EWCM after O/during 2ww - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Goodmorning ladies!

I am so glad it is Fri.:

I found out that I was preg. with my 2nd by looking at my test several hours later. I was so bumbed and then later on that night I just had the strangest urge to dig it out of the trash in the bathroom and when I did it was positive. Faint but positive. I understand the evap line now but I think if it appears wider than the evap then it is potentially positive no matter how faint. I think it was after that I disscovered that I could test sooner than my missed period. Now I am addicted to doing so when trying to conceive. I hope we all get preggers soon!!!

I had a good friend of mine buy me a test yesterday while I was at work and I was sad because she got me the digital ept and I don't think you can test early with that one. I took it last night and this morning and it was negitive.

How can you use a opk like a preg. test?

Well girls I'm off to school with ds and then to work. Have a nice day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2007, 12:38 PM

Well, if that were true all the time I'd be pg now too! I have a test from a few days ago that became completely positive after the 10 minute window. The line was blue and wide and everything. They just aren't reliable after that time period, sadly.

Sometimes opk's will be positive if you are pg since the hormones are similar. But it's not reliable, it can be positive if you aren't as well.

Sorry about your negatives, go get a regular one for tomorrow!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 01-12-2007, 12:56 PM

true blue

i would take your postive OPK as a true positive.

sometimes your surge if fleeting, and can only be detected for a short period of time. i have read a lot on OPKs and they are kind of misleading IMO. different ones test for different amounts of LH, and women surge different amounts of LH too. so, i would take a positive as a postive. you can have a negative at 9a and then a positive at 4p, and a negative at 1a. so..........

i hope you are Oing now and in two weeks get that BIG FAT POSITIVE you've been waiting for.

i bought some clear blue +/- tests and then read on pee on a stick.com that they are not recommended and result in a LOT of false positives. so, i need to buy other tests like FRER or something. i guess a lot of people have lines show up on them and they aren't pg.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Hello! I'm waiting for some BFPs!!! I took a test today... -, but I'm only DPO 10. I"m hopeful! AF stay away! I'm CD 27... Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:43 PM

Good afternoon!

For the sake of argument, I will agree that you should follow the directions of your test. I would never suggest that you should rely on the results after the 10 min waiting has past. (all though it gives me hope no matter when the line shows up)

Have you ever heard of a chemical pregnacy? My last pregnancy was the result of this. It's when implantation occurs causing you to produce the hgc hormone (enough to be detected on the stick) and then giving you the positive results you long for only to end before you even miss af.

It is common and reminds me that that is why we really should wait till we have missed our Periods to be sure. But what fun is that!! I want to know as soon as I can. I hope someone get a bfp soon. I will test tonight I think I will let you know
Old 01-12-2007, 06:29 PM

well....I think af is just around the corner :. After I went to the bathroom this afternoon, there a was just a small amount of pink when I wiped, so I think I'm out for this month. All that ewcm that I had must have been a really late O....of course it comes at the worst time (when dp is working 12 hr shifts!)....on to next month I guess. Good luck to all of you, I hope you get your bfp's soon! Keep me updated!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

geck_07~ sorry to hear that AF may be coming.... bummer. I get bummed when someone in the 2ww that I've been kinda "following"...is -, but I'm hopeful it'll happen soon.

I'll keep everyone posted too
Old 01-13-2007, 11:46 AM

Aw geck, I'm sorry!!!

My temp was really low today. Either it's O day or that opk was indeed negative! We'll have to wait and see. If I don't O soon though I am really going to start to be concerned, since this is so abnormal for me.

Any hpt's this morning???

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 01-13-2007, 12:19 PM

goodmorning!

Trueblue- Did you have your P.? Do you not have one? I'm sorry I just didn't know why you thought you were Oing. I must have missed that conversation. I thought you were still waiting to test. I guess maybe I sould go back and catch up. I am only 10 dpo. Do you mind me asking how long you have been trying? I am starting to think my symptoms are in my head cuz I feel great today!!

Has anyone tested?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:30 PM

I took an opk to try to figure out what was up with my body and got a positive. My cervix is low and my cm seems sticky this morning so it just may have been right! Need the rest of the day to know for sure.

We just started trying this month, on a whim. I always analyze everything when I think I am pg too, the "symptoms" can drive you batty! :

Old 01-13-2007, 01:12 PM

I see!! We also just started this cycle on a whim!!! I just read something that has me wondering, maybe you might know.

I just read that low pregesterone could be the cause of spotting before af comes. I was confused this cycle when I spotted for about 3-4 days before I really had a normal flow. That could be why I mc last time ( we were not ttc at that time) I have never charted, or taken opk or even tried to understand cm untill this month so it's been sort of a cool experience. I have learned so much from everyone here.

