TTC 6+ months January Support Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ACK!!! I just realized I'm on cd 48... wth! You would figure SOMETHING would happen by now. maybe I'll test just for the hell of it tomorrow

glad everyone finally showed up after I left.. sorry but its weird when the board is rockin all day and then everyone just disappeared... I was thinking it was the apocalypse.. and I got left behind....

anyway.. youre welcome ocean... I totally forgot about it.. I was getting coffee and I remembered... weird huh?

ok.. be back later for some personals

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#482 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
I am getting twinges, spasms, and pings. I think more activity than the usual 2ww, I obviously have been through plenty without clomid to compare this one to. I am still doing lots of visualizing and affirmations, trying to keep all my thoughts positive and avoiding negative stuff. I am realizing that it is the first time in a long time that I have felt so hopeful, and that I usually try not to get my hopes up in the 2ww. Maybe that is the wrong thing to do, maybe I need hope now more than ever.

How are you feeling today Lily ? I think if we both lucked out our due dates would be 1 day apart, that would be nice
I am feeling a bit full in the stomach, like some pressure type feeling.

That is a super cool thought Ocean (due dates). I did think of that too. I really hope that we all get our positive BFPs because it may be traumatic just one of us getting it (although I am sure we'll be excited for anyone getting it here). I am trying to be optimistic, and trying the affirmations you have said, but I can't stop an overpowering "it'll never happen" voice that floats in over every positive, hopeful thought. I am trying to kick that voice out, but it seems if I start daydreaming about the what-ifs, the huge amount of past BFN tests enters my mind. I can't imagine ever seeing a positive. For some reason, I just can't imagine it ever working or just actually seeing a positive test. It would be unreal! I wish I could have that hope you have, but I'm now feeling more pessimistic, but at the same time, a somewhat less depressed feeling, like, "oh well, it's just never gonna happen, I better think of some new hobbies"-type thoughts. I am keeping busy and don't feel as much TWW anxiety as usual though, so that is good.
#483 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 05:31 PM

danaalex - I think it was beemama in the 12+ months thread.
#484 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
Gah - I wish I could feel something happening in my ovaries. I still have nothing - no side effects, no feeling wierd or cramps or twinges or... anything at all.
I just discovered this cool mUlti-quoting feature! Yay! I love when people type Gah! It always cracks me up for some reason. Christy, I really think my ovary symptoms started a FEW days after my last dose. It needs time to get started I think. Give it a few more days. I bet you start feeling something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaalex View Post
i bought tests today, and i am feeling a little better today. i just really don't want to find out that i am PG and that the illness makes me M/C. i would rather not know, and think i got my period. so, i'm not sure if i should test or not........
I would feel the same way. If you have the patience, it would probably be so much better for your mind to wait. But, I have to say it always seems it is the pg ones who say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
ACK!!! I just realized I'm on cd 48... wth! You would figure SOMETHING would happen by now. maybe I'll test just for the hell of it tomorrow

Ack ! makes me laugh too. It is a bummer that your keeping track really brings these long cycles to your attention. Very frustrating! I hope we see some action soon for you. Your temps still seem to be at pre-O type temps. No clear sign of O so far. Maybe we're still waiting for you to O! That would be cool surprise. It is frustrating there is not such a clear-cut warning for us.
#485 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 05:42 PM

sorry but its crappy that I could be still waiting to O... I've been sick for two weeks and I dont know how its affected my temps.. but aside from that you would think something would pop out from all those days of temps

lily.. you seem pretty proud of yourself I dont know how to do it.. but I dont really need to I guess

#486 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Crystal - 48 days! Wow. I'll cross my fingers that a surprise bfp appears for you in the morning!

Christy - Hope those ovaries start popping, and that the signs are so clear you KNOW what is going on. (But not too painful. Now this is turning into a complicated wish!

Sarahjen - Sorry it is taking a while to get into the doc...

Dana - Now I'm getting excited that your flu is something else AND that that something will stick. But whatever is going on, I hope you feel better soon.

Stephanie / punq - Good luck with all the work. And vacation in California sounds fun!!! Sorry you're still digging out from the m/c bills. It is so unfair. And I'm not counting myself out yet... although I did start brainstorming what my silver lining list would be if af arrives. Funny how yesterday I was obsessing about due dates and now I am expecting to start all over again next month. All because of a temp drop and a little bit different feeling in my belly.

