TTC #1 in our 30's February Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 445 Old 02-19-2007, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Kripa & Kemi! Both of your charts still look really good! There's no sense getting depressed about AF coming *before* she even gets here, yk? IF she shows, then you cry and sulk and have a glass of wine. Before she shows try to stay hopeful. I know it's hard, especially in light of my possible good news, but I really do empathize with both of you. Kemi your husband sounds amazing, sounds like you got a great catch!

Hi Jen! Thanks for being not excited for me. Maybe you need a thermometer with a memory so you don't have to write it down at 5am?

Earthymama, my DH is pretty clueless about the whole thing and I think both of us like it that way. This was the first month I told him when I needed him to be available for BD and a couple days ago I told him that I was in the 1ww. That's about it. He knows I temp but doesn't ask questions.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#242 of 445 Old 02-19-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind words Dee. I wasn't very clear in what I wrote I realize. I'm still feeling somewhat neutral about this cycle. The sadness is just a general overall sadness, that was my clue that my period is possibly coming. I tend to get sad and/or anxious a couple of days before my period and irritable a day before. It's just a PMS type hormone thing that I try to stay detached from if I can't manage to shake it. It used to really throw me for a loop, but charting has really helped because even if I've lost track of time I can look at my chart and see that it is possibly just that "sad" hormone time. I'm hoping as I continue the Vitex that maybe it will help with that, it would be great. I'm fully prepared for my period to not show...hmm, maybe that isn't neutral then. Oh, and actually your possible good news will be what helps keep me hopeful especially if my period does show up...but I'm not excited for you, nope, not at all.

Hi Kiya, I don't think I've ever seen you on this particular thread so welcome! If you have posted here a billion times, then please excuse my goofy brain. I've recently asked my hubby to obsess with me over my chart, which consists of us just looking at it for a minute, some times a few times in a row. And I told him there was no point to it other than me just needing someone else to look at it with me. Otherwise he just takes my word for timing, etc. I remember reading about one woman somewhere on this board, her hubby gets up early and when he gets up he puts the thermometer in her mouth (she's half asleep) and he goes and brushes his teeth and then comes out and checks the thermometer and records her temps. I thought that was cute. If my hubby tried to stick a thermometer in my mouth I would have to knock him out, but that's just me. If I felt like I needed help, I know he would do whatever I asked, but there hasn't been anything with temping that I felt I needed help with. Oh, and his interest in the details of what temps can mean has definitely grown with each cycle, it has taken a pretty natural progression.

I use a clip on book light to record my temps in the morning, much less bright. I used to use a tiny flashlight but the cat kept moving it. : Apparently stealing my flashlight would somehow make me feed him. The book light clips to my little travel alarm clock.

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#243 of 445 Old 02-19-2007, 11:55 PM

Dee: Yes, my DH is quite amazing. He was the one who encouraged me to study to become a doula and LC (still trying to get hours for the boards though). He told me after I lost my job (because I was taking care of him and we both had bronchitis so I took maybe 3 days off of work total, but that is another story) that I should pursue what I love and that he would take care of everything else. All I had to do was go to classes, go to my internship, and just make sure he had lots of yummy food for dinner. That's a great deal. Also, thanks for your confidence in my chart! We're basically just taking it one morning at a time. I'm still not exited for you!

Jen: I agree with Dee. Just get a thermometer with a memory and get some sleep. The BD basal thermometer has a little light in it so I just look at the temp, make a mental note of it and either wake up or fall back to sleep for a few minutes.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#244 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 AM

finally! i'm at the end of a 13 hour work day! dee, i'll meet you in the morning!

dh and i are both not into charting. we think we are too busy..

thanks for all the positive energy from everyone........

rain
#245 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

I can't wait to see what results you get Rain and Dee! Sorry, I mean, yeah whatever, could be cool...

Before I started charting I was feeling the same way, and then once I started I loved, loved, loved feeling justified about snuggling back into the covers for a minute. I very easily lose track of time, but there is no fear of that because the thermometer will beep so I find that I can totally relax in the short period and I love it. Everyone is so different though. There are plenty of women who still find it a hassle. I think of it as snoozing with a purpose.

On paper I'm done. Just waiting for my period as the confirmation. And by the way my belly is grumbling I don't think I'll be waiting long.

