancy are differnt.

I would , personally, be surpised to have your milk dry up too fast -- are you sure you are Pg, how far along? I am under the impression it changes tasest first, then slowly drying up -- or decresses -- and not everyone totally looses it (and not everyone seeing a drop at all).......

Could there be anything other reason???

check out these older thread on upping milk while PG

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=558020

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=491529

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=559452

#249 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

af = aunt flo = your period
DOP = days past ovulation
o date = date of ovluation
cd = cycle day (here cloth dipaer something, read for contect)
dh = dear hubby
ds = dear son
ds = dear daughter
poas = pee on a stick
opk = ovulation perdictor
BFN = neg pg test - i think it is big F&^%ing Neg -- but i am not sure.....

HPT = home pg test
ff = fertilty freind a web site for charting a lot of us oare also on

what else.........................

#250 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 PM

OK, I'm new here and getting a headache from trying to decipher all the inititials! Can someone explain?
AF
DPO
O (ovulating?)
DD and DS (darling daughter/son?)

I can figure out others... thanks!

Anyway, I'd like to conceive...still BF on demand my 15 month old DD (did I use it right?) Anyone have success with this? I have no interest in weaning her. I have not had my period yet and have no idea whether or not I'm ovulating, thought I've started paying attention to my CM...

Any thoughts? baby Ayla married to Mikey: : our bed includes 3 : !
#251 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

you sound like an old pro already

: :

Read the first post int eh thread -- adn let me know what list to add you too ----- I would suggest the Waiting to Cathc the first PP eggie -- but it is up to you................................

A

#252 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:53 PM

aylasmama(love that name by the way! Next dd will be ayla) go here:
http://www.twolines.co.uk/jargon.html

Welcome btw!

aimee good luck with the surgery! drive safely! And give your dh a kiss. He's such a guy for being willing to drive all that way to get you pg!

so i really hope my temp goes up in the morning. Cross your fingers gals.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#253 of 1036 Old 01-07-2007, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Jilly

I bookmarked the page too -- there were some in didn't know

ahhhhhhhhh wellllllllllllllll to get me PG................kinda ....................... to meet his own appite................. THAT plays a BIG role too -- dh is NOT one for teh celbate life.............. when he was in traning for 6 months right after we married he flew me down to see him once a month, more than any other wife.........

I have my finger and toes crossed for you

----------also I forgot --- the last twi night DS has only wonken TWICE over night (one night my folks house, one night MIL house ---- ohhhhhhhhhhhh if he will only stay with that here at home.................)

#254 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 12:03 AM

I don't even know if I am just yet, it just seems like a weird coincidence. I didn't have anything like this with DS. DD did nightwean (mostly) the past few weeks, but I don't think that should affect daytime too much...it never affected me before when DS nightweaned and he was a HUGE nurser!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#255 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 12:13 AM
zak

Welcome back, Aimee!

Still hanging in with high temps!

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#256 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

zak

when are you going to POAS

A

#257 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraRose View Post
I saw one at saveontests.com. I have no idea what they usually go for, so I don't know if it is a good deal. Just wanted to let you know
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to shop around a little bit, but I'm bookmarking that site!

Anyone have any feedback for Fertile Focus OvuScope or OvaTel Ovulation Microscope?
#258 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 12:57 AM

Wow you girls get busy if you miss a half day you have like 2 pages to catch up on

Any way my DS is 15 months and I went to the doc and said I was going to start TTC( I told them for a surrogate pregnancy) and they gave me Medroxyprogesterone to bring on Well i was suppose to take it for 10 days and it would bring her on and if I didnt get it within 3 weeks from date I started it I need to call her Well anyway I took it for 2 days in a row 3 day was really late taking it and there she was. So I didnt take anymore of them. I suggest if you really want to start TTC but still no AF then go talk to your OBGYN and they will help you out.

Now for my question. Ok this is my first AF since my son was born. Warning TMI She is full blast and this is day 4 Has this happend to anyone else I think she is going to hang around for a few extra days but I cant take it anymore like this I'm going through a Tampon (super) in 20 min and I added a pad to that too so now I go through both in 30 min. How long did your first PPAF last? And were they heavy like this one?:
#259 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 01:05 AM
zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
zak

when are you going to POAS

A
Maybe Saturday, since I'd be CD28 and 14DPO... but I'll probably try to wait a bit longer than that. I just can't bear to see any more negatives... I'd rather be surprised by AF at this point.

I was planning in waiting until CD35, because last cycle was CD34 when my cycle restarted... but since I O'd (pretty darn sure it's right this time) on CD 14, that changes things a bit.

I have one test (FactPlus)... so I want to save it. I need to run out and get a couple cheapie tests.... but will try to hold off until Sunday or Monday, probably.