I hope you get preg. soon
Old 01-13-2007, 04:47 PM

hey everyone.....I'm actually not all that surprised that af is here. I feel like suck an idiot though! When I had all the ewcm I SHOULD have been DTD with dp.... Well now I learned my lesson.....ewcm=DTD!!

Let me know when you test.....: crossing my fingers for you.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:55 PM

because there were no other temps to look at, i'm going to go with you had a positive OPK and that you have or will O

but like i said, since there are no other temps to look at it's a guess

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you though!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Aw geck, I'm sorry!!!

My temp was really low today. Either it's O day or that opk was indeed negative! We'll have to wait and see. If I don't O soon though I am really going to start to be concerned, since this is so abnormal for me.

Any hpt's this morning???
Old 01-13-2007, 04:57 PM

yeah!!!! that's my motto from now on. if i'm not PG this month with a sticky babe, then we're ditching the temping and OPKs and sticking to, "EWCM= DTD"!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geck_07 View Post
hey everyone.....I'm actually not all that surprised that af is here. I feel like suck an idiot though! When I had all the ewcm I SHOULD have been DTD with dp.... Well now I learned my lesson.....ewcm=DTD!!

Let me know when you test.....: crossing my fingers for you.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone

POAS today... still -. DPO 11, CD 28 (AF is usually due on day 30)...pretty regular most of the time. I know what you mean about imagining sxs....I was convinced I was pregnant in the beginning of the week...now I feel fine too and have almost accepted that this is not the month. We just started TTC #2...so now I'm "in the mode" if you know what I mean...and alot healthier now...no alcohol. no coffee during the 2ww for me.

But next month if I am not preg, I think I will try the OPTs....I was thinking maybe I'm off too having the EGCM...and we didn't BD on that day, but the day before, etc. And plus, I don't want to wasted any BD days or do if for "nothing" if you know what I mean!!!

But...all that said..AF is not here and I still have hope this month!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Well...hopefully better luck next month....AF came today As I said before...now we are in the mode of TTC...healthier eating, etc. This was our first month trying.... so I'm not super bummed as I was in the past. But give it time!

How is everyone else doing???

I'll be around the TTC board keeping busy until O!!
Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Abylite~ sorry af showed....that really sucks.I guess me and you are on sort of the same cycle now (I'm only 2 days ahead of you)...so I'll wait around until O time with you, hopefully this will be our month!
Old 01-14-2007, 04:41 PM

Aw man, you guys! I was so hopeful for us ALL to be pg!!! How cool would that have been??

As for me... I have no idea what my body is doing!!! My temp was still low this morning and I still feel wet and cold...sigh....

Old 01-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Well everyone, sounds like we are all out this month. I tested this morning 11dpo and got nothing. I didn't use anything with a blue die. I feel like I will start in a few days (af). I hope you all have better luck this time I will be watching and thinking of you all. I haven't decided if I will try again. I was just informed that I will be in my sisters wedding in Sept.

I would have been around 9 months preg. in her wedding if I had gotten preg. that is. Best of luck.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Hello!

Well...at least I am not alone...although I don't want any of us on these TTC boards too long! Let's move over to the "due date boards..." maybe for October!!!

True Blue, that must be frustrating not "knowing"! At least when AF is here...then you KNOW! I hope you get answers soon!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:42 PM

I had discharge after O as well. : Now I am in the 2ww and everyday is excrutiating. Every sign seems like I am pregnant.

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy
Old 01-14-2007, 11:18 PM

Jen~ I'm standing for my sisters wedding at the end of June, If I get pregnant I'll be 5 months or less, but her maid of honor will be 8 months!

True Blue~I really hope you find something out soon.....it still could be your month!

Abylite~ I have a feeling that we'll all be joining the October '07 DDC (I'm keeping my fingers crossed)

Momsgotspunk~ what cd/dpo are you?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:22 PM

I'm really hoping that I o'd now, I think my CM is changing, so maybe I'll have a temp change tomorrow to match. Maybe I can get Oct started and you all can meet me there in a few weeks.

Momgotspunk...it IS excruiciating, isn't it???

Old 01-15-2007, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Well. True blue...if you are O'ing have fun BD and good luck! Just hanging here!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:21 PM

:.....hopefully you'll start us off in the Oct. ddc!! I jst have this "feeling" that this is going to be a great month (into Feb.). I'm hoping to be pregnant by my 25th B-day! Baby dust everyone.....

User Tag List