TTC 6+ Months February Support Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2007, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'm just hanging around at home today. Dh and ds#1 are at church while I get to stay home with ds#2 who's sick. I'm having some awful endo pain today, but hanging in there. I just hope this cycle is it.

Valerie -- good luck with the soy. If I'm not pg this cycle and I don't have surgery next cycle, then I'm going to try licorice root taken like clomid. It's supposed to have the same effect and help with the LP as well. I still have a bit to wait on that, though. I started taking B6 a couple days ago to see if that'll help to lengthen my LP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug2003 View Post
Valerie -- good luck with the soy. If I'm not pg this cycle and I don't have surgery next cycle, then I'm going to try licorice root taken like clomid. It's supposed to have the same effect and help with the LP as well. I still have a bit to wait on that, though. I started taking B6 a couple days ago to see if that'll help to lengthen my LP.
I just got some B6 today- can I take it along with everything else? How much do you take?

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 PM

Lots of s mamas. I've been barely online the last few days, but you've been on my mind!

I'm going to go post in the graduates thread if anyone is interested.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:03 PM

Just wondering...Ocean?...are you testing tomorrow as you told us before? I just hope you wake up early so I can see your chart!: : : : : : : : :
Old 02-18-2007, 10:14 PM

lily I was wondering the same about you, are you testing early or are you going to wait a few days?

Ity looking good!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

for everyone who missed it.. tricia is having a boy and girl!!!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 02-18-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
lily I was wondering the same about you, are you testing early or are you going to wait a few days?
Gonna wait a few days.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:11 PM

Lily - wanna wait until March 1st to POAS with me?

The OB told me to wait 3 weeks to POAS, but since my average LP is 12-13 days, I'm only waiting 14.

Angel - I saw Hopesmom's post! I was giddy for her to have twins, but a boy and a girl? How cool!

I havent been around much this weekend, just reading, not posting. DH and I started to rip out our ugly kitchen yesterday - today we bought 2 cabinets to suppliment the ones we bought on Craigslist on Saturday. We also spent a coupel of hours ripping up nasty old linoleum, under which we found... drumroll please..... hardwood flooring!! So we spend a couple hours today scraping glue off the fir (we think) flooring, and it's a royal pain in the butt. I just keep telling myself - it'll be gorgeous when its done...
Old 02-18-2007, 11:31 PM

hi everyone. No real time online, but wanted to say af showed today. I picked up the next round of clomid. :

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 02-18-2007, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

sorry for af jill

does anyone feel like crap lately? I'm starting my downhill plunge again :

Old 02-19-2007, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi all... cd1 for me. If I hadn't m/c'd I'd know what gender baby I was having now. : Instead, I have no baby, no pregnancy, and am surrounded by people who get pg accidentally.

Friday I had x-rays done on my arm (after a bfn pee test at the dr), but I haven't heard the results yet. Kinda weird to not call the patient with the results just because you close at 5 pm for the weekend. What if it is broken? Whatever. I hate that dr's office.

Well I'm in a great mood, eh? I need some cheery news - bring on some bfps!

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
Old 02-19-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punquin View Post
Hi all... cd1 for me. If I hadn't m/c'd I'd know what gender baby I was having now. : Instead, I have no baby, no pregnancy, and am surrounded by people who get pg accidentally.

Friday I had x-rays done on my arm (after a bfn pee test at the dr), but I haven't heard the results yet. Kinda weird to not call the patient with the results just because you close at 5 pm for the weekend. What if it is broken? Whatever. I hate that dr's office.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Have you seen the ttc after loss thread? It's been my lifeline these past 9 months after my m/c's. It's a good place to vent and know you'll be understood!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=607576

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Hi girls...
Jilly & Stephanie I'm so sorry that AF found you. Big hugs coming your way!!!

Hello to everyone else out there in cyber space.

You all know how I am, I tested this morning since I'm so impatient and got an evap line.......WAHOOOO!!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 02-19-2007, 12:11 PM

Ocean and Lily - Those charts look really nice.

Jilly and Punquin - to both of you.

CD12 here. My OPK was seriously negative yesterday. I'm hoping it's closer to + today. My CM has been plentiful and watery. My AP (acupuncture Physician) told me I may ovulate later since last cycle was longer than usual. I hope it is this week as I have an out of town guest coming to stay with us starting Sunday. I guess if we have to we'll BD quietly after she has gone to bed or something like that.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

morning ladies... feeling kind of *blah* :

no extra kids today.. just me and the monster so it should make for an "easier" day

to anyone who needs it

Old 02-19-2007, 01:36 PM

Tara I hope that you O this week!!

