TTC 6+ months January Support Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1198 Old 01-08-2007, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ann - that is EXACTLY how I've felt about every test DH and I have taken. I just want an answer - why is this taking so long to happen?
#302 of 1198 Old 01-08-2007, 10:10 PM

Lily HA, thank goodness for +++ tests huh...fingers crossed that you catch that egg this time girl friend.

Ann I have 3 children after being pregnant 6 times. 1st m/c 2, 3, & 4 babies, 5 still birth at 38 weeks pregnant. 6th m/c again. After Kamryn passed away in March we started trying again in April as soon as we were given the OK. I didn't get pregnant, even tho all 5 other times it was immediate. At about 7 months TTC'ing I ordered clomid off the net because I didn't know if I could even get a doc to see me that soon. I took it the 8th month TTC'ing and got pregnant first round. I then m/c right at 6 weeks. I had to go to the doc several times due to bleeding and I ended up telling him I took it off the net. I then asked him if he would just give it to me, since I was going to take it with or with out his help, and he agreed to follow me on it and give me an Rx. The doc said that maybe DH's sperm are not at 100% anymore and maybe my eggs aren't at 100% anymore (he's totally guessing since we've had no tests done) and using clomid to *SUPER* ovualte me would produce multiple follies for the little swimmers to chose from and give us a better chance. We also have a 30% increase for multiples to be fertilized/implant. We understand the risk for more than one baby out of this and that's a chance we're willing to take. I hope this helps your decision. OH, I'm now on month 10 TTC'ing with secondary infertility.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#303 of 1198 Old 01-08-2007, 10:24 PM

Teneal, the internet strips - do they always show a faint line before O, like way before, or only when you're gearing up to? I'm not sure if it's a good thing that mine have a line or if it's always a line before O.

Hoping beyond hope that it means something might happen.
#304 of 1198 Old 01-08-2007, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah, I often have a faint line several days before the positive. Mine did get darker and darker as the days get closer.
#305 of 1198 Old 01-08-2007, 10:53 PM

Sarah my internet cheapies almost always have a faint line, it does gradually get darker a day or two leading up to the positves, then positive for a couple days, then faint again.

From what I understand it is normal to have a faint line at any time. A woman can also have false surges of LH before the real one that is strong enough to cause ovulation... I know there is info in TCOYF. In that case you get a + opk but no temp rise.

Christy I wanted to mention that clomid will likely give you a false positive on an opk if you use them early. They say you have to wait 3 days after the last dose. I didn't know this and I took one the day after my last dose... it was very close to positive. Well, that is what clomid is supposed to do... raise your FSH and LH. It was neg the next day (2 days after finishing clomid) FWIW. I took clomid days 3-7, got a + opk on day 12 which is usual for me.

#306 of 1198 Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 PM

I also can't believe I forgot to say this in my earlier post... I am absolutely frazzled today...

Thank you all who sent me good thoughts, prayers, and wishes for this cycle. Each time I read that someone did that it put a huge grin on my face and made me feel so positive. Thank you !

#307 of 1198 Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 PM

Tara, hoping spotting is just that, but if not.

Tenk: I am so sorry for your losses, but rejoice with you the three children with you here A (now) close friend of mine also struggled (unbeknownst to me at the time, since I was single and TTA) for years to get preg, then once she finally could, had several m/c. She now has a 4 year old and one on the way. I do consider her a close friend, but she has poopoo'd me on a couple of occasions for not haven't tried as long as they did, and I think harbors the grief and loss still to a certain degree. I cannot talk to her about this journey b/c of these issues. Thank you for being open about your experince and so supportive on the boards.

Ity: Thanks for responding. Glad I'm not the only one hoping for something wrong.

DH and I bonded tonight. A rerun of Friends where Ross and Rachel see the baby on an ultra sound for the first time. I was teary and said to him I didn't really need to see that tonight...he said, "me either, I'm just not a crier."
It was sad, but felt good in a way to share that with him.

Ok, off to tea and bed. Night all, thanks for all the info and support.

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
#308 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 AM

I really like that we all have bonded together so well.. and that we all have had something to share that can benefit someone else... opks, hpts... cm... and what all those abbreciations mean

night

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#309 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 01:20 AM

Wow you ladies were busy today!!! I'm not going to even try to catch up! Ok maybe a brief catch up

tara I too feel good about an October baby

lily : you catch that egg!!

Tenk - I ordered the once you suggested and they shipped out today. I can't wait to test!!

Christy whoohoo for stuff happining in your body

Elk, hope you're preggers so you don't need that clomid

Ocean you're chart is looking good

Crystal I love woowoo so I can't wait to check out that link!

