TTC 12+ months February - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 272 Old 02-14-2007, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok - I need CHART STALKERS!!!! Hows it looking? Am I ovulating? Cm is creamy/watery - there was a lot of it earlier today, but not much now. Cervix position is as close to HSO as it's ever been - its that "sticking your finger in a warm bowl of jello" feelin - hard to truely discern my CP from that. BUT - opk's aren't technically +. the 2nd line today (internet cheapies) isn't as dark as the test line, although darker than yesterday, but I've never had a darker line than the test line, ust about as-dark-as the test line. So I call tomorrow for my IUI? Wait until Friday? Help!! I just warned DH that he may have to do the deed in the bathroom at work tomorrow.
#62 of 272 Old 02-14-2007, 09:38 PM

the more I think about due dates.. I think I'm gonna skip out on catching the egg (providing there is one) this month

my moms bday (11-18) will be too close to the babes.. and it will give me a reason to have to talk to her... I dont want to!

*sigh* what would you do?

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#63 of 272 Old 02-14-2007, 09:39 PM

ity.. i think youre oing!!!! yay!

I dare you to dtd in the bathroom

#64 of 272 Old 02-14-2007, 11:29 PM

Ity--How exciting! I think you should call for the IUI tomorrow. I know I O'd last month, and I never got a line darker than the ref line. I think it depends on when during the day you test and liquid intake, etc.

lesliesara--Congrats on the simple IUI--fast and effective! Awesome!

So, I'm joining you ladies this week in IUI-World. Ity, I'm having the same second guessing about timing that Ity is. I'm pretty sure we should do it either tomorrow night or Friday morning. But it is so different planning the IUI... One must be more... accurate. I think those spun sperm live like... 10 hours? Oh, no, it looks like they live longer but might keep swimming beyond the fallopian tube? Looks like they should be introduced within 6-12 hours of ovulation. Oh... I don't know.... My opk line is getting darker, but I don't think it is as dark as it will be tomorrow. And I got another "high" on my monitor this morning--not peak yet. So I think the "peak" will come tomorrow and then we should probably do the insem Friday morning. Yipee! Lots of royal jelly this month and my ovary is definitely working on a big one... I feel it now. Ocean--we still are planning to do it ourselves. I was nervous about it, but I'm feeling more comfortable and really excited about the baby that is coming to be loved by us.

Happy be-lated b-day Fola! Thanks for always chiming in with such positive posts!

Hi Hezzy--Good luck with sperm-meets-egg this month!

Pampered_mom--Lots of hugs to you. I hope this new cycle is treating you well and that is a lucky one for you!

fibre_artist--You must be a fiber artist. Nifty! I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

(okay, I may be over !ing here... goodness. The exuberence!)
#65 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 AM

Ity it looks like things are happening! Timing an iui by OPK's totally confuses me. I mean I can get a +OPK for nearly three days! I'd call and talk to them tomorrow. Why does your dh have to do it in the bathroom? Will the iui be in the morning? Can't he just stay at home do his thing and then do the "sperm drop" as we call it at the dr's office. Mike had to drop his off at 9AM. He could have been back at work by 9:30 if he hadn't stayed with me. Let us know what you end up doing.

funnygrace how are you doing the iui at home? Are you doing a vaginal insemination or an iui? Doesn't the sperm have to be spun for an iui. Hopefully we're leading up to a string of BFP's this month!

I just downloaded this and am hoping it will help me chill out for the next 10-12 days. I really wish I had found it sooner. I did a lot of hypnosis stuff when I was pg before and loved it.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#66 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Ity it looks like things are happening! Timing an iui by OPK's totally confuses me. I mean I can get a +OPK for nearly three days! I'd call and talk to them tomorrow. Why does your dh have to do it in the bathroom? Will the iui be in the morning? Can't he just stay at home do his thing and then do the "sperm drop" as we call it at the dr's office. Mike had to drop his off at 9AM. He could have been back at work by 9:30 if he hadn't stayed with me. Let us know what you end up doing.

funnygrace how are you doing the iui at home? Are you doing a vaginal insemination or an iui? Doesn't the sperm have to be spun for an iui. Hopefully we're leading up to a string of BFP's this month!

