~Nursing Mamas TTC in February~ - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2007, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post

Testing Question -- based ont eh readig I am doing today EPT tests to 40 and is the lowest how there (most sensitive) I thought i had seen something else somewhere -- any input.

Aimee
I thought there were ones that read 25? Let me go look and see if I can find anything.

edited to add - here is the link to the chart from peeonastick.com

http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html

That lists all of them with the levels they measure.

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2007, 04:10 PM

thanks

the two brands i have here are supposedly 25 (I thought EPT was 40, but it says 25 here ) --- i get confused there are so many with so many names.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 02-24-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
All I can say si remember EACH person is differnt -- and the title means nothing. I have dealth with PITA CNM and MW as well as GREAT GYNs....so it is ALL in the person.

Now there are other thing -- like chance are in an OB office you will have more providers to deal with, vs an indpedant MW.......but here in DM I know a great independant OB (male doc)....so there are no strict rules....it is all person by person......so i don't think it matter mw vs ob (except of course for the other issues -- hb, birth center...etc) -- it is all in teh person.

I have T with an indepdant CNM and HATED her and the whole situation. I started the PG with hosptial based CNM office and was totally unimpressed -- but wish i had stayed there. ....... this time we will just use a OB and be a number and I will be less stresses and more than glad to slip into the cracks.

Aimee
Very true, depends on the provider themselves. Hopefully, I'll be able to see a couple of different people and find one I click with. Plus, I'm adding in a doula this time which should help prevent anything that is not necessary. I would love to have a homebirth, but BF would never go for it.

I hate the idea of a "group" of providers. If I can find a single provider, I will be more than thrilled. I don't want to have to continually argue what I want with different people, and not know who is going to be there for the birth. I miss my old OB, but she isn't delivering babies anymore I plan on refusing the GD test (BAD reaction to it last pg) and I know it is going to cause me problems with some docs.

Good luck to everyone testing tomorrow!

Old 02-24-2007, 04:19 PM

I refused GTT test -- with medical CNM -- and while i had to argue my point -- it was ok. I took in a list of the 8 or 9 risk factors -- and dicussed how only ONE of them (over 30) applied, i popint out i had low weight not excessive weight gain.......and i made a good "sicence" argument. Thye didn't love it -- but didn't have much room to fight it. That is my plan for this time. Also took in a couple of articals -- Dr Sear, and Mothering about how blood sugare is supposed to go up in pg and how the GTT is unsicenctiic as it can't be repodices with the same results -- i kept all this is anyone ever wants it.

MY main issue with most Ob office -- in general, as opposed to specific issues with people -- is the number of providers round-robining for delievery.

the office we at now --adn we jsut chose it -- we may hate it -- but i do not have the emotional or physckal enegery to keep shopping with 15 month old in tow -- is only 4 doctors......better thant eh 7 to 9 in some of the local ones.

No matter what -- just be your own best advocate

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 02-24-2007, 04:27 PM

4 docs is not bad, I can't imagine seeing 7 or 8 or more!

There is no way in he** I can take that stupid GD test again. I failed the 1 hour, then when I tried to take the 3 hour it was a nightmare. They collapsed the vein in my arm, collapsed the vein in my hand, then sent me to a lab to do it, where I proceeded to become violently ill from the stuff they make you drink. I ended up being ill for 3 days. I left, went home and told my OB "no way am I doing that again" and made them give me a sugar monitor. I tested for a week, had really high sugars all the time and was diagnosed with GD that way. So, I am refusing the 1 hour and 3 hour and will just monitor my sugars daily again.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:50 PM

Wow....guess I'm just sheltered in my town. I went to a clinic for James and saw one of 20+ or so OB's in the clinic. I only ever saw my doctor. Never another one. They called him for the birth. From what I hear every single doctor is on call for their patients for birth.

For this baby (that I'm TTC'ing) I'm seeing a midwife that works with the clinic in my town and from what I've heard I'll only see her. Never anyone else. My friend did have an OB pop in on her after she delievered but onl because she tore really bad and the midwife wanted a DO to touch up her stitches. *shrug* Maybe it's just an area thing? I'm pretty sure there are 4 or 5 OB's in this clinic.

But the downside is at my old clinic they are OB/Family doctors/etc and if I needed to be seen right away for something it was an act of congress to get in with a different doctor in the clinic.

