Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woohoo new thread! Thanks for hosting Kripadasi
#3 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpiper0430 View Post
Yippee!!!! I got a this morning!!! Now I'm hoping this is a sticky baby. Good luck to everyone else.

Sending lots of out to everyone!!!
I thought I'd move some congratulations to you over to the February thread to really set the tone for the month.

: :
: Congrats Jenn!:
: :

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#4 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
OK I guess the mystery (that never was) is over. I used my last $tree test and got a BFN. So now I seriously have to order my preseed and OPKs. I think I'm gonna try 2 OPKs a day since 1 a day didn't seem to work. I've also told DH that he will need to participate more than ever. Thanks for the hugs - I know I must have sounded crazy but I'm OK now!
I'm sorry I'm glad you are feeling ok now. I'm trying 2 OPKs a day also.

#5 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattibrie View Post
Sounds like a good plan. I've been doing 2 opk's a day in case I O some other time than I think I do. So far nada. Getting DH to participate more worked for the first few days, then last night he beat me off with a stick Apparently, eventhough I'm swimmin in mucus, the stuff sucks so much that I'm actually injuring the poor guy. : I put some vit E ointment on him and we're hoping taking yesterday off will have him healed up enough for tonight... Friggin hostile mucus
So, I'm already not too optimistic about this cycle. I'm convinced that I'm going to kill any swimmers I manage to get within minutes. I'm going to order some pre-seed and or some FertileCM and see if that helps. I should wait until Friday to order... but I think i'll do it now... maybe I can get it here Saterday (I suspect I'll O Sunday or Monday) I'm also going to look into some dietary changes to try and improve it... I don't want to wait that long though... so chemicals it is (for now)!
Poor hubby I hope he is ready to go again soon.

#6 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 01:17 PM

Hey guys. I'm just checking in. My chart is weird this month...I thought I o'd around day 14 but now I'm not sure and feeling a little discouraged. I'm getting a better thermometer after work today 'cause I'd rather blame the thermometer than think I'm not ovulating yet. I just came off hormonal BC in mid-October.

Congrats, Jenn!
#7 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:03 PM

: : : : : :
: Yay Jenn!!! :
: Congratulations!
:
: : : : : :

I knew it! Have a wonderful happy and healthy nine months
#8 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:10 PM

Dee - Thanks for being an awesome threadkeeper last month. You must have been great luck for us, look at all those Jan BFPs!!! Good luck to you and your DH this cycle. Sending you a and lots of

Kripa - Thanks for hosting the thread this month. Moving people to the graduate list is soooo awesome.
#9 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:22 PM

Hey Kripa!

I'm so happy to see that you're hosting the February thread. Can I join? I'm 30 y.o. and have been trying for like 7 months. The link to my chart is in my signature.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#10 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 PM

Ugh, I hope he's feeling better soon too... I ordered my pre-seed... hopefully that will help him (and me) also.

kJad29!
#11 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 PM

Kemi! Hope your stay here is short and sweet. These ladies are the absolute best - you are in very good company over here.
#12 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM

Hey. I was thinking about joining this thread, and then look--I'm already on it! (We've been trying since 9/05)

I haven't been following, but : Congratulations to Jenn! : Good news!

I'm really tired. I am 14dp0 and tested neg today, so I'm feeling kind of numb. I feel really creatively blocked in my life. I'm waiting... I was thinking last night what an absolute relief it would be to be preg and how instead of spending the 9-10 months on preparing for the baby, I might actually take the time for me. I might set aside time for creative projects and exploration while I still have free time. It's this limbo that is so difficult.

Hello to some familiar folks. It's nice to read about some others who are ttc #1 and are... well in their 30s. It's different.
#13 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM

No time to catch up but wanted to say thanks for Kripa for the lovely new thread!

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#14 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
Hey Kripa!

I'm so happy to see that you're hosting the February thread. Can I join? I'm 30 y.o. and have been trying for like 7 months. The link to my chart is in my signature.
Hey Kemi

I just added you and we're together in the list, how funny is that? Welcome to this thread.