I just downloaded this and am hoping it will help me chill out for the next 10-12 days. I really wish I had found it sooner. I did a lot of hypnosis stuff when I was pg before and loved it.
Leslie - DH would be doing it at work because he works in the hospitol where my OB's office is He also has funky hours, he goes in for 7am, so he'll be doing it inthe bathroom at work. This amuses me greatly because I have a weird sense of humor.

I'm not going strictly by OPK's, I have the temp dip and rise, HSO cp, creamey and watery CM and pinchy cramps.... I'm ovulating. The opk was really just a backup reference.
#67 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
Leslie - DH would be doing it at work because he works in the hospitol where my OB's office is He also has funky hours, he goes in for 7am, so he'll be doing it inthe bathroom at work. This amuses me greatly because I have a weird sense of humor.

I'm not going strictly by OPK's, I have the temp dip and rise, HSO cp, creamey and watery CM and pinchy cramps.... I'm ovulating. The opk was really just a backup reference.
Barbara if you can't laugh about some of the crazy things that happen along the way you might just go bonkers! You should hear the dumb things we've been laughing at. Wish your dh luck for me & catch that egg!!!

#68 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 PM

Ity speaking of laughing at husbands listen to this story about my co-worker. They have been ttc for 12 mths and are just starting things. Her dh has to do his sample but they are in the process of moving to her mothers while they build. She wanted him to do it there since they were staying over one night. Still had their house at this point. The funny part is that she has three teenage sisters who would be getting ready for school. She was laughing at him but in the end he did it at home before they moved. I thought she was being mean to him. She fully intended to tell her sisters when he was done!

#69 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Yep it was the iui and I didn't feel a thing. He had two catheters that were different sizes and the first one he tried went in and I never felt it. I know there are things you can take to up sperm count but it takes about 3 mths to see results. If you can search some of Adina's posts I remember reading about the supplements her dh was taking. I thought Mike's count was a little on the lower side of normal because when he had his initial count done it was 37 million/ml. Maybe today it was 150 total and she didn't split it into the /ml. You must be so frustrated with the lack of monitoring. I was annoyed that I wasn't getting a 2nd u/s to check follicle size. Hope you bought cheap OPK's since you're needing so many of them. I'll be keeping an eye on your chart. Good luck staying relaxed this week, I was a nutcase all weekend.

You didn't feel a thing? The catheter didn't hurt, but the cramping after the Dr left, when I was doing the "lay still with my knees up for 15 minutes" thing was AWFUL! Far worse than the HSG, intensely painful cramps, and at one point I came *very* close to puking. DH was so cute, scrambling for something for me to puke in just in case I couldn't squelch it.
#70 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 03:08 PM

Itybty--I'm sorry it hurt. Did the Dr. say that was normal? Almost-puking hurt--that's no good. How are you feeling now? Did the cramping subside? Now I'm a little nervous. But Congratulations! Lots of

lesliesara--We are having the sperm spun and will do iui. Now I'm just nervous that I'll O today. Please, ovaries, time it for tomorrow!
#71 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

My OB made the understatement of the year "You'll probably feel a little bit of cramping after, it's perfectly normal" Ha! HA! HA HA HA! It was only really bad for like, 10 minutes or so, then got to bad but fairly tolerable (Felt kinda like I really really really had to poop, to be quite honest) and is now just regular old period-y cramps. I might take some Tylenol in a bit if it doesn't stop soon. I'm sooo sorry I made you nervous - it's not an unbearable pain, and truth be told, my reaction to tummy-area pain is always a pukey feeling, so it may just be me. That said, had I known, I'd have taken some Aleve or Tylenol before I left the house, like with the HSG.
#72 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Ity I'm so sorry that it was so painful. Do you have a heating pad? I'd definitely break out the tylenol if it continues. I'm glad to hear that your dh stayed with you.....its practice for the real deal. Hopefully this is the start of oh maybe 8 weeks of nausea. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Funnygrace good luck keeping that egg in until tomorrow! Looks like we're all going to be going crazy together for the next two weeks.

Anybody have some good ideas of how to occupy ourselves?

#73 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 04:47 PM

: lesliesara, Ity & funnygrace!! I am so excited for all of you!! :

I wish I had a good coping strategy (staying away from the computer is usually good but so hard to do)!

everybody!!

