TTC 12+ months February - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
Hello everyone! I am here because it is time to move on to a thread where I can relate with everyone even better. I am having a hard time with the 6+ thread where newbies come along and pop onto the graduates list right away. I am sorry if that is selfish, but I oh well.
lily thanks for saying that... cause I've been holding that in since january...
it makes me so frustrated that so many of us have been trying for soooo long and it comes so easily for others...

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#122 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 03:58 PM

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Teneal, and I'm in the last few days of my 11th month TTC'ing. I'll either get a BFP or be in month 12 um in about 3 days. Just wanted to say hello and join the club. Some of you I know already and some of you I will be new to, but I'm here to be supportive and friendly.......

Hi Lily, Ity, Ocean, Funny, and some others!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#123 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
yay chocolate....

I have nothing to say.... does anyone want a kid? I'll offer him up real cheap
Don't tempt me, he's adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Ity if you could add me too, I'm ready to move as well.
Added

Quote:
Hello everyone! I am here because it is time to move on to a thread where I can relate with everyone even better. I am having a hard time with the 6+ thread where newbies come along and pop onto the graduates list right away. I am sorry if that is selfish, but I oh well. I just finished reading this entire thread, trying to get to know all of you, because the knowing is what is the most helpful thing about TTC. I have really appreciated the support of all of these women who feel the same way. I have been seriously TTC for a little over one year, with many additional years using no form of protection. I am 38, so time seems to be of the essence (so I am told, and which is now becoming apparent). I am so not ready to be done with mothering babies. I am now wondering what to do, as I am going to be starting my fourth round of Clomid. I have no coverage for infertility treatments, and even if I did, I don't think dh would be willing to undergo IVF. So I really don't know what other options there are. I am thinking maybe I should do an HSG this month, but I am afraid if the results show I am blocked, there is nothing I could do about it anyway so what is the reason for finding out? Anyone know if that is true? I know it can help "unblock" sometimes. I may give that a try. Anyway, hoping all my close friends at 6+ thread will move over here with me so we can all stay together.

Ity, I feel like a fraud, seriously! MY necklace fell off my neck this morning (because I sleep in it). I thought that was just the icing on my temp drop cake. Every time AF shows I feel like throwing my necklace at a wall.

I find it so upsetting getting to this point (after three trials of Clomid, feeling like I may be calling it quits soon) that I have put so much on hold. I feel like even though life is going by, emotionally I have not been here. I have been in the secret "TTC underworld" or something. I am so trying to change that feeling and live at the same time. Still trying to coordinate that somehow...
Lily - I would go ahead and do the HSG. It's not horribly painful, and if you have a block, and it can unblock it, then you can have the answer to one of the many Why's that surrounds TTC.

You aren't a fraud - even if my necklace doesn't help my concieve, it's become my talisman, something I wear daily, sleep in, and only remove to shower. I fidget with it when I'm worried, or stressed, or upset or sad... it helps to keep my mind off of things, and something so tiny and small just sometimes reminds me that things arent stagnant, that they are moving forward. I need that reassurance.

Quote:
lily thanks for saying that... cause I've been holding that in since january...
it makes me so frustrated that so many of us have been trying for soooo long and it comes so easily for others...
I feel the same way, I'm trying not to, but it sneaks in. Sometimes I feel like a big fat phony when I'm typing out things like "Oh yay! Congrats!" and while I'm typing I'm crying and upset because I feel lilke I'm a bridesmaid yet again, and never gonna be a bride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Teneal, and I'm in the last few days of my 11th month TTC'ing. I'll either get a BFP or be in month 12 um in about 3 days. Just wanted to say hello and join the club. Some of you I know already and some of you I will be new to, but I'm here to be supportive and friendly.......

Howdy stranger! Welcome to the 12+ months club! :
#124 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 04:14 PM

watch out ladies... the 6+ monthers are taking over

#125 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 04:39 PM

oh I forgot, Can I be added please Ity???

Thank you!

