TTC 6+ months January Support Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dont have a litterbox for him... cause I am NOT keeping him... I swear I will get into so much trouble with managment if they knew he was here!! So as much as I think hes cute.. cause he is.. I really cant.
For the most part I keep him contained in the laundry room... its all linoleum out there so its easy clean up... he has a blanket I donated to the "temporary our kitty" fund so hes cozy... and I send him outside on a regular basis to "go"... he just doesnt always do it.
I'll find his home soon.

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 PM

I'd keep the kitty. How would management find out? They have to give you notice before a visit. And cats are quiet.
#423 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 01:30 PM

no they dont have to give me a notice for a visit... because I live in a complex there are different rules.. no 24 hours.. just a knock on the door.
it kind of sucks.. but I'm here all the time anyway so its not like they just waltz right in

he is pretty quiet.. he only meows occasionally.. I do appreciate that! If it was summer I would just shut him outside and be done with it.. but its winter.. and we just got snow yesterday after not having any in forever.. so I feel guilty of even thinking about just pushing him outside... and making him find his home all by himself

#424 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Crystal - We adopted our kitties from a "no kill, foster care" group. They take cats and put them in their helper's homes until they are adopted. Just thought I'd mention you might look in the phone book for one in your area if you don't want to take him to a shelter...

Thanks, Ity, for the vote of confidence! It would be so cool if several of us got to move on to ddc together...
#425 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post

So I think I'm gonna O on the next 24 hours. CP is loooooooooooooow although still not quite squishy, fairly firm, but open-ish. It's been that way for about 24 hours now, and when we dtd last night I definately felt dh err... bottoming out, so to speak, which only happens (to the point of being uncomfy)right around O-time. But I'm thinking - doesn't that help the swimmers find their way, easier? I mean, they were dropped at the door, not down the lane, so to speak.
Ity, My CP is high when I O. High, soft and open. Yours is usually low? It does make sense for them to be able to get to it easier, but I always thought I was supposed to look for high, soft open. FF puts a green fertile color on my chart when I enter HSO.
#426 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 PM

I just called the humane society.. I always feel so dumb when asking stupid questions...

the guy said I could turn him in there... but the thing is how do I know that the people who own this cat will actually look there...

I could take an add out in the paper and say I turned him into the humane society. what does everyone else think?

and if they dont come for him then at least I know hes in good hands right?

I just want to do the right thing *sigh*

#427 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
angel - Does your Humane Society microchip their cats? You might look into having the cat scanned to see if he has a microchip. You can get info on the owners from the chip and try contacting them. My kitty has a microchip which was put in by the Humane Society we adopted her from. (Um don't ask if my address on the chip is up to date.)

My temp is back down today. Why do I keep getting these random 98.6's? I have a tiny bit of red blood in my CM. 11 DPO - right on schedule. Usually it's brown but it probably will be by the end of the day so it looks like this isn't my month. :

Silver lining: No insurance concerns about getting the pg covered.
I can lose some holiday weight (as long as I get motivated to cook/prepare meals more often).
I can have a drink on my birthday - coming up soon - if I feel like it.

Good luck to all of our Oing ladies! I hope you all get BFPs!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#428 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 02:44 PM

allison.. I have no idea about the chips.. I live in a small town so I doubt it.. anyway.. I figure if his owners cared that much wouldnt he have had a collar... I will probably take him this weekend if my undercover searching for an owner doesnt turn up anything.. sorry about af...

#429 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Allisonrose, sorry about AF too. My birthday is coming up too!
#430 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 02:51 PM

Crystal, you are doing the right thing by caring for the cat. After that I think the humane society and possibly putting an ad directing inquiries there is a good idea. Some humane societies do euthanize, so if that figures in to your decision you might want to check it out. FWIW I have three cats, and whenever one has gone missing for any amount of time I call our humane society... several times a day.

Elkmama nice chart indeed ! : Best of luck to you !

Becky, I was the one who asked about IUI/Clomid. I am 3dpo on my first clomid round myself. I have always thought IUI might be something to explore, do you know if it is expensive ? My insurance will not cover anything at all to do with infertility. I will be keeping my : fingersx crossed for you that this is all it takes.

Sarah how are you, still hanging in there ? I hope your body kicks in to gear soon. You are very, very patient.

Ity, diluted urine can definitely skew OPK reults. Did you see your pee ? was it a darker or lighter shade ? I don't restrict fluids too much myself, but I do tend to get my strongest results with SMU (after not drinking much for 8 hrs). And I don't hold pee for a long time, I think the concentration depends more on the amount of fluids you drink than the time it is held in the bladder.
When signs are not clear just remember that if you GIO at least every other day you are covered :

Teneal I see you are staying busy... ooh and look you already GIO tonight How did you do that ?