Steph / effie - Just realized I never said WELCOME! I think you joined in on one of my crazy work days when I was trying to actually focus. So sorry I missed you!

ocean and lily - Fingers crossed for both of you for a twin due date (not necessarily twins - though fingers crossed for that if you want it!)

Tenk - Special for you today.

I am heading to a baby shower for a friend tomorrow morning. I think it will be fine. It is her (their) first and they tried for a little over a year, with success the 2nd IUI with clomid. So I know there won't be any discussion of "oops, this just happened!" And I am very excited for them. I already gave them my favorite parenting book and told her she can use my slings until I need them!
#487 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
I just discovered this cool mUlti-quoting feature! Yay!
Ooooh! Teach me, teach me! (PM if you think it would clutter up the conversation. And of course just if you have time and can do it easily!)
#488 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

On the right lower corner where you push quote, the next button over you press all the ones you want quoted and then press reply. It says "multi-quote." I think I saw that ItyBty did that earlier and was wondering how she did it.
#489 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 06:07 PM

Cool! You'd think I would have wondered what that button was...
#490 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 07:32 PM

My local paper came today.. they dont have the births in every issue but this week they did... it was kind of sad to see people I knew that are having more babies...

then I saw the obituaries.. I always check to see if someone I know or a family member of someone I know are in there.. well way down in the bottom corner of the page were three names... they were obviously triplets.. it says they "died peacefully after their births"...

its so sad... it doesnt say that they were survived by any siblings.. I can only think of how the parents must feel.. they got 3 beautiful babies and they were taken away so suddenly...

I wont go on.. I just wanted to share.

#491 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 07:54 PM

:
#492 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Theresa!!! I caught you! I just have to ask, what in the world is going on with that chart? Everything okay? Doesn't look at all like your previous months???
#493 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 08:07 PM

theresa.. are you back????

we missed ya!

#494 of 1198 Old 01-12-2007, 08:49 PM

Hi girls, just jumping in for a min. I still had a negative OPK this afternoon, but realized that today is ONLY day 14 not 15 as I thought. I didn't get my first ++ on clomid last time until day 15. So I'm ok waiting a few more days, and DH told me on the phone earlier that he is "excited" about BD'ing again when he gets home. Didn't mention anything about being worn out or tired. We have 3 full days to get + and BD.....please oh please let me O in the next 3 days...............................:

I'm thinking of all of you today as well, I just have been to out of it to focus on personals today. I hope you all had a great day!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#495 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 01:58 AM

I had a bitter-sweet experience tonight, and I want to share it:

DH, roommate and I all went out for sushi/hibachi. We were seated near two couples and their three daughters, aged 8-12. The girls were all cute, but the youngest was super-cute!!!

During the meal she kept doing everything I did- she got a pom-pom in her drink, so roommate and I requested pom-poms as well... when I put mine in my pony-tail she did too. Then she turned down chopsticks, but requested them after I started using mine... she kept making me giggle!

The whole time, all I could think was, "I want a daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now I'm a bit sad...

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#496 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 05:42 AM

Boy is this the best place to be!!It is sooo nice to be around other women ttc! My dh is the only one that knows we are ttc.

I am waiting for to show.I am sure she will. I have ,of course. had some symptoms that I find "odd", but I have been under soo much stress that I doubt a baby would "stick".My two oldest sons(mommies boys) decided that now that there bio dad has the financial means to care for them they want to live with him in Las Vegas.Today I get a phone call..dad needs $ before the lights are out: So I wire him money.So not only does my heart ache with pain cuz I miss them but I need to send money too: My boys moved in December 20th!!!I think my mom is back on Meth! I am back working with DH at Burger King as an ass. man. because one of his man. got arrested!! Hopefully it is only temporary : Sorry, I just had to vent

I bought some Fertility Blend supplements today and started taken them.NOW I just need Af so I can start charting again.I think I will also do more praying and meditating