(I'm hoping to be able to write you back tonight, thanks for your email)

#15 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 02:57 PM

Thanks for the welcomes and thanks for adding me in Kripa! I hope my stay is short too, but because I want to be a mama! I hope we all have short and sweet or reduced time here. Here are my stats for now:

I'm 30 y.o. (June 6th is my b-day)
Married for 1 year 4 months
ttc for 7 months (but we decided to scratch out the other tries since we were in the process of moving and our attempts were lackluster at best)
Currently I'm on CD11 and waiting to O. We're expecting for me to O at least on CD15 of this month which is my usual time for my right ovary. I also drink 2 cups of RRL and nettles tea daily. It's helped me tremendously with CM. I need a regular "slippery when wet" sign around O time now!

Thanks again ladies!!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#16 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It's helped me tremendously with CM. I need a regular "slippery when wet" sign around O time now!
laughup

That describes too well how I feel today, but my OPK tests are still neg.

Actually I've been taking the vitex and EPO, maybe that's why I need a caution sign.

#17 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Currently I'm on CD11 and waiting to O. We're expecting for me to O at least on CD15 of this month which is my usual time for my right ovary. I also drink 2 cups of RRL and nettles tea daily. It's helped me tremendously with CM. I need a regular "slippery when wet" sign around O time now!
I'm on CD 11 and expecting to O on CD 15 also. I'm so going to try those teas.
#18 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Hi funnygrace, welcome back to the thread. I think you popped your head in back on the original thread (maybe Nov?). Sorry you are still TTC (and big for the BFN), but glad you found your way back to us. I am not sure how often Kripa is checking in with the thread, but she should be able to update your info for you
#19 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Just dropping in to say hi and congrats to Jenn.
#20 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 07:06 PM

So much action already this month!

Thanks for the new thread, Kripa!

Welcome, Kemi, and welcome back funnygrace and Nico DeMouse!

And nice to see you, Kat! You're having a nice long LP (and you should update your chart -- it's looking good!)

And, Dee: . Your double-OPK plan will surely do the trick this month!

I know I had a bunch more stuff I wanted to say, but I have momentarily forgotten... will surely be back later with more! I had a nice temperature rise this morning, and together with the OPKs, it looks like yesterday was O-day. So now I wait...
#21 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM

: CONGRATS JENN! :

I'm so happy for you!

Welcome to the thread, Kemi!

Dee, sorry you keep getting BFNs. I'm bummed for you!!

Hi Kat! I've been thinking of you lots and hoping you're doing well!
#22 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
I am not sure how often Kripa is checking in with the thread, but she should be able to update your info for you
Thanks Emily, I missed that her chart wasn't on the front page. If anybody wants me to change/update any of their info on the front, feel free to send me a PM...even if you just want a different color

#23 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 PM

Wow so much action today - I love it!

Welcome Kemi, and welcome back Funnygrace and Nico!

Xenon congrats on O!

Kat your chart looks awful purty How has your 2ww been?

Cattiebrie sorry to hear your hubby was injured in the line of duty. Hopefully he'll be better in no time. :

Christina how are you? Has the BFN blues gone away yet? Thanks for the happy anniversary wishes - it was so sweet of you to remember!

I finally got out of my denial funk today and started taking proactive steps. I started soy isoflavones this morning and I'm so nervous for some reason. Also ordered 15 OPKs, 7 HPTs and 6 tubes of preseed for $25.50! I rock with the bargains! Hopefully they'll all arrive by next Thursday (cd10). Maybe this is lucky cycle 7?

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#24 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 08:57 PM

I wasn't going to say anything, but as we're all woman in our thirties with no children, that alone puts us in a special catagory of girl cancer risk. Taking soy isn't helping that risk. Soy is good in the short term but the problem is that your body reads soy as estrogen and later (around menapause) that could infulence your breast cancer odds.
#25 of 445 Old 02-01-2007, 09:26 PM

My chart is horrible inaccurate because FF seems to have been over run with a poltergiest. Everytime I try to enter information, it enters something else, and everytime I try to change it, it enters something else.
#26 of 445 Old 02-02-2007, 01:03 AM

I'm back for now...I just have to comment on the RRL and nettles tea: I usually buy it in bulk from the co-op and mix it 1:1 and just drink the two cups at once in the evening after dinner. I don't put sugar in my tea, but I've heard that it takes away the bitter flavor. I really like it.