Lily, your chart looks great. We are firmly in the 2ww together it seems, with other brave souls leading the way. My FF due date would be 10-1, I am holding onto that date : we need a lot of hope this next couple of weeks.

Hi : to all I missed, I know there are many... Tara, Christy, Katherine, Valarie, Allison, Stephanie, LaLibertad, Fola, and Danaalex to neame just a few.

I am 3dpo, woo hoo for crosshairs. Let the obsession begin. After a few cycles of trying to be detached and not get hurt it feels strange to try and hope. I am really, really trying to stay positive. I am repeating my affirmations often, and I think I believe then now. I have been visualizing where our maybe-baby could be on his/her journey, something I haven't done since those first few ttc months. I believe in the power of positive thinking.
: :

Last night I told DH that if we get to July and our 2 yr mark ttc that I am going to start looking into adoption. He started to say not to worry, I worry too much, just relax it'll happen we all love to hear that right. The tears came out and I said I don't want dd to grow up without a sibling(s). She will turn 6 in a couple months and it takes time to adopt so I don't want to put off that inquiry too long. That quieted him and gave him something to think about. I have always been the planner of our family, he is more spontaneous.

OK got to get my kiddo up and into the snow... her first day ever that school is closed due to snow. She has probably only seen so a handful of times in her life, it is rare here in our valley. Our whole world is frosted white this morning and the power is still on so I am feeling like a little kid myself. Gotta get outside before it melts !
#431 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
I figure if his owners cared that much wouldnt he have had a collar...

Um, my cat is absolutely famous for ditching his collar, and they can get lost or come off in a fight. Does he seem well fed and healthy ? likes people ? he is probably a pet if so. Wild feral cats are usually very sketchy around people.

Allison, I am sorry to hear AF is on her way
#432 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:00 PM

he is well fell.. has a really nice shiny coat... he is young and just loves being around people!

there are plenty of feral cats around.. they used to come up to my back patio a lot looking for ds's snacks that may have dropped.. cereal and the like.. I know them all pretty good and this cat is certainly not feral

dh is adopted but very much in touch with his biological family... we have talked about foster care and adoption... its just getting certified and $$ thats the issue.. it would be great to help another child out the way dh was

#433 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't use a collar for our cat when he was an indoor cat only. Maybe he escaped out of someone's house. I know my cat wanders to the neighbor's house daily, and we have two wanderers that come here daily to check out our cat's food.

Once I had an outdoor cat who was totally well-fed and living outdoors with a little house and all the sudden, he was gone for a night or two. It turns out the neighbors had him holed up in their apartment feeding him thinking he was not taken care of. I was kind of angry and insulted actually because he was taken care of and loved. Usually if you feed a cat, he will come back and get more. I would think it is possible he is living (not allowed) in one of your neighbors' places. But, you don't want to just shove him out to the street either. What a dilemma!
#434 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:02 PM

Allison - Drat, drat, drat. Hugs to you. And cool silver linings!

Oceanmommy - Hope the 2ww isn't too stressful. It is great that you are feeling positive this month. You were brave to bring up adoption, and I'm glad you were able to make your points and get dh thinking. I am also the planner! I couldn't be the spontaneous one cause I'm too much of a control freak... Sometimes I get a bit annoyed being the only planner, but then I imagine what if he had big, elaborate plans and they conflicted with my big, elaborate plans? You mean I would have to compromise?!

OK, back to work for real. I am trying to stay away from here until the evening so I can actually get done what I need to get done!!
#435 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ocean and Elk, I get the idea most of us here are planners!
#436 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Like ocean, my kitty doesn't abide by wearing a collar. We got her one when she was little. A stretchy one as recommended. She managed to pull it away from her neck and up enough to get it stuck in her mouth. Not once but twice. The second time I found her like that when I woke up so I didn't know how long she'd been like that. So after that I just got rid of it. I sought out one with a buckle that releases but couldn't find one small enough for her skinny neck.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#437 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:17 PM

Crystal - he sounds like an indoor cat but my three babies don't have collars either. Of course they aren't allowed anywhere NEAR the door, not that they're really all that interested. They get to watch birds from inside their nice temperature controlled home and there's food, water a litter box and lots of soft places to lay. That said, I think the humane society is a good option. They'll take care of him and hopefully is owners will find them. I'd be looking for one of my babies if they got out and the humane scoiety/local animal control is the first palce I'd look. What they all need is activated loator chips, as a just in case measure.

Ocean - hope that your tww isn't to bad (and hopefully it ends with really good news!). Have fun in the snow!

