TTC 6+ Months February Support Thread - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 728 Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jen, that makes me so so so happy! PLEASE update asap tomorrow ok? I hope to join you in the ddc soon!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#602 of 728 Old 02-21-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
Sarah - I clicked the "love" link in your siggy, how COOL! I posted in that thread, so hopefully she'll give me a reply in the next day or so...
me too! I just posted hopefully whenever she gets a chance will post the reply!! That's so exciting!!

jen&james, : for the line to get darker!!!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#603 of 728 Old 02-21-2007, 11:18 PM

noorjahan ity and Christy I can't wait to see what the messages are for you guys, that whole thread was so amazing to me.
#604 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 12:17 AM

Jen OMG!!! I can't wait for tomorrow morning!! No sleeping in, OK?
:
#605 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 06:30 AM

Hi ... OMG ... thank you all for the welcomes i was sooooo surpised when i logged on this morning ! yous are so nice and now i feel i have somewhere to share all this with ..... so thank yous ....

Jen ... i read your post and i to am crossing my fingers for you and toes and everything .... my first preg i seen a really faint line but hubby couldnt and said it was negative but i could have swore there was a line there so bad ... so the next day we got a digital one thats says pregnant or not pregnant ... and it said pregnant ... so i really hope so much yours is the same ...

anyway just thought id pop back in .. Hope you all have a nice day XxXxXx

: : : : : : :
#606 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

nic.. youre cute...

ok.. all you chart experts unite and help me out.. just for a sec ok?
yesterdays temp was 97.3... I woke up late... and corrected temp is 96.9... what one should I use... uncorrected temp gives me crosshairs and puts me at 3dpo... corrected gives me nothing... I dont know if I ovulated or not....

:

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#607 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 08:16 AM

Good morning

lily, I have to tell you (in a non stalkerish way) you were the first thing I thought of this morning when I popped the thermometer in my mouth, I hope you're ok mama

Ity I forgot to tell you (in an also non stalkerish way) that I had a dream you were pregnant the other night :

Jen anxiously awaiting your update this morning!

Tenk how are you feeling?

Elk I'm glad that yesterday wasn't too hard on you, I'm dreading June and I hope at least I'll be pregnant by then. I hope I hope I hope

Cycle buddies, anything happening for any of you yet?

So I'll be filling my prescription for clomid and provera today, I don't feel the O coming for me this month either. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people about the fibroid and while it can cause problems it's likely that it won't - I even talked to someone who has two the size of golf balls and had three successful pregnancies with them that size. I hope you won't think me irresponsible or think that I'm not heeding your advice, I just don't see myself going through with any surgery for it. Most women have them apparently and usually wouldn't even find out until they were already pregnant or sought help for symptoms (which I don't have) and the one I have is considered small.

So it is what it is, I'm feeling good about it and looking forward to the clomid and hopefully getting pregnant. Oh, and I am still going to my reg doc on Friday to test my thyroid and ask her a few more questions - she's a lot easier to talk to than my obgyn (less rushed).
#608 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 10:51 AM

Sarah, for fibroids surgery isn't needed unless it's really big (donno how big is big....or how small is small sorry).

Around December in 2005 I started to have lots and lots of pain in my pelvic area. At that time I wasn't ttc and I did lots of research why I was having so much pain. I wasn't going to any Dr either. I came up with fibroids. However, I wasn't diagnosed with it until October 06 almost a year later. I feel so so stupid! I should have paid more attention back in December and see which food increases my pain. Do you notice after eating certain food you have pain? Or you don't get pain for that at all? I noticed as soon as I drink coffee and soda , eat chocolate my pain goes up to the sky. May be try eliminating food that causes pain for you....it might shrink a lot!!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#609 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 10:58 AM

noorjahan I've had no symptoms from this at all! I have had fibroids in other places (under my arm is one) and I did find that chocolate and coffee made it hurt more, when I cut that down or out completely it pretty much goes away. I guess maybe I'm predisposed to them and I will definitely keep an eye on this one when I'm pregnant. I have been eating an above normal amount of chocolate these days and the one under my arm is letting me know it :
#610 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 11:35 AM

Jen - I hope that line gets darker.

Crystal - I would err on the side of not ovulated yet. I never correct my temps (though I will exclude tham later if they look way off). Generally, unless you have a compelling reason you should leave the temp as is and not change it. It's alwasy better to assume you haven't ovulated. If you have, your temp should go back up anyway and ff will give you the crosshairs (should give them to you, anyway).

