Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Pink tinge on TP - always a bad sign.
Oh no
Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is WRONG with me???? Can't get pregnant on FERTILITY DRUGS???? This is just so lame and I am SICK of it!!!! Dangit. I can't stand it anymore.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:40 PM

I'm gonna test tomorrow a.m. just to get this overwith.: : :
Old 02-20-2007, 04:10 PM

Allisonrose - Love your new siggie!

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 02-20-2007, 04:11 PM

lilyflower

Old 02-20-2007, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks, Tara! I'm working on surrounding myself with positive energy and the old siggie seemed bitter.

lily, hoping you are very pleasantly surprised tomorrow...

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
Old 02-20-2007, 04:29 PM

for Lily... Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
Tara - You're actually a day ahead of me (I'm cd 12 today).
I'm cd 11 so it is Tara, Christy, and Erin as almost cycle buddies. Here's hoping we'll be BFP # 5, 6, and 7 in this month's soon to start FLOOD of good news.

And someday I'll get around to updating ff so my chart actually means something.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Pink tinge on TP - always a bad sign.
Oh momma... I'm so sorry.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Lily -

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:20 PM

Ok, briefly - here's my update from the doc this aft

FSH 6.2 LH 14.8 High LH could mean PCOS which I don't think I have, neither did the doc and if I do so far it hadn't caused a problem (I don't think).

I have a fibroid in my uterus measuring 2.4 cm. He thought I should go for a sonohysterogram to find out if it's growing inside or outside but when he said I'd have to do that next cycle and then find out those results before doing anything else I kind of lost it so he didn't insist.

I left with the requisition for that in case I decide to do it, plus a presc for provera and clomid 100mg. Would you do the hsg first or would you go for the clomid? Am I crazy for just going for the clomid?

Also I had to show him my charts and insist that I haven't ovulated since the m/c becuase he didn't believe me : SERIOUSLY what's wrong with doctors that they don't know this? He tried to say it could be my sleep patterns (cue me freaking out).

I told DH these results and he said "ask your girls what they think" meaning you guys
Old 02-20-2007, 06:56 PM

Did you ask the doc if the fibroid can cause M/C? If so, I would do the HSG in order to avoid that happening to you again. I know that would be some time, but I do think I would check that out first myself. (I know that is probably not what you want to hear, but I think if that is taken care of, you will feel a lot better taking clomid, especially if you were to conceive twins right?)
Old 02-20-2007, 07:00 PM

I did ask, he said it might, it might not, basically he didn't know for sure either way. I'm going back and forth on it in my head for that reason, I want to be sure it won't happen again but it's not necessarily what caused it either. UGH why can't things just be easy!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
What is WRONG with me???? Can't get pregnant on FERTILITY DRUGS???? This is just so lame and I am SICK of it!!!! Dangit. I can't stand it anymore.
Oh Lily I think I know just how you feel. You are not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Ok, briefly - here's my update from the doc this aft

FSH 6.2 LH 14.8 High LH could mean PCOS which I don't think I have, neither did the doc and if I do so far it hadn't caused a problem (I don't think).

I have a fibroid in my uterus measuring 2.4 cm. He thought I should go for a sonohysterogram to find out if it's growing inside or outside but when he said I'd have to do that next cycle and then find out those results before doing anything else I kind of lost it so he didn't insist.

I left with the requisition for that in case I decide to do it, plus a presc for provera and clomid 100mg. Would you do the hsg first or would you go for the clomid? Am I crazy for just going for the clomid?

Also I had to show him my charts and insist that I haven't ovulated since the m/c becuase he didn't believe me : SERIOUSLY what's wrong with doctors that they don't know this? He tried to say it could be my sleep patterns (cue me freaking out).

I told DH these results and he said "ask your girls what they think" meaning you guys

Sarah, here's hug for you too, that is a lot of info to take in.
I know several women with fibroids who conceived and carried their pregnancies with no problems at all, it was more of an annoyance to them.
If it were me I would get the other tests done before clomid because you only have a few chances with clomid and I'd want everything else to be clear and ready. Does the dr suggest a hystosonogram, a HSG (hysterosalpingogram) or both ?
I would want to find out where it is growing, I guess that can determine if it could interfere with fertility

I googled "fibroids fertility" and this is what I found

Quote:
Fibroid tumors may cause problems for women who wish to get pregnant because the tumors may be growing all along the uterine wall making implantation of a fertilized egg doubtful.
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/wom...oidtumors.html

I am sure you are reading all about fibroids right now, let us know what you find.

