TTC 6+ Months February Support Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 728 Old 02-08-2007, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Tami! Hope your stay is short.

To answer the question every one wants to know - I'm testing on Saturday if everything still looks good. Keep your fingers crossed please!

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#242 of 728 Old 02-08-2007, 09:59 PM

Keep up that bding Ocean and Lily!

mamas!!

s to all...
#243 of 728 Old 02-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Lily - I'm all about this beading now (thanks in part to you) and I don't wear jewlery either. I wore my necklace to the acupunctureist and felt a little odd wearing it but I'll get used to it I think. It feels a little short so I may redo it and make it a touch longer. I hope that doesn't decharge it's fertility powers. Good luck catching that egg.

Tami - Welcome!

Christy - Major : here in FL for you

Kat - Good news on the test. Rest up girl so you'll have some bd energy.

Everyone else - If you want some sun come down and visit me in sunny Florida. Trust me though, our weather is either perfect or terrible, no in between. I guess you knew that based on the headlines though.

night,
T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#244 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

I'm having a terrible time with mdc right now... NOTHING wants to load... it took 15 mins just to get here ... its not my connection.. its mdc...:

lily... lets hope its today :... then you'll get your score too

welcome tami.. I'm adding you as soon as mdc cooperates!

kat... wonderful to hear about your tubes! sorry it was a bit painful.. but thus is life

christy.. my fingers are crossed...

ok.. mdc.. start working!!!! geez!!

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#245 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

where is everyone this morning???

this is weird and kinda scary

#246 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:19 PM

Christy - Darn it, darn it, darn it. I'm sorry.

Sarah - Sorry for the "incomplete slough" or whatever it was that they called it. How absolutely frustrating!

Kat - Glad the HSG provided good info and have fun with the bd'ing!

Tara - A late for af showing. And that is a lovely necklace. Cool. And a lovely bookworm.

Tami - Welcome. Sorry you have to hang out with us, but hope it is helpful to you to know there are many of us feeling the same frustration. I hope the OB consult goes well later this month. I'm curious about the endo diagnosis (what tipped you off?) and what the plan is for treating it. My RE thinks we should check on that for me, even though I've had no symptoms. I am a bit wary of laproscopy without anything indicating that is the problem, but his answer is that the infertility may be the symptom. Anyway, I'd be interested in whatever info you're willing to share.

And Hey there! and to those I'm skipping now...

As for me... This is my 4th day of spotting and I went ahead and tested this morning. BFN of course. I tested because I'm supposed to do a cd 3 blood test this month and I wanted to call to schedule that once I'd given up hope that it was unusually long implantation spotting. So now I've given up hope! : I got an appointment for Monday (since the nurse said we'd assume af would arrive today, Sat, or Sun and cd 3 tests can actually happen cd 2-4).

Anyway, I am in a truly foul mood. I had been really hopeful this month - so many reasons it just "felt right" plus great bd timing, etc. etc. And now here we go again. I am just down in a deep, dark funk and now I get to have houseguests for the weekend. Great... Last night I canceled plans to go see a friend who had a baby last weekend. Even though I'm genuinely 100% happy for them (especially because they'd tried a year and had success with IUI), I just couldn't take holding a newborn and especially seeing how excited ds would be about a baby.

Sorry to ramble here.
#247 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So, obviously, it is bad to fall ass-first down a flight of stairs while pg, but hopefully it isn't so bad to do it at 6dpo. Yeah... I fell down the stairs. Hard, linoleum stairs with metal edges. I am going to have nasty bruises on my back, bum, and elbow. My hand has a shiny, "melted" line where my palm-print is gone from my hand sliding down the rail. I had my puppy in my left arm and to save him from being hurt, I held him up and my elbow rammed into the stair. I can move it a bit today, so I don't think anything is broken. On top of that, I have been running into everything and tripping. Gah! I have no idea why I am so clumsy all of a sudden.

