TTC 6+ Months February Support Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 728 Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jilly - What do you sell at hc? CD or longies?? I'm so addicted to CD.
#422 of 728 Old 02-15-2007, 07:35 PM

ya, that's where it all started bug...my obsession. I make recycled stuff.

I can't spam my stuff, per the ua, but here is a link to hyenacart:
http://hyenacart.com/

I'm in a congo....

Anyways....so is anyone else testing tomorrow?

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#423 of 728 Old 02-15-2007, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

no test for me

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#424 of 728 Old 02-15-2007, 08:07 PM

Jill I'd join you if I had something to test for Good luck, I'll have my fingers crossed for you

Elk I'm sorry you feel like you need to stay away, as much as I can related I'll miss you. I'll be thinking about you next week

lily those smilies made me, well, SMILE! Thank you, I needed that today. I'll miss stalking your temps!

Ity I'm so hopeful for you this month, I'm sending you tonnes of positive energy and good thoughts!

Crystal any O signs yet?

Cycle buddies
are you hanging in there? Lying low? Freaking out like me? Actually I'm not, I just have no high hopes for this month since I don't know why I would expect anything different at this point.
<-my ovaries. I hope that my dr has some kind of plan when I go on Tuesday, I'm hanging all my hopes on that for now.

Q - for anyone, after you had a m/c did your af change? I never, and I mean NEVER used to spot and now it's like a constant thing. AF used to be like an on/off switch, would you attribute this three days pre and post af spotting to the m/c or to low progesterone or to something else?
#425 of 728 Old 02-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug2003 View Post
Warning: This may be a little TMI for some. I had a great night last night with dh! We played a board game I found on amazon.com called Strip Chocolate. Lots of fun and yummy chocolate body frosting.

Valerie -- Yeppers, I'm LDS as well. I figured you were when you said you had a blessing, but wanted to make sure. Missionaries always pretend to like food even if they don't, just trying to be polite.
Yeah- I converted four years ago... when I used to say that I didn't want kids : So now, when people ask when I'm going to multiply, I say something moderately rude about "when I stop m/cing, or when you agree to pay for them... whichever comes first!" They don't ask much anymore

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#426 of 728 Old 02-15-2007, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

sarah... no signs yet... I'm still very wary of the due date thing... but dh agrees with everyone else that I shouldnt worry about it... so I'll try to not worry

no I'm not freaking out yet

#427 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM

Hey Jill- I was stalking your charts and I was wondering if you usually O late like cd 20. I also notice both times you got PG including the chemical you O'd earlier. I am feeling hopeful for you this cycle since you O'd earlier. I hope the progeserone works for you. I am on it too since I had a LPD when trying to conceive DS and didn't want to take a chance this time. Hope you are hanging in there, don't test too early you don't want to be disappointed.

I an 5dpo and just waiting. I think the earliest I will test is next friday which would be 12dpo. I tested everyday since 10dpo last cycle and it was harder on me I think. I may even wait to see if AF shows on sunday and if not I will test on monday, I haven't decided. I hate the 2ww...

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#428 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

morning everyone!!

so we found out that even if we do have enough $$ to buy a car.. we wont have enough to keep a car (gas/ins etc)... you'd think after all this time things would work out so we could... *sigh*.. I hate not having a car.

cd 11 for me... some cramps yesterday.. I found that odd.. but maybe its O?? I dont know.. I new to really concentrating on what my body is doing... slight rise this morning too.... who knows... we'll have to wait and see

#429 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 12:12 PM

I am going to have to move the thermometer upstairs if I don't want to temp!

Good morning! Here is what I wish I knew: If pregnancy charts are much different than your usual charts or do they look the same as usual until that last couple days when the temp is supposed to go down and doesn't. Does anybody know?
#430 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Sorry, had more to say.

Ity, temp looks good. I hope you get a chance to BD once more today too if you can!!! That way you'll never know if it was the IUI or the BD which seems good on your and DHs psyche!

Tenk, I love the temp jump!!!!!

JenJames, I think I feel totally comfortable waiting to test this time around too. I just don't feel like going through it. I am waiting until next week, probably the 22nd.