ETA: I'd want to find out if its ok to take clomid with having fibroids, that link says that estrogen makes them grow just like with endo. Clomid gives you a lot of estrogen (and then also a lot of progesterone)

As for Drs not knowing the basics of charting and such... when I had my m/c in 1999 I went to the drs a couple times for betas (and found the #'s falling) and the first time I saw this male dr I didn't know because my regular dr was off that day. He was clueless, trying to tell me I just got pg a couple days before and was now losing it instead of getting pg the month before and losing a 6-7wk pregnancy. I couldn't believe how ignorant he was... if I had truly just ovulated it wouldn't have implanted yet there would have been no beat #'s... he must have slept through that lecture in med school or something. I am always amazed at the basic stuff some dr's do not know, and how little most know about sympto-thermal charting.
sorry ! Dr rant over...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:50 PM

lily- it's not over till the hag shows. : for your test tomorrow.

Sarahjen- I would definately get the test done. I know how you feel momma I felt the same way when trying to get Pg with my DS. It took 15 mo and even 6 mo of clomid didn't work. It can be so frustrating when you aren't getting PG and you have no answer why. I think you should just take the clomid this month since it will make you feel proactive and you can't test fro everything else tilll next month.

If this month doesn't work for us, i have to take next month off since DH is going to out of town during O: Oh well, maybe I'll use the time to lose some weight and get on a healthy exercise plan. I am still carrying 15lbs around from DS almost 2 yrs ago.

Hope everyone has a good day, let's all try to breathe

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

Old 02-20-2007, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

sarah.. even though it wasnt completely helpful at least you got some answers (which is certainly better than none right?)

lily.. I'm sorry!! It doesnt mean af yet tho...

ocean... I really wish doctors werent so ignorant... you think with all that schooling they would be a bit smarter

jen... breaks are good (so I've been told anyway) lets hope you wont make it to "next cycle"!! if it makes you feel any better.. I'm still carrying 40+ pounds three years later

long lazy day... I havent accomplished much at all in the housework dept
I enjoy mommy and son days... no siblings... dh is in bed... its just us...

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 02-20-2007, 08:13 PM

Sarah- I would def do the HSG first, IMO. I won't tell you why, but it involves one of those scary surgery/medical shows and a lady who was pg and had fibroids. It was freaky.

Jill- I have little to no CM normally and with Clomid I have absolutly none. EVER. The first time I was TTC with my DS I used real Egg Whites, and I don't know if they helped, but I did get pg, so they didn't hurt. and they are cheap!!

PS- I think an interesting fact about me is that I am a Clomid baby as are my 3 brothers and sisters. My mom was the first patient in her doctors practice to use it. It took her 3 mos on 50mg with me, 6 mos and up to 100mg with the next two kids, and 4 mos and 150mg with the last.

So for Dr's saying Clomid doesn't work, it does for some people.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama View Post
for Lily... Hang in there.

I'm cd 11 so it is Tara, Christy, and Erin as almost cycle buddies. Here's hoping we'll be BFP # 5, 6, and 7 in this month's soon to start FLOOD of good news.

And someday I'll get around to updating ff so my chart actually means something.
I'm CD 12 today also. I have been lurking and not posting because I can barely even think about ttc without tearing up. Even typing those two lines made me tear up. This is now cycle 10, and I know some of you have been trying for a lot longer than that. I just feel so betrayed by my body.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post
noorjahan - It doesn't seem like your current doctor is serving your best interests. I understand what you mean about charting and being a control freak. Sometimes I wish I didn't chart but since I'm currrently doing acupuncture, my practitioner needs to see my chart.
Yes, my accupunturist also wanted to see my chart everytime I went. Since I'm not seeing her for a while that makes going chart free easy.

How is you accupunture going? Do you feel any difference in your cycle? Any improvement? How is your accupunturist?

Lilyflower, lots of I hope soon you see the BFP!!!

SarahJen, I also have fibroid, but it's small in size. And yes, it can cause m/c and also chemical pregnancy (which is also very early m/c in a way)...I pretty much blame the fibroid for my chemical pg the other cycle. After I learned that I actually changed my diet a little such as going sugar free and dairy free. I think, it helps a lot for me. However, last couple of weeks I went back to sugar and dairy cause I didn't feel like mainting this diet and now I'm paying heavily for that. I've AF now......and it hurts like h**l. Apprantly, fibroids can also make period more painful.

