TTC 12+ months February - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2007, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i also wanted to mention to those of you who thought you got the wrong message from amris...in mine she mentioned the child i have and how half the dna is from his father, etc....and not to but rude, but i don't have a child...so i don't think my message was meant for me either.

mom to 2 pooches, one wild and awesome little boy kid.gif who joined our family through the miracle of adoption, and expecting 2 miracle babies in spring 2013 after 7 years of ttc!belly.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibre_artist View Post
'k, I'm not sure about the meds you posted specifically - but I was under the impression that you won't be sharing such things with an embryo for a little while - first it takes about a week to implant, and then it's just grabbing what's there in the uterine lining and going on it's happy dividing way - I don't know how long it takes before there's a true umbilical cord sharing what you consume... But most women don't know they are pg until several days after AF is due, during which time they drink, etc, and most babies are just fine. It's only folic acid they insist you take beforehand.
I was under the impression that we don't quite know exactly when everything takes place- that is why they say to stop all bad habits a few months before you ttc... also, it isn't known how long certain chemicals stay in your system.

I've pretty much made up my mind to not take anything other than the decongestant until O, and some tylenol for swelling, just in case

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in!

~Valarie~

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

Old 02-27-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coome View Post
valarie~isn't it irritating how docs practically shove drugs down for us?! too many pill pushers out there! glad i inspired you...i love therapy so much...what a great place to go get it out without worrying what anyone else thinks. i've never felt so "normal" as i have since i started, i'm a HUGE therapy advocate!
I know! I even told the guy I am ttc, and he said I should just wait a month... I pointed out that I have been waiting for more than 12 months! He didn't seem to care at all...:

And as far as therapy- I feel everyone should have a completely non-involved person to whom they can tell everything without fear of judgment.

~Valarie~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

Old 02-27-2007, 09:55 PM

I haven't yet caught up on all the latest replies but I wanted to post this soon since I know Valarie is miserable right now

I've had fantastic luck with treating ear infections by soaking a piece of cotton in warm olive oil and sticking that in my ear for several hours, preferably overnight. It feels icky at first, but for me, all but one time, the pain was almost completely gone by the next morning with no other drugs besides maybe a tylenol. From what I've heard olive oil has natural antibiotic properties which is why it works so well. I don't know exactly why and all the details, I've just been happy it's worked for me so quickly and saved me from having to take meds!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:19 PM

for teneal and valarie.

to everyone.. I'm just not in the mood to catch up right now

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 AM

Valerie - sorry about the ear infection. That must stink. FWIW, I can't see where the antibiotics would hurt anything. I've heard plenty of stories (and know somebody personally) who got pregnant while taking antibiotics (who were also on bc pills, but that's a different story) and nobody seemed worried about it.

Crystal - sorry your down

Teneal - I'm sorry

My mantra for the night: my temp will keep going up, my temp will keep going up (cause that little baby is growing away... or getting ready to implant or both). 5 dpo tomorrow, which means I'm 2 days away from the horrible needle attack. I so hate needles...

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

I started spotting tonight. I guess the IUI didn't take. :
Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 AM

Ity : I'm so so sorry.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

I don't even know hot to put a positive spin on this. This IUI was our chance for hope. Without insurance coverage for IVF we just simply can't afford it. It's not even a remote possability at this point. Asoption is in the same boat, it's just simply too much money. So because my body has failed me, I don't get to be a mom, and it hurts so much to even think that that I can barely breathe. I thought this was it, and it's not and I can barely comprehend how much it hurts me to say that. I think I need to take a break from this whole mess. I'm not gonna be around for a few days.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:41 AM

ity.. I wish I knew the words to say to tell you how sorry I am...
we all love you!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower View Post
I do think there is something super neat about the idea of all of us all over the country holding the same keychain and thinking good thoughts about babies and each other getting babies.
Me too! Thanks so much, Lily.

Ooohhh, what a day! I am sorry about the frustration you went through, Teneal, and also darned sorry that you aren't pg. I thought your rant was great -- what we all feel on certain days, but you conveyed it so well in writing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
I don't even know hot to put a positive spin on this. This IUI was our chance for hope. Without insurance coverage for IVF we just simply can't afford it. It's not even a remote possability at this point. Asoption is in the same boat, it's just simply too much money. So because my body has failed me, I don't get to be a mom, and it hurts so much to even think that that I can barely breathe. I thought this was it, and it's not and I can barely comprehend how much it hurts me to say that. I think I need to take a break from this whole mess. I'm not gonna be around for a few days.
Ity, I'm so so so sorry this didn't work for you. I am thinking of you tonight and will be all this week, knowing you're hurting but hoping you can feel our support too... It makes sense if you "disappear" from here for a few days, but also know we'd love to hear from you no matter what you're feeling, thinking, processing.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:27 AM

Ity I am so sorry... you will be in my prayers

Old 02-28-2007, 04:29 AM

Oh, Ity, I'm so very sorry. I wish I had the right words to comfort you. Just know that I'm thinking of you and sending you .

