The ONE THREAD: January 28-February 3 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 137 Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
jillybeans: I'm confused. Not trying but in a TTC thread? Makes no sense to me!

I think I've been almost angry about this whole TTC thing. I think I was very naive going into it thinking that I'd be the one person with endo who got pregnant right away. I can not even begin to imagine what it feels like for those who have been trying a year or more. My heart goes out to them. (And then I feel bad about venting. )

I'm trying to change the way I've been thinking. Maybe TTC is taking longer for a reason. If/when we conceive, I know that I will never, ever take the whole TTC process or my child for granted. Maybe if we had conceived right away, I wouldn't have thought that. Or maybe it'll be put in our hearts to go a different direction.

Note-religious references below:

DH's cousin sat down and talked with me over the holidays. I feel like she's the one person who can really understand, as she struggled with infertility. She said, "Nicole, you have got to let go of your timelines." I know I have got to give up control. God is in control, not me. From now on, we will still TTC, but we are doing it on His timeline, not ours. We're simply praying for direction and I'm confident it will be shown.
this is what i've been trying to do, both with God and my inner being. It's horribly hard, but not impossible. I have to spend some quiet time every single day reminding myself that if I believe, it will happen.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 137 Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 PM

hey hey! Top of the page for me! (at least how i have my posts set... )

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#123 of 137 Old 02-02-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
jillybeans: I'm confused. Not trying but in a TTC thread? Makes no sense to me!
Well, I was like that. I was on the One Thread TTC. Was successful, then miscarried, then was back on the WTF is going on with my body section of the One Thread, then DH drops it on me that he wanted us to wait a couple of months before TTC again. But, I stuck around, because this thread was such a great source of support, AND I figured we would be TTC again soon.

Trying to respect his wishes I charted to avoid, and gave him all the information in the world. Specifically, "I haven't ovulated yet honey and I'm starting to wonder WTF is going on."

Now, the fact that he understood that to mean that we could gio with reckless abandon is his own fault, and resulted in the bean I've got cookin' right now.

In our case, maybe you can just call it the universe setting things right. My DH was able to tell his dad that we are expecting baby #2 just before his dad succumbed to brain cancer on Dec. 20 past (Got my BFP Dec. 15). Just because we don't always understand the larger picture doesn't mean there isn't one.

I root for all of you girls everyday. I still lurk here and check in to see who's reporting the next BFP. I quote the following not for religious significance but for the words of wisdom:

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Whatever will be, will be. So try not to beat up on yourselves, or get angry at others for not having the same difficulty. Sometimes there are choices we can make, and sometimes they are just made for us. BTW, all of this was said in the gentlest tone and really meant as supportive, not critical.

#124 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 12:43 AM

That was so sweet, Judi! I will be the first to admit that I've been holding grudges lately-particularly against DH's cousin who had an "surprise". I really need to do some deep, spiritual/emotional cleansing regarding TTC.

Now that you've posted, you must give us an update! (Where did the TTC graduates thread go, anyways?) I always wonder how all the "graduates" are doing. I hope they don't feel like they can't come back and update because I really enjoy reading updates of how things are going.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#125 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 10:11 AM

I am looking forward to hearing about POAS today. GL to those testers! Let's get the February list cranking. I am, of course, hoping to be on it myself (along with every other poster on this thread!). Here is to us!

On that note Fishie, please move me to waiting to know. I was unsure if I actually O'd or not, but it looks pretty sure now. I hope we did, BDing after our crosshairs didn't quite happen. DH and I were both feeling a little too loved.:

Happy weekend ladies!
#126 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 01:40 PM

Where are the POASaturday participants? I have to fun errands and won't be back until this afternoon!

#127 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 01:43 PM

Do I count? I bought quite a few pg tests, so I've just been peeing on them everyday. So far they've all been positive. I know it's cheating, but it's exciting every day!

Candy, Mom to Matthew (5/02) and Ethan (10/07)

Trying for #3 starting 5/13

#128 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 01:48 PM

: looking for the POAS Saturday crowd too. I still live vicariously through the POASers ... I love the thrill of a BFP!!

