TTC 6+ months January Support Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
First ... 7  8  9 10  11  19  ... Last
Trying To Conceive > TTC 6+ months January Support Thread
Taradactyl3's Avatar Taradactyl3 12:24 PM 01-08-2007
Question for you guys. Today is the day AF is due. I have had 29 and even one 30 day cycle but most are 28 days and today is cd 28. So on a whim I felt for my CP and it's pretty high. Does anyone know if that's good or bad? It really means nothing since AF could wait a day or two and show up but I was wondering.

Also I got a hot flash in church yesterday and just now at breakfast.

Trying not to get my hopes up but I'm still wondering what's going on.

Please keep : for me.

Tara

Taradactyl3's Avatar Taradactyl3 12:26 PM 01-08-2007
CRAP, now I have a totpp to obsess on. I was doing so well not obsessing until yesterday and now it's full on obsess time.

FYI, I plan to test tomorrow AM with a $tree test. DH leaves super early Wed to go out of town so I want to test before he leaves.

T
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 12:26 PM 01-08-2007
Crystal I'm not saying that your situation is the same as mine, but back when I thought I was fertile as all get out and took BCP's, I went off of them to TTC DD that passed on, I had my AF one time when the pills were done and then didn't have it again for 3 months. Then I had it once and get pregnant right away. I so know this is not what you wanted to hear but your are right it may be the BCP's playing dirty rotten tricks. Also a friend of ours in Cincy went off of them to get pregnant and was on 2 full months of no period while we were there in Sept. I haven't talk to her since. I hope that's not what's going on and that you have O'd for sure!

Stacy Nice to see you!

Lily & Ity Are you 2 close to O yet?

Ocean I so hope it worked!!!

Tara I do hope youare pregnant now, but if not then I'm glad you have that *feeling* like your going to have an Oct baby.....I like that too!

Dana :

Sarah How are you feeling today?

Steph Fingers crossed for high temps!!!

Ok, I'm totally getting ready to O or my ovaries are going to fall out...I'm not 100% sure which one is going to happen. I'm not in super pain, but I woke up with the ache in there this morning....and my temp went down more....I still had a negative OPK this morning but I'll test again tonight and see what happnes. Other than that we have a BD plan. Since Friday it's been like 4times and until Sunday we'll get in another 6 times due to his schedule. If miss that damn egg this time then there's no hope for us.......

Ok, more later ladies...... I'm having mine now and waiting for some work to do today.
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 12:31 PM 01-08-2007
Tara I just typed this long reply to your question and lost it.

Last cycle when I was not pregnant obviously I did some research on this......if it's soft then that's a good thing. Mine was low, firm, and almost open and AF was here the next day. Eventually it will move up again (if your pregnant) and be soft and high and long......but for now there's really no way to tell if/what it means. That's what I got from my searches at least.
angel1895's Avatar angel1895 01:55 PM 01-08-2007
its so sad no one can figure my body out

teneal.. of course its not what I WANT to hear.. but I'm taking any and all info this morning... I want only on bcp for a month... I'm hoping it didnt mess with me that badly

tara... hot flashes.. are they supposed to mean something?

christy.. I understand (99%) what you said idk anymore... but thanks for the input about ff.. its not like its human just a program
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 02:16 PM 01-08-2007
Ah, weird feeling in my cervix again, hoping it's about O time so I can get on with this month since DH will be home every single day this week WAHOOO.....bored here ladies and need something to obsess over here ladies....Tara, put your chart back up or something so I can stare at it....lol. Elk how are you feeling today???

Crystal Love the new siggy.
susykat's Avatar susykat 02:21 PM 01-08-2007
Tenk- Whoohoo for BD every day!!!

angel if I was looking at your chart and guessing O day - I might say it just happened but what do I know?!?

Tara : Oh I so wish there were temps to obsess over!!

Christy I hope that you are brewing up the best little egg ever right now

Sarahjen

I ordered 25 OPK stripts so once they get here I'll be ready to test 2x a day
I'm off to classes :
ItyBty's Avatar ItyBty 02:21 PM 01-08-2007
Crystal - bcp can screw up your cycles, honestly? I'd call my Dr and ask whats going on. Hot flashes can be a side effect of Clomid - I've had em like crazy, its kept me from sleeping decently for a couple of weeks now. I am not amused. :

Tenk - I'm getting near O - got a light line on an OPK yesterday, so we're gearing up. I figure sometime in the next 7 days or so. Grapefruit juice, green tea, and EPO and Flax oh my!

