TTC 6+ months January Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tricia Good to see you!

Crystal I'm sorry about the negative, I hope your spirits are ok.

Katherine I think with our DH's working the hours that they do (fireman) it makes it hard to TTC and be 100% accurate. Can he maybe take a vacation day when your about to O so you can get in a bit more BD'ing?

Elk DH is a fireman and in the Air Force.....or fireman for the Air Force. So he is 24 on 24 off and when/if he gets deployed to Venezula this year. I still hope he doesn't go even if it's not to the war. I want to keep him here. And um hello, if I don't get pregnant before then it'll take that mauch longer. :

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 12:30 PM

Hopesmom good to see you, I wondered where you had disappeared to. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Becky welcome back to the thread, I've seen your name in some of the older 6M threads when I was reading through. I should technically be in the 12M thread too but I'm not quite ready to move away from here yet. I feel, like Stephanie said, that I'll be starting over once this ridiculously long cycle ends.

Tara have you watched the movie for the secret? I have the movie but I've not read the book.

Ok so I'm trying to get my rear in gear and get to the gym today. A little nervous about it because I haven't been in a looooooooooong time and I've gained so much weight in the last few months (20lbs! How does that even happen?!) and I don't even know if my gym clothes will fit. I used to be someone else entirely before TTC and the M/C literally took over my entire life.

:

Teneal sole the top post out from under my typing fingers
#183 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 PM

I'm just fine.. I was really hoping.. but was kinda doubtful...

no I just wanna know where af is then :

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#184 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 PM

Drat, Crystal. Glad you're not feeling too down...

Hopesmom, thanks for the info on keeping going past the apparent o. I know we "peter out" after the positive opk, but it makes sense to do a few more bd's (for fun and extra sperm!).

Becky - welcome back. Here's hoping you disappear for GOOD soon.

I'm feeling better today - in terms of cold and tummy problems. Yeah! Unfortunately, I have to work to get through the stuff I didn't do yesterday so dh and ds get a play day together.
#185 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Crystal - I'm so sorry...

So, no bding for me last night. DH brought his friends home right when I was trying to get to sleep. I can't fall asleep with noise, so I just watched 2 hour-long shows off the bedroom tivo. Eventually at nearly 2 am I text messaged him that I couldn't sleep. I guess there movie was over anyway because they all left right then. DH went right to sleep.

I woke up this morning while DH was showering (he has to go in to work for a while) and had another high temp, so I hopped into the shower with him. But, I was too late - he finished and got out right away.

I feel like I have really bad chances since we only gio the day of o. This early o thing caught me completely off-guard.

Sorry to go on and on...

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#186 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 01:21 PM

Steph - Sounds frustrating. But maybe the timing on o day was just right -- it isn't how many sperm are around but just the luck of one meeting the egg, right? Anyway, hugs to you. My fingers are crossed for you for this month!

There's no going on and on here. That's what this is all for!
#187 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Everyone, I can't talk this morning, got many things to do today. No O yet. Hopesmom, thanks for the tip. We definitely have to give it a break. It is always fun, yet I think dh really needs to "replenish" today. Of course I will be bugging him for a few days after now that I know!

That news about julia roberts bugs me now. I don't want to hear that same story about just relax. Doesn't she know that? How could she go ahead and say that to all us poor women!

Okay, gotta go. Have a great day.
#188 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
I'm thinking we should start a "TTC #1 for too long" thread.
I'm right there with you! It's a very panicky feeling TTC #1 as the cycles continue to tick by. I saw your post on the year + thread: I'm another with no medical validation for why I'm not pregnant. So you're not the only one in that boat.

punquin I think your BD schedule looks very good! : for you

I'm with lily - why does yet another person recommend the "just relax" theory?? Especially someone who experienced infertility. Ugh.

My temp was pretty high this AM. Hm.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#189 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 02:09 PM

steph.. men can be rotten sometimes... if only they could live in a womans shoes for a day!

allison. youre right! your temp is pretty high... maybe that means something

hi to everyone else... I actually have energy today.. and really need to put it to good use.. my house is such a wreck... concidering I havent really truly cleaned much all week...

for everyone who wants/needs it

#190 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 02:23 PM

crystal, i'm am by no means a chart expert at all i've only done it a couple of months, and i haven't "studied" them a ton. but i wonder if you O'd later than FF is showing. like around day 33 or 35? just looking at the CM and the differences in the changes in your temps. just a hunch........

i have had two days of bad temps now. yesterday because i woke up with a fever of 101.3 and today because i was up all night with my middle DD who had a temp of 104.5 i took my temp 45 min late, after a very sleepless night. so, i have no clue what is accurate and what is not. if today's temp was accurate i had a dip today, 6 or 7DPO ( depending on who you talk to) and i've had horrible pains in my back, with cramping. only time will tell now.
#191 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 02:37 PM