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#260 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 01:54 AM

aimee, that dh flew you down that often! Crossing my fingers that theo sleeps all night long for you now!

trueblue, my dd would point at my breast and say "more" last cycle, which usually means there isn't any left, and I know I wasn't pg. I just had a weird decrease in supply. I really hope it's a good sign for you though!

zak, nice temps! Keep us posted!

firstkid: Check your local dollar tree. I got my scope, which is a fairly good one, there a few months ago. They still have them in at mine.

christina: Wow. My ppaf was more like light to medium flow the whole time. And it was shorter. I've never heard of a longer harder ppaf. Maybe check with your doctor?

So dh's grandma called today to tell me about yet another relative that just got pg. Apparantly she didn't know we were having trouble again, and felt really bad, but still. It sucks, because I'm the "maternal" one in the family, and one of the youngest, but by far the least fertile. After today's low temp i really didn't need that. : maybe tomorrow's temp will cheer me up.

#261 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 AM

hello ladies,
so i remember reading somewhere that around o your milk supply goes down a bit. which makes sense as to why my nipps where so sore before, ds was power sucking.

to all the ladies in tww, are you doing anything (silly or not) to make the little guy implant?

i've been sleeping on my back in hops it sticks to the back of my uterus
#262 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Broccoli, that gives me hope then. I was just noticing the other day dd was making me quite sore.

Jilly, **hugs**

firstkid4me, those are just magnifying glasses. You can get a regular magnifying glass more cheaply, and it would do the same thing.
#263 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 12:13 PM

Trying to keep up with reading... Wow, busy thread!!!

- new gals!!! : for a short time here!!!

Aimee - welcome back... So, what would be the benefit of POAS ovulation tests after you think you've o'd? What would you be looking for? I think I'm in the 2ww if I've o'd, so leave me there. I think I've had a thermal shift eventhough FF hasn't detected o yet, and I had no pos. OPKs. I didn't test on day 20, so good chance it happened then...

: - jillybeans and zak!!!

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#264 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 PM

Hi ladies,
Got lost and trying to catch up. Could I please be moved to waiting to be ready ? DH is starting a new job this week and we are sitting a couple of cycles out so he can get settled.
#265 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Janny -- you are moved -- I hope your time out will be short.

Quote:
i've been sleeping on my back in hops it sticks to the back of my uterus
I didn't know there were thing i was SUPPOSED to be doing -- (save the obvious of no rollercoasters and the like) !! What should i do during 2ww wait?????

#266 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
Check your local dollar tree. I got my scope, which is a fairly good one, there a few months ago. They still have them in at mine.
Hey Jilly can I send you the money and you pick up one for me? : I keep checking my local Dollar Tree Stores and none of them are carrying the scopes. : I would LOVE to have one!

Quote:
Janny -- you are moved -- I hope your time out will be short.

Thanks so much. We are thinking of sitting out 1-3 cycles. He really wants to get settled and see what it is like for him. He doesn't think it will be too taxing.
#267 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I didn't know there were thing i was SUPPOSED to be doing -- (save the obvious of no rollercoasters and the like) !! What should i do during 2ww wait?????
oh i don't think you are SUPPOSED to do anything. i'm just little cooky
#268 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Good morning ladies, cd18 and still no +OPK or monitor. DH left for Dallas today and won't be back till wed. so I got him to BD this morning so at least we could give it one last shot. The clomid is making my pelvis really sore(hurts to BD) and my CP is high(can barely reach it) so I am hoping we are close. The OPKs are not even really showing a line, it is so faint. I hope I get a surge by this afternoon. How long do you guys lie down after you BD to let the swimmers have time to swim? I usually wait about 5 min, is that enough you think? I hope this cycle isn't a bust, if i don't O before wed, we will BD again when he gets back. I never O'd this late when I took clomid while TTC my ds. I wonder if the nursing is affecting it? Sorry this post is so me, me, me, I guess I am feeling a little self absorbed.

Jill- How you feeling? Did your pelvis get sore close to O and how is it now that you have O'd?

Good luck to those in the 2ww and O thoughts for those waiting to O. I just hate how my life gets broken into 2 week increments when TTC

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#269 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 02:34 PM

broccoli: nope. Not doing anything! Besides praying.

jannyjo, i'll check today and see if they have one and get back to you soon.
I've done it for a few people now.

My temp went up today. But only by .1 degrees. :
It is so much different than my temps while on clomid the cycle i got pg with dd. I'm worried i couldn't be pg. *sigh*

jen: Feeling better. Not quite so sore. And as far as how long to lay down...the docs all say give it five to be safe, but that the majority will get up there within seconds. I give it 20.
: that you didn't miss it!

#270 of 1036 Old 01-08-2007, 02:46 PM

I'm going to test on Saturday (someone asked me waay earlier in the thread ) I'll be 12 dpo and it's also DH's birthday.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page