#126 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Yay, I am so happy about that!
#127 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 PM

Good thing I feel a bit better, because it looks like this thread is going to start to move FAST!

Hello to all of the 6+-monthers!

I'll have to set aside time to catch up later, but
#128 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 05:55 PM

Wow, where did those 3 pages come from?? Welcome to the 6+'s, I'm both glad and sorry you are here

I seem to have really lucked out on the pressure side - we were both in school up until a year ago, so we were surrounded by young, carefree types, and those delaying as much as possible in order to get careers sorted first. My parents are totally not the type to bring anything like this up, and his parents at least have one set of grandkids (and I make DH do most of the talking with them). We aren't in a very good financial spot right now either, so when some friends ask, they ask in the philosophical "are you open to the idea of having kids someday" rather than "why don't you have them now" kind of way. I do have a handful of friends who've had kids recently that kinda hits me in the gut, but it's not like we get much chance to see them anyway.

Last testing results: thyroid numbers a little low again (I knew that symptom wise, I'll just up my meds that were decreased last summer!), progesterone at 56 unmedicated!!! and the HSG showed the left tube clear (which I saw) and the right tube "probably" clear, but that it was confusing because of a 'draining vein' (anyone know what that is?). So all in all, pretty darned good. Funny how I assumed everything was fine before I went in, but must have gotten worried in between, because I'm so happy about the results now - all the more reason to refuse a lot of prenatal testing if I get that far
#129 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 07:46 PM

Oh goodness, I really hoped it wouldn't come to this thread, but I guess I should face up to the fact that it's been over a year. I've been staying over on the 6+ thread hoping that I'd be able to go to a ddc... But Lily and Ocean and Crystal have convinced me. Especially lily's comment on the newbies getting moved straight away. I really don't like when that happens.

Anyway (sorry, I can ramble on...), I'm Christy and I'm 30. My DH is 35 and we've been ttc #1 since well... we really started to try in Feb 06 but I was off the bc pills in Nov 05. So, depending on how you count, it's been 14 or 16 months. Either one works for me, since they're both waaaay to long. We're up to clomid (100mg) although my DH has never had a SA. Since I haven't ovulated (until recently) my doc figured there was little point in doing that (because getting my DH into a doctor's office for anything will require the grace of God himself).

After my lovely message today, I am working on reminding myself that I have passed every test I have ever been given and this is a test for sure. Some how I'll find a way to get through this and be that much stronger for it on the other side.

Anyways... Barbara, can you add me to the list please?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#130 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 07:59 PM

Christy I'm so glad the message was meaningful for you - I was hoping it would be. I read mine every day and it still give me goosebumps and a little cry every time. Ity what did you think if yours?

I'm really glad we're all over here now, it feels like a new start in a new place with familiar faces (and some new! )

fibre_artist what symptoms do you have from low thyroid? I had mine tested today because I suspected some of what I've been feeling is related to that but my dr didn't think it would be, curious to hear how low thyroid has affected you.
#131 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 09:04 PM

Okay, I have stopped in and said hello here before, but I found keeping up with both this and the 6+ thread cumbersome... well, most of my 6+ friends are coming here, so here I am again...

As a reminder- we went off bc Dec 05, but REALLY started focusing on ttc April 06... I was hoping to just get pg (like they said would happen in sex-ed... ). As of now, I'm taking a ton of supplements, including soy as clomid, but you can see them all on my chart.

I am hopeful now, in a way I have not been, that I will be pg soon. I have systematically done everything needed to diagnose and treat the little problems I've been having... I will be in a ddc soon!

I add my support to the irritation over newbies leaving so soon- but isn't that what we always tell them we want for them? We always say "may you leave us soon!" but I don't think we really mean that... I think we really mean "I hope your stay is short, but I've been trying longer, so I hope I go soon!"

Here's hoping we ALL leave soon!!!

