TTC #1 in our 30's February Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 445 Old 02-23-2007, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck to all our weekend O'ers Xenon, Jen, Michelle & Christy! Catch those eggies! :

Laura it's good you're not vomiting but sounds like you'll be glad when the 1st trimester is over.

Kiya I must agree your chart looks great. : for a better result tomorrow!

Xenon I was rushed this morning and didn't have time to post my lastest pic. I added today's IC to the progression and it's finally looking like a BFP. I'll keep peeing on sticks til I run out! I seeing that second line come up - I think I could watch it every day. I hope lots of you will be seeing the same thing VERY soon!

Christina good luck car shopping this weekend!

Kemi
how are you feeling today?

I'm feeling a little nervous about AF being NOT due tomorrow but I've had that "butterflies in my stomach" feeling off and on all day. Either it's excitement/nervousness or nausea I guess.

Would any of our graduates be interested in a "Pregnant with #1 in our 30's" thread? The November DDC isn't really up & running yet and I'd feel funny joining October DDC b/c they all know each other already. I guess I could host but for some reason that feels like jumping the gun (and changing my sig didnt?!?). :

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#362 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
Good luck to all our weekend O'ers Xenon, Jen & Michelle! Catch those eggies! :
: : :

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#363 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Dee, the new pic is awesome.

#364 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Ooh Kripa the front page looks so pretty! It reminds me of Fruit Stripe gum!

Christy sorry I forgot to include you in our list of weekend O'ers! I amended my earlier post. :

I got up super early (1.5 hours early) this morning with an upset stomach and my temp was only 98.2. I didn't want that to mar my beautiful chart so I corrected the temp. All the other temps are uncorrected, though. Can't believe how much nicer this soy chart looks than the others. I really recommend it to anyone who isn't happy with their O temp rises or post-O temps. The dose I took was a little more than 2 gardenburgers a day for 5 days, then I avoided soy and other estogenic foods like flaxseed for the rest of the cycle.

Wanna see another pic? Yes I have POAS disease!

#365 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 11:50 AM

Dee: I'm feeling better. I did have a fit of crying yesterday and just simply wanted to spend some time alone. Your mind can make realizations, but it takes time for your heart to catch up. Jeff was just as wonderful as always and very supportive. I was just feeling down and I know that our timing must have been off, but one can dream...How are you feeling, Dee?

This month we're taking off because we'll be in Texas with my brother while I ovulate. Dh isn't very comfortable dtd in a strange place other than a hotel room with little kids in the house so we're just going to bow out this month. I'll still chart because I'd really like to know if the weather is the cause of my later ovulation or what. I would think so. I've just gone back on my exercise program (I lift kettlebells!) and I'm feeling good after a more intense workout.

Once again thanks for the love, hugs and encouragement. It's nice to know that I have some friends out there who are going through or have gone through the same things I am. I look to you all for inspiration, especially our graduates who have stuck it out even at times when they want to just throw in the towel. So, Thanks...

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#366 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
I lift kettlebells!
That's full-on awesome.
#367 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 01:05 PM

Thanks Xenon! : I feel all warrior princessy today. Really, I've been lifting for over a year now and I would do it consistently for a while and start to look good then back off and gain a couple of pounds. I figure that I'm going to just continue working out like I always do and when I find out I'm pregnant I'll back off a bit, but continue to lift. It's really healhty if you've been doing it for a while to continue during pregnancy and you snap back after the birth easier which I'm going to need...

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#368 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the support. I've personally got my fingers crossed that I actually ovulate and it's not a false positive (I've gotten those before!).

cking - when are you going to Italy? I'm going to hit London in April and I'm pretty excited about that. It's funny though that lots of other people I know seem to have planned overseas trips too.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#369 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
I've just gone back on my exercise program (I lift kettlebells!) and I'm feeling good after a more intense workout.
That is really cool!

Quote:
Wanna see another pic? Yes I have POAS disease!
I would too. That is a nice FAT line you got today. Sweet!

I might be asking you more about those soy isoflavones in the future....Hmmm.
But next month is going to be another relaxed month. I just have to accept that I can't make red raspberry/red clover tea every day while we're touring Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
cking - when are you going to Italy? I'm going to hit London in April and I'm pretty excited about that. It's funny though that lots of other people I know seem to have planned overseas trips too.
We are leaving a week from Monday! (And still no passport!) I'm really excited. Yeah, we are sort of looking at this as our 'last big trip'....DH's family is Italian, and he hasn't been to Italy before, so he's super excited. My mind is a little scattered as we are trying to get ready...

Christy, have a fabulous time in London!

Good luck to everyone Oing this weekend!!!