Sarah - I can't wait to see if there is a message. Anytime I've done this before I get nothing so hopefully there's something there this time. Make sure to ask for all of your thyroid levels to be tested, if you do that. Also, (as a warning) the provera can make you feel pregnant (i.e. nausea and high temps and such) so be prepared for that.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#611 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
So I'll be filling my prescription for clomid and provera today, I don't feel the O coming for me this month either. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people about the fibroid and while it can cause problems it's likely that it won't - I even talked to someone who has two the size of golf balls and had three successful pregnancies with them that size. I hope you won't think me irresponsible or think that I'm not heeding your advice, I just don't see myself going through with any surgery for it. Most women have them apparently and usually wouldn't even find out until they were already pregnant or sought help for symptoms (which I don't have) and the one I have is considered small.

So it is what it is, I'm feeling good about it and looking forward to the clomid and hopefully getting pregnant. Oh, and I am still going to my reg doc on Friday to test my thyroid and ask her a few more questions - she's a lot easier to talk to than my obgyn (less rushed).
Yeah for clomid and provera! Yeah for thinking through the fibroid question and doing what feels right for you! Yeah for doctors who have time to listen and to deal with all the parts of your body at once!

OK, now that sounds really silly. I just wanted to say that those all sound like great, positive steps and I'm hopeful for you!

I don't know what time zone Jen is in...
#612 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 01:12 PM

so I took another test and there is def. a second line, it is still pretty faint but a little darker than yesterday I am 11dpo. So I am going to call the Dr and get a blood test done and see what the bets #'s are. I will keep you updated. I am in shock, I just can't believe this.... thank you guys for all your support, I hope this kicks off a BFP conga line

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#613 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Jen! That's so awesome!

: : : : : : :

Come on everyone let's conga!
#614 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM

Okay, it is amazing, but I am already totally overwhelmed by personals, there has been so much going on. I have not been able to speak much about this, too frustrating. So I am just not going to!

Jen, I am just hoping that line gets darker this morning. : : :

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and words for me. I really appreciate it.

Ity, I can't wait to see your chart today.

Congrats on the decision Sarah and I am excited. Maybe we'll be joining the same DDC?

Okay, I am not sure what everyone is talking about messages? I read and re-read, but can't figure out what I missed.
#615 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen&james View Post
so I took another test and there is def. a second line, it is still pretty faint but a little darker than yesterday I am 11dpo. So I am going to call the Dr and get a blood test done and see what the bets #'s are. I will keep you updated. I am in shock, I just can't believe this.... thank you guys for all your support, I hope this kicks off a BFP conga line

YAY! Jen!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#616 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Oh my gosh!!!! Our posts crossed!!!! Yeah-hooooooooo!!!! How exciting!!!!!! That is so wonderful. I wish I could see a picture so I could actually see a real positive test! Congratulations!!!
#617 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just coming in to say Congrats to Jen!!!!

(all us following Jen with our very own BFPs!)

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#618 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 01:20 PM

YEAH ItyBty !!!!!! Love your chart!!!!!!!
#619 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 01:23 PM

Ity how is that jar of hope today?

lily the messages are from a thread in the spirituality forum (messages of love), there's a link to it in my sig, they're very touching.
#620 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

jen.. that is awesome!

christy.. the temp in there now doesnt give me anything.. if I change it back to the original.. it will give me crosshairs.. I'm so confused:

sarah... choclate is good.. and you have the right to eat it

ity.. regarding the whole peanut butter/hope thing.... what happens if its the natural PB that the oil splits out of ???????

ok... I really have to go.. I will catch up with everyone else later. ... we are so gonna get bfps!!!!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#621 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
ok.. all you chart experts unite and help me out.. just for a sec ok?
yesterdays temp was 97.3... I woke up late... and corrected temp is 96.9... what one should I use... uncorrected temp gives me crosshairs and puts me at 3dpo... corrected gives me nothing... I dont know if I ovulated or not....
Angel, how much later than usualy did you wake up? I dn't often correct unless it's dramatically later, like 2+ hours. If it's within an hour, like 9:15 instead of 8:30, I don't normally correct, because for me anyway, it usually means I went to bed about an hour later than normal, so it's the same amount of sleep that I would have gotten anyway, kwim?Like, if I normally sleep from 11pm until 7am, but instead I went to bed at 12am, and slept until 8am, I won't bother correcting it, cause I only slept late caue I stayed up late.