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#132 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibre_artist View Post
Wow, where did those 3 pages come from?? Welcome to the 6+'s, I'm both glad and sorry you are here
There's been a small invasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarieR View Post
I add my support to the irritation over newbies leaving so soon- but isn't that what we always tell them we want for them? We always say "may you leave us soon!" but I don't think we really mean that... I think we really mean "I hope your stay is short, but I've been trying longer, so I hope I go soon!"
Ya know, I genuinely wish noobs well, and I *want* everybody to get their BFP asap, so I mean it when I say welcome and stay as short as possible, but at the same time it's this little knifetwist everytime I hear someone complaining about how "it's taking soooo long to concieve" only to find out it's been a whopping 3 months. :

Sarah - I got my message, and I just lost it. I cried for about half an hour, and then I tried to go to the store, and cried all teh way there, and had to spend 5 minutes composing myself in the car before I could go in. She just hit the nail so right on the head, I'm an incredibly angry person lately. I'm mad at TTC, I'm mad at myself, I'm mad at my OB, I'm just angry at everyone and everything lately, and I honestly don't know how to stop. My message said to let go of it, but... I don't know how. :
#133 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
Ya know, I genuinely wish noobs well, and I *want* everybody to get their BFP asap, so I mean it when I say welcome and stay as short as possible, but at the same time it's this little knifetwist everytime I hear someone complaining about how "it's taking soooo long to concieve" only to find out it's been a whopping 3 months. :
I feel the same way... a woman at church told me the other day that she had had a difficult time getting pg. I asked for details, and she said she had endo for four years... I felt bad for her, but then she pointed out that she was on bc the whole time she had endo, and she was only off bc and trying for two freaking months!!!!! It took all I had to not slap her...

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

#134 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
There's been a small invasion.

I'm just angry at everyone and everything lately, and I honestly don't know how to stop. My message said to let go of it, but... I don't know how. :
I just wanted to say that this echos exactly what I am going through... I think I pissed off the cosmos way to much in my old life and that my punishment is this ttc hell.... Actually its really affecting all aspects of my life inc. my marriage so I really wonder if it's worth it. I have a beautifull child should i not be happy with that...

But on a lighter not... Welcome to the invaders May you all get your bfp soon....

Lilly - We are using the clearblue easy monitor which is done through urine tests. I just found the BBT was no accurate at all. and the monitor is has been in tune with my CM and CP.

Anyhoooo.... Sorry to be a downer it's been a really bad week.... Hope you all have a great weekend.
#135 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I'm an incredibly angry person lately. I'm mad at TTC, I'm mad at myself, I'm mad at my OB, I'm just angry at everyone and everything lately, and I honestly don't know how to stop. My message said to let go of it, but... I don't know how. :
I feel like this a lot lately too, mad at the m/c mad at myself mad at my brother and his wife for telling me that they were expecting right after the m/c. I'm working really really hard at not being this way but sometimes it's just not possible. I'm sorry, I wish I knew the secret to letting the anger go.
#136 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 10:16 PM

What is this message you all speak of and how do I get involved in this??? I love stuff like this, and well don't want to be left out. Sorry is that sad.......

Ok, crampy now and not feeling that this is going to be the month. FF is predicting AF on Sunday so we'll see. I'll use another internet cheapie tomo and an FRER on Sunday....who knows what'll happen.

#137 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 10:19 PM

Follow the link in my sig Teneal. Sorry you're cramping, I'm still hopeful for you.
#138 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Ity if you could add me too, I'm ready to move as well.
Quote:
Hello everyone! I am here because it is time to move on to a thread where I can relate with everyone even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
Oh goodness, I really hoped it wouldn't come to this thread, but I guess I should face up to the fact that it's been over a year. I've been staying over on the 6+ thread hoping that I'd be able to go to a ddc... But Lily and Ocean and Crystal have convinced me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarieR View Post
Okay, I have stopped in and said hello here before, but I found keeping up with both this and the 6+ thread cumbersome... well, most of my 6+ friends are coming here, so here I am again...