Jilly and Punguin

Tenk : I do hope that this is your month with all those 11's. If I conceive this cycle it is my 11th cycle due in the the 11th month and my husbands b-day is 11th month. Got to be good for something?

Angel I sure hope that your day is great with just you and your little one!

Jen thank you for your support yesterday. I was really feeling down. It is so hard to wait to test! So what day will you be late?

Lily looking good!!:

I put my own crosshairs in FF and at this point I don't know if they are right.:

What do you think? Do you think I have ovulated yet? Anyone?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

I think youre right where you put the crosshairs katherine...

eta.. I am NOT a pro at chart reading

Old 02-19-2007, 01:46 PM

to everyone who needs it today.

Valerie -- I'm taking a prenatal, a B-complex and a B6 pill. The B vitamins are water solulable, so what you don't need, you just pee out. I'm not quite certain if you can take those along with soy or licorice root, but I'm assuming it'd be okay since it's just vitamins.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
hi everyone. No real time online, but wanted to say af showed today. I picked up the next round of clomid. :
Aww Jilly - I'm so sorry.

Quote:

to you too today. You will have a baby, and you will be a wonderful momma. I just know it. As for your Dr - maybe they didn't call because it's not broken? Cause if they didn't call, but knew damn well it was broken, I'm be livid, so I'm hoping it's not actually broken, and thats why they haven't called yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Hi girls...
You all know how I am, I tested this morning since I'm so impatient and got an evap line.......WAHOOOO!!!!
Hey - it's a line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susykat View Post
Tara I hope that you O this week!!
I put my own crosshairs in FF and at this point I don't know if they are right.:

What do you think? Do you think I have ovulated yet? Anyone?
I think it's around there somewhere... If you had EWCM, you probably ovulated, but I'm no chart expert. (And I loaned out my copy of TCOYF so I can't look it up )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug2003 View Post
to everyone who needs it today.

Valerie -- I'm taking a prenatal, a B-complex and a B6 pill. The B vitamins are water solulable, so what you don't need, you just pee out. I'm not quite certain if you can take those along with soy or licorice root, but I'm assuming it'd be okay since it's just vitamins.
I've just been taking a regular one-a-day womens and a folic suppliment, I'd planned to move up to a prenantal once I thought I could be pregnant. Should I switch to prenatals now? (4dpo?)
Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 PM

Jill and Stephanie I'm sorry

Ity I started taking prenatals in November and I've just kept on taking them, I figured why switch

lily : I hope you're hanging in there
Tenk I hope you keep us posted on your poas-a-thon for the next week

Elk I'll be looking forward to your update later, I hope you get some good news.

I'm very nervous and trying to turn it into excitement about my appointment tomrrow. I'm really going to push for doing some more tests on my thyroid as well because I think this is a major problem for me and I'm not satisfied with the answers they've given me so far. Hopefully I don't turn to mush in the dr office like I usually do.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:08 PM

Ity I take prenatals, they say its good to take them a few months preconception... it's been a year for me so I guess that is well covered.
Nice score on the hardwood flooring ! We have a kitchen makeover in our near future and I am afraid to look under the current floor... I almost don't even want to know.

Jill and Stephanie I am sorry to hear she found you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Just wondering...Ocean?...are you testing tomorrow as you told us before? I just hope you wake up early so I can see your chart!: : : : : : : : :
Yes Lily I did test and got a BFE. I am not worried about it, I picked that date weeks ago and then ovulated later than I expected, so I am just 10 dpo, not 14 or 15 like I had planned. I still hope to see two lines in a few days. : I did not enter it on my chart because it ruins the positive visualization stuff to have the neg there.

Do you have a test date picked Lily ? Despite the fact that this am's test wasn't a BFP I still like the idea of focusing on geting a + on a certain date. It has helped solidify the abstract affirmation stuff I have been thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
does anyone feel like crap lately? I'm starting my downhill plunge again :
Crystal I'll admit I shed a few tears of frustration and pain this morning, I am tired of all the trying and the unfairness of everything. But I am not giving up and trying to stay hopeful and positive.
It's so normal to feel that way (gloomy, blah), let it all out that's why we are all here together :

Gotta run, RL is calling, loudly....
Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM

Wow !
Look !
<-----------
Who DDDDC'd me ? That is so sweet, it put a tear in my eyes, thank you !