I actually think I oed on cd23... but I am also not a chart expert.. nor am I with cm... so who knows whats going on with my body!! I had a period for two months.. and then was on bcp for a month to stop the bleeding... so I figure maybe its my body getting back into the groove of doing things on its own and not relying on meds ... but I do have to agree with you.. it does sort of look that way... around 33 or so.. but with christmas and everything I just couldnt temp cause I was always staying up late and getting up early.... blah

thanks

#192 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 02:38 PM

Geez... you go out for one night and look at what happens! FTR, I'm ususally home on Friday and Saturday nights too cause DH will end up closing his store lots of night and mostly he's to tired to go out if he's had to open the store, soo... we're old, I guess.

Crystal - sorry about the bfn. That's a bummer. Maybe you didn't o when ff says? Your chart looks kinda confusing.

Ity - ITA with the idea of TTC #1 for way to long. The only potential problem is all the women we'd get who are on cycle #2 and complaining they didn't preggo the first time and why not... wahhhh. Sorry. Mini vent. Anyway, you made me laugh this morning, so that's always good.

Tricia - good to hear from you. Sorry bout the computer. I hate when DH redoes ours cause it always takes him an entire day or two to get it to work right again. Or to get it the way he wants it to work anyway.

Teneal - I can't imagine my DH having to get sent anywhere! My brother has one year left on his army term of service and I was a wreck the whole time he was in Iraq (which was four years ago now). I'm in a state of constant worry that they'll send him somewhere else before his year is up. If it was my DH I might lose my mind. I don't know how my SIL handles it!

Becky - welcome. I recognize your name from around the board. Hopefully, things go better this time around for you.

Allison - your temp looks pretty. Fingers crossed that it keeps going that way.

Stephanie - I bet your chances are fine with what you managed. It only takes one little swimmer, right?

Alrighty... day one of clomid. So why now, am I totally nervous about the whole idea? It's like my brain processed the fact that we may actually have a real chance if I manage to ovulate... you'll notice my conscious brain is still quite hesitant with all my ifs and maybes. It's just wierd, I guess, knowing that this drug is supposed to make you ovulate when you really haven't been, hence you could really, honestly conceive.

Eh, it's likely my messed up dream from last night, which involved a whole wierd thing where my favorite NASCAR driver proposed to me and we started planning this whole elaborate wedding and then my DH was like "hey what about me" and I laughed and told him I always told him I'd leave him if I could have Jamie. Which is hilarious to me, upon waking up. That really has been a running joke between us (not that I'd really leave him, or that I'd ever even have a chance with Jamie McMurray, but my brain is messed up!).

Alrighty, I think my post is wayyy to long. Morning to everybody. to anybody who needs it.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#193 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 02:44 PM

lol christy.. what a dream... and comiing from you ms chart expert... I cant help but agree that its confusing

I really hope the clomid works for you!

#194 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 03:35 PM

Stephanie do we need to remind you that the month you and DH conceived it was a one time in the shower BD on the right day that did it? :

Allisonrose lovely temp rise

Christy your dream made me really laugh, must have been something in the air last night because I had some crazy ones too.

the "just relax" people - when people tell me that these days I say that just relaxing isn't what got me pregnant the first time, it was proper charting, good timing, and lots and lots of GIO whether we felt like it or not.

Well I met one of my goals today and that was to get to the gym, MAN am I out of shape but it really felt great to get moving. My next goal is to get the house organized and cleaned up... any volunteers to do that for me?
#195 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 04:37 PM

FOR you sarah??? not a chance.. but I'll join that goal WITH you

#196 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 04:40 PM

Sarahjen - I really want to see the movie the secret but I am on a spending freeze right now so I got the book from the library. Did you like the movie? Did it make a big impression on you? Please be honest, I'm a little skeptical.

Crystal - Sorry for your BFN.

Christy - Funny dream. I've had some weird ones like that before too. Also I'm sure it's completely normal for you to be a little anxious about using the clomid. I hope it works out for you.

AF is due Monday. I woke feeling sick to my stomach this AM which made me get my hopes up but I really don't think it happened I think I just had a gas bubble or something. When I was preg with DS I knew I was preg because of my boobs hurting so much. I keep thinking the same will happen again and I'm pretty disappointed that my boobs don't hurt right now. But then someone here said something about each pregnancy being different and that got my hopes up too. So ???For those with more than one preg were your sympotms the same or different each time???

Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#197 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 04:51 PM

Becky !!! Welcome back to the fold, though I must say that when I saw your name I hoped you were coming to post your we-weren't-trying-anymore-but-surprise BFP. Well, at least you are in good company here, and there are still some familiar faces around.