I think I am going to have to read the thread for a couple days in a row before I can do personals. I can't keep up! :

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#248 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:22 PM

Ouch, Steph! Sorry about the fall and hope you aren't in too much pain.
#249 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

steph.. sorry for your fall good thing you are alright though

for elkmama

HI everyone else.. wherever you are

#250 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punquin View Post
So, obviously, it is bad to fall ass-first down a flight of stairs while pg, but hopefully it isn't so bad to do it at 6dpo. Yeah... I fell down the stairs. Hard, linoleum stairs with metal edges. I am going to have nasty bruises on my back, bum, and elbow. My hand has a shiny, "melted" line where my palm-print is gone from my hand sliding down the rail. I had my puppy in my left arm and to save him from being hurt, I held him up and my elbow rammed into the stair. I can move it a bit today, so I don't think anything is broken. On top of that, I have been running into everything and tripping. Gah! I have no idea why I am so clumsy all of a sudden.

I think I am going to have to read the thread for a couple days in a row before I can do personals. I can't keep up! :
As a Semi-pro Klutz I can assure you that you are probably gonna be fine, but really-really-really sore for a while. I've done similar, although luckily my stairs fall was on old wooden ones with rounded edges. It still hurt though, so I can imagine how you feel today. Just relax, take some Tylenol or Aleve and rest. If you have a heating pad that can help sore muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama View Post
As for me... This is my 4th day of spotting and I went ahead and tested this morning. BFN of course. I tested because I'm supposed to do a cd 3 blood test this month and I wanted to call to schedule that once I'd given up hope that it was unusually long implantation spotting. So now I've given up hope! : I got an appointment for Monday (since the nurse said we'd assume af would arrive today, Sat, or Sun and cd 3 tests can actually happen cd 2-4).

Anyway, I am in a truly foul mood. I had been really hopeful this month - so many reasons it just "felt right" plus great bd timing, etc. etc. And now here we go again. I am just down in a deep, dark funk and now I get to have houseguests for the weekend. Great... Last night I canceled plans to go see a friend who had a baby last weekend. Even though I'm genuinely 100% happy for them (especially because they'd tried a year and had success with IUI), I just couldn't take holding a newborn and especially seeing how excited ds would be about a baby.

Sorry to ramble here.
I see nothing to apologize for. It's always harder when you manage to convince yourself that this is the month, huh? Just keep rambling, I know it helps me when I'm hurting to just get it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
where is everyone this morning???

this is weird and kinda scary
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
I'm having a terrible time with mdc right now... NOTHING wants to load... it took 15 mins just to get here ... its not my connection.. its mdc...:
I'm here! A wee bit earlier than normal too - Kitty woke me up because he was hungry, and well, he's too smart, and very determined, and once he gets something in his stubborn little head, thats it. So I got up and fed em.

CD13 here for me, I'm just waiting for O so we can do the IUI. As a backup, we're planning lots and lots of BD-ing too... :
#251 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:33 PM

I saw the acupuncturist yesterday and she started me on some herb blends. I took them last night and this morning and I feel like I'm doped up. I feel like I want to crawl back into bed and sleep all day. This just won't work for me. I guess I need to call her.

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#252 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Christy

Angel, good morning!

Elkmama, sorry about your BFN.

Punquin, sorry about your fall. Lucky nothing broke.

Tenk, what is WITH that temperature? You don't have to answer, as I know you said you are not here anymore, but I still have to say something to you anyway!

I guess I ovulated the day I thought, because when I sneakily add another high temp for tomorrow, FF tells me with Advanced and Research that I O'd on Wednesday. So I got a Good score. : It is so hard to be prepared when my OPK doesn't show positive until the day of.

So, I am guessing I am 2 dpo right about now! Woopeeee!
#253 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 12:38 PM

WHO put that under my name? Am I being hacked???
Angel???? Who, what???? Huh??
#254 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

it wasnt me!! I swear!!!