I hope that all the slippery juices you're getting Kripa result in a sticky baby!

Now it's time for bed. It's getting late and I have a date with DH in the morning.

#27 of 445 Old 02-02-2007, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico DeMouse View Post
I thought I o'd around day 14 but now I'm not sure and feeling a little discouraged.
Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygrace View Post
It's this limbo that is so difficult.
Welcome back to the thread Funnygrace. I agree about the limbo. I feel like that too. I'd say we are definitely straddling two worlds when TTC the first kid. I find it hard to make some decisions because my mind gets stuck in the loop of "well hopefully I'll be pregnant soon" and "but you don't really know how long it will take", etc. Emily gave us a nice pep talk during the January thread, I went back and got it. It helped many of us who were feeling discouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
To all the 30s TTCers, I KNOW the fear is there for you because I felt it BIG TIME. That is a HUGE reason why I started this thread, I needed TTC support from same-age, similarly-minded peers. Remember, we all have our reasons for waiting until now to start TTC and we really need to trust ourselves that we did what was best at the time. The road to motherhood is not easy for anyone. While physically it may be a bit bumpier for us, the road isn't closed and our bodies are not broken. Many paths can lead to the same place and with age comes the experience and courage to take detours that younger women may not even see as possibilities. Your journey will be unique and different from anyone elses. You are your own best guide. You have made it through life so far, and I know each of you is capable and ready to meet whatever lies ahead. I trust in my heart that each of us will end up in the place she was most meant to be. Lots of love and support to you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitttyKat View Post
My chart is horrible inaccurate because FF seems to have been over run with a poltergiest. Everytime I try to enter information, it enters something else, and everytime I try to change it, it enters something else.
That stinks...I hope it is a temporary quirk.

Quote:
My hubby is one of the most wonderful people in the world.
I was back at the January thread looking for Emily's pep talk and saw Jenn's cute hubby story, and it popped in my head that I wonder how he reacted when you discovered you are pregnant? Feel like sharing?

Quote:
It's getting late and I have a date with DH in the morning.
:

#28 of 445 Old 02-02-2007, 09:50 AM

Hiya Everyone!

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm still nervous that I'll miscarry, but I'm starting get get really excited. My anniversary is Oct 5 and my due date is Oct 10, so I could get lucky and welcome a new baby on my 5 year wedding anniversary. How cool would that be!

Welcome Kemi! Welcome back Nico and funnygrace.

Xenon - congrats on O. We have another chart to stalk!

Kat - great to see you back! I hope you are doing well these days.

Dee - that was quite a bargain you got there. I hope everything arrives in time to be put to good use.

To answer about how hubby reacted. Well, I was so surprised that it was positive (not sure why, I had been feeling a little ikky all week, but I was), that when I walked out of the bathroom, he new right away. He got a big grin on his face and kissed my belly. Very cute. Then, at work, I got an email containing a photo with a small bouquet of pink and blue flowers and a bunch of magnets, which I thought was very funny. Last night before bed, he said goodnight and then said goodnight to our little bean. 'Twas very cute.
#29 of 445 Old 02-02-2007, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
To answer about how hubby reacted. Well, I was so surprised that it was positive (not sure why, I had been feeling a little ikky all week, but I was), that when I walked out of the bathroom, he new right away. He got a big grin on his face and kissed my belly. Very cute. Then, at work, I got an email containing a photo with a small bouquet of pink and blue flowers and a bunch of magnets, which I thought was very funny. Last night before bed, he said goodnight and then said goodnight to our little bean. 'Twas very cute.
too cute

#30 of 445 Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
I had a nice temperature rise this morning, and together with the OPKs, it looks like yesterday was O-day. So now I wait...
There has been so much action, I missed this part. Congrats on O. : Are you feeling good about your timing?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page