Quote:

: :nana: : : laughup : : : : :

Oh, welcome, welcome my friends. You have made this my happiest cd 1 in such a long time. If we have to be here I am so glad we are together, all of us
I truly, truly wish each and every one of you get the newbie luck and be the one to come and go so quickly this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post
Ocean & Lily I am definitely understanding how you're feeling today. Trying to be positive but with signs of PMS and a BFN at 10dpiui, I'm just not feeling the most confident today. Break out the chocolate ladies! Hopefully we'll get some unexpected surprises!
Leslie, I have the chocolate out here (seriously !) but there is no way I would give up hope on you yet at 10 dpiui.... I think the percentage of charts with a + on 10 dpo or earlier is very small (like less than 10 % of all +'s, I believe I read that on FF).

Funnygrace I am so glad you are feeling better. What a time to be sick. : any testing plans yet ?

Booja, sorry to hear it's been a tough week. Mercury is in retrograde right now, I don't know if you believe in that stuff but it is what I have been blaming everything on. I hope this weekend kicks off a positive trend for you

Fibre Artist I am glad to hear your tests went well and gave you good info. Sometimes the HSG itself helps fertility so : GL to you !

Yeah it looks like cd1 here. I am really just numb about it all, I am still processing it right now. I feel like I have just thrown my hands up in the air, like I don't know anymore.

I can totally commiserate with everyone on the feeling we can have seeing a "newbie" come and go so fast, not on any particular thread even just in the forum. *sigh* It's all very unfair, it feels terrible because not only do you have the bad feelings but then you feel guilty just for having them !
I said out loud the other day to myself "you know, there are enough babies for everyone", trying to remind myself that just because someone else finally gets their BFP, it doesn't mean ours will take longer. It's just what it is, I have a hard time understanding how it comes to be this way, but it is.

I have got to go see the messages you all got (for those who don't know what that is about see the link in sarah's sig or I have it here too http://www.mothering.com/discussions...&postcount=127 )
that thread is really neat, and Amris is a really special person.
#139 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
I have got to go see the messages you all got (for those who don't know what that is about see the link in sarah's sig or I have it here too http://www.mothering.com/discussions...&postcount=127 )
that thread is really neat, and Amris is a really special person.
HERE is mine. It really hit me hard. What I'm trying to puzzle out is, what exactly is Amris's gift? Where does she get this from? what or who s she talking to? Does anyone know? Would she be considered psychic? I"m just trying to figure her out.
#140 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmommy View Post
I said out loud the other day to myself "you know, there are enough babies for everyone", trying to remind myself that just because someone else finally gets their BFP, it doesn't mean ours will take longer. It's just what it is, I have a hard time understanding how it comes to be this way, but it is.
This is a way of thinking about it that I'm trying to practice too, just because someone else has something doesn't mean I won't also have that thing, it's abundance that I'm trying to concentrate on. I even feel bad sometimes that if I have something (like if I get pregnant) that I'm taking that away from someone else. I definitely takes practice to think of it the other way around.

Ity I'm not sure but some of the original posts started in one of the LOA threads on valentines day, I'll see if I can find it.
#141 of 272 Old 02-23-2007, 11:57 PM

Yeah it looks like cd1 here. I am really just numb about it all, I am still processing it right now. I feel like I have just thrown my hands up in the air, like I don't know anymore.

I am so sorry ocean. I really thought this was going to be your month. Enjoy your dd's b-day and hopefully your company without worrying about timing etc.

Welcome to all the newcomers. It will be nice to have some new voices around here. I think you'll find that this thread has slow/fast times depending on how everyone is doing. Sometimes it gets slow when the members are having a hard time and need to focus on RL in order to re-group. I myself am never successful in staying away from the internet

Tonight I went shopping for a dress which was next to impossible! There is hardly anything available and what there is, is intended for prom not a country club! The worst part is that I've been really emotional today. Feeling like I'm about to loose it all day and shopping nearly did me in. Thank god dh just went to bed when I got home and left me alone. I had a bath and listened to my infertility mediation which helped a lot. When I got out of the tub a local Hypnobirthing instructor returned my call. I wanted to buy a new cd because I love their birth affirmations. It was really nice to talk to someone who shares my views on natural & gentle childbirth. Anyways it really brought me back to earth & kept me away from a bottle of wine!!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#142 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 12:49 PM

Good morning all!