Angel, wish you could get a car. I know how that is. I spent a year walking an hour to and an hour back to my first job. Now that is one responsible young lady isn't it? I sure hope your finances get better so you can. Especially with kids, it is very hard. I can't wait to see your chart changes this month. Are you going to OPK at all?

Sarah, hello!!!! I sure hope what is happening is for REAL for you this time. Just think O - O - O. I hope you find some answers about the spotting.

Valerie, I love your answers about the multiply question. Great, because sometimes people are so nosy! Personally, I know never to ask couples that, especially if they have been together a long time. Its between them.

Okay, I better get to work.
#431 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 01:58 PM

jen: That would be the clomid.

Ok, so i thought af was coming. I'm spotting still, pretty steadily. But my temp shot up? Huh? reminds me so much of last month, even the same two days of dips and the same day of rise! BFN this morning. Could the natural progesterone i started taking(what the hell, right?) have made it go up that much after only three doses?

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#432 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 02:07 PM

Hey everyone I wanted to pop in and say hi although I am feeling quiet today and I'll have to come back later for personals.
:

Barbara your IUI timing looks like it was spot on ! :

ETA: Jill :
#433 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Q - for anyone, after you had a m/c did your af change? I never, and I mean NEVER used to spot and now it's like a constant thing. AF used to be like an on/off switch, would you attribute this three days pre and post af spotting to the m/c or to low progesterone or to something else?
Well, so much for staying away.

SarahJen - Your question is a really interesting one! Since m/c I have almost always spotted 3-4 days before af. The only 2 months that didn't happen were the 2 cycles right after the HSG. I don't know what it means, but I am going to ask RE next week...

to everyone!
#434 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 02:54 PM

I just talked to my friend here who got preg last month after 2+ years trying. I am happy for her but for some reason hearing her talk about her morning sickness made me sort of sad. I really honestly am happy for her and her MIL just died so I'm trying to be there for her in a rough time but part of me is so ... I don't know...maybe jealous and sad and ... just weird.

Maybe you guys understand what I can't seem to put into words.

CD9 here. I start with OPK's tomorrow. Typical O is usually day 12-14 for me.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#435 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 03:01 PM

Tara. I think mixed feelings are completely understandable and natural! Of course you're happy for her, but of course you long for pg too...

My sil shared with dh yesterday that they are pg. We are honestly very excited for them (and for us, for a new nephew or niece). But it is also hard bc it was their 2nd month trying and their dc will be 3 years apart -- what we had hoped for but now we're to at least 4.5 years apart... I will need to call her tonight to congratulate them and I just *hope* that my enthusiasm comes through in my voice and my sadness doesn't.

And at the same time, I know that we are lucky to have 1 dc and my heart goes out to those of you trying so hard for #1.
#436 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 03:23 PM

i think that's completely natural.

#437 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama View Post
Tara. I think mixed feelings are completely understandable and natural! Of course you're happy for her, but of course you long for pg too...

My sil shared with dh yesterday that they are pg. We are honestly very excited for them (and for us, for a new nephew or niece). But it is also hard bc it was their 2nd month trying and their dc will be 3 years apart -- what we had hoped for but now we're to at least 4.5 years apart... I will need to call her tonight to congratulate them and I just *hope* that my enthusiasm comes through in my voice and my sadness doesn't.

And at the same time, I know that we are lucky to have 1 dc and my heart goes out to those of you trying so hard for #1.
You hit the nail on the head ELK. I feel the same way. I'm trying to just focus on the + of the situation (I have one healthy child, I am able to help her when she is in need, I am a good friend and proud of that, etc etc)

Thanks for commiserating,
T

#438 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 03:30 PM

Tara I feel the same way about my sil being pregnant. I'm happy for her and my brother but I feel very cheated by it too, it's still hard for me to hear about it and hard to hear my mother so excited for them. None of my siblings have kids yet, mine would have been the first and now theirs will be instead, it hurts. A LOT.

Jilly, how are you feeling about your temps going back up today? I'm optimistic for you .

Elk we have similar cycles with bloodwork and appointments, mine is on the 20th (I think yours is the day before).