#246 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Come on! Wake up and pee already!

#247 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 09:02 AM

Temp is up 0.3 degrees even though I temped an hour early.

The 2nd line is darker than the one from yesterday!!! Holy crap this might be a BFP! The funny thing is I'm not in disbelief, I'm just excited and I'm doing my best to keep fear away. Can't wait to tell DH! I'll be testing every day from here til after AF is due so I'll keep you updated on the darkening of the line! Tee hee hee!

Rain what's your verdict?

#248 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 09:05 AM

Aww Kripa I just saw your chart. I'm sorry.

#249 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
Holy crap this might be a BFP!
Wheeeeeeeeeeee! This might call for a celebration! Yay, Dee!

Also, Kripa.
#250 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 10:01 AM

MajorGroover, : OOOH!!! Congrats! : Can't help it... I'm excited!!

raingyrl, : :

earthymama2b, My DH is pretty much just going with the flow. Anytime I tell him we need to get to it, he's GTG. He's more interested in what's going on aroung O, then again the last few days of the TTW's. Other than that, I give him daily (sometimes hourly) updates and he's starting to understand more about what's going on with all the stuff i'm doing. DH was on board with TTC before I was. By years even heh.

Kripadasi, My boobs normally change 2 full cup sized throughout my cycles. Changes in them tell me nothing... like everything else so far heh. sorry you're feeling like AF is on the way... I hope it's a false alarm and she misses you. :
#251 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The 2nd line is darker than the one from yesterday!!! Holy crap this might be a BFP! The funny thing is I'm not in disbelief, I'm just excited and I'm doing my best to keep fear away. Can't wait to tell DH! I'll be testing every day from here til after AF is due so I'll keep you updated on the darkening of the line! Tee hee hee!
: So when would AF normally be due?
How long do we have to wait to fill the page with :

#252 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
The 2nd line is darker than the one from yesterday!!! Holy crap this might be a BFP!
Yippee! : very excited for you!
#253 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 11:25 AM

Thanks girls!

AF isn't due til Saturday... how am I gonna make it that long? I'm just trying to stay positive and not worry. If I can make it past 4w4d I'll feel much better, b/c that's when I m/c last time. Thanks again for the good vibes.

#254 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 11:40 AM

Oh Kripa... I'm sorry that AF is knocking down your door. Don't let her in! But really send me an e-mail and we can talk.

Dee! Cautious Congratulations!:
I'll make a more elaborate one once you get towards your AF time. Basically, a line is a line is a line so I'm sure you have this one. I can understand being cautious because of a previous early m/c. I'm praying for you that this one sticks like crazy glue! You see, maybe the Cliff Hanger dude was good luck after all?

Alright now Raingyrl, make with the results! We want to know!

As for me, I'm up .2 today. So I went from 98.1 to 98.3. It's going nicely. I may just wait two or three more days instead of 4. I'm not entirely sure yet. Please keep sending me good vibes and baby dust! We would like for this to be it.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#255 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 AM

[Peaks out from beneath magical lurking cloak ...]

Hey, ladies. I'm going to be joining you in April, but I wanted to let you know that I have been lurking/eaves-dropping/secretly hoping and praying for all of you. I have all my appendages crossed for you!

[Pops head back under said magical lurking cloak to wait out one-and-a-half more cycles.]

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#256 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 11:52 AM

Kharen! You can join the party now!!!

#257 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:07 PM

OOOOOh Dee!!!
Just a little congrats now....

there'll be lots more later.

Kripa

Kharen!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#258 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
Please keep sending me good vibes and baby dust! We would like for this to be it.
I really hope this is it for you too : Your chart is looking be-yoo-tee-ful!

Kharen! See you soon!
#259 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 PM

WHooohooo!! Woot! Early Congrats Dee!! : : :

*giggle*

No, this is my first time posting, and I didn't realize that til AFTER I posted, as I've been lurking for a while. I'm Kiya , recently turned thirty, married for a little under three years, supposed to be WAITING til March/April to start TTC'ing #1, but we got a slightly early start on the condom-burning. :

DH is definitely on-board with the babymaking, but all he REALLY seems to want to know right now is when I O, and if I'm pregnant! : All the inbetweeny, mildly obsessive stuff, I do online with like-minded women - which is good, as he grounds me here, and keeps me on a level keel.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#260 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the advice on the temping, ladies. I actually do have a memory and just started using it this week b/c we have out of town guests and I'm sleeping on an air mattress in the guest room - it's working pretty good! I've also not been checking what time it is and just putting down "6:00am." Not sure that is good or not but it does seem to be less stressful for me. I've also been off work tho so that may help. Usually, I lay in bed tossing and turning a little wondering if it's too early to temp or if I should just do it. I think I'm deciding that I should just take my temp as soon as I wake up, no matter if it's 4 am or 6 am. What do you all think?