Quote:
Ity I forgot to tell you (in an also non stalkerish way) that I had a dream you were pregnant the other night :

Whoa? Really? I haven't even had a pregnancy dream (about me or anyone else) in the last week or so.

Quote:
JEN!!
: : : : : :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Okay, it is amazing, but I am already totally overwhelmed by personals, there has been so much going on. I have not been able to speak much about this, too frustrating. So I am just not going to!

Good luck everyone. I have a lot of catching up. I feel like taking a break though, so I just don't know. I feel like a bead fraud by the way so much for magic beads huh? (They do say they take time to work though.)

I am irritated that my temp popped up again today, so that was kind of weird. Just to add a tiny bit of hope to an already hopeless case. BFN at 14 dpo is pretty obvious, so my temp jump just irritates! Get AF overwith already. What - am I going to have a 17 day luteal phase now???? That is all I need.
Aww Lily - Careful with the bead fraud comments, you could wind up with a new DDDC. You aren't a bead fraud, not even a wee little bit. Jen got a BFP! I blame the beads! I'm still : for ya, you havent' had a big pre-af dip yet, so I'm still hopeful.

Quote:
YEAH ItyBty !!!!!! Love your chart!!!!!!!
I know! It took all my will and self control not to POAS today.

Quote:
Ity how is that jar of hope today?
Jar of hope is still closed, but I did open it and take a big sniff. I'm not busting out the spatula just yet.
#622 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 02:24 PM

Jen - Huge congratulations and
I'm so excited for you and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post
(all us following Jen with our very own BFPs!)
Great idea, Allison! Love it!

Ity - Wow. Very nice looking chart. : : :

Lily - Maybe I'm crazy, but I am still thinking it is a possibility... Hope this waiting for af goes on for 16 months or so (because you're actually pg and then nursing, of course, not that you have an unexplained cycle of 450 days!!!).

No news here, except I was a witch last night and started a fight with dh, so no bd even though it was scheduled. I need to be a nicer wife!
#623 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Congrats Jen !
Don't forget to sprinkle us heavily with babydust ok ?

I am also overwhelmed with the amount of personals I want to do, there is a lot happening right now.

Hello to the new faces ! Welcome to the thread and may the newbie luck be upon you.

Crystal, I would put in the temp then discard it for now and see what the next days bring. Keep on Bding at least every other day ! :

Sarah I am glad that you know your body and where you would like to place your focus. It sounds like you have a plan, I'll be watching with fingers crossed :
That thread linked in your siggy is wonderful except that I cry my eyes out everytime I read it. In a good way I guess ? Maybe that goes to show you that part of me is in turmoil.

Elk How are you feeling today ? I have always wanted to tell you that I enjoy your posts, your kind heart radiates from each one.

Ity nice lookin temps there mama :

Lily How are you feeling today ?

Christy I keep forgetting my reply to you BFE = Big Fat Evap Line. I just didn't want to use the "N" that day, it felt too negative. That was a few days ago and I saw one again today.

Teneal, how are you ? You have been on my mind

As for me, it would truly be a miracle if AF does not show in the next 72 hours. I have all the symptoms I usually get (watery CM, backache, temp drop, BFN/BFE) and so I am in denial/acceptance mode here. Feeling very emotional the last two days, anything could make me cry.
I have one more clomid cycle left, but it will not be this next cycle. We have too much going on here in the next few weeks including MIL coming to visit and stay with us in our tiny, tiny house. So it would be entirely possible to have crappy timing, and I am not willing to risk that. And I am feeling like my body could use a clomid break, the hormones feel like they have been intense. And I have heard that after clomid the following cycle can have residual clomid effects, so maybe I will get a "freebie". And that last round of clomid is all that's left in my toolbox for now... I am not quite ready to use that up too.

Here's something interesting...

Mercury is in retrograde right now, I actually looked it up because I have been feeling ineffective, like I am not accomplishing anything and my days have been choppy without getting any one thing really finished. So I looked it up and yup, mercury went into retrograde on Valentine's day. This could account for my funky mood which I think maybe some others have also been experiencing ?
Not to worry it goes back to normal on march 8th, but this is a frustrating time for me personally
here's a snippet and a link