My repeat u/s showed a strong, healthy heartbeat!

lots of

#74 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 07:08 PM

angel1895--I forgot to reply to you before because I was too excited about the iui news from Ity and trying to time my own. But I would say that I wouldn't avoid ttc now if it put the dd near the birthday of someone I was having trouble with. You never know what that will mean. Maybe being in contact will be a neutral thing. Maybe you won't have any more reason to contact her than if the bday was in December. It doesn't have to be a thing. Imagine that you were pregnant now with a baby due around then.... I bet that's mostly an overwhelmingly exciting feeling. That's just my opinion. That said, taking a break can be relaxing. I took one last November/December and it felt great.
#75 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 07:35 PM

I just got finished posting on the 6+ months that no one else could take a break (I was only kidding)

thanks for responding back... it is terribly exciting what everyone is doing! (yay!!!)

its a long long story with my mother.. but its been nearly a year since I've talked to her. and i really think its better this way... I just feel torn up about it and I dont have the words to explain what I mean right now.. but I'll get back to you (thank you)

#76 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM

Your IUI timing descriptions are worrying me - I never got even halfway dark on OPKs (internet cheapies), even not drinking much and testing twice a day, and while my charts look great from a distance (of say 1.5 weeks... ), trying to pinpoint the exact day as it's happening is next to impossible (slow rise, and my EWCM turns to cooked-EW to creamy in about 48 hours...). I get EW for 3-5 days beforehand, and O generally between CD23 and CD28, but have gone as early as CD17 (once!!)... Am I screwed?
#77 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

I dont get really dark OPK's either, I go more my CM and CP than anything else.
#78 of 272 Old 02-15-2007, 10:55 PM

Hi all,

Ity and Lesliesara63 this is so exciting... I really hope this is your month :

beemama - Excellent News!!!! Lots of good thoughts for you and your little munchkin.

fibre_artist: OPk's never really worked for me either... My temp, CM & CP worked better. For the last 3 months we have been using a monitor and that seems to be more accurate. Altough it's really crazy $$$$.

update: Finally had my appt. with my ob. I never thought there would be this many tests out there. But we are thinking positive and are going to try and go through them in short order. BTW, how badly does the hsg hurt? (I am a real suck for pain) I o'd yesterday so we are officially back to the manic 2ww. Not holding out much hope we are all recovering from the flu.

lots of , luck and positve thoughts to all.
#79 of 272 Old 02-16-2007, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by booja's mom View Post
Hi all,

Ity and Lesliesara63 this is so exciting... I really hope this is your month :

update: Finally had my appt. with my ob. I never thought there would be this many tests out there. But we are thinking positive and are going to try and go through them in short order. BTW, how badly does the hsg hurt? (I am a real suck for pain) I o'd yesterday so we are officially back to the manic 2ww. Not holding out much hope we are all recovering from the flu.

lots of , luck and positve thoughts to all.
Thanks! I'm prayin my butt off over here.

FWIW - I found the IUI to my 100 times more painful than the HSG. HSG was mild cramping for a couple of hours, and while there was some big time pinchy feelings during the actual test, it was nothing I couldn't handle, although I did say OW a few times, it wasn't major pain. I do think you should take some Motrin or Aleve before the HSG though, it's supposed to help with the pain, and it worked for me.
#80 of 272 Old 02-16-2007, 01:17 AM

Crystal I wouldn't take a break unless that is what you need. Given how long you waited for AF, I'd go for it. I'm really sorry things are so bad between you and your mother. I'm pretty annoyed with my parents these days & it sucks, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling

Fibre Artist I guess you should discuss all of those things with your RE/OB to come up with a plan. There is a clinic about two hours from me that does daily blood work to time IUI's! Seems like a lot but it must work out. My best O indicator is cervical position. My CM seems like it dries up before O happens.

Hi Clara! Glad you had your appt. My HSG was a little uncomfortable followed by mild cramping for a few hours. It might have been worse but I dosed up on Advil and took my heating pad to bed. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Ity I talked with my sister tonight who had several IUI's in the past. She said that one in particular was pretty painful and mentioned that for some people it is more painful to have something go through their cervix. That might be why mind didn't hurt too much. Mine is always a little open since having laser surgery & a baby. I hope you're feeling better this evening & your dh is taking good care of you.