Everybody else I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Today in yoga I my body working properly to reproduce I've tried this approach with my day, like visualizing how I want my day to go before I get out of bed and it usually works. Yoga makes my mind positive, I just love it!!

Well, I need sleep... I have another full day of school tomorrow!!
#310 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 01:47 AM

Aww Ann - I know how you feel, and it sucks, and sometimes it feels like the entire universe gets to have a baby, but for me. I was in the grocery store today in line behind a woman with a wee baby in a carrier in teh seat of the cart, and so while the lady unloaded I was just standing there looking at the kid. I smiled, and the kid just smiled at me, and giggled, and I teared up and switched lines. I just couldn't do it. I wanted to see the baby, but I didn't wanna cry at the grocery store. (But other than that one moment, today was good.)

Clomid-ladies - remember when I said I didn't feel like my ovaries were pop-rocks? omg... it started this evening. It feels WEIRD!
#311 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 07:58 AM

I lost my crosshairs again.... *sigh*:

#312 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 09:48 AM

Crystal

I have the temp of a corpse today.
#313 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 09:51 AM

sarah... why is your temp so low????

#314 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 09:59 AM

I haven't got a clue, I checked it with 2 thermometers because I couldn't believe it. No change in the room temperature, if anything it was warmer. I'm not sick - I did have that mole removed yesterday but I thought if anything it would make my temp higher. I guess I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.
#315 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Sarah, that might be a good thing right? AF coming on her own?

Good morning everyone! I am up very early so I can get a deadline met for work so I can't be on here long. I am O'ing today! I can definitely feel it. It feels the same as last time, tons of bloating and cramps. I am going to try and get my DH before he leaves today in the AM because after I O, I may feel too bad to BD again. I am going to try though!

I just have to tell you a dream I had this morning. I was in a room viewing a TV screen that was showing through a microscope the end of the fallopian tube and saw a bunch of little sperm pop out and surround the egg that had just come out of the ovary, and one penetrated the egg! In my dream, my DH saw it too from across the room and I looked over at him and he was smiling at me. It was a very cool dream to have right now. I loved it!
#316 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 10:38 AM

what a neat dream lily... and yay for O

#317 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 10:44 AM

Still no AF. Feeling like crap. I cried and cried last night and kept thinking, "I don't understand", "It's so unfair", and DH was too busy watching FL win the championship and cheering while I was so sad in the other room. Now I wake up and still no AF but I feel her right there. Oh just show up and get it over with so my hormones can level out again and I can move on. I know some of you say it ain't over until she shows but I swear it feels over. I have such a regular cycle and I know I O so why can't I get preg already?

Sorry for the : . I am ready to move on now just getting it out.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#318 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, sorry Taradactyl
#319 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Still no AF. Feeling like crap. I cried and cried last night and kept thinking, "I don't understand", "It's so unfair", and DH was too busy watching FL win the championship and cheering while I was so sad in the other room. Now I wake up and still no AF but I feel her right there. Oh just show up and get it over with so my hormones can level out again and I can move on. I know some of you say it ain't over until she shows but I swear it feels over. I have such a regular cycle and I know I O so why can't I get preg already?

Sorry for the : . I am ready to move on now just getting it out.

T
I'm so sorry Tara

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#320 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Tara big I'm so sorry you're feeling so down. Feel free to vent anytime, I'm sending you today

lily cool dream, I'd like to think that's what was going on while you were dreaming it :
#321 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 11:59 AM

Tara Hugs to you, I'm sorry that your feeling so blue today. I too wish she would just show for you and get it over with.

Lily Hell yeah, way to go O! And O my what a wonderful dream you had.

Ity WAHOO for POP Rocks!!!

Sarah My O my that is a super low temp, but the procedure yesterday may have been just what you need to get AF here.....GL

Kat & Sarah I really think you'll like them. I normally right after AF don't have a line at all or it's almost not visible. Then (like now) I had a medium color line, so by tonight I expect that it will be almost positive and then tomo it will be 100% positive. The next day it will be almost ++ again, but not quiet. So it's a gradual process and a sure fire thing. GL

Crystal Sorry about the cross hairs, I'm worried (since I'm new to temping too) that it'll just never show cross hairs but I'll get a ++ OPK tomo.

Ocean Oh wowwy wow wow wow, I hope you caught that egg from all the vibes we were sending you!

Ann Thank you!