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
Old 02-28-2007, 05:02 AM

oh ity-i just wanted to send you a quick hug. know that i know just how you feel. maybe not for insurance, but dh doesn't even think he feels comfortable with trying ivf. when my iui failed, i kept reading up on it and the chances just really aren't that great in comparison to normally dtd. i really have felt a ton more relaxed letting go of the medical stuff for a while..dh and i both have been in a much better place. even this last af wasn't as hard to deal with because i feel like we're really supposed to get to the point where all our energy is NOT focused on a maybe baby. i'm sure this doesn't help AT all right now...but know that i am in the same boat...you are not alone on this exhausting journey! take care of yourself...

mom to 2 pooches, one wild and awesome little boy kid.gif who joined our family through the miracle of adoption, and expecting 2 miracle babies in spring 2013 after 7 years of ttc!belly.gif

Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 AM

Oh Ity I am so sorry.

Leslie

Teneal vent and cry away whenever you need to

Sounds like a generally rough day everyone, take care of yourselves.

I am overwhelmd again by the amount of personals I'd like to do. I haven't had much time here, been just too busy.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for us all. Sweet dreams.

Oh, Val, I did want to say that I don't generally take antibiotics but if I were really miserable I'd just do it. Is it an outer ear infection or middle ear ? Sometimes a nasal saline spray helps things drain for the middle ear ones and sinus nfections. Anyways, I don't think it would have a bad effect if you took the meds. My MW says it really takes a few weeks before they are really that tapped into your blood supply. It's not ideal but I'd be more concerned about my body fighting off an infection... that would seem like an even less hospitable environment. Just a judgement call I guess.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:17 AM

Ity - I'm so sorry. I wish there was something that I could say, but there really isn't so just know that I'm thinking of you.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:23 PM

Ity, I am sorry it didn't happen this time. I really think it will still happen for you though. I still think you WILL be a mom. It'll happen. I hope you are doing okay today.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Ity

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM

Ity--I'm so sorry.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:58 PM

I have a problem... there is no one "seasoned" enough left to take over the 6+ month thread...

do you think it would be mean if I just started another one for march? cause ity did it fo februrary here (not that I'm pointing fingers or anything ).. I just don't want to hand of this privilege to someone who is so new...

does anyone here want to do it...

I love my job *sniffle*

Old 02-28-2007, 02:06 PM

btw.. I asked katherine.. as she was the only one left over there that I really felt should do it... but she declined (which I understand)

*sigh*

Old 02-28-2007, 02:30 PM

Crystal I'm fine with it either way - I think there's a couple who have taken care of TOT if I'm not mistaken but if nobody wants it and you have the time to do it 2 months it's no biggie.

Ity I'm thinking about you today, I hope you and your DH (and New Kitty) are doing ok. Big hugs to you, come back whenever you're ready to cry or laugh or rant or be loved. I believe that it will happen and that you'll be a wonderful mom.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:34 PM

March! Right... What about our thread? I can start a new one unless someone else already has plans to do it. I admit that I could have missed that exchange in the flurry.

As for the other thread, since you asked, it seems like someone else could easily do it even if they haven't been on long. All it takes is obsessive thread checking! If someone is committed to it, I can't see why they couldn't do it.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:05 PM

Yeah, I don't think it is hard, except the warning about using Advanced editing every time.

Angel, I vote for YOU to do this thread this time! (unless Funnygrace truly is dying for it), but you love the job and made the 6+ thread SO PRETTY!

I really think someone over there should be able to. I am trying to stay put on one thread. The more I search around on here, the more sad I get sometimes.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:30 PM

well I asked elk.. and if she doesnt want it then allison is in line (again I am so sorry allison... I didnt mean it I swear!!)

I would love to take this thread.. if no one else wants it though

lily.. a tip.. I use opera brower.. and when you select the text.. you have the option of "copy to note" which it basically takes all that text and plops it in a "note" tab... so if I were to lose anything.. I could easily get it back

Old 02-28-2007, 04:34 PM

Crystal--It's fine with me if you to do the 12+ March thread.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 PM

Yes!!! : :

Old 02-28-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
I don't even know hot to put a positive spin on this.
I'm so, so sorry Ity
Old 02-28-2007, 05:18 PM

Ity & Lesliesara~ Huge s to both of you! I'm so sorry.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 AM

Wow, so much has happened around here. A new thread keeper and everything.

I hope that everyone's doing better than me. I openned my inbox today to find that two of my buddies from back home sent me the latest pics of their kids. : Love the kids, hate feeling like I'm being bombarded w/ my shortcomings. Which of course they didn't mean to do, I know. At least I have tomorrow off, so I'll have all day to pamper myself and get over the blah-ness that I'm feeling right now.

to all, especially Ity again.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)

User Tag List