May be you can try accupunture? It also helps with the fibroid. Dr told me unlike cysts fibroid actually never goes away completely, it may under treatment & diet change shrink.

Hi greenegirl, I remember you from the NMY thread. I don't have any words of wisdom for you but lots of

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noorjahan View Post
SarahJen, I also have fibroid, but it's small in size.
noorjahan how small is small?

Thanks for all your replies, we have a lot to think about. Obviously I just want to be pregnant but on the other hand if I go through another m/c I think I might actually die of grief, I seriously don't think I could handle that again. On the OTHER hand (three hands?) if the fibroid wasn't the cause anyway there's no guarantee either way if i have it removed or not and I'll probably never even know if it was.

My doc did say when he handed me all the papers that I'll hopefully end up getting pregnant again before I have to even use them (that's what happened the first time I went to see him) so I definitely didn't get the impression that we weren't to try until I got the fibroid evaluated.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Sarah - !!! It does seem like a lot of info to process and it is frustrating, I know, because there is so much you don't know (like, what really caused the m/c and whether the fibroid is interfering or not)... Good luck sorting it out and doing what seems right to you.

Hey there, Karen (cycle buddy)! Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed and sad about ttc. It is such an emotional roller coaster, isn't it? Here's hoping for good news for you this month.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
noorjahan how small is small?
Sarah, sorry I don't know the answer. I was looking for my paper to see what size is my fibroid, but can't find it now. Both my Dr and accupunturist said it's not that big to worry about.

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 PM

: : : : : : : :
:
:

The internet is not a place for hypochondriacs.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 PM

Karen - I understand what you're feeling. I've felt that (do feel that) and it's no fun. Some days are better than others though.

Sarah - try not to stress over internet stuff!! Seriously, the internet is pretty dangerous since you can almost always find something to say what you want (or don't want) to find. I'd be more concerned about the hormone levels, because that's what's messing with your ovulation. PCOS is typically found in women with FSH and LH levels off, BUT your LH can be affected by other hormones in your body. In my case it was my insulin levels. Haven't you mentioned your thyroid before?

I've discovered that life is much better when you don't stress over all the things you're supposed to avoid when ttc. Tonight, I'm having tuna(yum!) and I don't care about mercury levels or whatever else. I'm just going to eat what I want to. It's been awhile too.

all around

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:16 PM

Sorry I don't have anything super helpful to say Sarahjen and Greenegirl. I'm thinking of all of you.

T

Old 02-21-2007, 01:22 AM

Hey ladies! all around

: Lily

Ocean still looking good!!:

Sarah I can so relate!!!

Welcome to the new ones to this thread

I had a ton of creamy CM today and I don't really have any CM, ever so I hope that it is an early sign that I am preggers!!! I think that I'll temp for a few more days and then just wait and see!!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:13 AM

Quote:
I did ask, he said it might, it might not, basically he didn't know for sure either way. I'm going back and forth on it in my head for that reason, I want to be sure it won't happen again but it's not necessarily what caused it either. UGH why can't things just be easy!
Easy? I wish things were easy... Just take consolation in that you aren't alone on this journey. We're all here with ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
As for Drs not knowing the basics of charting and such... <snip>I am always amazed at the basic stuff some dr's do not know, and how little most know about sympto-thermal charting.
sorry ! Dr rant over...
I hear ya! When I first went in to ask abotu infertility, I was told to chart. Now I ask if I should bring my charts, and the Dr is like, Why? I dont need to see those... Augh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susykat View Post

I had a ton of creamy CM today and I don't really have any CM, ever so I hope that it is an early sign that I am preggers!!! I think that I'll temp for a few more days and then just wait and see!!
: : : : : : :
Old 02-21-2007, 02:16 AM

lily, hang in there hon.

sarah, i'd def. do the tests first. You wouldn't want to hurt anything. I'm sorry you had to find that news today.

susykat: :

ity i'm liking what i'm seeing on your chart so far. :

So I thought my side effects would get worse when i upped the clomid, but i haven't had ANY today! huh.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 02-21-2007, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

my temp is a fluke this am... oh well

dh may just come home today with a car! I'm excited

I'll catch up with personals later... but to everyone

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 02-21-2007, 11:33 AM

The herbs the AP gave me are like natural fertility drugs and I am having some crazy syptoms. I feel like some of you did on Clomid for the first time. I'm sure I ovulated because my side was in major pain last night. I'm also constipated and got a really super + OPK yesterday. We are going to keep dtd until at least Thursday night.

:

T

User Tag List