Ok, my temp went up this am to higher than it has been before but my OPK was half way to +++. So by tomo it should be 100% ++ and I'll O on day 13 this cycle....I love that. DH decided that he was too tired last night to BD and needed a break. He said I drained them....LOL....so we'll jump back on that pogo stick tonight...HA...he promised me tonight and Wed night. I'm freaking getting that egg if it kills him....I feel like a psycho person right now. I'm telling you, I will tackle him if need be tonight and tomo night. I love this cycle so far because I am gearing up for O soon which means I'll be on to the 2WW instead of this that I feel is way more stressful....have I O'd yet, am I O'ing now, did I miss my chance.....bleh Ok, I'm in a great mood and I'm forcing DH to knock me up this month damn it.

#322 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Tara DH decided that he was too tired last night to BD and needed a break. He said I drained them....
Gosh am I glad to see that coming from your DH (no offense) - I was starting to wonder what was going on here at home!!! My dh is feeling entirely "drained" too and I am wondering if we can even try this morning! I have to really work on it.
#323 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 12:13 PM

Wow Sarah - I had no idea a temp could get that low! That's impressive. Maybe it's a good sign?

Ocean - I am more impressed that the opk gave me a negative more than anything else. And whatever happens I certainly hope I don't see a temp rise when I "usually" do cause that would be pretty useless. Here's hoping that things go well.

Can somebody explain this ovary feeling? I have never in my entire life felt anything happening in an ovary. I was figuring I didn't have ovaries (hey maybe that's the problem) but then read in TCOYF that most women don't ever feel ovulation. So what the heck? Should I be feeling something or not?

Eh, anyway, have a good day everyone.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#324 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 12:18 PM

Christy I don't know what the feeling is like on clomid, for me it feels like a pinchy feeling and sort of hot, mostly I feel it just to the inside of my hip bone. It's quite specific, like not in a big area but more concentrated in one spot but sometimes it's so strong that it radiates into my hip socket/upper leg. Normally I only feel it for a day or so (on and off), this month I feel it all the time.
#325 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 12:38 PM

Christy It's funny that Sarah described it that way, because that's exactly what happens with me. Starts in my side and radiates to my hip/upper leg/theigh. And it actually makes my upper leg ache. On clomid, I could just feel weird things in my sides....I don't actually know if it's my ovary, it just happens at the right time and in a general area on the sides. I could say on clomid it's more of a "the little men are working very hard" thing....hehe You may or may not feel anything, but being on clomid you are more likely to feel something than NOT feel something. It really pushes your body to rock and roll.

Lily Oh yes, DH was like "I'm just too tired babe, can I please have my 1 free pass this week tonight?" I was disappointed a bit but knew i was not O'ing just yet. Tonight, tomo and thursday should be enough for us and he can have a 4-5 day break if he needs one....LOL.

#326 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Ok, so now I'm not having the O thing that is normal for me with the pinching in my side and top of my leg but having some serious cramps right now in my tummy and back. Wahoo come on swimmers!!!

#327 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Ookayyyyy ..... so.... no such luck with that endeavor...

DH says no to this a.m. He says he has nothing to give me and no interest, desire, nothin. So it is try again in the p.m.

I had cramps early this morning, but now no more bad cramps. Feel okay right now.
#328 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I called my dentist today and rescheduled my checkup for the 22nd. I was stressing out too much at the thought of having xrays at 6dpo.

Today I am 5dpo - such an annoying place to be, because I am starting to have "symptoms", but at this point they can't mean anything. So every break-out, cramp, or whatever is for nothing.

Good luck to all you clomid ladies who are starting to o... Catch those eggs! How great would it be for you all to get your baby (or babies!) at the same time?

sarah - That is one low temp! I hope it is a good sign...

christy - I don't usually feel o, but i have felt a small pain on one side or the other a few times...

Stephanie m/c 11/22/06
Jackson "Jax" Eugene born 02/05/10
#329 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
9 DPO and had some b-tchiness this morning. Generally that's a sign of coming AF. I feel pretty numb about it really. Already had so many disappointments during this journey, what's one more?

I'm trying very hard to remain positive. But listening to the preg ladies in the office talk on and on about being sick of it and my teammate who wishes she could get induced now at 4 weeks early... Well it's just really wearing on me.

punquin Yeah 5 DPO is a lousy place.

lily Unfortunately I've BTDT many times. I don't even have any good suggestions from all my experience though.

Christy I think much of it is about what's normal for you. Women on both sides of the fence get pregnant. According to The Infertility Cure, it is a good sign to not have pain.

to everyone I missed.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#330 of 1198 Old 01-09-2007, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

DH thought my dream was gross and doesn't want to hear about the yucky details of sperm meeting egg which make him "go limp."

Don't get me wrong, my dh is a beautiful person, but I guess my sentimental dream is something only us women here understand!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page