Effie(Steph)
#497 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 09:24 AM

My brother called last night, yup my SIL is pregnant and due in September. I'm happy for them but when I got off the phone I just cried all night. I feel so embarrassed for feeling so cheated in all this, I had to turn off the ringer on my phone because I couldn't even talk to anyone else - my sister and my mom and dad kept calling to see if I was ok, I couldn't even be honest with them and tell them how I was really feeling.
:
#498 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 10:18 AM

well I was gonna say some things... but they arent very important in the shadow of the pps

good morning btw

#499 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 11:42 AM

Ok I think I've cried myself out and now I feel a bit better. It's just looking at my chart and realizing that I've been waiting to O now longer than I was even pregnant, that and calculating best case scenario if the dr gives me provera in two weeks, wait for AF, wait for O again, get lucky with timing etc. It makes me really : and discouraged. I just want to be pregnant again, I don't want to wait anymore, I don't want to be so frustrated and try (and fail) to be patient every day. I'm trying to get through the next few weeks with no expectations but it's so hard to let go of them. BLAH! and all of that.

AAAAAAAAAAAANYway.

Welcome Steph, sorry to hear you're going through such a turbulent time right now.

Valarie I know what you mean

Crystal, how are you doing? Still hanging in there on the long wait like me?

Ity and Tenk any news? Any signs of the elusive O?

lily... I'm so excited for you your chart is looking :

Christy any symptoms for you or is it too early?

Elk and Stephanie, looking forward to seeing your temps today :

danaalex are you testing?

Theresa we miss you!
#500 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 11:53 AM

I am not back... I just wanted you all to know I'm watching and keeping my : for you all to get your BFP's. You need them.

Sarahjen~
to you my friend. I'm sorry about your SIL. That's crap!

Lily~
I can't answer your question. I've been talking to Tenk about it (we live close by as it turns out) and we just can't seem to figure out what's going on. This morning, she said she thinks it's because God wants me to get it this cycle and still be in the wedding in September. I think it's because my body hates me. Either way, I don't think CD35 is a very good environment for a baby to grow. But I don't know. I know I don't feel like having sex anymore, so I'll probably not get it this month anyway. But thanks for noticing my chart... I'm gonna keep it up if you want to keep checking it out.

angel1895~
Something you should remember is that no matter what everyone else is going through, they are always available to hear what's going on with you. Never feel like your thoughts are unimportant. K?

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all like crazy! I'll be watching, but not posting for another cycle (if this one ever ends!)
#501 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I just discovered this cool mUlti-quoting feature! Yay!
Woot! Trying out the multi-quote now... Before I was copying the quote code and pasting it into my reply if I wanted multiple quotes. How are you feeling today?

Ocean - How is the 2ww treating you?

Quote:
sorry but its crappy that I could be still waiting to O... I've been sick for two weeks and I dont know how its affected my temps.. but aside from that you would think something would pop out from all those days of temps
It is crappy. I wish I could just sprinkle some dust on you and Sarah so that you guys could o and not have to wait any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama View Post
I am heading to a baby shower for a friend tomorrow morning. I think it will be fine. It is her (their) first and they tried for a little over a year, with success the 2nd IUI with clomid. So I know there won't be any discussion of "oops, this just happened!" And I am very excited for them. I already gave them my favorite parenting book and told her she can use my slings until I need them!
I had to decline a baby shower invite last weekend. The mom-to-be understood. She knew everything that was going on with me, and she got pg on her first try. I'm just way too raw from the m/c to be able to handle all that baby themed stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
My brother called last night, yup my SIL is pregnant and due in September. I'm happy for them but when I got off the phone I just cried all night. I feel so embarrassed for feeling so cheated in all this, I had to turn off the ringer on my phone because I couldn't even talk to anyone else - my sister and my mom and dad kept calling to see if I was ok, I couldn't even be honest with them and tell them how I was really feeling.
:
I wish there was something I could say to make it easier.

Effie - I'm sorry you are going through a rough time right now.

I am 9dpo right now. My temps look good, but they always do until right before af. I have just enough "symptoms" to drive me crazy. Sudden dizziness, extreme fatigue, racing heart, and weird twitches in my uterus... I was trying to stay mellow this cycle, but it's no use. I am goiong to be pretty crushed when af comes.