Well, we got our car.
We were so sure we'd never buy a new car, but we caved for this one.....
it's a Prius!!! I'm so excited.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#370 of 445 Old 02-24-2007, 11:17 PM

hello!

after a crazy week and computer crashing problems, i am back to say...not much!

after poas this morning, i got a bfn. i don't know if the test i took earlier this week was a dud (ept)...or what is going on. for now, i'm just letting it go, as the list of maybes could go on forever. i'm still feeling some of the symptoms...and af is still a week away, so i will stay in the positive.

seems like i've missed a lot!

dee - still very excited for you - ready for you to start posting belly shots!

cking - congratulations on the very cool car purchase. that's the one we want.

kemi - where will you be in tx? i agree about exercise. healthier bodies make healthier children...

kripa - i'm sorry i don't have any exciting news, but...maybe in a few days..

any test recommendations? i noticed that epts don't get great reviews on the poas website. maybe just a false +?

take care everyone,

rain
#371 of 445 Old 02-25-2007, 12:04 AM

Wow Kemi those kettlebells looks really cool! I bet you do look like Xena when you're heaving those around! I'm sorry to hear you're taking this month off... your chart is always so fun to stalk. Seriously, though, would you & DH consider staying at a motel so you don't have to BD around the family? Maybe for umm, 3 nights?

Christina a Prius! How cool! I might have to come take it for a spin while you're in Italy. Boy I was hoping your passport would come this week so you could stop worrying about it. I think once you're there you'll be super relaxed and won't miss your teas one bit. :

Rain I'm so sorry about your BFN. My favorite test is Answer Quick & Simple. They're made by First Response so they're really sensitive but they have more dye so you get a better BFP. Oh and they're cheaper too - what's not to like? The pic in my signature link is my Answer BFP at 11dpo. Haha I don't lift kettlebells so there won't be any belly pics from me any time soon!

#372 of 445 Old 02-25-2007, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ooh Kripa the front page looks so pretty! It reminds me of Fruit Stripe gum!
It does look like that, I hadn't noticed.

#373 of 445 Old 02-25-2007, 10:59 AM

rain: I'll be staying with my brother and his family in Austin. We'll be there for a 5 days right through O time.

Dee: I wish I looked cut up from kettlebells. I was starting to look more defined but I fell off and was inconsistent so I lost the definition and I'm a little fluffy right now. Well, fluffier than I've been in the last three years. I need to lose like 15 pounds (eek!!!). Jeff said something about staying in a hotel or something so we can have our privacy, but I said it was okay. If we have enough privacy while at my brother's we'll dtd, we just won't be doing it to try this month. Besides, I need the break.

#374 of 445 Old 02-25-2007, 12:58 PM

Cking - I'm sure your passport will get here. I'd be stressing to though, if I didn't have one already. And that is one cool car!

kJad - I may sound dumb here, but what's a kettleball?

My temp went up again today (just a teeny bit). Maybe the 100mg is the right dose (which would be nice!). I just hope I can tell when I ovulate, cause my temps never really went down to where they typically get.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#375 of 445 Old 02-25-2007, 01:16 PM

Christy: A kettlebell looks a bit like a canon ball with a handle. They are basically used as cardio and strength training tools in certain circles. We basically buy Dragon Door Russian kettlebells. They come in various weights. The one I lift mostly is 20 pounds and I do various excercises with them.

http://www.russiankettlebells.com/

DH got me interested in them and I love using them. They even have women who are very into it and lift throughout pregnancy even though they do modify their workouts so they aren't so intense. Basically going back to it is great because I lift every other day and walk every other day. Usually in the mornings before breakfast. I feel better when I'm working out and it helps me deal with stress and helps with my sense of well being. I've been slacking a bit because I felt that I should take it easy if I'm going to get pregnant, but I'm just going to go for it and if during the process I get pregnant, I'll simply modify what I'm doing. I hope this answer helps.

#376 of 445 Old 02-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Christy your chart is looking good - looks like 100mg clomid is the right dose. : It seems to be moving your O date up too, which is good. Yay for shorter cycles!

Kemi I'm glad you have the perspective to realize that you need a break. This is my 7th cycle and I find myself getting crazier each time. Nice coincidence that you'll be visiting your bro around O time so you'll be distracted. Your workout plans sound good too - I exercised a few times at home this month but then my stupid dvd player broke. Hope to get it fixed soon b/c I don't wanna get any "fluffier" than I have to.

OK, one last pee stick photo to share. I saved the digital for when DH got back from him trip and stupidly used it around 4:30pm. It's still positive! I'm gathering up my courage to get a blood test tomorrow.

to everyone - hope you're having a good weekend!

#377 of 445 Old 02-25-2007, 07:30 PM

Well, not sure why but my temp went way down today, 1 dpo...? I think it may be because the last few days I have been tossing and turning before taking my temp, but today I got a good reading. hopefully it'll go up tomorrow. better bd one more time just in case! (if we must!)