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
Old 02-24-2007, 08:04 PM

I seen a doc the first baby and it was ok but the next time i seen a midwife and only had to see the other docs if i needed or wanted to and it was such a nice and plesent pregnancy
Old 02-24-2007, 10:37 PM

IT IS ALMOST SUNDAY

i have my test all laid out -- on the counter -- ready for tomorrow FMU

But now i am freaking, what if it is still toooo early. tomorrow is only 12 DOP -- so AF really isn't due for two more days. ALso if I Oed a day later than FF is saying, whcih is possible based on POAS O tests, then I will onl y be 11 DPO

I WILL TEST -- but I am freaked it will be NEg. AS long as I don't test, it can still "maybe" be pos. KWIM??

AImee

Old 02-24-2007, 10:45 PM

Checking in ... crazy week!

GTT- my homebirth CNMs ask you to take one, but you can refuse. I took one when pg with my last child because my mom had recently been diagnosed w/ diabetes and was scared I'd have gest. diabetes. I had to eat a pb&j sandwich, an apple and drink a glass of milk and get my blood tested an hour or two later. This time around (if I ever get pg!) I'll do it myself w/ my mom's gluco-meter if I decide to do it. I didn't do any other testing other than the initial blood draw, which was done at my mw's office.

Testing- I'll be 10dpo tomorrow so *may* break down and test, but am planning to wait until Monday or Tuesday at least. ITA w/ not enjoying the end of the 2ww, being afraid of seeing red every time you wipe!!!

Anyone in the 2ww having any pregnancy symptoms? I've had nausea for a few days and sore bbs.

~mama nym~
Old 02-24-2007, 10:46 PM

I'm scared too. I cheated and tested on Thursday and it was still negative. I do think it's too early for me. My maybe period was on the 28, 29 and 30 so it's not due until next week. I also don't think I ovulated until maybe the 16th.

I will test tomorrow though. Hoping for a +
Old 02-24-2007, 11:52 PM

If I get a neg tomorrow I will test again Tue -- which is when I think AF should be due

Old 02-25-2007, 12:42 AM

I'm officially late today. I tested 2 days ago and it was negative, so I'm not holding out much more than a tiny bit of hope. I'm actually out of tests, so I'll have to buy one and test later in the day tomorrow. Oh and lucky me-- I caught a cold and feel yucky. :

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
Old 02-25-2007, 12:46 AM

if i was you i would save FMU -- then go buy a test -- so you can have the best chance at a accurate result.

-------------------------- less than 12 hours till TEST time.................

Old 02-25-2007, 01:18 AM

WHy did I have to come back and read this? You mamas are making me want to test....and dh is going to be leaving for work EARLY tomorrow so I *could* do it in secret and then surprise him if it's + .... but I really want to hold out until Tues.... aaaarrgh!

I'm hoping I see lots of BFP's when I return tomorrow!!!: :

~mama nym~
Old 02-25-2007, 01:23 AM

Quote:
I *could* do it in secret and then surprise him if it's +
I alwsy test in secret --

I will leave DS adn DH in bed -- and "get up to go to the bathroom and get a drink" -- I will POAS, go downstairs, get drink ...slllowly ... and check the test on the way back to bed................

I need to see the results alone -- esp since i get really upset by

and DH is more "it will happen when it happnes"

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

how is everyone going to tell DH -- and others.

I am working on a shirt for DS.............

it is even closer to test time, 10 hours.............................

Old 02-25-2007, 02:31 AM

OH MY AIMEE I REALLY HOPE THIS IS IT FOR YOU IF NOT I THINK I WILL FOR YOU
Old 02-25-2007, 02:45 AM

Hello! I'm sorry that I don't get to be on here more often. Didn't think it was going to happen this month but I finally ovulated on the 21cd! So I guess I'm in the 2ww now although mine should be called the 10 day wait I'm afraid my LF might be too short.......

