TTC 6+ months January Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well it was nice while it lasted. No more crosshairs.

: <-this doesn't even come close to how I feel right now. I feel completely broken and defective. And worse that I'm such a downer every time I'm here. Guess it's time for a trip back to my dr.
#62 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 09:11 AM

SarahJen I just got the same thing. No more crosshairs

Wow, that sucks.
#63 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 09:18 AM

Sarah and LaLibertad I totally understand how much it stinks to get and then lose crosshairs. Sometimes I think ff is just trying to mess with us. Sarah, hopefully soon the cycle will end, even if you don't o (then you can start fresh). Maybe your body is just trying to figure out what it's supposed to do?

I am STILL waiting for af. Ya know, you'd think the one time I was waiting for her she'd show up. Naturally, now she's mia. :

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#64 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 AM

LaLibertad I'm sorry

Christy sorry you're still waiting for AF too, seems all of a sudden she doesn't want to visit anyone and not for good reasons.

I don't know if I should go to my doctor for provera (I think that's what it is) to end this cycle or wait it out. What would you guys do? I just don't want to end up in the same situation again next cycle, waiting 60 days for my body to do this on it's own, I don't know if the provera would make a difference for that or not. If I take it to get things started is there a better/worse/no difference for the chance I'll ovulate next month?

At this point I don't even feel like I belong here for TTC since we're not TTC at all, I'm just TTOvulate.
#65 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sarah - I can't tell you how much I was hoping you really did o this time. I'd say a call to your dr about your options couldn't hurt. It seems like you are past the normal post-m/c waiting length for your first af.

DH made up for the other night last night and sneak-attacked me for a quickie. Must have been too many beers while he was watching New Years day sports. Last night worked better for our every-other plan anyway, since we dtd before going to bed after NYE (technically Mon am, but sttill Sun night for us).

I've got to get up and shower for work. Personals later, I hope.

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#66 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 AM

No time for personals but i'm reading and hugging you all from here.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#67 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 PM

I feel bad for saying it... concidering sarah and ms. liberty just lost theirs... but I got my crosshairs back: .. they are still dashed but its back on the same day ff had it on... BUT I've been sick since sunday: and my temps are on the rise... I dont think that it means anything... I wish I wasnt sick...

and I think its great we're all crafty I love crocheting.. I dont make jewelry.. I dont know how

personals later

for anyone that needs it

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#68 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 12:58 PM

Sarah - I wanted to let you know how the provera was for me, since I've been on it twice in recent times. Typically, I get a 10 day course. It's a type of progesterone, but not one that you want to take if you're pregnant as it can cause birth defects. It's a little different from normal progesterone.

Anyway, for me there aren't many symptoms. I feel a little queasy from it - the label says to take it with food to prevent that and it may have helped me but it wasn't perfect.

Once I finish, judging from the last time I took it, af takes 3-4 days to show up. My doctor told me anytime from the point I begin to a few days after af can start, though it usually takes at least a few days. It will most definetly cause your temp to go up. Basically you're artifically making your body think you ovulated even though there was no egg.

The only downside I've heard is that some people may not ovulate on the cycle following a provera cycle (although it is supposed to help regulate cycles, so I don't know about that - that info came from mdc, not my doctor so it may or may not be accurate).

This cycle that I just went through was very odd. It could have been the provera but it was most likely me. If you still have no af, I think that it's at least worth trying it if you're ok with it. Otherwise you may be waiting awhile (I went about 70 days with no real af, so...). If you want to ask me any other questions, feel free (you can pm me or ask em here). I'm sorry you have to go through this

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#69 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Sarah and Christy, I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I really can't imagine the suffering you are going through, as I know I have trouble with my cycle lengths and they are so much more predictable. I think you should go to the doctor Sarah, but it does sound like provera may mean another 10 day wait, and what if your body planned on AF coming sooner? That is a tough decision. I am sure I would go to the doctor personally, but would be begging for answers and not leave without a SOLUTION. Doctors tend to give partial answers and they drag out the solutions, but I don't leave without a serious plan. I just keep talking and sitting there until I get it.