Quote:
It is therefore not wise to make important decisions while Mercury is retrograde, since it is very likely that these decisions will be clouded by misinformation, poor communication and careless thinking. Mercury is all about mental clarity and the power of the mind, so when Mercury is retrograde, these intellectual characteristics tend to be less acute than usual, as the critical faculties are dimmed. Make sure you pay attention to the small print!.....
Mercury retro in Pisces, the sign of his fall, creates mental and emotional confusion, with strange dreams and sometimes psychic experiences. Mental processes being entwined with emotions, we find it hard to separate ideas and opinions from passion and idealism. Our mental orientation can be unstable, unrealistic and overly-spiritual, but it also inclines to laziness and increases the urge to consume alcohol. Nervousness and stress, even unfounded fears and paranoia are stimulated, especially from working or living in a hostile environment.
Here's the link if you want to read more
http://www.astrologycom.com/mercret.html

Gotta run, today is the kindergarten field trip to the planetarium
#624 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 02:57 PM

: Woohoo JEN!!! :
#625 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
Elk How are you feeling today ? I have always wanted to tell you that I enjoy your posts, your kind heart radiates from each one.

As for me, it would truly be a miracle if AF does not show in the next 72 hours. I have all the symptoms I usually get (watery CM, backache, temp drop, BFN/BFE) and so I am in denial/acceptance mode here. Feeling very emotional the last two days, anything could make me cry.
I have one more clomid cycle left, but it will not be this next cycle. We have too much going on here in the next few weeks including MIL coming to visit and stay with us in our tiny, tiny house. So it would be entirely possible to have crappy timing, and I am not willing to risk that. And I am feeling like my body could use a clomid break, the hormones feel like they have been intense. And I have heard that after clomid the following cycle can have residual clomid effects, so maybe I will get a "freebie". And that last round of clomid is all that's left in my toolbox for now... I am not quite ready to use that up too.

Gotta run, today is the kindergarten field trip to the planetarium
Oceanmommy - You are very thoughtful to say this... I feel the exact same way about you! I feel blessed to be supported by so many wonderful women at this hard time and I am so impressed by all of you!

I will be hoping that you're surprised and af doesn't appear. But moving on to the acceptance phase makes perfect sense and a clomid break sounds smart too. !!! And have a great time at the planetarium.
#626 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 03:09 PM

congrats jen.

crystal: I would also go with non-ovulation just to be safe.

temp looks good ity.

I'm having a very very hard time today. So many people are turning up pregnant, and it's hurting my spirit. I hate days like these. I hate that I can't be happy for people, that instead I hold resentment. I have a dear friend on another board who has four children already and is dealing simply with non-normal cycles due to nursing. It's hard to hear the complaints. And now that her 2ww is almost through and she is looking like she might be pg, I'm taking it very hard. Life just isn't fair. :
In other news, we've decided to foster a child! Eventually we'll fost-adopt, but probably not soon.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#627 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Okay, for any of you that want a good sweet laugh for today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iGof...%2D40fd%2Da66b

This cheered me up! It is adorable!!!
#628 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Okay, for any of you that want a good sweet laugh for today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iGof...%2D40fd%2Da66b

This cheered me up! It is adorable!!!
This is too cute and oh man I was sitting at my desk laughing about it. LOL, thank you Lily!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#629 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 03:48 PM

Congrats Jen ... So happy for you !!

Jilly beans ... i know exactly what you mean about others getting pregnant .. its awful because you know you should be happy but the fellings you do get are horrible... im exactly the same... everyone around us seem to be having babies, no problems, just easy as that and then there is us ... you just end up feeling like whos going to be next !!! keep your chin up though we will get there xxxxx

and sorry for being a bit thick ... whats DDP ? and the charts stuff ... im in the uk i think the chart stuff is about planning the temps throughout the month and mucus and stuff ... sorry everybody .... we just new and only really trying at the mo clearblue ovulation kits (not that they work LOL) XX
#630 of 728 Old 02-22-2007, 04:27 PM

Nic - I don't know what DDP is but I wrote "you leave us soon for a ddc" and that might be what you meant? DDC is just mothering.com speak for due-date-club, the boards where women who are due the same month hang out to chat.

The "bible" of charting is Taking Charge of Your Fertility, by Toni Wechsler. Also called TCOYF on these boards. It has great info on temping, cervical mucus (cm), etc. But you can easily learn the same stuff from fertilityfriend.com. They even send you a course, by email, when you sign up. Lots of folks here have paid memberships so others can see several months and lots of info. I just have the free membership, which lets me "share" 2 months of charts but I can see all 10+ that I have entered.

I should be clear I'm not necessarily recommending all of this! It can easily get to be so much info that you just obsess endlessly, and end up more stressed. But this will tell you how to get started if you want to join us crazies who document every last little change in our bodies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page