The company here is so good that I have been here on this thread and also on the 12+ month one... it gets hard to see people come and go here while I am... still... here ! And it makes me feel like we have been ttc forever. But yet I am attached to everyone on this thread and so I have to stay even if it's been over a year and a half for us at this point

Welcome to Kdlizmama and Dana ! I hope you get to be one of those lucky new faces who seem to come and go (with their BFPs) so quickly.

Crystal I am sorry to hear about the BFN, maybe it is just too early

Tricia Hi did you ever scan in the ultrasound pics ? I'd love to see them, you can pm me if you want

Stephanie your pregnancy is proof that it is quality not quantity of BD that counts... and that it just takes one sperm... so : I hope that old magic works itself again for you

Elkmama I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope the rest of your 2ww speeds by and with good results.

Lily I can see you are not taking any chances with timing this cycle. I really hope it pays off for you ! At least you will be able to relax in the 2ww and know you gave it your all.

Allison Your chart is looking good :

Teneal, I hope your DH gets to stay home. : I cannot imagine DH being gone for so long.... that would be so hard, not to mention with all the ttc/pg stuff going on.

ETA: Tara : this is the hardest part of the wait ! GL to you !!!

Christy I had similar apprhensions when I started the clomid... I wrote about it on the 12+ thread... but all that has passed and now I am really excited at the prospect of something good finally happening. Reason to hope, right ?

Sarah who is the author of the secret ? I need to find this book !

: Hi to everyone I missed ! I know there are lots of you !

I am starting to feel little twitches and cramps, sometimes a soft buzzing that reminds me of when my cell phone is in my pocket on vibe. I hope good stuff is happeneing in there :
#198 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 04:52 PM

Tara it did sort of make an impression on me, it wasn't really a new way of thinking for me though because I had spent some time a few years ago looking into the laws of attraction and the Abraham-Hicks stuff but it did serve to refocus my energy on it. I've always been sort of skeptical about the whole thing myself too but if you're interested I can tell you a couple of ways that I did make changes in my life because of it. PM me if you want me hear about it, I can email or PM you about them. Some people would say it's all coincidence or luck but I don't know, I had some pretty major changes at the time.

I hope your sick feeling is a good sign for you.

can you tell I'm not cleaning
#199 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
I am starting to feel little twitches and cramps, sometimes a soft buzzing that reminds me of when my cell phone is in my pocket on vibe. I hope good stuff is happeneing in there :
Exciting!!! A few days ago I swear I felt a popping on my right side, like my ovary was hiccuping. Weird... but I did hope that it was a super-ovulation, even though I'm not on clomid. More likely it was the after-effects of the burrito with green chili.

And thanks, oceanmommy, for all the warmth and care you share with us all.

Ditto Sarahjen on wanting to smack the "just relax" folks. Also ditto on wanting to get organized... but I'm not holding my breath on my end.

Allison - : : :

Happy weekend to all!
#200 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
It's just wierd, I guess, knowing that this drug is supposed to make you ovulate when you really haven't been, hence you could really, honestly conceive.
I felt the same way, but remember it could take a while. I don't feel that way this month at ALL! I was thinking "miracle drug" last month, this month I am thinking "hope it helps!" I think it will!

I still got a negative OPK. Went out and spent $28.00!!!!! on a Clearblue OPK set. So we are taking a break tonight! Woo!

* With all this way early BDing, maybe a strong little girl spermie will get picked this time! *
#201 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 06:20 PM

Lily - It's not so much that I think it'll work. I haven't got a clue there. It's more this odd feeling of apprehension that most people likely feel when they START this whole journey (not a year into it) about "am I really ready for this for real?" feeling. I mean, I know I want a baby but it's never really been a possibility yet, hence this odd feeling.

FTR, I still expect to get NO results from this. Even with other people as evidence that it can and does work. I figure nothing's worked yet, why should this?

And for all you unorganized people (and I'll be hated for this) I could be on Clean Sweep as an organizer I so orderly. My DH on the other hand... well, let's just say he's a pack rat and leave it there. It's a good thing I love him! So my house doesn't need to be cleaned, really. It's very organized and clean (except where DH has been recently and one room that has his overflow that will be the baby's room and will eventually have to be cleaned out!). I tend to drive people crazy with my organized type A personality. : You all love me though, right?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#202 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Christy please come to my house and save me from myself. I'm normally a very organized person too but since we're living here temporarily there's stuff in boxes shoved into corners of rooms and whenever I need something the box comes out but never quite gets put back where it belongs. And then stuff gets piled on it. Makes me crazy!
#203 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Pregnancy symptoms have been different for me with each one.
1- My boobs hurt really bad with one or two of them.
2- My tummy gets very tender at the very bottom and it's uncomfortable to wear my normal clothing almost immediatly.
3- Nausea started long before a ++ BFP with one.
4- BFP at like 6 dpo with one.
5- Fatigue (spelling) very soon with one and late with others.
6- No symptoms at all with one until 8 weeks.