Nicole! Thanks for asking I'm 12w4d. Saw the babe on u/s last week, strong heartbeat, moving around and all good! The morning sickness is the pits, as well as the fatigue and other gastrointestinal symptoms. I did not have any of this with DD, so I was completely unprepared for it!! If it means a healthy baby, then I'll soldier on But, please, oh, please let it be over with the end of the 1st trimester!!!

Fishie? Stacy? Are you POAS today or what? Fingers crossed for you both
#129 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 01:49 PM

Well BFN for me this morning but theres still 4 days till AF is due so Im not to bumbed. Come on ladies I wasnt the only one that peed this morning....... so wheres all the BFPs!!!!
#130 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 02:03 PM

Sorry ladies.... we all have to wait another hour before hearing my results. I have no pregnancy tests left and the Dollar Tree doesn't open until another hour from now.

However... I did get a temp rise this morning. So that's good so far. But... I have been feeling blah today.

I thought I would let you ladies know what's going on at my end.

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)
#131 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

BFN for me as well, and spotting too! : Looks like AF is coming once again. Still no cramps, but at 11DPO, my BFN is pretty accurate. I think I'll wait til she's officially here, but I'm going to remove myself from the list...we're going to go AT LEAST 2 months without TTC. It's just better for me emotionally not to think about it...I know it's only been a few months, but it's very hard on me.

Changes Made to here
#132 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
Whatever will be, will be.
Thank you for saying that!!!!

Today I woke up and got very pissed to see still no temp rise (cd 36 here)......and I have been feeling very angry since then.....and I came to MDC and read your post and have been feeling much better! Even though I have decided to take it really slow....no matter how long it takes....sometimes, it still gets terribly frustrating. We've been trying since last May....and I feel like my patience is being tested greatly! I hope I can just pass the test!!!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#133 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 04:36 PM

15DPO and a BFN...

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)
#134 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
BFN for me as well, and spotting too! : Looks like AF is coming once again. Still no cramps, but at 11DPO, my BFN is pretty accurate. I think I'll wait til she's officially here, but I'm going to remove myself from the list...we're going to go AT LEAST 2 months without TTC. It's just better for me emotionally not to think about it...I know it's only been a few months, but it's very hard on me.
Oh Fishie... I know it's hard. DH and I have been working on this for months and still nothing. Every month I get my hopes up only for AF to show and me feel like it's never going to happen, but it will happen. Maybe you'll get some baby dust from Twilight Girl and have an "oops" conception when you aren't planning it. That's the best kind of oops I can think of. Keep your chin up. Your BFP is coming....

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#135 of 137 Old 02-03-2007, 06:53 PM

My update:

I'm still waiting to O, but I've brought out the big guns now...That's right, I went to the drug store and bought...OPKs!!!! I just reconnected with a good friend of mine who is expecting her second little bean and she told me that OPKs are awesome and I should use them because it only took she and her DH a couple of months to conceive. I also know that DH and I haven't been timing our BDing right, so I'm looking forward to using the OPKs. This will be the first time I've peed on something and get two lines! Hey, it's better than nothing right now and I'll basically take what I can get. I hope that everyone is having a great weekend. Hugs to the ladies who are hosting AF or have received a BFN.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#136 of 137 Old 02-04-2007, 02:33 AM

I have been having really bad computer problems the past week or two and feel so bad I haven't kept up with the thread. I still plan on taking my week on Feb 11-18 though. I think we will be buying a new comp next Friday when dh gets paid.

I am on CD24 and I had a temp drop yesterday and today and am spotting a really pinkish color. So : It is so wierd because I hadn't thought too much about it this month. I was gone for almost a week to see my mom, and Cy has been fighting bed.
To top it all off, I had a nasty sinus issue. That is finally starting to wind down. I know I shouldn't be showing any symptoms but, I swear every scent has made me cringe the past week. I have been chalking it up to sinus infection stuff though. So, this would be a great suprise for a not trying to hard kind of month.
#137 of 137 Old 02-04-2007, 03:20 AM

New thread is up and running-see you there!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page