LaLibertad, I am sorry you lost your crosshairs too. That is one of the most frustrating things!

Punquin, doesn't it feel all better when dh makes up for it? That is why we had a two-timer the other day as well. :

Valerie, I checked your charts, but I would say you need more temps too to figure it out.

I was hoping my O would happen early again, but neg. OPK again this morning so I am just waiting. I think it might be true that last month was premature. This month I may actually O a real one!
#70 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Lily YAY! for O'ing on time! I thought that your O on day 11 was really early too....so maybe it will happen at a normal time like day 14-16 or so. GL with that, I'm not even close to it.

Sarah & Christy I'm sorry that AF is just a no show. I don't have any advice on not having it and not O'ing but I hope you do get some answers soon. I'm sending good vibes of AF to you both.

#71 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm back from the holidays. It was very nice visiting family - my side of the family lives on the East coast while my hubby and I are currently living on the West coast.

Hubby might be getting a new job... We're waiting to hear about salary but they seem very interested in him. This would mean a move. The real estate market in the area where we'll move is :. We toured a townhouse: 2 bed, 1.5 bath, about 1100 sq ft for the low price of 469,000!!! But moving there would be a good thing despite the real estate market.

It was nice to have a break while we were gone from concentrating too much on the TTC thing. I hinted around a bit about it with my Dad when his wife asked about our plans for a family. (I don't know if I'm alone on this - but I feel a little awkward talking to my father about a subject that basically revolves around my sexual activity...)

Although at Christmas, my aunt asked me how the acupuncture is going - she is getting acupuncture done to help her with a medical issue - and of course my grandmother asked why I was going. I answered "a female issue" - technically true and doesn't invite more questions.

I'm just barely in the 2ww although FF is being stubborn and not giving me crosshairs because my temp this morning wasn't quite high enough for it.

I'm planning on just lurking around here for the next two weeks. While I love that this message board is such a source of support, I just feel like I'm a bit too caught up with TTC. I don't know if minimizing my time here will help any considering that my due-in-Feb coworker is surfing the net for nursery ideas but that I can't do anything about.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#72 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 02:45 PM

Allison Very good to see you, and glad your holiday was nice!

#73 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 05:13 PM

Ok, your being too quiet today.....where is everyone at???

#74 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Now I don't feel like O is anywhere is sight and I am getting bummed about it! Dh has a cold and has a not in the mood attitude today, so I guess I will be working harder tonight.
#75 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 PM

Lily Last month, I was not on clomid last month, but I had no clue as to when O was going to happen because I was so crampy all month long. It'll so happen, it can't NOT happen because your taking so much estrogen. Don't worry just yet.....I would still GIO tonight tho if you can just in case you happen to O in the next day or so.....it never hurts to have extra "Love Juice" in there...

#76 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 07:39 PM

Happy New Year! And a HUGE CONGRATS to StacyMom!!!! Yippee!! I'm so happy for you and wishing you a super smooth and safe pregnancy and birth.

Hugs to everyone who was down yesterday. Folks seem cheerier today. Maybe all the craft talk? I had to laugh because I'm the least crafty woman I've ever met - or at least close. I do love to cook, though.

I'm just back in town and back at work, with a nasty cold. You should have heard everyone on the plane - hack, cough, sneeze, grunt. DH has it too, but we managed to get some super fun bd'ing in during our trip, even with DS asleep in our room. I didn't temp consistently even though I meant too, because I was up 3-5 times a night with DS or getting cough drops or water or whatever. But I did use OPK and I'm going to believe them because it is easiest for me!!! So I think I'm 3 dpo.

I will have to stalk others' charts this month.
#77 of 1198 Old 01-03-2007, 09:23 PM

Ok, so I feel silly and don't know what to think.

