TTC 6+ Months February Support Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning everyone!

Just checking in to say hello.

Ity, good to see you knew what was going on!!! Glad you have time to GIO before O!

Jen, that is really great your body is going on its own!

Jilly, that is so cool. I want one!

Hi everyone elso, I just have to get some work done today.

I am just happily going along. Not thinking much about 2WW right now, luckily. Just've got so much to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama View Post
Hey Ocean - Thought I'd say hi. That tiptoe icon made me laugh! I didn't know you were considering a lap. I am feeling like it might not be a terrible idea now (mostly based on Tami's comments plus hearing from my Dad that my Mom's endo was a lot worse than I remembered).
Yes, I was like, no way am I going to have any sort or surgery, but after talking to many women who have had them it is a consideration. Most women feel afterward that it wasn't too bad, and that it was worth doing. I asked my Dr if it would be covered with insurance and he said if I have painful periods and other symptoms it would be covered under endo (these things are in my chart). So I told him I would take three rounds of clomid, give my body a rest, and see where I am at when summer rolls around. I can go and tell him my periods are painful if I want and he will go for a lap. I do have painful periods, but I haven't ever considered going to the dr for them, I guess it is just dependant of how painful they are and how much it affects you. So it sounds like a judgement call on my end. I am really torn about what to do, hence the plan of waiting a bit.
I would love to hear more about your lap thoughts as your own process continues. And I really really hope we get to go to the November DDC together

Your silver lining list is wonderful BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Hi girls, just wanted to say I'm thinking of you all. GL
I am thinking of you Teneal, and wishing for peace and good health for you and yours.

Lily you are well into the 2WW. Keeping busy is good to keep your mind off it. I am right behind you cycle buddy !

I don't remember who had mentioned a fertility bead club sort of thing, where we each send the other a special bead to use.... but I would be into it. It was one of those important things I missed in last weeks many pages, I just couldn't keep up.

FF gave me my crosshairs today right where I expected them. I still think I O'd at like 1am of the cd18 but you have got to divide the days somewhere right ?

I have been really keeping up on the positive thoughts and LOA stuff. I am testing on the 19th and I expect to see two lines. I picked out that date before I even O'd, wrote it on my calendar and on my FF chart. Everyday I write something positive in the FF notes section, and when I mouse-over my chart I get all these great positive bits popping up. It's great, I highly recommend it
#303 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

I think it was tara that suggested the bead swap thing
yay for crosshairs ocean!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#304 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm really behind on the thread since I was away for the weekend.

I started spotting this morning - 12 DPO. So looks like this isn't my month either. :

I'm not sure what to do now. The health insurance carried through my hubby's company has pretty lousy coverage in general and also on infertility. The lifetime max is listed as $3,500. That'll cover...um...almost nothing. And I don't even know where we're supposed to be going from here. We have no clue why I'm not pregnant so it seems like you can't speculate on what might work if you don't know why things aren't working.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#305 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

allison... insurance sucks doesnt it!

#306 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Ity, good to see you knew what was going on!!! Glad you have time to GIO before O!
I'm just hoping ymy intuition is right, cause my (internet cheapies) OPK's are all test-line only so far... I might pick up a few from a different brand today and run a few side-by-side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
FF gave me my crosshairs today right where I expected them. I still think I O'd at like 1am of the cd18 but you have got to divide the days somewhere right ?

I have been really keeping up on the positive thoughts and LOA stuff. I am testing on the 19th and I expect to see two lines. I picked out that date before I even O'd, wrote it on my calendar and on my FF chart. Everyday I write something positive in the FF notes section, and when I mouse-over my chart I get all these great positive bits popping up. It's great, I highly recommend it
What a great idea! I just use it to keep track is my opks- so I see the -, but I write, Very faint line, almost +, no second line, medium dark 2nd line, etc. I also note things like "fighting a cold" or "vacation" etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post
I'm really behind on the thread since I was away for the weekend.

I started spotting this morning - 12 DPO. So looks like this isn't my month either. :

I'm not sure what to do now. The health insurance carried through my hubby's company has pretty lousy coverage in general and also on infertility. The lifetime max is listed as $3,500. That'll cover...um...almost nothing. And I don't even know where we're supposed to be going from here. We have no clue why I'm not pregnant so it seems like you can't speculate on what might work if you don't know why things aren't working.
Allisonrose - it sucks to not know whats wrong, and it sucks that your insurance doesn't cover much. But at least it covers something, right? And its IVF itself that is the big bucks, so if you only need Clomid or something, maybe thats all it'll take, and you'll get your babies? : :
#307 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 PM

for Allison. And sorry about the insurance frustration. :

No news here. Went in for cd 3 blood tests and got an appointment for next Monday to meet with the RE to make a plan. Yeah! It will feel good to try something (lap or clomid) after what feels like waiting, waiting, waiting...
#308 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
for Allison. And sorry about the insurance frustration. :