#255 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

my bets are on the ones you sent the bracelets to... I just cant remember who they were

#256 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 01:29 PM

Ooooooh, thanks angel, how do you have the time to know all this stuff? I have never even looked at the things on the top.... DDDDC that is funny!
#257 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Ooooooh, thanks angel, how do you have the time to know all this stuff? I have never even looked at the things on the top.... DDDDC that is funny!
idk.. I just know... cause I got one too

#258 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
9 DPO here. I was unreasonably cranky yesterday and the day before. My patience decreases dramatically when AF is coming close. So my irritability isn't a good sign. But I reason that it's simply possible that I haven't implanted yet or that it could be preg hormones causing irritability...

Tara - That doesn't sound right. My herbs don't really effect me.

Sorry for lack of personals.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#259 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 02:07 PM

Christy

: lily Looks GREAT to me!

Ity hope the timing is perfect!!

Tara sorry you feel yucky!

Ouch! punguin

Elk sorry for the BFN

Sarah

Hi Jilly, Angel, Tenk and welcome Tami!!

I think that the Green Tea has done the most for my CM anyone else drink it and really notice a difference?
#260 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

I've drank it... and not really noticed a difference... oh well
that was last cycle before I realized it was a bust

#261 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 02:43 PM

just saying good morning to everyone.

christy, i'm so sorry.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#262 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punquin View Post

You are going to be an amazing mother

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#263 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 03:15 PM

Ocean my dear, you are getting PLENTY of warning you lucky duck. I know this is your month. :

Sarah, where are you? It looks like your body is ready to clear out!

Boohoo, I miss Tenk.
#264 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 06:28 PM

Well thanks for the hugs but as I pointed out several times it was the clomid. I guess knowing that going in it came as no surprise to me when my temp was down this morning and then af showed up right after that. So now I get 100 mg... I wonder does the three month rule apply to any and all dosages or only to the same dosage (i.e. I could do 3 months at 100mg if it works)? It's probably for all dosages with my luck. I dunno what to do if the clomid doesn't work. We can't really afford an IVF cycle. Maybe an IUI? I dunno if that would help though, since I clearly ovulated. We just didn't have any luck getting any pregnancy. *sigh* oh well.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#265 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 07:56 PM

Wow! I'm having a hard time following everyone, hopefully, I'll catch on soon.

ELKMama regarding endo. I have always had heavy AF's with severe cramps, but I could handle it. I was a virgin before getting married, but after marriage and bding, I started getting these horrid pains. I ended up quitting my job because it was so bad.

I went to my family practice doc time and time again and finally, he told me to go to a GYN. My MIL had read an article on endo and I had even brought it up with my family doc, but he didn't even want to consider that. I went to female GYN, thinking she would understand and be more sympathetic, but she was horrid. I refer to her as a feminist nazi (no offense intended). She wouldn't allow dh to come back to the exam room with me and was just so "know it all" like during the entire visit. She told me that she didn't think I had endo, but wanted to try me on bcp just in case. She gave me three months worth and told me to come back for a follow-up after that time.

The bcp made me feel like crap and I only stayed on it two months. They did help, but not completely. I canceled my follow-up appointment and made a new appointment with a OB/GYN that I had heard was really good. He had long wait for new patients, so I wouldn't be able to get in to see him for four months, I think it was. Dh and decided to ttc while we waited. I got pg and found out a couple weeks before my scheudled appointment. I called and they rescheduled me as an OB patient since they don't see you until you are 10 weeks. All my pain I had went away while I was pg.

About 2 months post-partum, my pain came back severe, I had stopped breastfeeding due to some issues my baby's ped wasn't any help with. I made an appointment with my OB/GYN. I had never discussed the pain while I was pg since it had disappeared. So, I went over everything I had been experiencing and that it stopped while pg and that it was back. He flat out told me that I had endometriosis. He said, while it wouldn't be confirmed until after a laparascopy, he was 99.9% sure that was what was going on with me. He left my treatment up to me, didn't push the lap at all. I decided to go on bcp. I stayed on it for four months that time before I couldn't stand it any longer. We also decided to ttc our second at the time. I got pg on the 6th cycle of trying. Unfortuneately, I miscarried just before 9 weeks. The pain came back so severe after that. We were ttc again right away, but after awhile I just couldn't take the pain anymore and requested a lap.