I am starting my fourth round of clomid tonight. oooh fun. My doctor said she didn't originally suggest an HSG for me because I have already had two kids. She said if I wanted one, I could but if the tubes were blocked, that would mean either surgery (which I would think would not be covered) or IVF (which definitely isn't covered). So I think I will not have the HSG since I can't move on to those choices anyway. I guess I will try clomid and then just have a baby! Okay?

Hope everyone has a nice day.
#143 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 12:55 PM

Ity and Tenk your temps are lookin' good! Christy, whoohooo ++ GIO!
#144 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 12:56 PM

leslie, ocean and lily chocolate all around

Ity I'm glad to see your temp went back up a bit today, how are you feeling? Did you check your jar today?

Tenk your temps are looking good too, maybe you won't make it to 12 months after all!

Christy I hope your opk's are right and your temp goes up up up

I have nothing new to report this morning (do I ever?) but I do feel very much like a weight has lifted for me the last couple of days. I have a plan! I have something to look forward to! I'm just so relieved that I don't have to wait indefinitely for something to happen, I guess that's me the control freak. I feel like I can concentrate on other things for a couple of weeks at least now that I know I have the clomid in my toolkit for next cycle. I'm not even considering the possibility that it won't work at this point, maybe not the first cycle but I'm staying positive about it overall.

#145 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 01:10 PM

leslie... sorry for af... that sucks

and I know what its like shopping for dresses.. Im short.. and obese.. and its very hard to find things that fit decent and arent too "flashy"

I had to discard my temp this morning... and when I discarded it, its so low the dot isnt even showing on the chart.. I guess I was breathing through my mouth or something.. who knows

#146 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 01:12 PM

How low was it Crystal?
#147 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 01:14 PM

96.4 my temps have been so wierd lately I'm not surprised.. but still.. its low

#148 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 01:24 PM

Leslie didn't start AF, she was just quoting Ocean, I think Leslie is still in the runnin'! Go Leslie! :
#149 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Leslie didn't start AF, she was just quoting Ocean
Ack! Apologies, : and your temps are looking great too!
#150 of 272 Old 02-24-2007, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Aww Leslie - I'm sorry to hear that it's CD1.
As far as dress shopping, have you seen this place? I bookmarked it a while ago, it's kinda pricey, but they have pretty dresses.

Lily - why does your Dr think a 4th round will work, and mine is adamantly opposed to trying more than 3 rounds? I guess thats just reason #4757636 why my OB sucks, huh? : :

Quote:
Ity I'm glad to see your temp went back up a bit today, how are you feeling? Did you check your jar today?

I have nothing new to report this morning (do I ever?) but I do feel very much like a weight has lifted for me the last couple of days. I have a plan! I have something to look forward to! I'm just so relieved that I don't have to wait indefinitely for something to happen, I guess that's me the control freak. I feel like I can concentrate on other things for a couple of weeks at least now that I know I have the clomid in my toolkit for next cycle. I'm not even considering the possibility that it won't work at this point, maybe not the first cycle but I'm staying positive about it overall.
Sarah - I think my temp went back up, but I'm not wuite sure about it.See, I sleep like the dead. I think I temped this morning while still mostly sleeping, cause my thermometer remembers the last temp taken, and the number on it when I woke up at (very late, very-very late: ) was a different temp than yesterdays temp, so I think I temped, cause somebody temped between my yesterday morning temp and my today temp. so I *think* thats my temp, but I don't quite remember taking my temp. (I've also been know to hold entire conversations while asleep, only to wake up to be told what I was saying. DH finds this highly amusing - so when he gets up at 5:30 for work, he likes to ask me stuff, and try to hold me to my answers later when he gets home from work. )

I'm a bit of a control freak too - so I hate the "sit back and keep trying approach" I'm also an impatient control freak, so I need to be DOING something, anything, even if its just obsessing and staring at my chart, or I'll go nutty.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page