No news here. Went in for cd 3 blood tests and got an appointment for next Monday to meet with the RE to make a plan. Yeah! It will feel good to try something (lap or clomid) after what feels like waiting, waiting, waiting...
it seems like all we do around here is wait

#309 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
it seems like all we do around here is wait
Well said!
#310 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 08:45 PM

Boy- it's been slow in here today.... I hope everybody is well!
#311 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 08:51 PM

Elk I wanted to ask you, what do you know about the day 3 blood work because I had to go for the same thing. What I'm worried about now (like I needed another reason to worry) is that the bloodwork my dr requested for me is all on the wrong days. I was supposed to get the progesterone and prolactin after I ovulated which I never did and started spotting and bleeding again (Friday) and then the day 3 one which ended up being on day 4/5 (today) depending on what you count as af. The first couple of days that I noted flow it wasn't red but it was way more than spotting so I don't know if that will be accurate either. Seriously can I just catch a break? I can't even get blood tests right!

Anyway do you know (or does anyone know) if it matters if it's a day or a day and a half later than day 3?

everyone, it's been really quiet and I've been a bit quiet irl myself, I have a lot to sort out in my head between this and some heavy stuff at home : but right now there are some chocolate chip cookies in my kitchen calling me : .
#312 of 728 Old 02-12-2007, 09:39 PM

I'm sorry everyone has been so down lately. Ttc is so draining....

I've taken arwyn's quote to heart, and repeat it every day.
"when the world gives up hope, hope whispers 'try one more time'"

That, and this one:

I am whole, I am well, I am empowered.

Those two have helped me so much this month.
I see spring as a time of beauty and rebirth, and even if things don't end up like I'd like in the next few months, I'm really going to try and reinvent myself. I need to be more positive, for my daughter and my husband.

A big huge hug to everyone here for the love and support I've found!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#313 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 AM

Well we sure are a quiet bunch lately, I'm hoping it's cause you all are too busy GIO to post.

We've been lazy about gio this month, I think knowing that we are gonna IUI takes the pressure off LOT, cause the few times we have, it's been purely for the fun of it, and not as much a TTC way. It's nice to not have to put my knees up, butt on a pillow, flat on my back after for a change.
#314 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 02:30 AM

Oh - a question for anyone here who has tried IUI before - should I buy a box of Instead cups? For after? To make sure the swimmers don't escape?
#315 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 09:21 AM

Good morning

Jilly your chart looks really good so far, how are you feeling?

Ity I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for your IUI, I know less than nothing about it so I'm interested in hearing what it was like (and that it was successful!)

lily I hope you're hanging in there and not stressing in over the 2ww :

allisonrose I'm sorry. I've been looking at your chart, you don't have too many months shown but I think I remember what they looked like before, have you noticed a difference in them since you started acupuncture?

ocean I love the idea of using the notes section for positive thoughts, I've started doing the same on mine - thanks for the idea!

Tara, Christy and Elk we're all cycle buddies, we all started CD1 around the same time, hopefully this month I'll O

Crystal any signs of O for you yet?

Stephanie (your chart is looking : hope you're not stressing too much, Tenk, thinking of you and to everyone I missed

I hope everyone is well, it's been very quiet around here for the last few days and I imagine we're all feeling a bit stressed and weary about all of this - I know I am. It's been a long time since we had a good wave of bfp's and I really think we're way overdue. and and
#316 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

sarah.. no signs yet .. but I'm trying to be patient.. youre right.. it has be quiet... I almost cant stand it

barb... I dont know anything about IUI.. but I do think that you should do it (cause we all want a grad around here )

all those women who had an HSG... whats it like when the dye comes out .. just wondering

I'm just kinda hanging around... blah.. but.. it gives me a reasons not to obsess over anything yet.. it feels good not to always be thinking about af... really good.

HI to everyone else! I'm sending good vibes to all of you!

#317 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 AM

Crystal - How was your AF this time? I think mine ended yesterday on cd5. The first day was rough but otherwise pretty ok.

Ocean - I love that idea of writing positive thoughts and affirmations on your ff page.

Here is mine for the day...
"I believe in myself. I see the progress I have made and trust that all is unfolding exactly as it should!"

Statistically we have got to get a BFP soon. Really several BFP's.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#318 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Statistically we have got to get a BFP soon. Really several BFP's.
:
#319 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

af was normal... which I certainly dont mind! I wasnt expecting it to be normal.. more heavy with cramps.. but no cramps.. and few heavy days.. which was nice.

I need to come up with some affirmations for myself (I should get right on it eh?)

#320 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Elk I wanted to ask you, what do you know about the day 3 blood work because I had to go for the same thing. What I'm worried about now (like I needed another reason to worry) is that the bloodwork my dr requested for me is all on the wrong days. I was supposed to get the progesterone and prolactin after I ovulated which I never did and started spotting and bleeding again (Friday) and then the day 3 one which ended up being on day 4/5 (today) depending on what you count as af. The first couple of days that I noted flow it wasn't red but it was way more than spotting so I don't know if that will be accurate either. Seriously can I just catch a break? I can't even get blood tests right!