MajorGroover... OMG!!!!

Kripa - are you still waiting or did AF come to town? I've heard plenty of folks say they were sure AF was around the corner but then found out they were PG...

raingyrl - :
#261 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:44 PM

Hey Jottjen,

I just wanted to say that it's important to have a fairly consistent time to wake up in the morning to take your temp. Like within the same hour. So if you generally get up at 6:00 a.m. anytime between that time and 7:00 is pretty good, but you would still want to try and have your temp taken at the same time every day within 15 minutes for the most accurate temps. Some people say after 3 hours of sleep and I've found with me that even if I take my temp after three hours of sleep if it isn't done at the same time every day there are disparities in my temps like if I wake up earlier my temp is lower or later, it's higher. Being consistent is best when ttc or tta.

Anybody else want to chime in on this?

Also: if I haven't already said it.

#262 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm at the top of the page again!!! Who's bad?!:

#263 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:47 PM

Dee - teeny tiny yay! Holding off on the party until you give the official go ahead. But still, yay!

to the new ladies Kiya & Kharen (is there really an h is your name or is that just your user name?)!

Kharen - I see you are in Athens, I am in Decatur! Feel free to continue to lurk away, but also know that the women on this thread are just so awesome and they will totally support you as you wait too!
#264 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:50 PM

Thanks for your kind and gracious welcome, ladies! I was going to hold off on joining until April, but if it’s okay if I sit on the sidelines here and cheer for you all until then, that would be great.

So, I’m Karen (silly story re: why the “h” is part of my MDC name). I’m 32. And my Dh and I have been waiting for six loooong years—until he was finished his graduate schooling—to TTC.

Dee, I am SO hopeful for you, so I want to throw some excitement and positivity your way! Same for you, Kemi. Your chart is gorgeous—it’s making me burst at the seams! And I can hardly wait to hear the other updates today. It feels like a good wind’s a-blowin’, ladies.

Hopefully no one will be here when I start TTC in April because you’ll all be in your DDCs by then, but I look forward to being part of this group. I have been extremely impressed and touched by your support of each other.

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#265 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Emily, yes, we just moved to Athens from State College, PA (Penn State) about six months ago. My husband was offered a job down here, and I LOVE it. I'm really enjoying these Georgian winters.

My niece just contacted me to ask about a college she'd like to check out in Decatur--Agnes Scott College. Know anything about it?

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Okay ... back to the sidelines with me so I can get back to my cheering for you all. Give me a P ... O-S-I-T-I-V-E!

#266 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Kiya and Karen!

Kiya it is funny because about two or three days ago I came across one of your posts somewhere else on the MDC board and your sig caught my attention. I clicked on your hair obsession and promptly got sucked into your henna hair adventures. I added you to the front page using the color red in honor of your henna adventures.

Dee, I have no clue how you are going to survive until Saturday because I'm thinking hell I can barely wait until Saturday to be able to move you to the graduate list. When I took my temp this morning one of my first thoughts was, "I wonder if Dee is up yet?" as you seem to post fairly early.

Kemi - your chart is looking awesome, go temps go! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharen View Post
[Peaks out from beneath magical lurking cloak ...]
: scary cloak, put that thing away.

Jottjen - I normally have lots of variety in my temping times and the way I made it easier is I picked one time that was accurate the majority of the time. For me, my alarm is set for 6am so that is my regular time. If I'm more than 15 minutes before or after that time, then I just note the time on my chart. This way the majority of mornings I am only circling my temp on the paper and hopefully only once or twice a week do I have to actually write a time down. This morning I woke up at 4:45 : and once I start debating whether I should temp now that is usually my clue that my mind is working enough that I won't be going back to sleep. I have taken my temp in my sleep before though and woke up when it beeped at me. whoops!