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#502 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 01:10 PM

Sarah - I wouldn't feel embaressed. I'd probably feel pretty cheated too. I still got nothing for symptoms. I'm starting to wonder (at cd10) if this is even working. There's just nothing at all going on. I think maybe opk's are getting a little darker? It just seems like... nothing.

Theresa - glad to see you lurking about!

Steph - sorry that you're having such a rough time of it. But I've heard of babies sticking in worse stress than that, so it's possible. After all, it's not over until af rears her ugly head!

Stephanie - I hope this cycle works for you. I can't imagine what you must be going through.

Valerie - I know that feeling. Lately I've been trying to avoid babies since it just makes me want to cry mostly. But she sounds so cute!

Teneal - Here's hoping your egg decides today would be a perfect day!

Ocean - how's your 2ww?

I got my DH at home with me for a few hours and managed to gio. So much for every other day. I hate his schedule sometimes. Hopefully we can manage a couple more times before monday because that's when the new warcraft expansion comes out and they have to do a midnight opening plus he opens the store that morning so I won't see him at all monday and he has to close Teusday. I'll have to try and talk him into tomorrow too. *sigh(

Anyway to anyone I missed!

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#503 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh! I am so sorry to all of you who are suffering right now! I have to go because I am having company and my sons will be down any minute to ask me what I am doing. I can't let them see me on here because they don't know we are TTC. Anyway, I wish I could help you all feel better! Sarah, Oh that is so sad and I am so sorry for you to have to deal with those feelings right now. It would be very hard. Punquin, I have been praying for you! and everyone here that we will all get relief from this terrible wait. I will be sending positive vibes your way as I can see you all getting a positive soon. This will all work out. MIC,
#504 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punquin View Post
I had to decline a baby shower invite last weekend. The mom-to-be understood. She knew everything that was going on with me, and she got pg on her first try. I'm just way too raw from the m/c to be able to handle all that baby themed stuff.
Stephanie - OMG - I would totally have flipped out at the IDEA of a baby shower in the first couple of months after m/c. I'm glad your friend understood. Fingers crossed, lady!!!

Steph/Effie - Sounds like tough times... I hope your boys are fine and you're finding ways to stay emotionally connected to them even from afar. Sounds hard, hard, hard.

Christy - Yeah for the bd you did fit in! And hope the clomid makes it clear that its working soon.

Sarah - I teared up at your post... partly because I know my sil is just starting to ttc #2 and we fully expect they'll announce a pg in the next month or two. Your mixed feelings and sadness make perfect sense to me. Hugs to you.

And hey and hugs to everyone I missed!
#505 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Elk - lookin good!

Silly Tenk , where is your chart update young lady? Now you are the one sleeping in huh?
#506 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 02:24 PM

It's updated now....I wish I had gotten to sleep in. I have been interviewing nannies this morning and just now got a break from getting everyone up and ready....hehe. Still NO O....go figure.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#507 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
On the right lower corner where you push quote, the next button over you press all the ones you want quoted and then press reply. It says "multi-quote." I think I saw that ItyBty did that earlier and was wondering how she did it.
Dorothy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. How could I have posted over 2000 times and never used this multi-quoting feature ?

Quote:
I am trying to be optimistic, and trying the affirmations you have said, but I can't stop an overpowering "it'll never happen" voice that floats in over every positive, hopeful thought. I am trying to kick that voice out, but it seems if I start daydreaming about the what-ifs, the huge amount of past BFN tests enters my mind. I can't imagine ever seeing a positive. For some reason, I just can't imagine it ever working or just actually seeing a positive test. It would be unreal! I wish I could have that hope you have, but I'm now feeling more pessimistic, but at the same time, a somewhat less depressed feeling, like, "oh well, it's just never gonna happen, I better think of some new hobbies"-type thoughts. I am keeping busy and don't feel as much TWW anxiety as usual though, so that is good.
Lily, that negative voice is an intrusive thought, sometimes for me it helps to explore that when it happens to me. Why is that voice there ? How does it make me feel ? What are the reasons that I think that voice is wrong ? Can I try to banish the negative thought itself ? Can I believe that I myself have every reason to hope ?

There have been many times in the ttc journey where I could not feel much hope, and I think that is ok too. I think detachment is a coping skill and there are many ways to get through this journey. You chart is looking mighty fine BTW

Theresa Hi there nice to see you ! Still hoping you get a surprise BFP in your time off !