Lily my charts looked pretty much the same, maybe a little steadier but overall not much different than my non-pregnant ones. Hope you're hanging in there!
#439 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 03:32 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on if implantation occurs later if my luteal phase is longer? Like, I usually have a 15 day luteal phase. So would my HPT test be positive much later too, or the same as everyone else? I know that is impossible to answer really, but if anyone has any thoughts on it...
#440 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 03:41 PM

Jilly I'm a dork I missed your comment about the progesterone. I hope that it isn't what made it go up. If the dip was implantation then it might be too early for a hpt. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you.
#441 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on if implantation occurs later if my luteal phase is longer? Like, I usually have a 15 day luteal phase. So would my HPT test be positive much later too, or the same as everyone else? I know that is impossible to answer really, but if anyone has any thoughts on it...
Good question. I think it's completely possible. My LP has always been between 14-17 days so I always thought implantation would be a bit past 10dpo myself. I have no facts to back this up just logiacl thinking. Say you have a 30 day cycle and ovulate on cd 11. It would make sense that the implantation would be past cd 21 in my head.

Really though, who knows? Right now I'm really wishing I had paid more attention when ttc DS.

Good news - I just made 4 cloth mama pads. I've been wanting to do this for a while. I'll hopefully only be using them postpartum though! :

#442 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 05:54 PM

Lilyflower, I think implantation occurs 7-10 either way. It needs to implant to let your body know to keep producing progesterone so you don't bleed and lose it.

Jill- You are so lucky the clomid did that for you. All the times I have been on it, I o'd the same or later. I think the progesterone could have caused your temp jump this morning but you never know.

I bought James the cutest shirt at Janie and Jack this morning, it says I Love Mommy on a banner being pulled by a plane. So cute. I know this is totally not TTC talk but it was on sale and who can resist that.

Have you guys thought about how you would tell your DH or family if you got PG? I bought James a "I'm am the big brother" shirt last summer and figured I would just show up to sunday dinner and see how long it take s them to figure it out. It is a 3T, i hope I get to use it soon since he is already moving into 3T shirts. What do you guys have planned?

TGIF!!!

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#443 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen&james View Post
Have you guys thought about how you would tell your DH or family if you got PG? I bought James a "I'm am the big brother" shirt last summer and figured I would just show up to sunday dinner and see how long it take s them to figure it out. It is a 3T, i hope I get to use it soon since he is already moving into 3T shirts. What do you guys have planned?
I made a shirt that says "MILF..."

I'm thinking my family will get it

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#444 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 07:07 PM

It seems I have lost my cool.

: I can't tell you how frustrated I am at the idea of typing the same thing over and over again each month on this forum. I am disgusted with myself that I can't seem to figure out a way to handle my emotions in this situation. You would think after all this time I would have learned a way to cope with this. I have completely lost my cool today and feel terrible.
#445 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 07:27 PM

Lilyflower. It is rough at times. I'm thinking of you tonight.

I might be nuts. I'm thinking of doing this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3235&rd=1&rd=1

If you look, read her feedback. I feel drawn to it and I guess for the $ it is totally worth it. I emailed her to see if she does it for Americans and if she has any issue with doing it for Christians.

T

#446 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:

: I can't tell you how frustrated I am at the idea of typing the same thing over and over again each month on this forum. I am disgusted with myself that I can't seem to figure out a way to handle my emotions in this situation. You would think after all this time I would have learned a way to cope with this. I have completely lost my cool today and feel terrible.
lily it's such a coincidence that you wrote this today. Last night I was reading through some old 6+ month threads and I thought the same thing. I read all the hopes in all the posts and how sad it is that the same hopes are lost every month and that some of us are still here writing the same hopes again. It felt like a weird kind of puzzle game where some people figure out the combination and move on and some don't and have to keep repeating it over and over trying to get it right. Anyway it made me cry to think of it that way and then I had all these weird dreams about it last night. I'm a bit of a wreck myself today. Don't feel that way about yourself, BREATHE, this IS coping with it and this is what we're all here for - to support each other.