I have to agree with the comments on the price of adoptions. The amount of money that it costs is really crazy (and largely unfair) for people that want a baby (and could support one) but don't have a huge sum of money available to them. It really bothers me. My DH's dad was adopted. From what I've heard he was a really great man (he died when my DH was 18) and I would like to be able to adopt a child. Sadly I don't think we have the money (or would want to go into that much debt).

ELK and Ity - I think it'd be pretty cool if a whole bunch of us got to move at once. Of course, it likely won't be me since clomid almost never works the first time around. But a bunch of us would be cool (and I think it's overdue!).

Ok, I should pretend to go work or something. Cheers.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#438 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopesMom View Post
Hi ladies,

Lily and all the other ladies in the midst of BDing. Other than clomid and acupuncture the one thing we did different the month we conceived is continuing to have sex for two days AFTER my positive OPK. Usually we burnt ourselves out and got in a session the day OF the positive OPK and then just gave up. I don't know if it made the difference, but my heart says that the acupuncture calmed me and the continued BDing was what made sure the sperm were there. (The clomid we can blame for the two eggs!)

I'm thinking of everyone and hoping good things for you!!!

Hopesmom, I took care of it! Yeah! I have to admit, I am more excited and positive too this month but I have a feeling if I get another BFN I may not handle it as well.
#439 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 PM

I think chips are a good idea... I'm warming up to the idea of taking him to the human society... I dont think they euthanize here.. again.. small town

ocean.. I tried to pm you but you gotta clear out your messages

#440 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 03:58 PM

Hi everyone,
I hope its ok if I join this thread I really need advise.
My name is Stephanie ,I am 33 and married with 4 children(6,7,11 &14). I have been off of any kind of bc for over a year and I did some charting but mostly cm and cp.With all of my children it was super easy to get pregnant. I was also younger then so now I am getting concerned.My periods have always been constantly long.Like every two months long. But I have four kids so I am oing,or was oing: .
Well now I am ready to get serious.I have been doing some research and I was thinking of taking FertiliTea as well as the supplement FertilAid ,do any of you have any experience with it? I also was thinking of getting a thermometer,saliva scope thingy, opks, Robitussin and I already drink green tea. if you have any advice on brands or timing or anything you have learned it would be so appreciated:

Steph
#441 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 04:03 PM

welcome steph! (weve got another one too.. just wait I'm gonna mix you two up)
I wouldnt be much help when it comes to all the different things you can take to help with ttc.. I drink green tea and temp.. that about it... but there are some really helpful ladies on here and I'm sure they can answer your question...

but anyway.. welcome.. I really hope you dont have to stay here too long (for good reasons of course)

#442 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Stephanie! I added you to the list.

I think the primrose taken days 1-O is helpful for CM and green tea (as far as making you feel you are doing something good, I can't say they have actually been successful thus far!). Charting temps has been very helpful for me to determine if and when I ovulate. I would read up on Fertilitea as it has chasteberry (vitex) which has had some questionable results for a few of us here. I personally did not like. OPKs were my first step, very simple and helpful.
#443 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

I just have to say I can't WAIT and I am so excited to get to be the one that moves several of our names over the the Graduates list!!!! Yahoooo!!!
#444 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 04:16 PM

Welcome Steph Nice to meet you, hope your stay is short and sweet!

Everyone else, I'm having thread with draws here....I'm in a meeting/training all day, and I can't post. Ugh, maybe I can catch up when I get home today....and I hope I mean really really hope that I will O by day 17 like the last time on clomid. ...............................................

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#445 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 04:49 PM

thank you so much for the wonderful(and quick) welcome!! I look forward to getting to know aLL OF YOU.
Steph
#446 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 04:50 PM

Now I"m all confused - because you are right, and it shoudl be high, not low, and dangit, but my temps look like I'm O-ing today or tomorrow but my CP doesn't support that, nor does my CM. :
#447 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Last month, I didn't have any CM before O, the day I had cramping I found a TINY bit of EWCM but had to search for it. This month I totally took tons of Primrose and 1 Mucinex in a.m. and two in p.m. Had a nice regular amount of CM.
#448 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 05:39 PM

oh lily.. I just got a terrible mental picture when you said you had to search for you ewcm...

#449 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
oh lily.. I just got a terrible mental picture when you said you had to search for you ewcm...
Sorry, I was worried about TMI. Hey! think beautiful!
#450 of 1198 Old 01-11-2007, 05:46 PM

I'm really sorry. I normally envision things in my head, its just the way I am... but I saw you squatting down on the floor frantically feeling around... "its GOTTA be there!" LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page