Everyone here... thank you SO MUCH for letting me rant and rave and just listening and sending hugs. I'm still sad, but thats just how its gonna be until I'm holding my little girl/boy in my arms. But... you all have no idea how much it helped to know you were there to listen to me.
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 02:28 PM 01-08-2007
Oh Kat did you get them from ebay and early-pregnancy-tests.com? I honestly think they are the best but that's all I've used. Oh I used some Answer ones once but in conjunction with the ones mentioned above. I was testing obsessively hehe. You bet your add (ss) YAY! for BD every day. I'm glad you got them ordered and will all be on them + temping soon.

Ity Don't you just love that you can actually feel the gearing up to O with the clomid, not that it feels good but that you know *something* is going on in there that can have a + outcome??? WAHOOOO.... Maybe we'll be cycle buddies for dpo...and Lily of course...OH and Ocean...we'll all be cycle buddies for dpo....come on eggies.
ELKMama's Avatar ELKMama 02:28 PM 01-08-2007
Hey Tenk - Glad your timing will work with dh's schedule! Come on eggy!

I'm feeling fine. Thanks for asking. I think my cold is done - yippee! Only 8 dpo here, so I am trying to hang loose. Since I didn't do a good job temping (and travel, illness, and my beloved son's habit of needing me 3-5 times a night would make the temps questionable anyway), I don't have a lot to obsess over. Yesterday, I had tingly boobs and a little creamy cm and I got excited -- almost wrote in about it and then decided I was putting too much hope on random symptoms!

Crystal - I'm sorry the chart is so darn confusing. I don't have any answers...

Christy - What do you mean you weren't ovulating even though you were getting crosshairs? How do you know? (Sorry if I missed that earlier.) Did you also use OPKs? Your post made me feel like "Maybe I don't actually have any idea what is going on?!!"

Tara - Fingers crossed!!!

Ocean - Good vibes sent!!!

Dana - I'm just beginning to explore Clomid but what I've read so far was something like: Your chance of twins goes from <1/100 to 8/100 (for people without a bunch of twins in the family). Your chance of triplets goes from something like 2/1000 to 2/100. A big increase, but still not a huge chance of triplets. And if I remember right, those are chances of multiple IMPLANTATIONS. I know someone who had 3 embryos implant, but 2 didn't develop. I also have a friend who did Clomid and IUI (her dh's sperm inserted into her uterus at the "right" time) and had multiple eggs fertilize, but only 1 implanted. She's due in 4 weeks!
lilyflower's Avatar lilyflower 02:32 PM 01-08-2007
Good morning everyone!

Tara, oooooo I hope it is it for you!! I am sorry, but I am getting excited about it! I can't wait until tomorrow!

Tenk, Yay for O!!!! YOur dh must be young. Doesn't he ever run out of energy (IYKWIM)? I'm jealous. I have not O'd yet, unless I didn't feel it, but I am feeling all sorts of feelings yesterday and today so it seems around somewhere. My OPK this morning was a little darker than the other days, but not positive. I am going to take another this afternoon. I have a feeling it will be positive. I hope it is because that is the only way I am going to get a BD excuse in today to my dh. (it sucks to have to say that)

Hopesmom, today I am having some "zings" that are going from my ovary all the way to the outside (I am thinking of your past symptom that you were talking about once). I think it is the same thing you were feeling! Weird huh?

Angel, it really does seem like you O'd later and this may be a good sign!! It looks like you BD good timing all through so I hope your temp is up tomorrow too! Maybe just obsessing over a chart caused a late O. ??

Stacymom, Yay, so nice to hear from you! Thanks for the dusting and I hope you don't have too much nausea.

Danalex, Oh, 8 dpo can be so frustrating . I didn't know that about the rules either. I will have to check into that.

ItyBty, my OPK line is starting to get darker. I have had a light one for several days. I can't stand the wait. I am so freaked out about timing this time!! I feel I may get a positive later today though. I have such a hard time believing in the idea that sperm lives up there for a couple days. I just can't grasp that very well.... I will just have to trust what they say.

Hoping for positive OPK today!!
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 02:32 PM 01-08-2007
ELK I love 8 dpo and that you keep using OPK's....that means when you do get pregnant you'll know from using OPK's.....if it goes +++ again then you for real caught that egg....YAY!!!
angel1895's Avatar angel1895 02:32 PM 01-08-2007
katherine and teneal.. I just noticed.. well I already knew about teneals... but our dhs are all :fireman... my dh isnt yet.. but hes in training and is about halfway through.. I'm excited about it.. and hes doing really well

babara... I dont wanna call my doc *insert kicking and screaming smile here*... I'm giggling cause its funny.. this is only my first cycle off it... I'm thinking I should just give it more time...