Even more of a reminder to go with the positive when I see that next to my name on every post.

: Thank you !

Sarah we posted almost at the same time, I wanted to wish you luck at the Dr's tomorrow. Get the thyroid test, and I guess you have to ask for the full thyroid panel ? Not sure, but I know there are varying degrees of thyroid testing. Blood tests are simple enough and anyone's patience would be wearing thin at this point.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:39 PM

ItyBty -- I've just been so used to taking prenatals, that I didn't even think about switching to a regular multi. I've been taking prenatals since I got pg with my first ds in 2003.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Joining in this group.

Cd 2 here of cycle #6 but 9 months!! :

More later.....

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM

Sorry some more info (don't know what I was thinking)

TTC since May 2006 for #1!!!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
Old 02-19-2007, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

.. miss you around here steph... I hear ya about all the women getting pg accidentally.. its an epidemic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
hey.. its a line right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
CD12 here. My OPK was seriously negative yesterday. I'm hoping it's closer to + today. My CM has been plentiful and watery. My AP (acupuncture Physician) told me I may ovulate later since last cycle was longer than usual. I hope it is this week as I have an out of town guest coming to stay with us starting Sunday. I guess if we have to we'll BD quietly after she has gone to bed or something like that.
lol... :.. catch that egg without your guest knowing
Quote:
Originally Posted by susykat View Post
Angel I sure hope that your day is great with just you and your little one!
thank you.. hes been such a good boy today too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
I'm very nervous and trying to turn it into excitement about my appointment tomrrow. I'm really going to push for doing some more tests on my thyroid as well because I think this is a major problem for me and I'm not satisfied with the answers they've given me so far. Hopefully I don't turn to mush in the dr office like I usually do.
Push for all the tests you can! And dont worry about turning to "mush".. you have a valid reason to want this so bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
Crystal I'll admit I shed a few tears of frustration and pain this morning, I am tired of all the trying and the unfairness of everything. But I am not giving up and trying to stay hopeful and positive.
It's so normal to feel that way (gloomy, blah), let it all out that's why we are all here together :
I'm sick of being so frustrated with this... thanks tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
Wow !
Look !
<-----------
Who DDDDC'd me ? That is so sweet, it put a tear in my eyes, thank you !
it wasnt me... but I like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by noorjahan View Post
Joining in this group.

More later.....
I added ya! welcome!

Old 02-19-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noorjahan View Post
Joining in this group.

More later.....

Old 02-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Yippeeee! My OPK is so close to +. O time must be near.

I can't say why but I feel great today. This is my favorite part of the cycle. Lots of BD to keep me busy and feeling productive.

T

Old 02-19-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
This is my favorite part of the cycle. Lots of BD to keep me busy and feeling productive.
T
Good for you, Tara! Keep busy and have fun.

Oceanmommy - Love the extra note in your profile.

And hello to you all. I have been quiet this week - part of trying to be a little less focused on ttc - but reading some and definitely thinking of you all and wishing you well.

I just got back from the RE appointment (thanks for checking in, Sarah!) and we have a plan!!! Yeah!!!

First, he wasn't panicked about my fsh of 10.0 which is "at the very top of normal" -- that's how he kept saying it, rather than "borderline high." So he still considers it "unexplained subfertility" and not "diminished ovarian reserve." I'd been really worried about diminished ovarian reserve, and so I felt relieved that he was less worried.

We talked through doing a laparoscopy to check for endo or going ahead with clomid and IUI. And we decided to do clomid with IUI for the next possible cycle! The reason to go ahead is mainly that I am "older" and the fsh is "at the very top of normal" so checking out the endo would mean about 9 months before we moved on to clomid (3 months for doing it and recovery and then up to 6 months of trying on our own), and by then the "very top of normal" fsh might have increased so much that not all the options would be open to us. We all talked it through and thought it was good to go ahead with the IUI instead, especially since I have absolutely no endo symptoms except the "unexplained subfertility."

So... we'll be doing IUI either March or April, depending on my darn work travel schedule. I'm feeling hopeful!

And talking about IUI reminds me: : : : : : for Ity!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 06:59 PM

Elk I'm getting teary eyed for you.....All I can say is YAY! mama!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

User Tag List