I've been pregnant 6 times so far, so I think with that many successful/unsuccessful trys your bound to feel/not feel very different. So Tara, I agree 100% that looking for previous symptoms may not be the best thing.....you could be preggers and feel wonderful this time around. KWIM?

#204 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Thanks Tenk. It's good to know that from someone as 'experienced' as you are.

I guess I'm just in the wait and see phase now. Still not too hopeful but anything is possible!

T

PS - Sarahjen...I'll PM you.

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#205 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Tara, I had no symptoms until I tested, then all of the sudden I had slight nausea, like the second I found out, both times I think it was nerves!

The only symptom I had early on was some slight lightheadedness and fatigue around eight weeks, a little nausea. But I didn't even know I was pg for about 2-1/2 months.

Okay, I am turning off my computer for the day. See ya tomorrow!

for all my computer friends!
#206 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 08:16 PM

Another temp drop so... anyday now for AF. I guess that my luteal phase might be longer because of the B6... I was just fine with it at 13 days

I can relate to the clutter mess. We are building a house and the land we bought had a single wide trailer that we are living in so we've been cramped for awhile but the end is near our house should be done in a couple of months.

What is this book everyone is asking about? the secret? What is it about?

Tenk DH will be on his 8 day break this cycle during O, I think. I plan to do the sperm meets egg plan so : I hope you're DH gets to stay home!

Christy, I know what you mean about thinking why would this be different? That thought crosses my mind too

Lily I bet a girlie sperm is taking her time just waiting for that egg to pop out! I'm right there with you on the whole relax thing. When I heard what Julia Roberts said I thought, thats easy for you to say now - you're pregnant!

Sarah yay for the gym. it is so hard to get motivated - good for you!

I'm trying my own version of RELAX... I'm trying to go to yoga as much as possible and get my mind, body and spirit all in line with the other. Even thought AF is on her way I'm still believing - it is possible It may be a bit woo woo but I believe it will result in me becoming pregnant.

did I sound convincing? I'm trying to believe it...
#207 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 PM

So today we went to lunch with a group of about 10 friends, one of whom is 5 months pregnant, and showing and glowing and looking soooooo happy. I managed not to bust into tears or anything, I just sat at the opposite end of the table, and tried not to look at her. But then after the food part, she came to our end of the table and was all - So how are you? I was trying to be all happy, and I was all, I'm good! She kept talking about the baby, how its kicking, moving alot... I guess I looked really sad or something, which I was really trying hard NOT to be, because I am really happy for her and her DH, but I can't help it. So she was asking me how I really was, and I just shrugged and said, I'm on round 2 of Clomid, and its making me a bit touchy, and she said she cried constantly on Clomid, (they tried to get pg for year or two, so she's tried just about everything, they ultimately ended up doing IVF, which took 2 or 3 tries to "stick") and so we kinda joked a bit about mood swings and stuff. So I managed to get thru the lunch without major mishap - but now my friends have a better idea of how hard we're trying here. I'm just glad I got thru it without crying.

(my friends dont need to know that I came home and curled up on the couch with chocolate and cried then., and have been off and on since we got home at 3-ish. : )
#208 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 08:39 PM

Ity

I so know how you feel.

#209 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 10:12 PM

guess what I got in the mail today!!!!

I got a divacup.... its an omen... I'm gonna get pg before I can use it.. just you wait (not!)

this is cool!

#210 of 1198 Old 01-06-2007, 10:45 PM

Katherine I think that 8 day break for him might be perfect for the 2 of you. I so wish my DH had a break like that. He is 24 on 24 off and doesn't get long days off. Every other week he gets his Kelly day, but it's just one day. AND it was always a week day so I never got to spend anytime with him. He worked every weekend and almost every holiday. That makes it hard to take care of the kiddies and work as much as I do. So in 2 years he's only had 2 full weekends off....until now and just this year they gave him a Sat Kelly day (today) so now he'll be home every other weekend
And this week (again) they are doing the Terrorist attack exercise so he'll be home from yesterday til next Sunday every night like a normal person. I'm so hoping that I O this week since he'll be here.

He even asked me when we needed to DTD to catch the egg and offered to do it every day til then....YAY! I told him I'd still need to use OPK's (which he hated before) and he told me to let him know. He even offered to start wearing boxers again (he has been wearing boxer briefs). He is ready now I think...100%....and maybe before he wasn't 100% sure he was willing to risk another still birth or m/c. Now the doc is monitoring me and he's ok with it.

Ok night night ladies!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page