Anyway do you know (or does anyone know) if it matters if it's a day or a day and a half later than day 3?
SarahJen - I don't know that much (more on that later) but the nurse told me that cd 2 - 4 would be fine for the "cd 3 test." She also said that we wouldn't count the few days of spotting (brown, but not much) as af for me because I almost always have it. So I did it on cd 3 of red flow.

And cycle buddies (SJ, Tara, Christy, and me) - let's start a mass migration, OK?

Ity - fingers crossed for the IUI!!! And glad you're able to gio with less pressure this month. Sounds great!

Steph & Tenk - Thinking of you! (And of everyone else, of course, but I didn't want these 2 to feel forgotten!)

Quote:
all those women who had an HSG... whats it like when the dye comes out .. just wondering
Goop-y. But for me, nothing a big pad couldn't handle. The whole thing, including afterwards, was less of a hassle than I'd feared.

OK - news from the cd 3 test. My FSH levels are "borderline high" at 10. We haven't met with the RE yet and I haven't had time to read online yet, but TCOYF says that high FSH means menopause or decreased fertility has begun. I am trying not to panic (especially because menopause would be a much higher number), but I did have a good cry last night. This is the first "problem" we've identified with all the tests so far and it makes me feel like there is a real biological problem, not just bad luck that will eventually work itself out. I also feel old, and I'm only 36...
#321 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

though I whole heartedly agree that we need more bfps... but I wanted to direct you to the front page because there were a ton of grads that we didnt know about (again I agree.. we need more )

#322 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
OK - news from the cd 3 test. My FSH levels are "borderline high" at 10. We haven't met with the RE yet and I haven't had time to read online yet, but TCOYF says that high FSH means menopause or decreased fertility has begun. I am trying not to panic (especially because menopause would be a much higher number), but I did have a good cry last night. This is the first "problem" we've identified with all the tests so far and it makes me feel like there is a real biological problem, not just bad luck that will eventually work itself out. I also feel old, and I'm only 36...
Elk you might find this link interesting for the values, it says 10 is fair, not in a panic code red kind of range. link and ps we're about the same age I'm very nervous about getting my results next week.
#323 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

And cycle buddies (SJ, Tara, Christy, and me) - let's start a mass migration, OK?
ok.. see how you are.. just cause I'm a couple days ahead.. I dont count...

#324 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Crystal I'm sorry, I forgot you too! cycle buddy!
#325 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

heck I was only kidding

#326 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Elk you might find this link interesting for the values, it says 10 is fair, not in a panic code red kind of range. link and ps we're about the same age I'm very nervous about getting my results next week.
Thanks, SJ, for the link and reassurance. I started reading too and see that it really is borderline. But I also see that the articles talk about FSH reducing chances with IVF... And I'm not even sure we're willing to do IVF. We haven't talked it over but I do know that it has crossed my mind that it may be time to either accept our family size as it is or to consider adoption. BUT I will try to wait for next week's consult before stressing out too much more. Yeah right.

Hope your tests look terrific.

Quote:
Oops - Just missed you, Crystal.
#327 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 01:45 PM

So I am just figuring out, AM I THE OLDEST ONE HERE!??

That is all I am going to say about that. UGH.

I am not stressing out, except for last night, I had some sharp jabs all around the lower area and that made me nervous something bad was happening. I am wondering if anyone else gets those sharp pains around this time or is it only me. I am sure I ask that same question every month. Yesterday I felt nausea, and that made it harder to not think about all this. But I am to a point where I don't think anything is a symptom of pregnancy anymore, but it just made me think about it.

Elk, I am sorry about the test results making you feel old, but I am sure everything in this process is going to make you feel old, or at least that is what I have heard from other old ladies TTC. They all say the docs and everyone makes them feel old. And you're not old! So don't worry. You'll be fine! You are only as old as you think you are right?

Ocean, I put popup notes on my chart the second I read that. Totally neat idea! I go over them all the time!

Angel, so excited about your AF ending and your new exciting chart!!! I am stalking it daily.

ItyBty, I hope the IUI works for you, and the stressLESS BDing! That may actually be what does the trick! Personally, I would use an INstead cup for the IUI just to maximize the attempt. I would leave it in until bedtime, because if you take it out too early, it kind of seems like it defeats the purpose.

Taradactyl, I love your statement. I may borrow it for my next day on my chart!
#328 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 01:48 PM

Tenk WOOOHAAAAAAA !
#329 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 01:52 PM

lily are you using real temps or corrected temps because :
I'm also curious why you had to put your crosshairs in, didn't ff give you any?
#330 of 728 Old 02-13-2007, 01:57 PM

There I fixed the crosshairs. You guys are smart. I had just lowered the coverline a bit because my pre-O temps were so high, but I just corrected that so this is what FF thinks.

Yes, I am using my real temps.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page