Quote:
danaalex - I think it was beemama in the 12+ months thread.
Thanks Sarah, that was who I was referring to.

Quote:
Ok I think I've cried myself out and now I feel a bit better. It's just looking at my chart and realizing that I've been waiting to O now longer than I was even pregnant, that and calculating best case scenario if the dr gives me provera in two weeks, wait for AF, wait for O again, get lucky with timing etc. It makes me really : and discouraged. I just want to be pregnant again, I don't want to wait anymore, I don't want to be so frustrated and try (and fail) to be patient every day. I'm trying to get through the next few weeks with no expectations but it's so hard to let go of them.
Oh Sarah you have every right to every feeling you have. I wish your body would cooperate with you

Quote:
sorry but its crappy that I could be still waiting to O
You're right Crystal, that is crappy. I am sure you've heard me mention it before but have you ever looked into vitex ? It helps some women coming off bcp. Not everyone likes it but it was good for me and I have links if you want more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama View Post
ocean and lily - Fingers crossed for both of you for a twin due date (not necessarily twins - though fingers crossed for that if you want it!)
The thought of twins used to freak me out but I'd be happy with it now I have been ttc long enough to have two babies anyways.

Effie/Steph wow that sounds so stressful, but don't worry it will not keep a baby from sticking. I hope that things with your boys and your ex improve, how old are the boys if I might ask ? Just curious, I don't know what to put in my mental picture.
Has your mom had a meth problem in the past ? I am sorry to hear about all that, meth addiction is awful, and it is everywhere.

Hi and hugs and : good luck to all I've missed, Tenk, Barbara, Stephanie, Christy, to name just a few. I know there are tons of you, I just got carried away with the multi-posting feature and real life is (literally) calling me now.

I will say that this 2ww is a very hard one. I am 5dpo and waiting even 5 more days to test feels like an eternity. I am keeping on with the positiveness and the affirmations and visualizations. If this isn't the one I am sure it will hurt but I hope that hopefulness could carry over to the next cycle anyways.

Yesterday was my birthday, I turned 34, and I feel really special after my DH and DD were so good to me all day. And I am sure you can all guess what I wished for when I blew those candles out
#508 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 03:21 PM

:Ocean Happy Birthday (one day late)!:
I hope all your birthday wishes come true.

Thanks you guys for the support. I talked to my mom, and actually to my dad too, about how I was feeling - they didn't know that I've still been waiting all this time for things to get back to normal. I don't know why I don't talk to people about this IRL but at least now they know. Of course they both told me to 'relax and things will happen when you least expect it' (please let me never hear this phrase again in my life) but I know they mean well.

I need a smiley that expresses this frustrated feeling that I get in my forehead and chest, these ones aren't big enough I need one that ends in a huge explosion.
#509 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 03:46 PM

hugs sarah!!! i had a m/c in nov too. only my Dh and i knew i was pg, other than my OB. i have never been able to tell my family or DH's family before 14 weeks. mainly because i know i don't have the stomach to tell people bad news.

it was weird going through a m/c by myself though. sure Dh knew, but he's a man and doesn't really "get it". plus, we were in las vegas that weekend, which just made things even more weird.

i have two SILs, but neither of them want children at this point of their lives. i think i'd be feeling the exact same way as you are now, if i had found out one of them were expecting and didn't know all that i had/ have been through.

SO, great big giant hugs to you!!!!!!

as for me, i'm still sick. and it's not the tummy flu. it's yuck whatever it is. 101+ fevers, coughing stuff up, now my eyes are swollen, sore and blood shot-- and i slept really well last night. it hurts to move them. so, i won't trust any type of pregnancy test at this point. i am being very cautious because i feel like my body is plotting against me!!!!!
#510 of 1198 Old 01-13-2007, 03:47 PM

thanks theresa

sarah.. still waiting.. this sucks

cat is at the humane society... I'm glad hes going to a good place but now I'm kinda sad too.. *sigh*

ff used to say that O may have been between CD 29 and CD 42 now it doesnt... it sucks not knowing either way what is going on... maybe I o'd maybe I didnt... maybe I wont... no af...

anyway hope everyone else is having a great day... I'm off to learn to knit

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page