Thick semen ( WARNING ) TMI!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-25-2007, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, have a question for you ladies. After gio this morning, we stayed in bead for 5 more min. then we had to get up. I got up and felt that everything was comming out so I put my hand down there so I wouldn't make a mess. When I was in the bathroom, I looked at the semen it was really thick and clumpy and very white, it didn't have a bad smell or anything, there was also a lot of clear stuff there very much like ewcm. The thick stuff worries me though.

Anyone know if this is normal? I really don't know!

Gotta add something, it has been a week since the last bd'ing, could that have caused it to be so thick?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 01-25-2007, 10:19 AM

Hi Jezzy! From what I have read semen (not to be confused with sperm) is thickest right after ejaculation, then it thins out. So after 20 minutus or so if you stood up, it would be runnier. What doesn't run out actually absorbs into your vaginal walls (although some can travel through the cervix).
I also think that it could be more dense/concentrated thelonger it has been since previously ejaculating.
Sounds normal to me, probably nothing to worry about.

Anyone else??
#3 of 13 Old 01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
elf

Hi there-
if you are worried about thick semen your man can always take mucinex. our RE suggested for my DH. works the same for men as it does on us!
E
#4 of 13 Old 01-25-2007, 05:24 PM

Or Equate brand Robitussin. (Guaf) it is much cheaper than mucinex and is the same stuff. I take 4 tsp which is the same dose as one mucinex HTH

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#5 of 13 Old 01-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Dea

I found that Wallgreens has a drugstore brand os mucenix, so you don't taste it. I find the generic Robitussien to taste horrible.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#6 of 13 Old 01-26-2007, 06:34 PM

I can't stand the taste of Robitussin, so I take Mucinex, which is the same stuff, but pills, so no taste.
#7 of 13 Old 01-26-2007, 06:39 PM

Is it that the clumpiness would be less likely to achaive pregnancy? Is this reccomended to help get the sperm to where we want them? Trying to understand.
#8 of 13 Old 01-27-2007, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Erica, I was just worried when it was that thick that the sperm wouldn't be going anywhere! I tried it like Montanamarvel said and waited a while, it wasn't thick or clumpy at all!

Thanks for all your tips, unfortunatly being that I live in germany I can't always find the stuff that you take like Robitussin or Mucinex. I did find some vick cough syrup. It has that guaiffesen in it with that being the only ingredient that helps. Maybe that will help

Thanks you guys for your ideas!
#9 of 13 Old 01-29-2007, 10:57 AM

Thanks!
#10 of 13 Old 01-29-2007, 01:06 PM

Jezzy, it is also recommended (in this book) that taking vitamin C - 1 gram/day - can help reduce sperm agglutination - that is, uh, clumpiness.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#11 of 13 Old 01-29-2007, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Now I only need to get dh to take something. He doesn't even take asprin! Germans are not like us Americans when it comes to taking pills!

I think that Montanamarvel was right though. Last time I stayed in bed for a while and it wasn't thick and clumpy at all. I was relieved!

You guys ever notice that when it comes to O time that there isn't much that comes out but when you not around O that lots comes out? I am starting to notice this. I wonder if it is because there cervix is open?
#12 of 13 Old 01-29-2007, 01:28 PM

I hear ya. I've been trying to get my DH to take the Vit C for a few months now. He took it for a few days and stopped, claiming it caused canker sores. I've been taking it for several months - no canker sores here. The thing is - he is the one who doesn't mind pills - he takes aspirin all the time, while I hardly ever do - but when it comes to vitamins, he doesn't want to be bothered.

Quote:
You guys ever notice that when it comes to O time that there isn't much that comes out but when you not around O that lots comes out? I am starting to notice this.
Hmm, I've kind of noticed this. But I thought it was because around O I will try to lay down for a while afterward.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#13 of 13 Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
but when it comes to vitamins, he doesn't want to be bothered.

Men! I just think of all the stuff I take for this, and I don't think that he would even take a vit. C. : Oh well, he promised that if this weren't our cycle (5th cycle) that we would start looking into things. We'll see!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page