I had the lap on cd 2 of the 6th cycle after the miscarriage. He found endo behind my right ovary. I think there was more than that and he missed it. The early stages of endo are clear lesions and very hard to see unless you know exactly what you are looking for. From what I've read, they look kinda like bubbles and a lot of doctors will just brush those off as bubbles from the air they pump into the abdomen so they can move the organs around easier during surgery. I have some pics from the surgery and can see areas where I think there may have been more endo lesions in the early stages. Anyway, so I was officially diagnosised. I healed from the surgery really quick, was ready to bd by the time ovulation rolled around and conceived my youngest that same cycle.

What's weird about endo is that the symptoms are so completely different in different women. Some women have lots of pain, others have no pain at all and the only symptom is infertility. A laparascopy is a relatively easy surgery to recover from and it may shed some answers to you. Have you had any other testing done?
#266 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 08:01 PM

Christy, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Sarah, where are you? It looks like your body is ready to clear out!
I really don't know what my body is doing. Seriously. This is the pattern since the m/c, some days of nothing, no CM, no spotting, no O pains. Then EWCM in abundance for a day, less the second an third but still there, on the fourth day SERIOUS BAD O pains for a few hours and watery CM and then spotting and then bleeding. And then it starts over again .

I very much think that all this, the m/c included, the weight I've gained this year, are all because of low thyroid but every time I have it tested it comes back in "normal range". I just don't know what to do. I might go see my regular doctor to get it tested again next week just to be sure but I'm at a loss about it all and I just really feel defeated. Not depressed or sad, more angry and like a total give up kind of feeling.

I don't even feel like we're actively TTC at this point so I feel like I don't even belong here, not that I don't enjoy all your company and staking charts, but it's honestly been hard on my heart for me to see everyone's cycles come and go and I'm still stranded. I love you all to bits and I'll be so excited when any of you get your bfp's or even +opks (go lily and ocean!) but it's just all a bit discouraging for me. I just don't understand how the miscarriage managed to screw everything in my body up so utterly completely for so long.

Anyway all I really meant to say after all that was that I'm here and rooting for all of you, I'm just having a bit of a hard time being patient.

I also want to add that I feel like I'm not bringing anything to the discussions here sometimes except for more of my own drama which isn't even NEW drama but just more of the same old drama and I'm sorry about that.
#267 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 08:08 PM

Sarah, I am so sorry. It is all really unfair.
#268 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 08:16 PM

My doctor called and there may be a polyp on my uterine wall so he scheduled me for a vaginal ultrasound on Wednesday I'm scared!
#269 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 08:49 PM

UGH! Dh is sick and doesn't feel like bding tonight. I'm having lots of ewcm and just know that O is around the corner, but I'm thinking we'll miss it this cycle. I just wish he'd get better super quick so he'd feel like jumping me.

susykat I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it's nothing. Good luck at your u/s.
#270 of 728 Old 02-09-2007, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

tami... I appreciate your post.. I really knew nothing until now about endometriosis

sarah.. it doesnt matter what you say.. or what drama you bring.. we are all here for the same reason... and are all just as frustrated as you .. we all love you the same... no matter how much drama you bring (I dont know why but I am SUCH a dramaholic. )

katherine... that has to be so scary... I hope that it turns out to be nothing at all.. what led you to belive there is a polyp?

christy... sorry for af.. I couldnt figure out why everyone kept telling you they were sorry... then I looked at your chart...

dh and I got in a fight today (not too uncommon )... and somehow ttc came into the fight... and he said I was "broken"... it just made me so angry and frustrated... my body has been wacky since sept... I cant prove to him that I'm not broken.. I cant help it that bcp made me so wacky... I didnt know it would.. we both want more kids, not just him. me too.. if I'd have known that... do you think I would have gone on bcp for so long?

so anyway... theres my drama sarah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page