I didnt know hot flashes were part of the clomid side effects.. thats gotta stink

teneal.. lets hope its o! :

yeah tara.. put your chart back up!

elk.. its ok! no one seems to know...

I think I'm gonna post in the forum.. see what others think.. what do I have to loose
HopesMom's Avatar HopesMom 02:43 PM 01-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Hopesmom, today I am having some "zings" that are going from my ovary all the way to the outside (I am thinking of your past symptom that you were talking about once). I think it is the same thing you were feeling! Weird huh?

Hoping for positive OPK today!!

: for you!! I'm also hoping it doesn't make you feel SO awful this cycle. Last cycle I was pretty worried about you.
angel1895's Avatar angel1895 02:46 PM 01-08-2007
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=584985

just came across this.. kinda interesting
ChristyM26's Avatar ChristyM26 03:41 PM 01-08-2007
ELK - I have never gotten a positive opk, but what confirmed it (for my doctor) was following a chart and watching the temps and then checking a couple of hormone levels. She told me that what was probably happening most cycles is that I was bursting an egg that was to old and damaged (they were sitting on my ovary until day 35 to 40), so in actuality I o'd but would never have gotten pregnant.

So hopefully the clomid fixes that.

Ity - how soon do the hot flashes start if you're going to get them? I haven't had any yet, but I'm trying to discern if I'm having any side effects.
allisonrose's Avatar allisonrose 03:43 PM 01-08-2007
Silver lining: just 19 more work days till my obnoxious preg coworker should be gone.

That high temp looks like it's going to be just a fluke. I've got one week down and another to go of the 2ww. I need a toe tapping smilie.
lilyflower's Avatar lilyflower 03:47 PM 01-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
ELK - I have never gotten a positive opk, but what confirmed it (for my doctor) was following a chart and watching the temps and then checking a couple of hormone levels. She told me that what was probably happening most cycles is that I was bursting an egg that was to old and damaged (they were sitting on my ovary until day 35 to 40), so in actuality I o'd but would never have gotten pregnant.

So hopefully the clomid fixes that.

Ity - how soon do the hot flashes start if you're going to get them? I haven't had any yet, but I'm trying to discern if I'm having any side effects.
I think that is what was happening with me too. Now I am getting paranoid because I haven't O'd yet. I started having hot flashes around the fifth pill on. I had them all the way through the cycle.
angel1895's Avatar angel1895 03:52 PM 01-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post
Silver lining: just 19 more work days till my obnoxious preg coworker should be gone.

ItyBty's Avatar ItyBty 04:01 PM 01-08-2007
The hot flashes didn't start until I was done with the pills. About CD9 or 10 I would guess. Mostly at night, which is why I'm not sleeping all that great. Waking up drenched in sweat, toss off all the covers, drift off to sleep a bit.... wake up freezing, pile the blankets back on... repeat.. It's not every night though - seems pretty random to me.

Crystal - I'm been sorta trying that spiritbabies thing.(without knowing what to call it) Last night before I fell asleep I demanded that little girl (since I can't think of ANY boys names, but have 1 girls name I adore, I'm thinking its a sign...) get her lazy precrastinatin butt out of the ovary, down the tube and find her favorite amongst DH's swimmers and get to getting already. I also told DH we really need a boys name, because what if this baby is a boy, and he doesn't wanna come out cause we don't have a name we love yet? Anyway, I figure this is the one thing I haven't tried yet - so it can't hurt.
ELKMama's Avatar ELKMama 04:03 PM 01-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
ELK I love 8 dpo and that you keep using OPK's....that means when you do get pregnant you'll know from using OPK's.....if it goes +++ again then you for real caught that egg....YAY!!!
OOOOOHH! Good info! I just have a pack of 20 OPKs that is supposed to go bad after 1 month and I had the creamy cm and thought "what if this is the real pre-O and the earlier test was wrong?" But now I have a real reason to use them up in the next week! Thanks, Tenk.

Christy - Great info about how your doc 'sussed out the lack of / late o. I am hoping, hoping, hoping Clomid does it for you this time!!! And fingers crossed for it working for Lily too.
ELKMama's Avatar ELKMama 04:05 PM 01-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
Last night before I fell asleep I demanded that little girl (since I can't think of ANY boys names, but have 1 girls name I adore, I'm thinking its a sign...) get her lazy precrastinatin butt out of the ovary, down the tube and find her favorite amongst DH's swimmers and get to getting already. I also told DH we really need a boys name, because what if this baby is a boy, and he doesn't wanna come out cause we don't have a name we love yet? Anyway, I figure this is the one thing I haven't tried yet - so it can't hurt.
Great idea! Of course, yelling at the kid even BEFORE she/he is conceived might not be the way you want to parent. Just kidding - I think this visualization is great.
lilyflower's Avatar lilyflower 04:05 PM 01-08-2007
Quote:
I'm thinking its a sign...) get her lazy precrastinatin butt out of the ovary, down the tube and find her favorite amongst DH's swimmers and get to getting already. Anyway, I figure this is the one thing I haven't tried yet - so it can't hurt.
:
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 04:06 PM 01-08-2007
Christy I didn't have hot flashes at all the first round. This time it only happens when I get pissed off. I think it can happen any time after the first pill tho.