We used preseed this month hoping that would help the little guys along. And we bd almost every day-7 days all together. DH doesn't mind but I think I've had enough that I'm good till next year!!! My little boy needs a brother or sister He was at awe with my friend's 4 month old yesterday. I told my dh if I get a BFN this month, we are going to take a break and just do it when we feel like it. I do still want to chart though in case we need to have it for reference later. I will just have to keep myself from analysing sp? it.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Married to wonderful DH 10 yrs DS 9yrs self-weaned @ 3 1/2 yrs  TTC 3 yrs got preg 4 months after HSG with DS 4yrs self-weaned at 3 1/2 yrs  Hope to have more little ones but have secondary infertility issues so we'll just have to see what the future brings Enjoying homeschooling and farming
Old 02-25-2007, 04:35 AM

hi ladies...so i am getting really bad cramps today. it feels like af is here...but she hasn't showed. it feels eerily familiar...like my body is mocking me for not being preggo

dh is getting more and more into the idea of ttc

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
Old 02-25-2007, 05:28 AM

got two answer brand...will be testing w/FMU

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
Old 02-25-2007, 10:37 AM

Didn't test this morning - even though I REALLY wanted to!

Telling people.... I'll change the desktop background on dh's computer to show a positive pregnancy test or something along those lines. For the kids I'll wrap up baby stuff and give it to them as gifts and wait for them to figure it out. I'm not sure how we'll tell my parents - we're thinking of having friends of theirs (one of whom is stationed in Afghanistan (sp? sleep deprived and can't spell! ) and would get a total kick out of being the one to break the news to them). My parents and the rest of my family will probably react in a not-so-positive way since they think we're nuts for having as many kids as we have right now! Oh, well...they should expect it by now! Dh's family is a little tougher because they're out - of - state. I'm thinking that they usually visit in the Spring, and I should be showing by, say, 12 weeks (each pregnancy I show earlier - at 15 weeks last pregnancy, people were saying, "any time now, right?" and by 40 weeks people were convinced I was having triplets...I was HUGE!) so I may just pad my belly a bit if necessary and greet them at the door! I'll end up calling most of my friends out of sheer excitement.

C'mon bfp's!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 10:42 AM

Come on BFPs!!!! I'm totally stalking this thread today and living vicariously through you all

Old 02-25-2007, 11:17 AM

culd MAYBE be a VERY VERY VERY faint Pos -- as you can see the shadow of the "preggo" line -- but it ani't there.

this was our 6th try

this was the last oppertunioty to have a EDD before The's birthday

if no AF I will tst again Tuesday -- I have only one test left and we are offically snowed in, so i doubt i go get more tomorrow -- if i do it will ahve to be the local IGA or Dollar General IF they have any. so i will save my last test till Tue.............................but not that i go a neg, AF should show today

I am really thinking about giving up

Old 02-25-2007, 11:43 AM

Aimee!!! Praying that af stays away and both of us get bfp's on Tuesday!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 AM

the more i look at it -- and trust me i have stared at it -- i think it really could be a faint Pos. on myother Neg tests, i have never seen ANYTHING wher the pos line should be -- just blank with a dark test line. the test line is still really dark, and ther eother line is jsut kinda there -- a shadow or some someing, line really a "light line" but you can see it whereas you can't on the other neg tests -- KWIM?

So

COME ON TUESDAY

I wish i had more than one test in the house -- I'd try tonight (after another 12 hours of "hormon doubling time" and tomorrow am -- or at least tomorrow am ............................ i really really really really want and answer -- this is NOW worse than 2ww........................................

Old 02-25-2007, 12:06 PM

I have 3 tests in the cabinet calling to me... I had 5, but two fell out of the cabinet (I really need to reorganize! ) and my toddler ripped them apart and threw them in the potty! : .

It's hard to wait - I wish I could overnight you some tests!!! Im SO hoping that it really is a + for you!!!!

C'mon TUESDAY!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 12:11 PM

my possible delussion of the faint faint faint line is keeping me going till Tue -- no AF no AF no AF.............................

so where are all our other Sunday testers.......I need some POS to be happy about

Old 02-25-2007, 12:16 PM

Here, I'm a Sunday tester.....and it's a BFP!!!!

I know I'm new on this thread. Thanks for letting me hang out! Hoping to see more BFPs!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 02-25-2007, 12:21 PM

welldone ----- what a perfect name for today ---- : :

and how mnay cycles were you TTC????

Aimee

Old 02-25-2007, 01:00 PM

A big fat no.

I'm still clinging though. If period doesn't show up by Friday I'll test again. I'm still not sure I actually ovulated. The last time I did when ttc for Hayley it was very obvious when I did. This time I'm just thinking I might have...

Oh well there's always next month I guess.

Good luck Aimee!
Old 02-25-2007, 02:11 PM

jenangelcat --- you are NOTout till AF shows up..........

A

User Tag List