Kripa - thanks for updating my info in the first post (which does look like fruit stripe gum!) I suppose you put 30 for those who's age you don't know... I'm actually 35 and have been ttc since dec 06 - if you get around to updating again! thanks for keeping everthing up to date.

now starts that darn ttw! guess i better just try not to think about it. but i will try to make sure i eat well and get lots of water - just in case!! :
#378 of 445 Old 02-25-2007, 11:24 PM

While Jen is annoying our wonderful threadkeeper Kripa with changes (jk Jen ) I just want to add that Becky is now 32

BTW Jen, I think one more BD is a good idea. I think there are some excellent benefits to BDing 1 dpo. I am pretty sure that is how i got knocked up. : for you!
#379 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 10:20 AM

Oh yes, Emily, thanks for reminding Kripa of my advancing maternal age

Ack, this thread is so active! I love it! But it makes it hard for me to keep up these days. I think pregnancy brain has officially kicked in. I feel SO STUPID sometimes. :

Dee, how you doing? Are you going in for bloodwork today?
#380 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyphry View Post
Oh yes, Emily, thanks for reminding Kripa of my advancing maternal age
No, no I was reminding Kripa to celebrate your birth! That's it. Really. It's not like I was staring at the front page thinking "33. 33 *sigh* Man I can't believe I am 33. Oooh! Wait! Becky's 32 NOT 31. Now she is only a year younger. I feel better"

Nothing like that happened AT ALL
#381 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 PM

You guys crack me up.

Well, I checked the DOS website and they say the passport should be here "on or about" the 28th. So, I should be ok...as long as "or about" doesn't mean 6 days later.

: for everyone in the 2ww!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#382 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 01:07 PM

Joyful Monday ya'll!!!

Well - I'm out this time around. My temps dropped the last two days, and reviewing my chart (without my forced O line on it) I'm wondering if this cycle really WAS anovulatory. Hrmph.

Well, hopefully AF will be here soon, and I'll be back in the game...

Do ya'll use OPK's? DO any of ya'll with really LONG cycles use OPK's? And if so - where do you get them from, how often do you use them, and when do you start using them? TIA!

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#383 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 05:10 PM

Well, the BD-ing has started!

We're aiming for a week solid starting today !

Since the temping hasn't gone so well this month, I'm going by CM, which is pointing to good right now!

*egg catching vibes!*

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#384 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
It's not like I was staring at the front page thinking "33. 33 *sigh* Man I can't believe I am 33. Oooh! Wait! Becky's 32 NOT 31. Now she is only a year younger. I feel better"

Nothing like that happened AT ALL
Hey, we're not pushing around walkers yet, right?? It's all good!!

Kiya, bummer! I hope you're wrong! You wanna see something amazing? Here's my friend's chart -- it looks totally anovulatory, right??? Check out the BFP she got...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/jaymeb/?i=1969411&

Michelle, good luck catching that egg!!
#385 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Just popping in to send some love to everyone trying to catch an eggie and those in the 2ww ... and anywhere else in their cycle, for that matter ... and to all our lovely gestating goddesses ... heck, love all around!

Kiya, Becky's friend's chart looks somewhat like yours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I did notice that you cycle seems to have gotten progressively longer over the past few months. Any thoughts as to why? Did you come off hormonal BC or anything before you started charting?

I started what should be my LAST TTA cycle yesterday. Woo hoo!

Hope everyone is well!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#386 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiberLover View Post
*egg catching vibes!*
: : :

#387 of 445 Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 PM

Jen your timing looks fabulous! One more BD is always a good policy.

Becky I actually did it - I went an had blood drawn today. The results should come in tomorrow. BTW I'll be 32 in just over a month. Maybe we should consider strollers instead of babywearing so we can use them as walkers too.

Christina I'm so nervous about your passport but the 28th sounds like a good time to receive it. Are you all packed & have your museum tours planned out? You must be so excited!

Kiya I'm not sure what's going on with your chart either. Does FF draw a coverline on it when you change the detection method? I'm really sorry to hear that you're out this cycle.

To answer your OPK question - I like the babycreation ones from ebay I got 15 OPKs and 5 HPTs for $8 shipped! They seem to be closed through tomorrow. : Anyway, I also like the HPTs from babyhopes.com that come free with Preseed. Haven't tried their OPKs but the HPTs are definitely thicker and more substantial than babycreation ones. Good luck - I found that testing 2x a day made all the difference in the world b/c I never got a true + before I did. It must be hard with a long cycle but the internet cheapies are great - they're so cheap that you don't feel bad wasting them.

Go Michelle Go! *Egg catching vibes* right back at ya!

Karen woo hoo for last TTA cycle! You're in such a good position to TTC with all those previous charts. I wish I had planned ahead like that.

: to all the 2ww'ers!

#388 of 445 Old 02-27-2007, 12:35 AM

just stopping in to send happy thoughts out to everyone, wherever you might be in the world - and on your cycle!

i finally bought a pink line test and got a bfn this morning. af is not supposed to officially show up for 5 days though, so i'm realizing that i am possibly just a little impatient.: after i got the bfn i pulled out another ept (not impatient!) and got the most ambiguous result ever. it was like an outline of a + sign. maybe tomorrow...

something funny happened a work this evening. a childcare worker in a program i supervise asked me if i am expecting "un bebe". i had to laugh! she said i'm a little panchita. so..it's not my imagination!

kemi - i hope you enjoy your trip to austin. that's my city!
#389 of 445 Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jottjen View Post
now starts that darn ttw! guess i better just try not to think about it. but i will try to make sure i eat well and get lots of water - just in case!! :
Jen, your timing does look great, I missed this somehow.
:

#390 of 445 Old 02-27-2007, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raingyrl View Post
maybe tomorrow...
Hang in there Rain! :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page