I found two slips of paper near my desk with the yesterdays date. One said 97.92, the other said 97.72. I'm assuming these were temperatures? But I'm not sure which one I took first, or when even. So I added in the 97.92, but discarded it. If my temp still goes down tomorrow then I might be able to assume it was the 97.72 one was the accurate one.

So, for now, my crosshairs have been reinstated, though I don't really trust what is going on with temping anyway.

THANK YOU for all the thoughts everyone. SarahJen, I hope you get some good news soon!
#78 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 01:51 AM

hey ladies.. keep posting... were at #119 on the big boards thing at the bottom.. thats so cool

anyway... la libertad.. yay for crosshairs.. at least you got em back

eb allison and elk.. we missed you

lily sorry about o.. sending you vibes and dust!!

steph.. why does it seem like you talk about bding more than what youre chart says you do... :P

to everyone.. and I know I missed a TON of people... goodnight... we are all gonna get pg one way or another... hold on take care

#79 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 04:28 AM

Sarah I am sorry your body is not cooperating with you. I hope things begin moving forward soon one way or another.

LaLibertad I have had a similar temp situation and compromised and put it in the middle (like 97.82), but also cautiously discarded. I had to laugh at myself obsessing over a tenth of a degree the other morning they are just temps, and one temp doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

Christy, I hope AF gets here soon or that you get a wonderful surprise.
Long cycles are just salt in the wound of ttc, they make it so much worse.

Lily My dr told me, and lots of things I've read say, that you typically ovulate a bit later on clomid, though not so much if you take it days 3-7. I would suppose that is from the hormone suppression going on ? Anyways I am keeping my fingers : crossed for some really perfect and strong eggs to pop out for you soon.

Allison it is good to see you again I am surprised that FF hasn't given you crosshairs... I think your chart deserves them, what is it waiting for ?

Teneal How are you feeling these days ? I read your where is everyone post earlier and I wanted to say hi then but I had to run... but I was there reading the thread thinking of you. Have you talked to Theresa lately ? How is she ?

Elkmama it is good to see you as well, I hope you are feeling better soon !

Crystal, Your chart looks good ! Hope your temps keep on the rise :

Ity, AnonK, Stephanie, Willow, Tara, Susykat, and everyone I missed... How are you all doing ?

I did something funny today... it is cd 8 and I thought I would start testing with OPKs because look at Lily ovulating so early on clomid last month and I didn't want to chance missing it. I have surprised myself with early LH surge before. Anyways I take the test, and it it just about positive. I could almost feel the gears turning in my brain as I figured out it was because I just finished up the clomid. DUH ! I checked and yeah, you need to wait 3 days after the last dose to get true opk +s because clomid increases your LH. But I was excited because that means the meds are doing something.
: : oh please oh please be doing something good ! : :

I have decided that for this first round of clomid I am going to try and drop the detachment and cynicism, and be really hopeful and positive that this could be it. It is worth a try, I have really moped through the last couple of cycles. Maybe that scares babies off.
#80 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 07:01 AM

AF :

In order to not be an emotional wreck, I have composed the silver lining list:

1. I completed a full month of charting. Yay me!
2. Even with the temp discrepancies, I may actually have a near normal cycle. Another month of charting can now either confirm or deny.
3. Cycle lengths are getting SHORTER and more in line with how I remember them to be (pre-BCP).
4. I have information to bring with me to the Dr. This way they won't try to bully me into thinking/doing something I'm not sure is true.

Anyone else have a silver lining list?
#81 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 08:07 AM

libertad.. no silver lining list... but I have also thought of handing my chart over to my gyn... at least they can REALLY see what was going on there ya know

ocean.. thanks for the vote of confidence... but I dont think I'm pg... then again... af is late... idk... I hope not tho too cause I drank way too much last night... ... thats the most friggin fun I've had in weeks. *sigh*

well see

(but dont I wish)

#82 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 AM

LaLibertad - silver lining list would be sooo easy. Once I get af I can start my clomid. Now... where exactly did she go?? Hello? Bueller? Hopefully tomorrow...