Kelly that is awesome news! I'm so glad the u/s went well - when is your due date? October? Please make sure to come back and update us.

Any other lurkers out there? Grads? We could use some success stories now!

#81 of 272 Old 02-16-2007, 04:00 PM

Insem complete! No cramping. Timing would probably have been better yesterday evening, but I think I ovulated overnight--lots of O cramping around 10pm. So if the egg lives 12-24, we could be good. Conception could be happening right now. I feel like sitting in the sun a little.
#82 of 272 Old 02-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Yeah funnygrace!!!! I was just coming on to see how it went. Three of us in one week.......we should all be crazy soon! Glad everything was good.

What is everyone else up to? I'm not too busy at work so I'm FTD!

#83 of 272 Old 02-17-2007, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmm - I'm a little worried now, I'm still having some (very) mild cramping, and all day yesterday I continued to have cramping. Nothing bad once i got home, more like routine AF cramping though... should I be worried?

Anyway...

Yay! FunnyGrace! That makes 3 of us, which means that odds are good that one of us is pregnant right now! : :
#84 of 272 Old 02-17-2007, 01:30 AM

Ity--I'd call your dr. on Monday if you are still cramping. But a bit of activity in there doesn't seem like it has to be bad. It turns out that I had a few mild crampy feelings about 2 hours after. No real pain, but it definitely felt like something.

Yes! I think at least one of us is preg! Nice thought. I figure we knocked out at least 3 to 4 possible barriers to pregnancy with the iui. Of course now there are just... well... nevermind. I'll stay positive. November babies all around!
#85 of 272 Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Hello everyone

Glad to hear that everything is going on well with everyone.

I'm CD1 today. I thank God for the end of this long cycle. Here is me :bouncing to the new cycle.

Wishing and praying for everyone.

#86 of 272 Old 02-17-2007, 05:01 PM

Yeah Fola! I'd be sooo relieved after that long cycle too! And congrats to all the recent IUIers - fingers crossed!!

I did it. I called on Monday and got an early morning HSG appointment yesterday... I only took one extra-strength Tylenol, and I think that might have been a mistake (I'm pretty sensitive to meds, so I didn't want to overdo it - forgetting that I'm also really sensitive to pain!). From what I've read of others experiences, there seems to be two responses - those who just get the crampy-pinchy pains (I describe them as moderate cramps - enough I had to breathe through, but they waited until the cramp passed to continue), and then those who get the yelling/screaming/swearing pain. I only had the former for the first half of the test - even got to see the fluid cleanly passing through my left tube, no troubles. Then came the blinding pain (ok, so it was only blinding because I had my eyes screwed shut ) - I yelled. For about 90 seconds. Everyone was very supportive though, and it was over quickly. I took another tylenol and had nothing besides minor menstral-cramp like pain the rest of the day - actually it was weird, because the outside bits didn't hurt at all, and normally they do for me during AF . There's a chance that the pain was actually the contrast fluid clearing out the obstruction in the right tube, but I won't know the results for another week and a half.

I hope, in my need to report, I didn't scare you booja's mom!!!! I certainly don't want to do it again, but it was short, and I don't think it was over-the-top excessive - I just happen to be very sensitive!
#87 of 272 Old 02-17-2007, 05:53 PM

Hurray for the November Babes!!!!!!!: : :

fibre_artist - Thanks for the report.. You didn't scare me but I am definately loading up on the tylenol.

to all this weekend.
#88 of 272 Old 02-17-2007, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Wow Fibre - I'm sorry to hear that you had a blockage - and I'm glad to hear it wasn't anything you couldn't handle. How here's a whole mess of Because they say the few cycles following the HSG are very fertile, so GIO lots and lots! :

Booja - I wouldn't worry about the HSG too much, it seems to me that the women who report pain beyond just cramping are those who had blockages. : that you aren't blocked anywhere and that you get really good results.
#89 of 272 Old 02-17-2007, 08:49 PM

Funnygrace !!! : a bundle of cells, floating, dividing :

I am excited for all the IUIers ! Expecting a big rush of bfps in the next couple of weeks (from both IUIers and non-IUIers that is)
#90 of 272 Old 02-17-2007, 10:22 PM

Ocean--Talk about gio! You've got your bases covered... and your chart looks good.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page