#447 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM

I'm pretty sure af will be here very very soon. : I need to have a serious talk with my doctor about what other options there are if my lp doesn't improve. IUI won't help, we don't have issues conceiving, just keeping it. I just want to scream! Why are we even trying?

#448 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 08:03 PM

Jilly have you/your doc considered an hcg trigger shot after O to give some time to implant?
#449 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 08:46 PM

no, i was hoping to talk to him today, but he's out. Bummer. So i think i'll call him on monday and ask. I don't think he'd even monitor me unless I asked. That's what I get for using an ob/gyn. But he's the closest thing to an re anywhere NEAR me, and insurance pays well for him. I like him...for now.

But yes, thanks for asking. I was going to ask about the trigger.

eta: Ok, i'm trying to find info to show dh about the triggers after O(he's a rather visual guy lol) and all i can find is stuff for the trigger before O, like it's usually used for. Can anyone give me a source for it's use after O? He's curious, and i need to give him something while he cares.

#450 of 728 Old 02-16-2007, 10:03 PM

Hi again

Quote:
Don't feel that way about yourself, BREATHE, this IS coping with it and this is what we're all here for - to support each other.

: ITA. The thought of all those hopes and dreams over and over every month is really sad. "All that sex for nothing !" that is one of my favorite simpson's quotes... Manjula says it after she and Apu have been TTC and see a BFN. I've felt that way more than once
I try not to think of it and throw myself into that LOA/positive thinking stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I might be nuts. I'm thinking of doing this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3235&rd=1&rd=1

If you look, read her feedback. I feel drawn to it and I guess for the $ it is totally worth it. I emailed her to see if she does it for Americans and if she has any issue with doing it for Christians.

T

Wow Tara I am glad you posted that link ! It is one of the most bizarre things I have seen on ebay. She will cast a fertilty spell for you for a small amount of money... the money just going to cover materials used. She must be a saint doing it out of the kindness of her heart. I know her feedback is all good but it sounds like a con to me. Her feedback has a lot of "hope it works" comments in it. Maybe she has something though, even if her spells don't do anything they could have a placebo effect. It isn't a lot of money to put up, I was more concerned with the info that is gathered and if it could be used for identity theft.
I don't want to burst any bubbles but it just feels like a scam. That being said if I felt drawn to it I wouldn't worry about the money... I have spent way more than that on the TTC stuff.
If you decide to do it I hope you let us know all about it !

Quote:
Lily Any normal person would feel insane at times in this process. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarieR View Post
I made a shirt that says "MILF..."

I'm thinking my family will get it

~Valarie~
OK I will admit I don't get it. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
Could the natural progesterone i started taking(what the hell, right?) have made it go up that much after only three doses?

Jill what kind of progesterone are you using and how much ? I use 1/4 tsp(20mg) 2x per day in the luteul phase. The brand I use is Emerita's Pro-gest. It is pretty mild I think, I haven't had it affect temps much and it definitely doesn't keep AF away.
When I hear people talk about prescription progesterone it is like 100 or 200 mgs a day usually. That is a lot more than the natural one I use could deliver. My dr has mentioned possibly supplementation with prescription progesterone and that it is something generally considered safe and mild to do to help ttc. He said he recommends the natural cream for women who have bad PMS, and that for ttc it "can't hurt might help".
So long story short I don't think your temp jump is just be the progesterone cream. I hope it's something good :

Quote:
Q - for anyone, after you had a m/c did your af change?
After I had a m/c my cycles returned to normal, 28 days. Now I realize how lucky I was that happened.

Quote:
I really think that implantation dates are on a continuum, with the majority happening around 7-10 dpo. I am sure there are times when it's been day 5, or day 12. Humans are just too variable IMHO to all implant in the same tiny time frame.
Plus you add in all the which-day-did-I-ovulate question and there is even more wiggle room for dates.
I have chart surfed on FF and have seen plenty of charts that got a - on 14 or 15 dpo and a + the next day. You just never know, and I think I read something like only 10% of pg charts are + at 10 dpo. There is always hope.

Hi to Elk and Crystal and everyone I didn't quote. I am thinking of you all today :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page