#83 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Woohoo CD1!!

#84 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 10:50 AM

Happy for you Christy and sad for you LaLibertad.

I really think I'm out this month. AF is due monday-ish. Just not feeling it. In fact I have all the classic PMS symptoms and feeling super emotional and low this AM.

My silver lining list is I've almost completed the feng shui of my house and I'm on new vitamins so my next cycle will be a good one and I'd be so happy with an oct baby. See it would be my b'day in sept, this new baby in oct, my dad in nov, my son in dec, and my dh is jan. That's a great reason to have an oct baby right????? Plus it would be nicer weather here.
: : : : : :

UGH, I hate this. I feel low this AM. Please send me happy positive thought vibes. I'm going to the gym with hopes some working out helps me.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#85 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 10:50 AM

ya christy... see your body works

#86 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 10:51 AM

tara.. I will be thinking happy thoughts of you... but I gotta do it when Im cleaning.. hope you dont mind

#87 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 PM

Ocean Good for you on the + OPK even if it's not 100% the right time, we so know it's working here! I O'd on like day 19-20 when not on clomid and day 16 or 17 with clomid. So you never really know just gotta keep taking the OPK's. GL with it.

Tara Your not out until your out....classic AF signs are/could be pregnancy signs. I hope your one in the 3 BFP's that we get right now!!!

Christy HELL YEAH! YAY!! for AF....never thought I'd say that. Come on clomid work your magic!

LaL I'm so sorry that she found you, but I do love the positive attitude you've got going, and the silver lining, I need to get one of those.

Crystal Don't clean too much, you won't have anything to do the rest of the week....I tend to get bored when I do everything at once....hehe. Then the next day starts and I don't want to do it anyway....HA.

Ok Theresa says HI and she hopes that when she finally comes back to the board that we've all moved on to DDC and she doesn't know anyone here. She's too funny. She is ok tho and thinks of/asks about you all lots!

I am having some twinges/cramps in my ovaries today.....very weird feeling. But I did the same thing the last time I was on clomid, very early with the twinges/cramps like I could tell that they were both working....kwim?

Ok, hugs to all.

#88 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 PM

oh no no no... I have too much everyday.. there is no such thing as "too much cleaning" in my house...

I'm too disorganized.. and thats not even half my problem

#89 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok FF agrees with me now - O on CD15. It approved of my 98.3 that I got this morning.

My Silver Lining list:

If this cycle doesn't work out, I'll have some time to lose a bit of the weight I gained over the holidays. (My mom made pierogies - polish cheese "ravoli" - and they were soo )

I have an appointment with an RE on the 29th so maybe I'll be able to begin to get some answers from that.

If my hubby gets the job/salary that he wants, we'll move into an area where I'll have my choice of several homebirth midwives or possibly a birth center and maybe that's what this baby has been waiting for. I'd love a waterbirth which seems highly unlikely to happen in the area I live now.

I kinda liked that exercise. I really do want to try to be more positive and more relaxed.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#90 of 1198 Old 01-04-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
Sarah : I checked and yeah, you need to wait 3 days after the last dose to get true opk +s because clomid increases your LH. But I was excited because that means the meds are doing something. ... It is worth a try, I have really moped through the last couple of cycles. Maybe that scares babies off.
Yeah, oceanmommy, for the confirmation that clomid is doing its job (at least the first part of the job)! That is great. I had to pop in with a "be gentle with yourself" nag re: the other comments. You feel what you feel and those are important feelings. I really don't believe that you're scaring babies off...
Hang in there and here's hoping for success soon!

LaLib - Sorry about af, but you made some great points with your list. My list always has "I can drink wine with that dinner coming up" or "I can have a margarita with my girlfriend" on Friday. (I drink a little bit before o and not at all in 2ww.)

Yeah Christy! Hope the clomid does great things and does this *this month*!

I am "working at home" today. Unfortunately I have a ton of work but I did sleep in and I will pamper myself in hopes of getting through this cold sooner! Hugs to all!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page