Still no period here, but it completely feels like my normal "prep" day and that combined with my huge temp drop makes it just a matter of when not if.

#267 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 01:15 PM

Kiya! My Dh has gotten on board pretty gradually. He always knew when I was Oing, since I was CTA for a few years, so I usually let him know most months. But as far as his excitment and enthusiasm during the tww, that took a few months to kick in. At first he just thought I was nuts for obsessing, but then recently he'll get all excited and ask questions like whether I think I'm pregnant, etc. I think it's cute. And it has kind of made it worthwhile that we didn't get pg right away.

Quote:
I just wanted to say that it's important to have a fairly consistent time to wake up in the morning to take your temp.
...<snip>
I agree. I guess everyone is different, but for me, the time makes a big difference. e.g., this weekend my temp was around 98.6 when I woke up at 7 and 8 each day. But this morning it was back to 98.2 when I woke up at 5. I still don't bother to wake up early on weekends, but I also won't flip out at the temp drop I saw this morning.

ETA: Kemi, your chart looks beautiful!

Emily, I love Decatur. My sister used to live there, and it was so nice to visit here there, b/c I could just take the train straight from the airport, stay at the HI in town and walk to her place! She moved a few months ago.

Quote:
My niece just contacted me to ask about a college she'd like to check out in Decatur--Agnes Scott College. Know anything about it?
I don't know much about the college, but it's a gorgeous campus.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#268 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 01:22 PM

i have no real news this morning. it's been hectic, so i haven't been able to come up for air and do something really important like post test results.

we think maybe there was a line...but it's too ghost-like to talk about. i guess it's too early. my whole cycle is a guess this month though...

i'm going to wait until friday to test again just because i can't take the emotional whirlwind this week.

dee??? what are you holding out for - neon with music? i'm kidding...i understand, but it sounds like you have a bfp so far! yay!!!!!

welcome new gals! you'll have fun here!

rain
#269 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripadasi View Post
Kiya and Karen!

Kiya it is funny because about two or three days ago I came across one of your posts somewhere else on the MDC board and your sig caught my attention. I clicked on your hair obsession and promptly got sucked into your henna hair adventures. I added you to the front page using the color red in honor of your henna adventures.
Oh yes, I do SOOOO love the henna!!! Though, I'm ALMOST inclined to give up the Hunt for Red Hair.....Thanks for the welcome - I didn't even see myself on the front page!

Quote:
OOooh, Agnes Scott. It's a REALLY good, liberal arts, private all girls (if I remember aright) college. I went to Spelman, and so there was some interaction across campuses. I loved going to school in Atlanta, I think your niece will too!

Quote:
Hopefully no one will be here when I start TTC in April because you’ll all be in your DDCs by then, but I look forward to being part of this group. I have been extremely impressed and touched by your support of each other.
Hiya Karen!! Welcome, Welcome!!!
I might be here with you still - we weren't supposed to START TTC'ing until March, and considering that I have 35-45 day cycles, if I haven't caught this go round, I'll still be hanging out here in April!

Quote:
Hey Jottjen,

I just wanted to say that it's important to have a fairly consistent time to wake up in the morning to take your temp. Like within the same hour. So if you generally get up at 6:00 a.m. anytime between that time and 7:00 is pretty good, but you would still want to try and have your temp taken at the same time every day within 15 minutes for the most accurate temps. Some people say after 3 hours of sleep and I've found with me that even if I take my temp after three hours of sleep if it isn't done at the same time every day there are disparities in my temps like if I wake up earlier my temp is lower or later, it's higher. Being consistent is best when ttc or tta.

Oh yes - it really does need to be the same time each morning - within 15 minutes, I've found for me is about the limit. I wake up at 6:15 Every. Freaking. Morning (yes, including the weekends), temp, and then I usually go back to sleep. I picked such an early time as it's CERTAIN to be before I actually HAVE to get out of bed 99% of the time. And my therm has a memory, so I wait until I'm actually getting up to record the temp.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#270 of 445 Old 02-20-2007, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

It's official, I'm flowing over here. :

What is the theory behind the BD'ing every other day? I'm wondering if we should try that.

now that I see my frickin' empty starting a new cycle chart on FF, ugh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page