Lily My first round I got a ++ OPK on day 15, 16, and 17 but didn't O until day 17 for sure. I know it's tough but it's ok that you haven't O'd just yet. I'm sorry but I am totally optimistic about it for you.

Allison I'm so excited for your silver lining.

Oh I have to share this, a girlfriend of mine just delivered a beautiful healthy baby boy on Friday weighing 8lbs 10ozs AFTER 1 full year of TTC'ing with no luck what so ever. Went on clomid 1 round and got pregnant. Just some food for thought.
ELKMama's Avatar ELKMama 04:07 PM 01-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Oh I have to share this, a girlfriend of mine just delivered a beautiful healthy baby boy on Friday weighing 8lbs 10ozs AFTER 1 full year of TTC'ing with no luck what so ever. Went on clomid 1 round and got pregnant. Just some food for thought.
Yeah for your friend and her family!!!! And thanks for sharing this happy example.
angel1895's Avatar angel1895 04:09 PM 01-08-2007
Quote:
precrastinatin
if it didnt say CT over there <--- I would think that would be the way you really spelled that! lol.

I'm such a frikken mdc addict today... I've managed to not get any housework in yet

save me from myself
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 04:09 PM 01-08-2007
Ity I think that is funny, and great too. I think we all should talk to our to be babes. I do think you should find a boys name tho just in case your right and he's waiting for that reason.
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 04:13 PM 01-08-2007
Can I just say that I must be gearing up for O for real because I keep having that feeling about needing to poo (sorry TMI) and I can't then when I get in there. That's the same feeling I had last time.

Oh, and a lady called about my add for a Nanny for the kidos....YAY!
ann109's Avatar ann109 04:17 PM 01-08-2007
Ok, here goes:

Hi Tara!!! I too wish there were some temps to stalk!! I know nothing about cp, sorry. But just want to say hi and I am so : all I can for you.

Tenk:Hi! Out of curiosity, can you describe the weird feeling cervix? And wow, that's alot of lovin'!!! Hope you're staying hydrated!!!! GL!!!

Angel : Cool link. I don't know how everyone feels about it here, but I have tried reassuring our spirit baby we are ready for him/her (even though our house needs remodeling..) And that's why it good were might be out this cycle. I'm kinda angry about our lack of baby and I don't want our spirit baby to be conceived with my current, but waning bad attitude....oh and hi, too!And yes, I've been around, and around, and around....geez, can't I get out of here already?!!! Also, wish I had some advice on the chart. Maybe it is the bc...I went on a detox after getting off bc, but that was before ttc and detoxing while ttc is not good....

Hi Ocean: Thanks for the HSG info. I tried to get my dr to schedule it sooner, but it was the only day it worked in both our schedules. I am hoping for a late O....it used to be CD16, now it has been CD14 recently, so : to take advantage of a cleared path in there!!! On a side note: when I called my obgyn, who I've seen for 14 years now, his new nurse said to me, when I told her how long my periods are and when I expect the next cycle to start: "Could you just look at the calendar and give me a date, because I don't really know anything about cycles and dates and stuff..." Ugh, I can't wait to tell the dr she said that...

: lily!!! Here's hoping for a +opk today!!! (I usually get mine around 10 pm...)

Ok, that's about all the personals I can squeeze out during lunch and take a potty break!!!! Oh and gulp down some graefruit jucie! Hope everyone is having a nice Monday~

ETA: Squeeze out and potty break was not the best use of language...I know there someone out there reading that, thinking, oh gross!!!!
Tenk's Avatar Tenk 04:31 PM 01-08-2007
Ann About the weird feeling cervix...It's a feeling deep inside me like almost in my back it's so deep and it's a tingle/sting almost and to me if I had to describe what it felt like for my cervix to open/close that's what I would assume it was. Now obviously I have no clue what I'm talking about but it sounds good and that's what it feels like to me. LOL YAY! we are doing lot's o lovin'....hehe
First ... 7  8  9 10  11  19  ... Last

Up